alpha asshole cock carousel alpha males antifeminism bad boys beta males conspiracy theory evil women female beep boop grandiosity men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA nice guys oppressed men racism reddit shit that never happened thug-lovers

Evil Seven Step Plan to Destroy Men uncovered by Men’s Rights Redditor

This is Step Eight
Step 8: Release the Monkeys

After yesterday’s horribleness, here’s a bit of MRA pontificating that’s mostly just absurd. In the Men’s Rights subreddit, our dear old friend OuiCrudites spells out the Seven Step Plan that is destroying men today. He doesn’t explain 1) who exactly is taking these steps, or 2) why exactly they want to destroy men, but, you know, I think we can just assume 1) the evil feminist gynomatriarchy/women in general and 2) EEEEEEVIL.

Step 1: Tell boys that they are disruptive and inferior to the girls in their classes.  Step 2: Once boy reaches puberty, assume that he is a potential rapist and woman batterer. Also assume his female contemporaries can do no wrong.  Step 3: Tell pubescent male that he must be a perfect gentleman and repress anything that makes him masculine if he wants females to like him. Shame him when he happens to notice that females throw themselves at his most aggressive male classmates. Tell the females they can do no wrong.  Step 4: Throw zillions of female-only scholarships and hiring quotas at young adult females. Tell her that she is a helpless victim that can do no wrong. Assume the young adult man is a rapist woman oppressor looking for victims.  Step 5: Smile and nod while some females mate with the roughest thugs they can find, and give them welfare. Browbeat all males for not "manning up."  Step 6: Allow some wives to ruthlessly tear apart their families for non-dire reasons. Withhold children from loving fathers. But of course, continue to demand child support.  Step 7: Ignore and shame men who fall on hard times. Act surprised when they hold a gun to their head and pull the trigger.

Interesting that two whole steps out of the seven here involve complaints about “females” dating thuggy alpha bad boys instead of decent, hard-working nice guys like those you might find posting thoughtful comments on gender relations in helpful list form on Reddit.

Kittehserf

Patriarchy is a protection racket.

It’s worse than that, because even when you’re paying, you’re not safe.

… I’m now thinking of the Pirahna brothers and the Plan, the Other Plan and the Other Other Plan.

gelar
gelar

The trouble with this scenario is that if there are no other men around and the one that is there is sick…

He is suddenly the nearest source of meat.

… This is how most of story ideas have been ending lately. It has to stop at some point.

palmedfire

At the risk of being off-topic-y, when did fedoras get associated with MRAs and their ilk? It makes me very sad. I like fedoras. I own a fedora. Many of the people I find exceedingly attractive are even more so in a fedora.

/end random fedora love.

Kittehserf

/end random fedora love.

Quoted for Fucking Truth!

I keep asking that question. I don’t own a fedora but my beloved has a couple and it pisses. me. off. no. end to see gorgeous headwear (and ditto about them making attractive people even more so) being appropriated by those losers and associated with them. What next – one can’t wear a particular style of glasses or jeans or boots because misogynistic losers happen to as well?

Kittehserf

(I know nobody’s saying “you can’t wear them” but the whole fedora = PUA thing comes across that way to me.)

Kim
Kim

I live in a jungle (modern name: rainforest). Occasionally my bf gets sick. I’ve never felt fear because of it. I don’t expect him to protect me from wild animals even when he’s well. I did ask me to help shoo a large python off the road in front of our house so it didn’t get run over.

Kittehserf

But Kim, our jungles don’t count! There are no tigers!

Anyway there’s a sure-fire tiger distractor for when one’s Manly Man is such a failure as to get sick. Just carry a large cardboard box on your expedition. We saw video evidence yesterday that tigers looooove playing in cardboard boxes.

Marie
Marie

@Alex

Patriarchy says men can’t control themselves, but it also says men have to protect women. I think I’ll take my chances protecting myself…

Seconded onto forever.

@Radical Parrot

“When no one was looking, feminists took forty cakes. They took 40 cakes. That’s as many as four tens. And that’s terrible.”

XD It is terrible.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Hat Man posted, “I do not believe in the patriarchy myth…” but then goes on to express his worldview — which is all about supporting patriarchy. Later on, he claims the patriarchy is hard on men, not aware that “patriarchy hurts men too” is a feminist slogan.

“Actually I do not think it is only the political left who has a hatred of weakness in men. I think it is innate to women.”

Projection gets in the way of clear thinking, yes. Self-hate is uttererly terribel and sad.
Historically, men have defined manhood. In some cases, those definitions have toxic consequences.

“Basically.. being in the jungle with a man who gets sick is pretty scary for a woman. She is in need of protection and her fear turns to anger- directed at the man who has just become sick.”

Men should never get sick is a feminist thing? No. Huh-uh. He knows it too. He’s describing machoism. That bit about men being put on the earth to protect women is a sexist social construct, so dudebro doesn’t have to worry about sacrificing himself for someone in the name of manhood. There, problem solved. Though somehow I think he knows this too, and the jungle scenario is really about hating chicks who dig guys who can do lots of push-ups or whatever the hell it is “Nice Guys” claim.

“This is one reason for the lack of suicide prevention services for men in the UK. The health service is very largely run by women and many of them have an unspoken rage at men who get sick.

It is an evolutionary thing really. This is not to say it cannot be dealt with.”

I’ll just ignore the suicide prevention comment since it’s utter horsehit. The “evolutionary thing really.” I can’t ignore. I mean, if it’s just biology that makes women adore strong men — and he believes this wholeheartedly, then why the rage? Why not be at peace and hire the occassional sex worker if nature is simply carrying along according to the mandates of his belief system. But what if it’s not true? What? People don’t like hooking up with assholes? Whaaaaaa? No! That’s not it! Evolution! Biology! I believe it dictates the actions of everyone — but it pisses me off too! The system is fixed, so I’m in the clear…

Argenti Aertheri

Oh, I just remembered I was going to say this when it came up, but the last troll using male suicide to play GOTCHA was Joe attempting to say I don’t actually care about the men I know who’ve committed suicide.

And if you see this Joe, you can continue kindly fucking off.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I could be wrong, but I think the association of “nice guys” PUAs and fedoras came about because of dating sites where they post pics of themselves looking kewel, or trying to. Then that whole thing of “nice guys of OK Cupid” pretty much cemented it.

I love hats, all sorts of hats, and I think it a shame that fedoras have acquired a bad association.

Emily-goddess
Emily-goddess

I don’t read the fedora thing as a criticism of the hat, but of the guys who think wearing one is cool enough to make up for their horrible personalities.

Kittehserf

The annoying thing is when “fedora-wearing” gets turned into shorthand as if wearing the style made you an asshat. They’re not related.

Speaking of hats, Someone pinched my brand new cable-knit cap again this morning. He’s as bad as a cat, I swear.

Kim
Kim

If you’re going to wear an old-style hat, I’d much prefer a flatcap to a fedora.

Kittehserf

I like the butcher-boy or baker-boy (same thing) style caps. Flat ones don’t work for me and I’ve never seen himself wear one. Flat caps can look really good on some people, just not us. 😀

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh — you probably shouldn’t have said that. I mean, unless the goal was to see him in one.

As for the fedora hate, I blame hipsters. Or rather, the assumption that fedora = hipster and hipster = asshole.

cloudiah

Kitteh, I am so sorry that jerks have appropriated fedoras. Here, have an inflatable dog:

Kittehserf

OMG inflatable chiahuahua! That is the funniest!

Argenti – LOL you’re probably right. He’s very good at doing Feline Perversity. Not surprising, given how many of ’em are there, using their mind control.

… somehow I can see him looking good in a flat cap. Especially a patchwork check one (she said, knowing he doesn’t like patterned hats or caps).

Argenti Aertheri

Hi Detached! Everybody, scroll up, Detached had good shit to say.

Kitteh, I can sympathize with liking a fashion item that has an unfair association with a certain subculture or behavior, but at some point you just have to accept that the association is going to continue to exist and everyone’s not actually talking about you or Louis.

Kittehserf

Don’t worry, katz, I don’t think they are – but it’s a good chance to remind folk that lots of people wear fedoras and get a bit pissed off with the constant association. It even found its way onto Feministe a while back, and not from me, believe it or not!

Plus, hat discussion in general = good. 🙂

Detached
Detached

@Argenti Aertheri

Ah, thanks. I’m glad that I let that out. I really have found these guys to be laughable, but it’s so important prevent their toxic views from reaching people. I’m also glad that sites like this give me a place to really see what I got away from, so I guess I have to thank Man Boobz too.

eumenidis
eumenidis

@Fibinachi–HAHAHAH! That was so delicious I had to save it & add it to a folder of humorous filk.

cloudiah

Fibinachi writes so much delicious stuff.

pecunium

Blacky: If you think the solutions offered are faulty in some way- then say so.

They have been, but as with your last instantiation, you aren’t listening.

pecunium

Blacky: Then why is suicide funny?

It’s not. The idea that the list is actually about suicide, isn’t funny either.

It’s laughable.

There is a difference, look it up.

pecunium

And now I must get dressed and go to work. I’ll miss lots of fun, if you chew the hat to pieces, and leave none for me, I’ll understand.

eumenidis
eumenidis

Umm…last time I looked the general consensus was that we were savannah dwellers rather than jungle dwellers during most of our evolution, & were a social species even then. Also, that modern peoples who live in conditions similar to those of our distant ancestors typically live in communities–isolated individuals, or couples, tend to wind up dead fairly quickly, so both members of couple in the jungle would have excellent cause to be scared, & if the woman was their unwillingly, say, he’d kidnapped her from her tribe or had to accompany a husband thrown out of the tribe, she’d likely be fairly furious with him *before* he got sick–actually, his getting sick might mean she could return to her tribe, so could be she’d be more glad than angry.

Seems to me that MRAs don’t have the average Boy Scout’s understanding of the reality of wilderness survival, let alone an archaeologist’s or anthropologist’s.

pecunium

Blacky: I’ve found your problem. I believe

Not think, not have evidence to support, “believe”.

My little sister used to believe there was a monster in the hall closet. Every night we had to make sure the closet door was shut, so it couldn’t get out and eat someone up in the night.

You believe women expect things. That facts (as with my sister and the closet) are immaterial this belief. You have a feeling.

The problem is that your feeling is wrong, and you have tried to engage the world as if the world should be in accord with your feelings.

Unlike my sister, you are not four years old (she’d older now, the closet has lost its monster). Your disconnect from the actual world has real implications, and effects. The effect is that you look like a moron.

pecunium

Blacky: Basically.. being in the jungle with a man who gets sick is pretty scary for a woman. She is in need of protection and her fear turns to anger- directed at the man who has just become sick.

Whut? She (as any decent person does) helps him, tends to him. Tries to make him well. If for no other reason than being alone in the jungle is worse.

Unfortunately feminism has created an authoritarian culture by which everyone needs to know that you are a cis/bi/bdsm/catlover or whatever.

This is none of their business. Get a lavender partner and tell them to go to hell make them think you are straight, and involved (rather than just be alone, and not care what they think).

Gods, but you are thick.

pecunium

Blacky: I had some respect for you for a while. Y

I find this hard to believe.

Then again, I find it hard to believe that Ugh gives a damn for your respect, given that what you believe is wrong, and the people whom you support (and give your respect to) are vile.

pecunium

and now I’m out the door.

Plus, hat discussion in general = good. 🙂

Now there I agree wholeheartedly. Doad looks incredibly good in a fez but doesn’t believe it. He says I look incredibly good in a flapper hat but I don’t believe it. We have a headgear stalemate.

Kittehserf

A fez! Cool! Don’t see many (or any) fezzes around here. Quite a few variations on flapper hats (d’you mean cloche hats for that?) Tried that look myself but it doesn’t really work for me, I need a wider hat.

Oh, it struck me last night just after your gentle hint (true!) that the way to frame the fedora busines is “Not even wearing a fedora can improve these creeps; it’s just an illustration of the term ‘about as much use as a hatful of arseholes’.” Lovely hat does not improve douchecanoe wearer.

Which would be true regardless of the style, garment, whatever. They could be dressed as [insert name of favourite person here] and it would neither improve them nor reflect on the innocent clothing. 😛

Lovely hat does not improve douchecanoe wearer.

Very true. (I, for one, also think fedoras are nice looking and that it’s too bad that they often get worn by obnoxious people.)

Myoo
Myoo

Lovely hat does not improve douchecanoe wearer

dot tumblr dot com

Tracy
Tracy

I believe the problem here is quite subtle. Women expect men to be protectors and providers. This has been the case for all of recorded history. Feminism once argle bargle the new left blaarg.

I believe the problem here is quite obvious. Your premise is faulty. Try testing it out – ask the women here if they expect men to be protectors and providers. Here, I will answer first… no, I do not. OMG, a black swan. Whatcouldthismean

What is left is an instinctive hatred and contempt for men who are seen as weak. This is why men do not get the medical treatment they need and die (particularly of cancer) needlessly. How dare these men be weak!

If this really is how you view the world, I feel very sorry for you. My stepdad is being treated for lymphoma. My mum does not think he’s weak – she thinks the man she loves is sick, and it’s scary. I didn’t think he was weak either, when I moved in temporarily while he was hospitalized. On the contrary, I thnk he’s tough as nails – he’s fighting it with everything he’s got (and even if he wasn’t, for whatever reason, I still wouldn’t think he was weak.) Maybe you just don’t understand how to care about other people?

It is also why some women get angry at men who are not rampant studs. Men are ‘supposed’ to be having sex all the time (or thinking about it). Some men simply do not. Some men are more interested in romance than multiple sex partners. All of this causes confusion among women.

*headdesk* Citation, seriously. Assfax, y u no make sense?

Suddenly we have blaargh gaaah fargle onandonandon.

Overcoming shyness, no problem. Blaming an entire gender for your own personal problems? Telling women how they feel, act, etc without ever actually, yanno, asking any? Refusing to accept evidence that contradicts your craptastical assertions? Problem. Get out of the MRA bubble and actually listen to what other people are telling you.

If not, well then kindly go have a thumbtack enema.

Kittehserf

“Maybe you just don’t understand how to care about other people?”

DING DING DING we have a winner!

1 4 5 6