a voice for men FemRAs friend zone friend zoning misogyny MRA oppressed men paul elam rape rape culture reddit terrorism TyphonBlue whaaaaa?

TyphonBlue: “Aside from the minor … physical effects of abortion surgery, how is forced abortion different for men or women?”

Men suffer from all those stupid lady afflictions too.
Men suffer from all those stupid lady afflictions too.

You may recall that post a couple of days back in which I talked about Dean Esmay of A Voice for Men — the alleged “Men’s Human Rights” site that hosts an open call to firebomb courthouses and police stations in its “activism” section — suggesting that unnamed Man Boobz “minions” might stoop to impersonating female MRAs in an attempt to make the Men’s Rights movement look bad.

As I pointed out at the time, it is the official policy of Man Boobz that the Men’s Rights movement does not need any help making itself look bad, and will not get any from me or my, er, minions. All quotations from MRAs on this site, regardless of gender, are 100% real and not made up by my minions or by me.

Anyway, as if to prove once again that MRAs don’t need any help making fools of themselves, the FeMRA videoblogger known as TyphonBlue — a “senior editor” at AVFM, whatever that means — made some comments over on Reddit recently that I doubt will assist the Men’s Rights movement in its rather half-hearted attempts to improve its poor image.

The trouble began when Ms. Blue — real name, Asha James — proclaimed that there was no such thing as a radical MRA, and someone in the Men’s Rights subreddit challenged her on this assertion, bringing up, among other things, our anti-friendzoning friend from the other day:

questionmon

But it was TyphonBlue’s response that really took the discussion to the next level of WTFery:

typhonfootinmouth
Open mouth, insert foot. Insert other foot. Then shove Paul Elam’s foot in there as well.

An amazing performance there from TyphonBlue, Authentic Female MRA.

(Thanks to the AgainstMensRights subreddit for pointing me to her quotes.)

cloudiah

I can’t even watch that footage, so I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be for you, thebionicmommy.

Yoyo
Yoyo

Wow, how incredibly destructive those storm cells are! I’m presuming its pretty flat country there? Would most buildings have shelters?

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

@cloudiah, I’m making myself watch it. I figure if they are the ones going through the suffering this time, the least I can do is watch it and know what they’re going through.

TRIGGER WARNING

They updated and said the elementary school did not have storm shelters, so the kids were in the hallways, and not in a basement but in the first floor. I know what Joplin High’s halls looked like in 2011, so it’s sickening to think about what those students went through. There is no brain bleach in the world that can help after hearing that.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Yoyo, I don’t know how many people would have shelters in Oklahoma. I hope they did, but shelters are also extremely expensive. I would buy one for my family, but they cost $5,000, so it’s usually rich people that have shelters and everyone else takes their chances.

robotarmygeneral
robotarmygeneral

If you want a bit of a laugh about the inverse of “friend-zoning”, I present http://literaryreference.tumblr.com/post/50677204942/why-do-men-keep-putting-me-in-the-girlfriend-zone. Arrive for the satiric post, stay to roll your eyes at the angry menz in the comments

Yoyo
Yoyo

That’s awful bionicmum, I suppose I’m not surprised. The bloody Anne randians would say that is as it should be. I hope you and your fellow bionics stay safe. Xx

Auggie
Auggie

Jesus Christ, this woman is a complete piece of shit… A lethal combination of stupid and horrible.

Off topic, kinda, but one of my teachers I found out is very into evo-psych… I feel bad because I liked her, but now she just is really dumb to me.
Basically she thinks that women can’t do math, and men can’t to english, because caveman stuff. Today we were talking about vegetarianism, and one girl said she was a vegetarian. Well then my teacher started talking about how men literally could not survive on a vegetarian diet, but only women could, because “back in the cavemen days, men would hunt for meat”. And no she wasn’t being sarcastic.
Later, we talked about famous rappers, like Tupac and Biggie Smalls. We asked if she liked Eminem, and she got kind of pissed and said “No, no. That guy is such an idiot” (She is a fan of Biggie, so she wasn’t bashing Eminem for being shallow or whatever). We asked her why, and she said “I hate anyone who doesn’t know their own color”…
(She is white btw).
I also know she’s took birth control pills for a while, and apparently they made her sick or something, so she thinks they’re super unhealthy and unnatural.

Another girl in my class did a project on Male vs Female brains… and it was all just “women are super duper emotional and good at language, cuz babies teachin” and “men are super duper mathematical and emotionally stunted and competitive, cuz cavemen”. She only had one source, and it was a book by… something that looks like “Brendon Lennon” from far away. Basically I couldn’t see it on the powerpoint clearly, and she flipped the slide before I could squint and read it clearer.

I really wish schools would teach a bit of human evolution, so that we wouldn’t have people thinking The Flintstones is accurate anthropology.

KathleenB
KathleenB

“He did not consent to rape, therefore his consent was withdrawn the moment hers was–if she failed to clearly inform him of a fact that would change his consent to the sex act, then she was raping him”

/me tilts head

/turns tablet upside down

/holds it in front of a mirror

Wow. This manages to be horribly sexist AND make no damn sense. Does that combo unlock some kind of achievement in MRA land?

Marie
Marie

@thebionicmommy

Half of children are boys, by the way. Where is their compassion for all the boys abandoned by deadbeat dads in this paper abortion idea?

‘Course in their world, kids aren’t people either, just property >.<

And remember, half of those children are boys, so they can change the slogan “Compassion for men and boys” to be “Compassion for the tiny number of white, cis, heterosexual men who agree with all of the MRA talking points”.

It’d be more accurate that way…

@cloudiah

I’ve actually seen them parody calls for compassion for abandoned kids by saying “WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDRENZ” hur hur hur.

…>:( Is their no issue they can try to act like non-hateful human beings on?

with trigger warnings I didn’t manage to copy/paste He did not consent to rape, therefore his consent was withdrawn the moment hers was–if she failed to clearly inform him of a fact that would change his consent to the sex act, then she was raping him

There is simply nothing she won’t twist to blame a woman. What a piece of shit she is.

Fuck. God she is nasty. ‘he did not consent to rape-‘ RAPE DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! ugh. May she be sealed in a vat of karmic legos for all eternity.

@Yoyo

Typhonbluck reminds me of the horrible comments from (I suspect MRAs) that angelina jollies breast cancer problem was due to having too many abortions!

Luckily I managed to miss that brand of asshat so far. Still saw plenty of others though.

re: tornados

Watching the news right now; looks like much of Moore, OK has been flattened by the gigantic tornado. Property damage immense, no reports so far on injuries.

🙁 I hope everyone’s okay.

Marie
Marie

@Auggie

O_o But…didn’t people share? A diet of only meat or only veggies wouldn’t be good. And surely she’s got to know that male vegans can exist.

I’m like 99% sure that is racist, but have no idea who the rappers are, so can’t even tell wtf it means…

pecunium

Marie: It is racist. Rap, you see, is, “black” music, and Eminem is a white dude (we won’t go into Rock and Roll, or Blues, or the interesting questions of Jazz [ and it’s possible deep roots in Irish/Scottish music, with it’s complex patterns of rythm and variation; as well as the limited range of whistles and bagpipes] and how those are, “everyone’s music” now).

Racist, and essentialist, and stupid.

Marie
Marie

@pecunium

Thanks for explanation. Just didn’t know much about it, but it still seemed super suspicious-making.

Auggie
Auggie

Biggie Smalls = Black rapper.
Eminem = White rapper.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Ugh, the friendzone post and the guys going “what do you mean this is satire, that’s impossible” on it. Reading stuff like that makes me so grateful that I will never have to be in my teens or early-mid twenties again. All of the guys sound like they have very limited experience with relationships but a strong conviction that they are wise in the ways of love, which is a deadly combination.

/me tilts head

I’m seeing the velociraptors from Jurassic Park when I read that, but maybe that’s just because TyphonBlue brings out my inner urge to make with the teeth and claws.

Shaenon

What if a man was friendzoned by a pregnant woman, and he developed a sympathetic pregnancy from hanging around pretending to be her friend all the time? And then she got an abortion, causing him to lose his imaginary baby? And his lawsuit against the women for breach of invisible sex contract + forced invisible abortion was thrown out of court, and instead he had to serve on the jury for a rape trial?

That would be the most oppressed human in history.

Kittehserf

A woman being raped is in fact raping the man doing it?

Okay, my head just exploded. I’d better mop it up.

… but I can’t! The kittens have destroyed the toilet paper!

Alex

@TulgeyLogger,

Oh my god, that link…those fucking comments. I can’t. I can’t join reddit. My boyfriend uses it for pretty innocuous stuff, and that’s cool, but I have other venues for that. Reading the comments on reddit when a rape victim is involved makes me ragey enough; I can only imagine what getting involved would be like. Seriously, one fucking person on that thread tried to say that the survivor was just regretting cheating, and then brought up zir roommate who was raped, apparently to demonstrate what “real” rape was, don’t you know. What part of “I asked him to stop. He didn’t” do they not understand?!? What, because he fucking waited till she was in tears and only then stopped it was okay? So if a rapist’s victim isn’t crying, it’s okay to continue after “stop”? How about the part where she said she wasn’t into it from the start? I know when I have sex, I want my partner to be into it, but the word “Stop” is pretty goddam unambiguous. The guy’s a rapist, and he deserved to have “his life ruined”. These rape-apologizing scum can step on legos every step they take for the rest of their lives.

pecunium

I like that the MRA London things is argued by one person as, “A probably feminist gaslighting”.

I can’t make sense of it, but it sounds bad.

Kittehserf

I fancy the idea of an MRAdar that turns one into a velociraptor in their presence. VELOCIRAPTOR SLASH rather than HULK SMASH.

Argenti Aertheri

Cassandra — thank you, that’s what today needs, a Jurassic Park marathon…my 55g has a combination of ich and velvet and it’s been 100% fatal so far…I lost plec last night and I cannot deal with this shit right now. Dinosaurs sound like a really good idea. (And I feel like a jerk being all “my poor fish” in light of the tornados, so don’t mind me)

Kittehserf

Plec’s gone? Oh gods, Argenti, I’m so sorry! All the internet hugs if you want them!

🙁

cloudiah

Sorry about plec, Argenti. It’s not being a jerk to care about your fish; it’s not like you’re only capable of caring about one thing at a time.

Marie
Marie

@Argenti

Sorry about your plec 🙁 Jedi hugs if wanted.

And seconding what Cloudiah said.

Kittehserf

Thirding about not being a jerk. Grief is grief and if anyone said you shouldn’t feel that way … well, who could mourn ever, because there is always something dreadful happening in the world.

pecunium

Argenti: Everyone here is sad, since I just told them of the Velvet, and the loss of the Plec. :/

pecunium

They send hugs and sympathies.

Aaliyah

Argenti, I know how awful it is to deal with the death of a pet. I’m sorry to hear about it, and I’m seconding Cloudiah.

Argenti Aertheri

*accepts ALL THE HUGS* thanks guys. Just, thank you.

hellkell
hellkell

Sorry about the Plec, Argenti.

Biscuit sends runty orange kitten snuggles.

pineapplecookies

What do you all think about a situation in which a woman and a man have a long term relationship, she gets pregnant, gets an abortion without consulting their partner?

I have a situation like this in my close circle and the guy was devastated. Not so much because of the loss of the potential child, but because his partner didn’t share this with him.

(sorry for my English :P)

pineapplecookies

a happy face? oO it was not supposed to be a smiley… nevermind… .__.

*consulting her partner.

aaaaarrgggg…..

Kittehserf

Had they ever talked about having children, pineapplecookies?

Viscaria
Viscaria

It’s hard to know what to say, pineapplecookies. I’m sorry your friend was hurt. I’m not clear on the details — were they actively dating at the time and she didn’t tell him she was pregnant? — but regardless of the specifics of the situation, she was under no obligation to consult with him about her medical decisions.

Aaliyah

I would still be accepting of her decision, although I’d certainly feel bad for the guy.

Kittehserf

Pretty much what Aaliyah said. It suggests other issues in the relationship to me. Worst case that comes to my mind is that she feared he’d pressure her to continue the pregnancy if she told him.

pineapplecookies

they were together for 5 years and living together for about 3. they talked about children, but decided it was too soon. she never told him she got pregnant and he found out because she became very different after the abortion, quiet, stopped going out and he noticed and got worried.

what made him very sad, rather than “upset”, was that he felt she didn’t trust him to tell him something big like that. he said he would support her in whatever way. she was sinking in sadness and he didn’t even know what was going on until she finally told him. but it was almost a year after the fact. he took care of her during the depressive period.

they stayed together for a bit, but I believe the thought that she might not trust him, shook the couple.

we, the group, don’t talk about this ever. but I get myself wondering about that a lot when abortion gets in the talk. I really have no idea what to think. I felt bad for both, to be honest. I don’t like pointing fingers, because each situation is a situation and I was never in one like this.

pineapplecookies

yep… I think about that as well. But he is just so not the possessive kind of guy…. we never know in a couple’s intimacy tough.

Kittehserf

That is sad. I guess it meant there wasn’t the level of trust or closeness there. Never going to be an easy way to find that out. 🙁

Viscaria
Viscaria

It seems to me that it might have been less of an abortion-related issue and more of a trust-related issue. Had she made some other big decision that was her own to make, but that you would typically discuss with a partner, it suspect it would have affected him the same way. Moving to a different city, for example, or dropping out of school, or any of a million things.

Viscaria
Viscaria

it suspect = I suspect. Anyway, my sympathies to your friend.

Kittehserf

That’s what I was thinking, Viscaria, but you put it better.

pineapplecookies

thank you 🙂 we are not as close now as we used to be since he moved to another city.

the only thing I can say about him which I believe is nice is that he never said anything mean about her, only good things and only the closest friends knew. I believe he was hurt, but did not demonize her or anything like that.

and I believe Viscaria is right. it seems a lot more a trust issue. I don’t think society is very “intimate” (for the lack of a better word) with the abortion thematic in a mature level yet.

pineapplecookies

it is so hard to talk about something like this in a language which is not your mother language 🙂

Kittehserf

I wouldn’t have known English wasn’t your first language, pineapplecookies! I didn’t know what you meant when you apologised for your English upthread.

@Kittehserf

I do consider myself quite fluent, but many times words escape me. Forums/comments are more agile than a text so there’s not so much time to think about the best way to form a cohesive sentence that can express what I want to say…. it’s good exercise, I tell you!

Kittehserf

I can’t even imagine being as fluent in another language as you are in English!

And if you ever think “Argh, I can’t find that word!*” console yourself with the way the native speakers of English in the MRM mangle it. I swear they hate the language almost as much as they hate women. :/

*something I do often. It’s called CRS – can’t remember shit.

Aaliyah

I do consider myself quite fluent, but many times words escape me.

As a native English speaker, I have that problem all the time. I worry a lot about the connotations of the words I’m using, and oftentimes I can’t even find the right words. It happens to everyone, even people to who are very used to English, so it’s definitely not indicative of any lack of fluency. Just my 2 cents.