a voice for men antifeminism evil women harassment hate hundreds of upvotes imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression ladies against women MGTOW misogyny MRA only men pay taxes apparently oppressed men patronizing as heck paul elam playing the victim rape rape culture reddit straw feminists

Antifeminist crusader Erin Pizzey bravely tells Redditors that “never in the history of the world have men been so unprivileged, if you think about it.”

How Erin Pizzey imagines most middle-class whtie women live, apparently
How Erin Pizzey imagines most feminists live, apparently

Longtime antifeminist crusader Erin Pizzey recently did an “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit. Here are some highlights — by which I mean lowlights — from her answers.

Ms. Pizzey wants to ban feminism as a hate movement:

Personally, I would like to see the feminist movement described as a hate movement, so that we can then ban them from the government, from university faculties, from anywhere where they can destroy the minds of young women and men.

It’s just a teensy bit ironic, I would say, that she characterizes feminism as a hate movement at the very same time that A Voice for Men, a site she has very publicly aligned herself with, is leading a hate campaign against an individual feminist activist. (More on this to come tomorrow.) Indeed, Pizzey herself adds to the vilification of the activist here.

And speaking of A Voice for Men, she apparently agrees with AVFM’s Paul Elam that feminists are only interested in the issue of rape because they have rape fantasies and are angry that they’re not getting enough attention from men:

If you’re referring to Paul’s statement that many or most women fantasize about being taken, I’m sorry but that’s the truth. That doesn’t mean they want to be raped, but it’s a fantasy I think almost all women have. And I think he went on to say that feminists like Andrea Dworkin who were and are so obsessed with rape are really projecting their own unconscious sexual frustration because men don’t give them enough attention. Andrea was a very sad lonely woman like this–I didn’t know her but I knew of her, and I knew Susan Browmiller and you can just read her stuff to see it there.

Yeah, I’m thinking that Dworkin’s “obsession” with rape might have had less to do with her wanting “attention” from men than it did with the fact that she had been raped.

In response to a question about using Title IX to increase the number of women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), Pizzey argues that most women’s brains aren’t equipped to handle all that sciencey stuff, and that most women would rather be raising children:

what will happen is that a few women will come out of that world in those areas that suit men’s brains better than women’s, and do well, but most of them won’t, and they’ll just leave and go on to other professions or to have children or family. That’s what’s been happening all the time when they’ve had quotas.

But what about the men who get excluded because of that? That’s the tragedy isn’t it, and the waste of money. Harriet Harman has proposed quotas for women in parliament, quotas for women in all the high-status fields, and women have flocked in but do not want the gruelling hours that men are willing to put into their professions because most of them–MOST of them–want to be spending time with their children at home, and that God for that.

Pizzey believes that most feminists are “mental patents” who deserve only condescension:

Personally, I don’t get into arguments with mental patients, which is what most feminist women are. Look at them with pity and compassion if you can, speak the truth as you know it.

But if you want a real reaction, pat her on the head and tell her not to worry her pretty little head about it. That’s what I do! I think men have to start using their sense of humor as a weapon. You must get past any sense of anger when you do such things though!

She believes most prominent second-wave feminists were feminists mainly because they hated their dads:

One of the early mantras of the feminist movement was to make the personal political. Therefore, those women who had bitter and violent experiences of the first male their lives (e.g. their father) then branded all men as violent and dangerous. They are also what I call the walking wounded. As far as I’m concerned the prominent feminists of the day virtually all had appalling relationships with their fathers. So if feminism grew out of a justified sense of grievance, and created a platform where they did not attempt to heal their own damage, but to project onto all men… so yes it’s very cultlike that way. But it’s any cult group that works that way, they all have either a figure they adore or a hate object that keeps them together. And their hate is against men, even when they deny it.

Yes, that’s right, she says all this and somehow does not notice the hatred of women amongst the MRAs she’s aligned herself with.

While she dismisses feminists with “daddy issues” she urges those who have been abused by their parents to forget the abuse they’ve endured, forgive their abusers and “move on.”

[T]each yourself that the past is truly the past, it is done and you cannot change it, all it is is a loop in your brain that needs to be closed down so that you can move forward. Because those patterns are deep within you, it takes a lot of hard work, but in the end you FORGIVE YOURSELF and you FORGIVE YOUR PARENTS and move on.

Meanwhile, she thinks that it makes sense for men who don’t like feminism to “head for the hills” and Go Their Own Way.

It was many years ago I was talking to a very eligible bachelor, who was a lawyer, and asked him about American feminists. He laughed and he said “what they never banked on was that men would get together and take to the hills.” This is where that expression comes from. He and his male friends would get together and have a wonderful time, they did not make permanent relationships with women, because they realized they would have too much to lose: their homes, their children, and their money. I always remember this. When 40 year old feminists complain that they can’t find any men to commit themselves, why is it men’s fault? I can’t blame men who feel this way in today’s legal environment. If the so-called women’s movement, the feminists, want men, they have to care equally about men’s desires and men’s need for protection.

This sort of makes sense, given that Pizzey seems to live in an imaginary world in which women, not men, are the truly privileged.

The actual irony of this situation is there is nothing more privileged than white middle class women, who are most of feminists. Very very privileged, because they know when they are born that either the state or a man will take care of them if they do not choose their own career. Men on the other hand are born underprivileged, particularly now, even as small boys they are demonized and discriminated against. …

I cannot see how sane sensible educated intelligent woman can consider that men are privileged. It has always been rich and middle class women who have been protected, and they are the truly privileged.

Indeed, she’s managed to convince herself that “never in the history of the world have men been so unprivileged, if you think about it.”

Naturally, all of her comments were happily upvoted by the Reddit masses, and her “Ask Me Anything” post itself got more than 1200 upvotes. Evidently pandering to Reddit’s collective fantasies about the oppression of men pays off big in the upvote department.

cloudiah

Also, do they spend much time these days over at AVfM talking about their underwear and swapping recipes? Because I haven’t been there recently, but that’s not how I remember it.

Umfweto

@Fade I tried answering everything I could pick up on that seemed to be directed me in what has been a busy place. Sorry if you felt ignored.

If you want to have a serious adult conversation with some who is generally interest in finding and honest way of approaching life them I am here bterence7@gmail.com

Na, I don’t care what people conclude about me here. I don’t conclude that this is a bad place but I get tired of trying to be honest and rational in my need for answers when that approach just means being shouted down because of my imperfections.

Nothing about this place scares me or even offends me. But it seems that it’s just as rigid as every other place I have tried to find answers by engaging in people.

I only have one ideology I live by; the greatest knowledge is the knowledge that you don’t really know anything.

It’s the blatant, let’s trash another human being who is trying to find answers approach that makes this place hostile. It seemed cool at first but then it turned out to be just like everything else.

Nobody here has won if I am walking away with the conclusion I feel is justified.

Haters got to hate I guess

CassandraSays

Does “how to control your woman via threats and mind games” count as a recipe?

Bagelsan

Sure it’s a recipe. It’s got steps, and like anything an MRA tries it usually ends in tragedy.

Fade

Serious… adult… conversation?

*is neither serious nor an adult*

😛

Anyway, I’m going to have to pass on your offer. I just amn’t the biggest fan of email conversations, and manboobz is a safe space for me and I like it here. XD

CassandraSays

“Dear Sir – your recipe was a dismal failure. Why was the possibility of my wife deciding to leave me because she didn’t like being manipulated not mentioned in the instructions? I would like a refund, by which I mean that you should go find my wife and return her to me immediately.”

Bagelsan

“Oh, you’re supposed to lightly season with the word ‘bitch’? Damn, I didn’t see this until my verbal abuse was already in the oven!”

*sadly takes out a very burnt rant consisting of nothing but the word bitch*

cloudiah

Remind me never to go to a potluck with AVfMers.

hellkell

Need for answers? Umfweto/Jaro, this is not the place for you to JAQ off.

@CassandraSays

“I have decided to walk away with my prejudices confirmed! You bitches made me do this.”

And you guys talk about “Straw” feminists…

My existence has absolutely no relation to yours whatsoever. What I choose to do is purely out of my own convictions.

A picture of a cat with some text attached to it is going to have very little effect on the sum total of my life.

That’s one hell of an ego statement you made.

A la “Woo hoo I am a “bitch” and that makes me importnat to some dude who has never even met me”.

If your entire understanding of men is based on internet MRA’s so are one sad lady.

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

Huh, a gmail account.

No, no, no Fibi, no, we don’t goatsee people any more. It’s bad form. We’re better people now, a nicer person.

“I followed the instructions included in the package, but the blowjobs have yet to materialize. All I have gotten so far is stares, slaps and shouting – I find this to be less than palpable, although that could just be because my palette does appreciate it. I have heard good things about the combination of the three S’s before, along with… an M? Something?

Nevertheless, I feel I must ask for clarification on how to the “Make My Woman A Blowjob Machine” recipe – do I liberally lather my manly bits in chocolate before or after intercourse?”

hellkell

Aw, now he’s calling us sad for not coddling him. SO typical.

@hellkell

“When the questions boil down to “why shouldn’t I hate women,” I am not interested in answering.”

Very well armed for those who are your enemies. So badly prepared for those who are not.

katz, I would like your fish and chips recipe.

It’s not really a recipe beyond “make batter with beer, dip fish into it, and fry it” 🙂

And I only just noticed that hellkell mentioned fish and chips earlier. It’s in the air!

cloudiah

Misandrist Chicken (actual recipe, with silly title)

3-3 1/2 pounds chicken (I use skinless, boneless thighs)
3-5 large onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 t salt
2 t prepared chili powder (sometimes I use sumac instead)
1 T paprika (hot or regular)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C lemon juice

Rinse and dry chicken. Mix dry spices in a small bowl and rub about 2/3 of the mixture onto the chicken pieces. Mix the remaining seasonings with the olive oil and vinegar. Toss sliced onions in the oil/juice/spices mixture.

Put chicken in tidy rows on bottom of large baking dish and put onions and juice on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for about 2 hours, until chicken is very tender. Baste frequently and nervously. Refuse to share with men.

Shadow
Shadow

@katz

If you ever find yourself in North Carolina, you should try out the mac n cheese from Dame’s Chicken and Waffles. I let out some decidedly R-rated noises in that family restaurant. Their chicken and waffles and spicy collards are amazing as well.

hellkell

OK, Katz, it’s official: fish and chips tomorrow. Hopefully it won’t be so damn humid so we can sit outside.

What do you use for batter?

@hellkell

“Aw, now he’s calling us sad for not coddling him. SO typical.”

Yes yes yes, that’s it, please love me internet based text. Please love me. My Mommy doesn’t love me. She ran away with the post man.

Fade

@Cloudiah

I am going to have to try that chicken, just so I can say I’m eating misandrist chicken.

Or is everything misandrist when eaten by a woman?

Shadow
Shadow

@cloudiah

I’m going to reclaim that chicken! When you say chili powder, do you mean South Asian chili powder?

Umfweto

Why do western people think that knowing how to cook junk food is somehow the path to haute cuisin brilliance?

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

Because the alternative is cooking Fugu and dying.

cloudiah

Man-Hating Corn Salad with Red Bell & Red Onion

4 ears of fresh corn
1 medium red bell pepper finely chopped
1/2 C minced red onion
4 Tbsps olive oil (divided)
1 1/2 Tbps red wine vinegar
8 large basil leaves cut into thin strips (more to taste)
salt
pepper
1 cup of bitter, salty man-tears (optional)

Cut the kernels from the ears and saute briefly in 2 Tbsps olive oil. (Saute until just cooked — time will vary depending on age and variety of corn.)
Put on pointy-toed shoes; kick nearest man in the shins.
Transfer corn to serving bowl.
Scream “you’re a rapist” at a random man passing on the sidewalk.
Add red bell pepper, onion, 2 Tbsps olive oil, vinegar, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Tell a man you love him, and then tell him you’re lying. Laugh cruelly.
Toss salad until well mixed.
Salad tastes better if you’ve recently falsely accused a man of something. Anything.
Actually, salad tastes better if it is served slightly warm or at room temperature and if it is allowed to sit for about 30 minutes before serving. Toss once more before serving.

CassandraSays

Fixated on hellkell and I, too. Hmm…

Unwelcoming Pasta
(serves non-trolls only)

Make bolognese sauce
Use lots of wine, which means there’s none left for the new guest to drink
Cook the fancy, expensive pasta
Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan
Refuse to share with boring troll

cloudiah

@Shadow, I’ve only ever made it with US/southwestern style chili powder, but you know, it’s pretty forgiving of substitutions. Mainly the lemon and onions keep it very moist, and it’s just a vehicle for any spices you want to play with.

The nervous basting is a must, though.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I count three JAQs and two flounces so far.

CassandraSays

Eat with chopsticks because all your forks are in the dishwasher.

(This part isn’t a joke)

Put some aside for when your partner gets home, because manginas are not Unwelcome.

@Fibinachi Wa?

I grew up in Africa. We had feminist pie with a patriarchy lemon infused gravy..

Bwa ha ha…

No seriously.. good seafood where I grew up. Mostly a Mediterranean type diet.

I lived a lady from Calif for a short period. She kept cooking mexican and I had to pretend I liked it. Why eat Mexican when Spain is only a 3 hour flight away right. Those back alley tapas bars in Barcelona are heaven with a glass of Riocha.

Do people in America know where Spain is? Fist time I went to America in this bar in New York and this woman came up to me and said “I have been all over the world”. I was like, well I was born in South Africa, move to France when I was three, England from ages 6-12, then four years in private school back in South Africa. Four years of University in France, a year surfing Australia and Asia. I now live in London and travel between South Africa, France and Australia. And she was like, oh, I meant all over the US when I said the world.

Hands up, who has been outside there home country for more than a year?

Fade

Bwa ha ha…

Was this a joke… I don’t get it?

Why eat Mexican when Spain is only a 3 hour flight away right.

From… California? Also, I’m like 99 percent sure Spanish food and Mexican food, while may have some similarities, are not the same thing.

Also, why does it matter who’s been outside their home country?

Guess what, my husband is going to North Carolina next week! I will send him on a food field trip for me.

CassandraSays

Mac n cheese is one of the things I don’t cook well, or at all really. Which is why I’m happy to pay someone else to do it for me. Which is why I was so sad when Home closed.

(That’s not a type, there was a restaurant in San Francisco called Home that did great mac and cheese.)

CassandraSays

Typo…the stupid, it’s infectious.

cloudiah

Proving once again that Fade is smart.

Fade

I get to be smart!!!! *squees* Or at least, smart enough to know that spain and mexico are different countries with different histories which would probably influence their food.

CassandraSays

Also, loving one doesn’t mean hating the other! Both are great in their own ways.

I have this theory that the difference between true foodies and obnoxious snobs is that people who really honestly appreciate food can appreciate simple things just as well as complex, expensive ones. If you think that food has to cost a great deal of money or require hours of preparation–or a plane trip–to be delicious, then odds are you care more about the status and appearance you’re gaining from the meal than you do about the actual food!

hellkell

You would think such a world traveler would know what “Rioja” is. Can’t have everything.

@Fade

Yeah, it was just a joke. Although I would like to try some misandrist chicken. The name is funny but the ingredients super yum yum!

“Also, why does it matter who’s been outside their home country?”

Knowing the world outside of your own your own country would mean understanding why in African tradition it’s extremely rude if a man doesn’t step in front of a woman, open the door, and let himself in first.

If you haven’t travelled you won’t understand what there is to gain from doing so. Get on a jet plane. The world is fucking diverse at grass roots level.

Also, there’s only place they make Spanish food. It’s called Spain. Food isn’t just the recipe, it’s the produce too.

hellkell

As if we couldn’t get the produce here. What a maroon.

What do you use for batter?

Um…brown beer, enough flour to make it the texture you want, an egg if you want it to stay together better, a dash of baking powder if you want it to be puffy? Seriously, this is how I cook.

And I’ll totally get some fish so we can have fish and chip solidarity. And maybe the babies will get some skin!

@ katz

Agreed. Don’t be dissing tacos or this particular foodie will smack you. A lot of pseudo-foodies seem to follow the Pratchett theory about wisdom, where things automatically look more awesome if they’re from somewhere far away.

Fade

Dude “African”? Aren’t there like 54 countries and hundreds of ethnic groups and languages in Africa? I seriously doubt they all have the same traditions.

I didn’t say that travelling isn’t good, in fact it’s something I hope to do myself if I have the health, money, and time. I just mean why does it matter in the context of this conversation?

CassandraSays

It is indeed common among world travelers to believe that “Africa” is a country and all the parts thereof share the same cultural traditions.

@hellkell

“For someone who doesn’t care what we think of him, he’s busting ass telling us all about himself. Dude, won’t work, and stop appropriating other poster’s lives for your lies.”

I don’t care what you think of me. I love myself way to much to worry about that.

I enjoy thinking about life in contrast to your average North American. The ego kick is huge let me tell you. Proper man ego stuff. Can’t help it.

Shadow
Shadow

@cloudiah

Since I’ve never basted before, I promise it’ll be nervous basting 😀

@katz

All my jealousy is yours!! What part of NC is he going to? I was in Greensboro for christmas and had a multiethnic foodgasm. The one real deficiency in Toronto is a good source of soul food

@Fade

I think he means 3 hours from England

@U,fweto

Hands up, who has been outside there home country for more than a year?

A bunch of us actually, and we all managed to do it without getting a superiority complex

@ katz

That’s how I cook too. It’s one of the reasons I don’t like baking – don’t like measuring things, and with baking it’s not such a great idea to just eyeball it or go by smell/texture/instinct.

Fade

@Fade

I think he means 3 hours from England

Okay, at least that makes sense now.

Shadow
Shadow

Whereas everywhere else, men are taught to compete for the right to slam doors in women’s faces

1 6 7 8 9 10 12