a woman is always to blame all about the menz alpha males antifeminism beta males crackpottery creepy evo psych fairy tales gloating mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats oppressed men patriarchy self-congratulation straw feminists the spearhead victim blaming

MRAs at The Spearhead Blame Women, Feminism for Cleveland Abductions

ohio-house

So The Spearhead has weighed in on the Cleveland abduction cases, and has not failed to disappoint.

Spearhead head boy WF Price uses the terrible unfolding drama as an opportunity to attack the notion of patriarchy. His logic: the alleged abductors weren’t rich dudes, so therefore patriarchy is a lie. No, really, that’s his argument:

Feminists love to point to these incidents and use them to discredit the overwhelming majority of ordinary men, as though they have anything in common with the Castro brothers. They are used to portray every middle class guy as a potential menace to society and freak who would keep girls in a sex dungeon. But it turns out that, in fact, the fellows who kidnapped these girls are about what you’d expect: a few disheveled, low-class weirdos.

So why is it that despite the fact that the guys who commit these crimes are almost always on the bottom of the male power and privilege scale, feminists are constantly linking abuse of women to men’s power, and agitating for stripping what remaining male privilege exists?

It’s time for the patriarchy/male privilege narrative to be exposed for the sham it is. Privileged men are least likely to abuse women; patriarchal types are most likely to protect them. It is overwhelmingly the powerless, those without privilege and the undesirable who resort to crime to obtain sex. The few others, like Ted Bundy, are simply the exceptions that prove the rule.

Price ends his post with an especially nasty bit of victim blaming that seems to be a favorite trope of MRA types:

But perhaps the real issue here is that women aren’t as interested in making up stories about guys like the Castro brothers, because those guys don’t turn them on like Christian Bale in American Psycho.

Yes, that’s right: Price thinks that women worry about rape and abuse because the thought of being raped and abused by Christian Bale turns them on.

Of course, The Spearhead being The Spearhead, the comments are even worse. Norm starts the party off with this:

The Castro bros. will have many women getting their panties wet over them, especially when their trial is over.

Daniel, meanwhile, is angry that Ariel Castro’s alleged crimes have done real damage to … men. That is, if the whole thing isn’t a big false-flag fake:

The truth is, this was the worst that could happen for anti feminist public relations at the moment. If this guy – Mr Castro – only knew how much damage he has done to men by doing this.

The case is such a gift basket for feminism, that I almost suspect it is fabricated.

Groot blames feminists for driving non-alpha men to desperate measures to obtain access to “multiple women”:

What feminists fail to see is that as men are driven more and more by their agenda to the bottom of the power and privilege scale, more and more crimes like this will be committed. Unchecked hypergamy ensures that men like these have no real chance for healthy relationships and often take through criminal efforts what alphas and the elites have access to; that being multiple women.

MRA agrees:

Heroic singles moms created most of these men, we can say that is women exploiting women. The Betas and Omega that commits such crimes are the results of 40 years of feminism raising the number if these low privilege class men.

Keyster offers up this miniature manifesto blaming feminism:

Of course feminists have been playing a game of “self-fulfilling prophecy” with regard to disenfranchising men and destroying the concept of the nuclear family. This can only manifest and perpetuate itself through more instances of disaffected and socially pathological males acting out. The male/female relationship is what tames the male. And so there will be more cases where feminists can say – “See, men are the problem.” But of course there will also be more females acting out that will not be reported or discussed – such as the recent proliferation of female teachers sexually abusing students.

Jacob Ian Stalk — you may remember his 12-Step Program for Recovering Feminists — moves beyond blaming feminism and “single moms” to blame the literal victims themselves:

I have to ask, how did three adult women with at least one child between them fail completely to make their distress known, if it ever existed, to anyone in their own street for ten years, unless they themselves had no intention of being found?

There’s a great deal more this case that we are being told by the hysterical press. Call me a trafficking apologist if it satisfies your need for drama, but I suspect we’ll find the women are nowhere near as innocent or as victimised (if at all) as the cutesy-pie pictures being plastered all over the papers suggests.

Doc, meanwhile, uses the horrific story as an opportunity to brag about his alleged success with the ladies:

The fact is that men who are desirable to women have no need to resort to these types of crimes. I pretty much have my pick of women for my bed, who will pay their own way so that they can have sex with me on trips that I take, and otherwise do whatever necessary to be with me.

So thanks to feminism I have an unending supply of 18-25 year old women who are more than willing to share my bed. Why would I want to commit a crime to limit myself to one, or in this case 3? Seems way too limiting to me – it would be worse than being married. No thank you…

That’s nice, Doc. You’re a moral monster.

EDITED TO ADD: And here’s a late-breaking extra-creepy comment from Darryl X, edited slightly (and paragraphs breaks added) because he’s not only creepy but very verbose. Also, as you’ll see, he apparently thinks Jerry Sandusky was innocent too.

I have a sneaky suspicion that these women (when they were still girls) selected these men. The same way more than half of all women in the US during the past forty-five years selected men for marriage knowing darn well they were going to divorce him later, take him for everything he’s got and then marry up. Too many things don’t add up about this case. So many that I am even willing to question whether or not these girls were even kidnapped. More likely they are runaways who thought they were getting a better deal with these men than with their own parents. And when they got old enough to realize that they can do even better still, they stuck it to these guys (never underestimate the irrational boundlessness of hypergamy). … I don’t think these men are as guilty as the media portrays them and I don’t think the girls are as innocent as the media portrays them. …

When I try to think about how I would go about kidnapping just one teenager and hold her for a decade into her early 20′s in a suburban neighborhood, I am presented with so many logistical obstacles that it would seem near impossible to overcome all of them. Just for a few months let alone a decade. Then throw two more into the mix and that isn’t just near impossible but almost completely so. Not without their voluntary complicity. None of these guys looked to be of any excessive financial means. They weren’t rich. None of them looked like Einstein to me either. There was nothing accommodating about the geography. Their home wasn’t isolated from the community. It wasn’t off in the wilderness somewhere. It wasn’t remote. Think about how hard it would be to hold just one captive for a decade under these circumstances. Then think how hard it would be to hold three. The problems with that don’t grow linearly but exponentially. The cost. The risk of escape. Many other logistical problems.

I don’t buy any of this for a second. As soon as I heard this story, little red flags went up all over the place. Same with Casey Anthony and Arias and Strauss-Kahn and Sandusky (yes, I know). Too many red flags in this culture of feminism usually means something. I’m not sure what it means here but it definitely means something.

So, yeah. Actually, the other brothers aren’t being charged, so even that aspect of Darryl’s disgusting bullshit is off the mark.

Joeb, meanwhile, has a completely surreal and fucked-up Evo Psych take on the whole thing. It’s possibly the most perverse comment in the whole thread, which is saying something.

These men picked these women as sexual companionship , Not mating stock .
If they where looking for mating stock the number of off spring would have been Higher .
I think some men today get confused with Mating and breeding . VS sexual entertainment.
These men are predators but , They have Truly deprived themselves of the one thing men should be looking at , The quality of offspring .
I know its eugenics , but we all look for the best possible outcome when choosing . We want large Male children .
These men choose what I would consider ” good entertainment” but , Not worthy of my DNA .
We make suggestions ever so lightly around the MRA , the modern Male being smallish and effeminate, But when the Modern Male chooses his stock for procreation we chose fucking stock over breeding stock .
I would consider this an evolutionary sickness . A mental illness or defect . Witch is obvious in this case but,It gives us a chance to look at The problem ” for what it is , Inferior males seeking sex . Or like we hear a lot of in the MRA , Pussy hounds , Pussy beggars , These might have been white Knights if put in a social setting that lets them flourish .
Most Likely they would have been The same ,pussy beggars :with the ability to influence any social setting .

What the hell, dude. I don’t even know where to start with this crap.

LBT
LBT

Aw man, abstinence only education. I have a hate-on a mile long for it.

I didn’t get the tape, the water, OR the flower metaphor. The one I got was much more in-your-face: a paper heart, and every time a boy had sex with you, you had to tear off a piece and give it to him.

GUESS WHO’D JUST GOT RAPED? I couldn’t even be offended, because at the time, I believed every word of it. “Oh, that’s why I feel so dirty and torn up and awful. It’s because I am.”

Lots of rage.

Also, crella made a rape joke, so off with them.

howardbann1ster

@LBT: that sucks. Dealing with them at any time is terrible. Dealing with them on top of trauma and rape? Ugh, so much ugh.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

…Except for some reason this metaphor only relates to romantic (and sexual) relationships and nobody ever uses it to prove that you shouldn’t make a lot of friends or have a lot of children (especially not children).

When they want to get all science-y about this stuff, they will mention how a cis woman’s body releases oxycontin during intercourse, so she better watch out because she might not have enough oxycontin for when she meets her one true love. Except they ignore that breastfeeding a baby releases even more oxycontin than sex, so by that logic, a mother, or breastfeeding man or non binary, would not be able to bond as closely to their second, third, fourth children. Oops, that mom used up her oxycontin on her first child, so I guess she can’t love the next children.

howardbann1ster

SOUL TIES

that is all

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

@LBT, that is really awful. That’s another thing is that they don’t realize that all of their shaming tactics also target victims of rape and incest by being very literal about the “damaged goods” trope. I can’t imagine how much that would hurt rape survivors.

pecunium

longshangui: Nowhere did I say that they represented all women, no indeedy….

Yes you did:

They aren’t an anomaly, dude. That’s my point.*

Yes they are. Even if we assume that for every woman who sends a missive to a dude in prison for a heinous crime there are 10 more who want to but don’t, it’s still less than .001 of the population.

Sort of like the MRM.

*is it a short term memory problem, or an infacility with language?

AK
AK

Yeah, even if they say that rape is different, that’s not the message that comes across when you teach kids that you’re a used piece of chewing gum (or whatever) once you’ve had sex. I mean, once gum is chewed it’s chewed, doesn’t matter if the gum participated willingly or not. You can’t just be like, “Oh but it totally doesn’t count for rape victims!” and have anyone believe it.

It’s especially infuriating because a lot of teenagers are coerced into sex, but wouldn’t identify it as such and wouldn’t call it rape (and it may not be rape in a legal sense). I’m thinking of the high school boyfriend who says he’ll break up with her if she doesn’t have sex with him, or the kid who feels like she’s the last virgin in school and so has sex before she’s ready, or the “but if you really loved me, you’d do it” stuff. All of those happened to young women I have known, and I know I definitely felt pressure to have sex before I was ready to. So those girls are pressured into sex they may not really even want, and then are blamed for it and told they’re worthless because of it. Truly, abstinence education is a wonderful thing.

And it isn’t just abstinence-only education or religious education where this is taught. I got pretty decent (relatively speaking) sex ed in school and I still got the chewing gum talk during the part about abstinence. Fortunately I have great parents and my mom was all kinds of pissed when I told her about it. She even called the school to complain.

Dvärghundspossen

Bringing in oxytocin in the equation doesn’t help, since your body continuously produces these substances. It’s not like a person who’s lived in horrible solitude and deprivation and therefore hasn’t “used up” much oxytocin at all during zir lifetime therefore will be the best and most loving partner when zir terrible solitude and deprivation finally ends. On the contrary, that person would probably have lots of issues to work through first.

It’s like thinking a person who never exercises will be the strongest, since zie hasn’t “used up” zir strength at the gym or in the jogging track.

And, well, I’m personally proof that this theory is absolutely bullshit since I used to slut around a lot, and then I met my perfect match, and am now super-ridiculously-happily married since almost twelve years. But maybe my paper heart was just super-enormous to begin with… 😛

pecunium

crella: And, you all will take one post (usually extreme) by one MRA and claim that all MRAs think that way.

Have you looked at how many posts have been covered on this blog? Did you think this was the first?

That seems to indicate a comprehensive failure of reading comprehension (or a staggering willfull blindness).

But, if this is an outlying position of the MRM, perhaps you could point us to the more reasonable members?

LBT
LBT

RE: howardbann1ster, thebionicmommy, and AK

Yeah, it was pretty awful at the time. Fortunately, a few years later I lucked into sex-positive feminism and quickly figured out which school of thought I preferred. I now consider those days to be thankfully behind me.

Dvärghundspossen

If you do (for some stupid reason) wanna teach kids that they’re DEFILED by voluntary sex but not by rape, the only possible way I could think of to get that message to come across would be to stress in a saint Augustine way that virginity is a state of the SOUL, not of the body. Virginity means not having given in to sexual temptation, and that’s obviously something mental, not something physical. (Now, I’m obviously not advocating this, because I’m sex-positive, not a moron, plus everyone who have experienced what some people like to call “not RAPE-rape” may still blame themselves and feel guilty and defiled after hearing such a message.) BUT the sex-haters would never go this route, since that would rob them of all their lovely metaphors, which are clearly all about the body. And also rob them of the image of virginity as having a sealed-up vagina (although everyone points out that there will be some little hole where the blood can come out and a tampon can go in, but otherwise it’s SEALED UP as long as you haven’t done the dirty deed, and if you BREAK the seal it can never be RESTORED again).

AK
AK

I’m going to dredge up some half-remembered brain stuff from back when I was dealing with serious depression and on antidepressants and all that fun stuff, but isn’t it actually the opposite of what they claim? Like, the more your brain produces oxytocin and similar “happy” chemicals, the easier it becomes for it to do so? So pretty much exactly what your exercise metaphor is saying. I just remember talking to doctors about it and them saying that your brain pretty much gets in spirals–the less happy chemicals it produces, the less it is able to; and the more it does, the easier it becomes.

@LBT, glad to hear you were able to get past those harmful messages. 🙂

princessbonbon

At some point you’re just going to have to admit to yourself that the whole “man boobz just quotes the outliers” claim is bullshit.

But but but… a guy says an average of lots of words a day (15K or so) so since they only write a few hundred to thousands of words a day just means that you are only quoting them selectively.

Cuz reason. And Logic, And MISANDRY. Also scented fucking candles.*

*I do not believe this and am being satirical.

Dvärghundspossen

@AK, yeah I think so too. I do think I’ve read somewhere that you can “use up” dopamin by going on certain drugs – like, there are drugs that make your brain squirt out dopamin and perhaps other neurotransmitters too faster than it’s possible to produce the stuff, and then you might get depression and stuff as a result, and it may take some time before your brain gets back to normal. I don’t know if this is accurate or not, I don’t even remember where I read it… Anyway, it doesn’t seem completely implausible that it would be possible to “use up” brain chemicals just as you CAN “use up” strength and wear down your body by exercising like crazy, but you’d certainly need to do more than have sex now and then to do it. Plus people in LTR:s usually have way more sex than Slutty McSlut who’s single anyway.

Briznecko
Briznecko

The moderate MRAs are 11km to the east.

pecunium

The moderate MRAs are 11km to the east.

Snort!

Karalora
Karalora

…which is an incredibly fucked-up message all on its own. Think about it: “Girls, if you seek out pleasure of your own free will, then you are DAMAGED and UNLOVABLE. On the other hand, if someone attacks you and subjects you to an ordeal of pain, terror, and humiliation…everything’s peachy!”

freemage
freemage

Briznecko: Perfection!

Bob Dole
Bob Dole

Crella, while you may have a point with regards to some MRA comments being simple idiot blurtouts, as everyone else has pointed out, there’s also enough idiocy at the more strident, determined ideological level (Elam and Price, for example) to demonstrate that Futrelle isn’t merely cherry-picking.

Also, I’ll add to Futrelle’s request that you call out the idiot MRA’s: go tell Price he’s a gibbering populist [] who’s slight economic knowledge fizzles out whenever there’s the chance to argue that women are stealing jobs that should go to men in their patriarchal benevolence (don’t believe me, here: http://www.the-spearhead.com/2013/03/30/most-gender-equal-place-in-america-pine-ridge-indian-reservation/#comment-182698), and that whenever he tries to argue that MRA’s only want equal custody and the like (more source, first paragraph: http://www.the-spearhead.com/2012/09/07/no-fault-divorce-is-violence-against-men/), he is absolutely full of crap and, implicitly or explicitly, believes that women should be subjugated and this would make them happy because hypergamy (more source towards the end, with feeling: http://www.the-spearhead.com/2011/01/31/college-women-stressed-out-overwhelmed/). Tell him that the other idiot commenters are at least upfront with their bile, and terrible as they are, they are at least scum with honor compared to him.

And when another commenter suggested tit-for-tat for David calling Price out on his site (http://www.the-spearhead.com/2013/05/08/manboobz-chronicles-i-so-ronery-by-andrew-johnston/#comment-186463), tell him I welcome that. I can put aside the cat video’s that anger your kind long enough to call him out for the piece of shit he is. And to drive home the fuck-you, here’s an oldie, but a goodie, cat video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdJqzVQEgIQ

bagelsan
bagelsan

Silver lining!

Tom Dane
Tom Dane

Lol this author is so beta it hurts, wonder what made him hate his own gender and even females hate him as well no pussy for you boi lol

Briznecko
Briznecko

*blushes* Thanks freemage and pecunium!

Argenti Aertheri

Dvärghundspossen — idk if it’s what you’re talking about, but in simple terms MDMA floods your brain with neurotransmitters and sometimes causes a couple “depressed” days afterwards. But it isn’t all that big of a deal, I’ve never known anyone it really bothered, but I’ve never known anyone who used it regularly (and I think raver kids are wasting potentially the most amazing drug in existence, it’s like a glimpse of nirvana, in pill form)

Bob Dole
Bob Dole

Hey, Price is back on this: http://www.the-spearhead.com/2013/05/09/surprisingly-humorless-onion-piece-proves-me-right/

“Empowering men in their families will not lead to more crimes against women and girls, but fewer. Fathers are protective of their children – both male and female – and husbands protective of wives. Married women are healthier and live significantly longer than singles[.]”

You know, for someone who’s really driving the idea that feminists are promoting their agenda with this, you downright seem to be using this to bolster male supremacy.

emilygoddess

I may be projecting from my own experience, but I suspect this is where a lot of women’s rape/ravishment fantasies spring from.

Briznecko
Briznecko

Uh, don’t married women drink more than single women? (not that drinking is a problem perse)

titianblue
titianblue

Married women are healthier and live significantly longer than singles

Fuck no! Single women live longer than married women, and single men live shorter than married men.

Bob Dole
Bob Dole

Titanblue, that was one of the things I was thinking. Ultimately a small point, mind (concerning what Price said, the phenomenon itself is pretty significant), but it’s garnish on the “give men power so we can protect you” thing.

Also, is Crella still here? I directed a comment her way, but it’s going through moderation because it has several links.

Kittehserf

“With the flower one, the teacher pulls petals off a flower to represent a girl “giving some of herself away”. When the flower has no petals, zie asks, “Now who would want this flower?”.”

That took me straight to the Black Knight.

BLACK KNIGHT: ‘Tis but a scratch.

ARTHUR: A scratch? Your arm’s off!

BLACK KNIGHT: No, it isn’t.

ARTHUR: Well, what’s that then?

BLACK KNIGHT: I’ve had worse.

crella
crella

Well I or got up this morning to find 78 new replies. I’m in Japan, a 13-hour difference from the East Coast of the US. I’ve gone through them as best I can. I thought I would address a few points.

Nowhere am I blaming the victims,

The Aurora shooter
The surviving Boston Marathon bomber, (including an article by a female reporter in a major newspaper on how bad she feels for him)
Scott Peterson
a prisoner who slept with numerous guards (how about doing your job girls? Geez….) and got four of them pregnant

and now, I see the replies about ‘victim blaming’. I mentioned nothing about the victims.
Another comment talked about banning me for ‘showing up here and talking about women who loves thugs, on this topic, disgusting!’ However it was one of YOU who brought up the Spearhead comment, which I addressed.

Eventually it lead to comments like-

‘Thug is MRA speak for the n-word’ and
‘I think they mean scary black people’

Absolutely not.There are black men among the regular contributors to the Spearhead. I will also point out that the majority of the criminals I posted as examples of women chasing inmates were white. I have no idea of the race of the prisoner who impregnated four guards and I couldn’t care less. The focus of my comments were rebutting blog readers here who forcefully denied that women chase thugs. I think it is very revealing of the biases of those who post here, to see that you assume that all MRAs are white, and that MRAs don’t like blacks, and on top of that, that when someone says ‘thug’ they mean ‘black’, is that projection?

Kittehserf

Crella, you’re being obtuse at best and lying at worst. The MRM shows its racism all the time, and it’s bog-standard practice for them to talk as if all women are identical.

Also trying to turn the racism card on regulars here? Yeah, right.

Kittehserf

BTW that’s already been answered: you complain that we’re saying all MRAs are extreme and saying it’s one bloke – bullshit. This entire blog is full of misogynist extremism from a host of scumbags. It’s sort of the baseline of being an MRA. They’re quick enough (and so are idiots who support them) to scream that “not all MRAs are like that!” and yet happy to take the very few, the tiny percentage, of women – not a self-selected group like the MRM but half the population – and claim those few are representative of millions.

Does it feel good being an apologist for male surpremacists? If you are a woman, do you really think you’d be treated any better by them if they had the control they want over our lives? Don’t bet on it. Special snowflake status is fragile.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

You are half right, crella. Men also lionize famous criminals, and if you read the MRA you will see that they do more than most. The only difference is, of course, the MRA do not sexualize their admiration of perps.

Bob Dole
Bob Dole

Crella, I don’t think you are actually saying anything particularly objectionable; there are, in fact, idiot women who are drawn to dangerous, idiot men. It’s the implication on the part of MRA’s that this is standard, however, that we’re objecting to, and if David found this many cherries to pick, then there’s probably a tree around. Not to mention that such an espoused-up subject by MRA’s has little to do with any genuine equalization of family law and whatnot.

I will reiterate: if you believe MRA’s to be moderate, go challenge the morons you believe to not represent the cause. And this should include ol’ Pricey, that scumbag whose FSTDT entries should speak for themselves (have a taste: http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=89588).

emilygoddess

@bob dole

if David found this many cherries to pick, then there’s probably a tree around.

Ooh, I like this.

@tom dane – which author are you referring to? And more importantly, why do you think that’s relevant to a discussion about rape and its cheerleaders?

AK
AK

re: drugs messing with brain chemistry, I believe a lot of drugs mess with your brain’s ability to produce dopamine and (maybe?) serotonin after long-term use. I know alcohol does. When you abuse alcohol, it suppresses your dopamine production and the alcohol kind of replaces it in regulating your mood. That’s part of why it’s so hard for alcoholics to quit. It takes some time for their brains to go back to normal dopamine production. I think that meth affects your brain’s ability to produce serotonin but I’m not 100% sure…just remembering stuff from back when I went to al-anon which was years ago.

Kittehserf

Tom Dane’s back? I thought that moron got banned.

pecunium

crella: I addressed a comment posted by someone here very early in the thread, scoffing at a Spearhead comment that soon women will be chasing these perps (‘get their panties wet over these guys’). A lot of ‘That’s not truuuuuue!’ ‘Disgusting’ etc followed, making me wonder if any of you ever read a newspaper online or otherwise. I pointed out that it was an actual occurrence and gave examples-

And I pointed out that it’s not a “normative” reaction. That even if the women who respond only 1/10th of the women who are attracted, they are still less than .001 percent of the population.

So it’s a red herring on your part.

That you ignore that makes me think you have an agenda, e.g. you are a misogynist asshole.

But, I’ll bite, what special pleading do you have to explain why the men in the MRM who praise Thomas Ball, George Sodini, Anders Brievik, Marc Lepine, etc.

Why are they, “not normative” of the MRM (a much smaller group than the populace at large; from which the women you are using to stereotype the reactions of women in general)?

I await your considered response (you will, I trust, understand that I am not going to hold my breath in the interim).

crella
crella
Reply to  pecunium

Thomas Ball was the guy so upset at his court case that he lit himself on fire and burnt alive on the courthouse steps in Maine, isn’t he? I mainly feel sorry for anyone pushed that far.

” Ball was having difficulty finding work to pay his court mandated child support payments, and at the time of his death he was facing jail for owing about $3000 [1]. The finding of contempt filed on June 6 2011 in Cheshire Country Superior Court ordered Mr. Ball to jail….Thomas James Ball’s self-immolation took place near the main rear entrance of the Cheshire County Superior Court House, sandwiched between the Ashuelot River and Robin Hood Park. Just before 5:30 on the evening of June 15, 2011, he doused himself with gasoline and set himself ablaze, in a calm and confident manner. Witness Sean Desio described Ball’s demeanour as “like he was just chilling there, doing yoga or something.” [4] After the fire was burning, Ball refused help from several nearby men. [5]

Ball made no sound while he was burning. Witness Dan Koski describes “I saw a man standing on fire. He walked around a little bit, walked on to the grass, collapsed on all fours and literally sat there and burned.” After Ball collapsed, witness Jerry Goodrich describes the intense flames as being “over his head, and when he was on the ground, they were probably a good foot over his body.” [6] Thomas James Ball expired a few minutes after setting himself ablaze.”

What’s your beef with him?

Praising George Sandini? Marc Lepine? If someone here, a regular, posted something crazy, does that mean all of you bear responsibility for those comments, and you all share that opinion?

To other matters-

To the poster who accused me of lying-nope, many MRAs are black. Sorry you find that so unbelievable.

To the poster who claimed the side discussion of women and thugs was a ‘red herring’, I will state once more that that was in reply to a comment here. I did not wade in an post about it out of the blue.

To Mr. Futrelle….there was one post in my mailbox telling me to, “Like Dave says,go challenge Bill Price’. I did not find a message or post with you telling me to go challenge Mr. Price. However, if you wish to challenge Bill Price, do it yourself. Why do I have to do your bidding for you? You quote mine from the Mancoat Forum and the Spearhead but have posted only a couple of times on the Spearhead, and to my knowledge, never on the Mancoat Forums. Why can’t you stand up and speak directly to those you hate so much?

emilygoddess

Posting on the same message board as someone = praising them. Got it.

I ask again: who cares? Why is this so fucking important to you?

Ugh
Ugh

What’s your beef with him?

He was a child abuser who lost his children because he abused them. Instead of doing something like, you know, actually caring for his children and paying child support, he chose to kill himself. Then he left a manifesto calling for the murder by fire of government employees.

What part of his story do you NOT have a beef with?

Ugh
Ugh

And MRAs do praise Marc Lepine, a lot.

Kittehserf

So crella thinks the child-abusing Ball is a poor poor man who was pushed too far.

Nice.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

crella your selective reading and thinking skills are excellent.

emilygoddess

Oh, and Thomas Ball was in New Hampshire. Please don’t associate that creepy fucker with my home state.

I love how you respond to a criticism of Ball’s manifesto, which calls for and gives instructions for acts of intimidation and violence, by talking about his suicide and asking what’s wrong with that. I can’t tell if you’re deliberately trying to mislead, or just too fucking dumb to stay on topic.

Ugh
Ugh

Also, this right here is a flat lie:

Ball was having difficulty finding work to pay his court mandated child support payments and at the time of his death he was facing jail for owing about $3000

Guess what? You only get held in contempt of court if you have been proven to be deliberately refusing to gain income to make your child support payments. Source: http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/child/child2b.htm

“Not wanting to get off your ass to take care of your kids” is not the same thing as “having difficulty finding work.”

emilygoddess

PS, treating Ball’s extremely public and horrific suicide as if it only affected him is also pretty obtuse. I get that a person who’s driven to suicide is probably not thinking rationally, but Ball, like ledge jumpers and people who jump in front of trains, forced other people to watch him die, which is not OK. People are literally traumatized by that shit.

Ugh
Ugh

Such a big mean government, trying to get an abusive asshole to actually contribute in any positive way to his kids’ wellbeing.

Ugh
Ugh

People are literally traumatized by that shit.

For a guy who supposedly loved his kids SO MUCH, he sure didn’t give two shits about giving them a fuckload of issues to work through in twenty years.