a voice for men antifeminism evil women harassment hate hundreds of upvotes imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression ladies against women MGTOW misogyny MRA only men pay taxes apparently oppressed men patronizing as heck paul elam playing the victim rape rape culture reddit straw feminists

Antifeminist crusader Erin Pizzey bravely tells Redditors that “never in the history of the world have men been so unprivileged, if you think about it.”

How Erin Pizzey imagines most middle-class whtie women live, apparently
How Erin Pizzey imagines most feminists live, apparently

Longtime antifeminist crusader Erin Pizzey recently did an “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit. Here are some highlights — by which I mean lowlights — from her answers.

Ms. Pizzey wants to ban feminism as a hate movement:

Personally, I would like to see the feminist movement described as a hate movement, so that we can then ban them from the government, from university faculties, from anywhere where they can destroy the minds of young women and men.

It’s just a teensy bit ironic, I would say, that she characterizes feminism as a hate movement at the very same time that A Voice for Men, a site she has very publicly aligned herself with, is leading a hate campaign against an individual feminist activist. (More on this to come tomorrow.) Indeed, Pizzey herself adds to the vilification of the activist here.

And speaking of A Voice for Men, she apparently agrees with AVFM’s Paul Elam that feminists are only interested in the issue of rape because they have rape fantasies and are angry that they’re not getting enough attention from men:

If you’re referring to Paul’s statement that many or most women fantasize about being taken, I’m sorry but that’s the truth. That doesn’t mean they want to be raped, but it’s a fantasy I think almost all women have. And I think he went on to say that feminists like Andrea Dworkin who were and are so obsessed with rape are really projecting their own unconscious sexual frustration because men don’t give them enough attention. Andrea was a very sad lonely woman like this–I didn’t know her but I knew of her, and I knew Susan Browmiller and you can just read her stuff to see it there.

Yeah, I’m thinking that Dworkin’s “obsession” with rape might have had less to do with her wanting “attention” from men than it did with the fact that she had been raped.

In response to a question about using Title IX to increase the number of women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), Pizzey argues that most women’s brains aren’t equipped to handle all that sciencey stuff, and that most women would rather be raising children:

what will happen is that a few women will come out of that world in those areas that suit men’s brains better than women’s, and do well, but most of them won’t, and they’ll just leave and go on to other professions or to have children or family. That’s what’s been happening all the time when they’ve had quotas.

But what about the men who get excluded because of that? That’s the tragedy isn’t it, and the waste of money. Harriet Harman has proposed quotas for women in parliament, quotas for women in all the high-status fields, and women have flocked in but do not want the gruelling hours that men are willing to put into their professions because most of them–MOST of them–want to be spending time with their children at home, and that God for that.

Pizzey believes that most feminists are “mental patents” who deserve only condescension:

Personally, I don’t get into arguments with mental patients, which is what most feminist women are. Look at them with pity and compassion if you can, speak the truth as you know it.

But if you want a real reaction, pat her on the head and tell her not to worry her pretty little head about it. That’s what I do! I think men have to start using their sense of humor as a weapon. You must get past any sense of anger when you do such things though!

She believes most prominent second-wave feminists were feminists mainly because they hated their dads:

One of the early mantras of the feminist movement was to make the personal political. Therefore, those women who had bitter and violent experiences of the first male their lives (e.g. their father) then branded all men as violent and dangerous. They are also what I call the walking wounded. As far as I’m concerned the prominent feminists of the day virtually all had appalling relationships with their fathers. So if feminism grew out of a justified sense of grievance, and created a platform where they did not attempt to heal their own damage, but to project onto all men… so yes it’s very cultlike that way. But it’s any cult group that works that way, they all have either a figure they adore or a hate object that keeps them together. And their hate is against men, even when they deny it.

Yes, that’s right, she says all this and somehow does not notice the hatred of women amongst the MRAs she’s aligned herself with.

While she dismisses feminists with “daddy issues” she urges those who have been abused by their parents to forget the abuse they’ve endured, forgive their abusers and “move on.”

[T]each yourself that the past is truly the past, it is done and you cannot change it, all it is is a loop in your brain that needs to be closed down so that you can move forward. Because those patterns are deep within you, it takes a lot of hard work, but in the end you FORGIVE YOURSELF and you FORGIVE YOUR PARENTS and move on.

Meanwhile, she thinks that it makes sense for men who don’t like feminism to “head for the hills” and Go Their Own Way.

It was many years ago I was talking to a very eligible bachelor, who was a lawyer, and asked him about American feminists. He laughed and he said “what they never banked on was that men would get together and take to the hills.” This is where that expression comes from. He and his male friends would get together and have a wonderful time, they did not make permanent relationships with women, because they realized they would have too much to lose: their homes, their children, and their money. I always remember this. When 40 year old feminists complain that they can’t find any men to commit themselves, why is it men’s fault? I can’t blame men who feel this way in today’s legal environment. If the so-called women’s movement, the feminists, want men, they have to care equally about men’s desires and men’s need for protection.

This sort of makes sense, given that Pizzey seems to live in an imaginary world in which women, not men, are the truly privileged.

The actual irony of this situation is there is nothing more privileged than white middle class women, who are most of feminists. Very very privileged, because they know when they are born that either the state or a man will take care of them if they do not choose their own career. Men on the other hand are born underprivileged, particularly now, even as small boys they are demonized and discriminated against. …

I cannot see how sane sensible educated intelligent woman can consider that men are privileged. It has always been rich and middle class women who have been protected, and they are the truly privileged.

Indeed, she’s managed to convince herself that “never in the history of the world have men been so unprivileged, if you think about it.”

Naturally, all of her comments were happily upvoted by the Reddit masses, and her “Ask Me Anything” post itself got more than 1200 upvotes. Evidently pandering to Reddit’s collective fantasies about the oppression of men pays off big in the upvote department.

Making mead sounds fun, but right now it’s unwise for me to start containers of anything I don’t want knocked over.

falyne42
falyne42

My local bottle shop carries mead, and I helped kickstart a local meadery. I’m in a hipster part of a craft-brew-centric town, though.

Briznecko
Briznecko

But they’re so cute I JUST WANT TO EAT THEM.

CassandraSays

Do not eat the beagle or some day the beagle may eat you! This has been today’s attempt to sound like an MRA trying to be deep.

@hellkell

“Dude, we’re gonna mock the shit out of you.”

Go ahead…. And be fucking brutal while you are at it…

I am not afraid of you and will kick your ass!

🙂

Bagels, not beagels.

Baggles.

Fade

Wait, Umfweto you didn’t answer my question! Were we on the same mind as in breast implants are not objectifying when one gets them for onesself? Or do you think they are? I just realized you never answered me. 😛

thebionicmommy

Oops, I was ninja’ed on a lot of what I wrote, because it took me nine zillion hours to type.

But I did miss him asking this

Oh and everyone, what does owning your own shit mean when you say it to someone? I have heard that same thing being said over at AVFM.

Don’t try to understand what they say over there, because it doesn’t make sense half the time. Actually, they should be experts on owning shit, since most of what they say is, in fact, grade A bullshit.

hellkell

Oh, I get it. Umfweto’s kink is coming here and boring us into berating him.

hellkell

I am not afraid of you and will kick your ass!

It’s so cute when they think they’re equipped for this place.

cloudiah

A meadery is a thing? Cooooool.

thebionicmommy

It’s so cute when they think they’re equipped for this place.

Forget it, Umfweto, you’re out of your element!

Viscaria
Viscaria

@Umfweto: When I said you need to own your shit I was referring to the way you kept talking about a) how feminism should be able to face criticism and b) anti-feminist positions have some value, but you wouldn’t bring up any specific examples of either; which made it impossible to actually argue with your positions. You were hiding behind pleasant-sounding vagueries instead of just saying what you meant and it was pissing me off.

@thebionicmommy

“Good for you for getting away from that toxic website.”

I agree with you. The whole reason I landed up there was that my life suffered some bad experiences at the hands of a dysfunctional person. It was unfortunate that in my search for answers Google put me on to that place.

There is definitely a gap in the market for something that is supportive to men but in a way that isn’t trying to lead them to believe that the whole world is now suddenly against them.

As a guy, I would have to say that although I have some wonderful male friends who are an amazing source of emotional support to me, that there is still a deficit in male culture that needs to be addressed. Men are still pretty crap at supporting each other on an emotional level.

I have lost a friend or two by being openly concerned about the emotional side of their life. I have learnt to be selective about friends as a result. Insecure people are dangerous.

I absolutely agree with you that a woman should not have to make her life central to a man’s needs. I couldn’t be that way or someone. It’s just not practical for anyone involved.

I am not new to feminism. My Mum is a feminist. We argue until the wee hours. I did grow up making the mistake of believing the world’s problems had been solved and everything was going to equal when I was an adult.

I have even learnt that despite having a feminist Mum I ave still things to learn as a man though.

I will always criticize feminism. I will always criticize my Mum. She’s right about a lot of things but she’s far from being perfect.

CassandraSays

Votes on whether or not anyone wants to hear about the new troll’s mommy issues?

hellkell

Yaaaawn. That’s nice. Is this going to be The Umfweto Show?

If so, I’m going to suggest we start talking about bras or makeup.

hellkell

I do not care about new troll’s mommy issues.

Unfweto,

I agree with what Viscaria said about saying what you mean, instead of beating around the bush. So yes, please own that shit.

But when the MRA’s at AVfM say “own your shit”, they mean for women to meekly accept their harassment and to believe everything they say as the gospel truth.

CassandraSays

Makeup! If I was in the market for a new mascara, what would people recommend? It can be either black or dark brown, and I prefer it to look somewhat natural, ie I don’t want to look like I’m wearing fake lashes.

cloudiah

I care about mead.

hellkell

Lancome Definicils. It’s still the best. Diorshow might be too fake looking for you. Avoid the Diorshow Iconic at all costs, it’s the shittiest mascara ever.

@hellkell

“It’s so cute when they think they’re equipped for this place”

put your money where your mouth is then…

What is it you and your opinion that is so above my own existence?

thebionicmommy

I like makeup! I sell Avon to make money, but then spend most of my earnings on Avon for me.

CassandraSays

Even the advertising pics for Diorshow look a bit much to me. Will try the Lancome.

hellkell

Umfweto, please. Why are you here?

Kendra, how is Avon? I’ve never tried it, except for those tiny sample lipsticks from the 80s.

thebionicmommy

Oh, and kind of related to bras? I have a question about “the girls”. Okay, in summer, I like summer pj’s and nightgowns but they’re all so thin, I show through up top. So I have to wear a robe over it, but that’s too hot. I don’t like wearing bras at night either. Any recommendations?

Viscaria
Viscaria

Bad netiquette on my part: saw Umf’s reply to me and didn’t read the rest of the comments before saying something back. Now that I have read them I seriously regret giving him the attention.

Re: food and beverages, it’s half-day Friday so we went to the place downtown that (in my opinion) makes the best margaritas and MUCH FUN WAS HAD.

CassandraSays

What is it you and your opinion that is so above my own existence?

Well, for a start, she’d never write a sentence that poorly constructed even after multiple martinis.

@thebionicmommy

This was always my fear about the idea of working in a coffee shop. I’d be my own best customer, and turn into Tweak from South Park.

hellkell

What about a camisole with the built in shelf? Usually just a double layer of material over the girls.

Thank you.

CassandraSays

RE nightwear issue, maybe wear tank tops with a built in shelf bra? Since the shelf bra creates a double layer you should get less nipplage.

thebionicmommy

I like how cheap the makeup is. Lipstick is the top seller, and they have it in SPF 15. Some are anti aging, and others are long lasting. The face creams have SPF 25, and anti aging ingredients, but they are very expensive. But if you want to splurge on their Anew moisturizers, they do firm up the facial skin while being very gentle and not causing breakouts. I also like the Skin So Soft sunscreens for repelling mosquitoes and being gentle for kids.

Bagelsan

I don’t like wearing bras at night either. Any recommendations?

I was going to recommend a camisole, too… can’t think of anything else off the top of my head. Or you could try a loose sports bra, maybe?

thebionicmommy

So camisoles with shelf bras are comfy enough to wear to bed? I’ve never bought one before.

CassandraSays

The good think about the tanks with the shelf bra is that you also feel a bit more dressed if someone random (UPS, unexpected guest, etc) shows up.

@CassandraSays

My Mom rules. She the best florist this side of mars. I have spent many hours watching her craft. Although I have only perfected doing a simple posy myself.

She has the most beautiful garden. Whenever I visit her we spend the first hour walking around the around the garden discussing how things are going to turn out for the new season.

I do have Mummy issues though. She is an aweful cook. But I always take over and she doesn’t mind cuzz she hates cooking. I made her and her boyfriend a butternut and pancetta risotto last weekend.

CassandraSays

Some of them have elastic on the bottom of the shelf that might not be comfy, others are just a double layer of fabric that kind of folds around the boobs. I wouldn’t sleep in the former.

CassandraSays

Troll identified. Can David banhammer him again now?

thebionicmommy

I’ll have to buy one without the elastic to try. It’s just annoying to wear flannel in the summer, or a hot robe, when I keep the thermostat set at 78. But I don’t want to be around my family looking inappropriate. Thank you for these tips.

What, do you think it’s Mr. 90%? Because I don’t remember him having this basic spelling problem.

CassandraSays

Not sure who exactly, but there was a recent troll who I think was banned for being annoying who kept banging on about his dessert making skills.

@hellkell

I have been asking myself the same about you?

Oh, that guy! You’re totally right! Jaro: The one who kept going on about his ability to make really simple foods.

Side note: We should start up the troll thread again and move it somewhere public.

Umfweto

So let me get this straight. Talking about average everyday stuff like make-up and bras is supposed to deter me from wanting to continue in engaging in a conversation with you people?

So essentially it’s a matter of, “listen dude, this place is AVFM for chicks. Being narrow minded is what makes us feel safe and safety comes first”.

That’s what I have decided to walk away with anyway. For a second there I thought I was engaging with people of relevance. But yeah, AVFM for chicks is probably about right it would seem.

Fear is such an overwhelming part of the human condition.

Anyway, this is the part where you all high five each other for choosing the same voluntary self-imprisonment most people choose.

Have a good one. I have to get packing for my flight tomorrow to visit my sister in Japan.

AVFM and Manboobz should join forces. Spreading stupidity since since 2013.

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

Hahahahaeheh.
That was actually entertaining. Thank you for making me laugh. I appreciate it.

@Mead:

Mead is actually really good and lovely, and nicely done if you’re making your own falyne42. Hope it turns out well.

I had some stuff a friend bought at a medieval fair – honey based, I think, with some spice in it – and we opened it to have a taste and woke up in another city three bottles later with foam swords and chainmail on.

So mead is good.

@Umfweto:

Enjoy your trip to Japan.

Although in one sense I sympathize; I really am proud of my macaroni and cheese and my beer-battered fish and chips. Both are tasty foods I always look forward to.

But neither is something I’d put forth in the event that I was forced to participate in some bullshit one-upmanship competition to prove that my cooking skills were better than someone else’s.

Fade

^^Make up is not only for “chicks”, Umfweto. And we are perfectly willing to engage with honest new comers.

I mean, I was engaging. 🙁 But you did not answer my questions. Cherry picking, man. 😉

Also, when men use “for chicks” I instantly think less of them. Don’t be putting stuff down for being or women.

/On the off chance he doesn’t stick to his flounce.

That’s what I have decided to walk away with anyway.

“You’re talking about stuff to get me to leave? Well, fuck that! I’m leaving!”

CassandraSays

I have decided to walk away with my prejudices confirmed! You bitches made me do this.

cloudiah

katz, I would like your fish and chips recipe.

1 5 6 7 8 9 12