a voice for men antifeminism evil women harassment hate hundreds of upvotes imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression ladies against women MGTOW misogyny MRA only men pay taxes apparently oppressed men patronizing as heck paul elam playing the victim rape rape culture reddit straw feminists

Antifeminist crusader Erin Pizzey bravely tells Redditors that “never in the history of the world have men been so unprivileged, if you think about it.”

How Erin Pizzey imagines most middle-class whtie women live, apparently
How Erin Pizzey imagines most feminists live, apparently

Longtime antifeminist crusader Erin Pizzey recently did an “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit. Here are some highlights — by which I mean lowlights — from her answers.

Ms. Pizzey wants to ban feminism as a hate movement:

Personally, I would like to see the feminist movement described as a hate movement, so that we can then ban them from the government, from university faculties, from anywhere where they can destroy the minds of young women and men.

It’s just a teensy bit ironic, I would say, that she characterizes feminism as a hate movement at the very same time that A Voice for Men, a site she has very publicly aligned herself with, is leading a hate campaign against an individual feminist activist. (More on this to come tomorrow.) Indeed, Pizzey herself adds to the vilification of the activist here.

And speaking of A Voice for Men, she apparently agrees with AVFM’s Paul Elam that feminists are only interested in the issue of rape because they have rape fantasies and are angry that they’re not getting enough attention from men:

If you’re referring to Paul’s statement that many or most women fantasize about being taken, I’m sorry but that’s the truth. That doesn’t mean they want to be raped, but it’s a fantasy I think almost all women have. And I think he went on to say that feminists like Andrea Dworkin who were and are so obsessed with rape are really projecting their own unconscious sexual frustration because men don’t give them enough attention. Andrea was a very sad lonely woman like this–I didn’t know her but I knew of her, and I knew Susan Browmiller and you can just read her stuff to see it there.

Yeah, I’m thinking that Dworkin’s “obsession” with rape might have had less to do with her wanting “attention” from men than it did with the fact that she had been raped.

In response to a question about using Title IX to increase the number of women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), Pizzey argues that most women’s brains aren’t equipped to handle all that sciencey stuff, and that most women would rather be raising children:

what will happen is that a few women will come out of that world in those areas that suit men’s brains better than women’s, and do well, but most of them won’t, and they’ll just leave and go on to other professions or to have children or family. That’s what’s been happening all the time when they’ve had quotas.

But what about the men who get excluded because of that? That’s the tragedy isn’t it, and the waste of money. Harriet Harman has proposed quotas for women in parliament, quotas for women in all the high-status fields, and women have flocked in but do not want the gruelling hours that men are willing to put into their professions because most of them–MOST of them–want to be spending time with their children at home, and that God for that.

Pizzey believes that most feminists are “mental patents” who deserve only condescension:

Personally, I don’t get into arguments with mental patients, which is what most feminist women are. Look at them with pity and compassion if you can, speak the truth as you know it.

But if you want a real reaction, pat her on the head and tell her not to worry her pretty little head about it. That’s what I do! I think men have to start using their sense of humor as a weapon. You must get past any sense of anger when you do such things though!

She believes most prominent second-wave feminists were feminists mainly because they hated their dads:

One of the early mantras of the feminist movement was to make the personal political. Therefore, those women who had bitter and violent experiences of the first male their lives (e.g. their father) then branded all men as violent and dangerous. They are also what I call the walking wounded. As far as I’m concerned the prominent feminists of the day virtually all had appalling relationships with their fathers. So if feminism grew out of a justified sense of grievance, and created a platform where they did not attempt to heal their own damage, but to project onto all men… so yes it’s very cultlike that way. But it’s any cult group that works that way, they all have either a figure they adore or a hate object that keeps them together. And their hate is against men, even when they deny it.

Yes, that’s right, she says all this and somehow does not notice the hatred of women amongst the MRAs she’s aligned herself with.

While she dismisses feminists with “daddy issues” she urges those who have been abused by their parents to forget the abuse they’ve endured, forgive their abusers and “move on.”

[T]each yourself that the past is truly the past, it is done and you cannot change it, all it is is a loop in your brain that needs to be closed down so that you can move forward. Because those patterns are deep within you, it takes a lot of hard work, but in the end you FORGIVE YOURSELF and you FORGIVE YOUR PARENTS and move on.

Meanwhile, she thinks that it makes sense for men who don’t like feminism to “head for the hills” and Go Their Own Way.

It was many years ago I was talking to a very eligible bachelor, who was a lawyer, and asked him about American feminists. He laughed and he said “what they never banked on was that men would get together and take to the hills.” This is where that expression comes from. He and his male friends would get together and have a wonderful time, they did not make permanent relationships with women, because they realized they would have too much to lose: their homes, their children, and their money. I always remember this. When 40 year old feminists complain that they can’t find any men to commit themselves, why is it men’s fault? I can’t blame men who feel this way in today’s legal environment. If the so-called women’s movement, the feminists, want men, they have to care equally about men’s desires and men’s need for protection.

This sort of makes sense, given that Pizzey seems to live in an imaginary world in which women, not men, are the truly privileged.

The actual irony of this situation is there is nothing more privileged than white middle class women, who are most of feminists. Very very privileged, because they know when they are born that either the state or a man will take care of them if they do not choose their own career. Men on the other hand are born underprivileged, particularly now, even as small boys they are demonized and discriminated against. …

I cannot see how sane sensible educated intelligent woman can consider that men are privileged. It has always been rich and middle class women who have been protected, and they are the truly privileged.

Indeed, she’s managed to convince herself that “never in the history of the world have men been so unprivileged, if you think about it.”

Naturally, all of her comments were happily upvoted by the Reddit masses, and her “Ask Me Anything” post itself got more than 1200 upvotes. Evidently pandering to Reddit’s collective fantasies about the oppression of men pays off big in the upvote department.

Aaliyah, that must be disappointing but I know you will have a great time at UCSC.

Fade

College is great. If you’re craving freedom, it’ll be a blast. Let me know if you ever want to swap cheap college recipes. =)

I AM NOT ALLIYAH BUT TELL MEEEE!!!!/

hyperness off

Okay, I am curious about these reecipes, though, seeing as how I’m going to be going to colleg ein a couple years.

Bagelsan

I’m not of Germanic or English or Irish extraction, I’m a Mono-cultural-American. I only eat monocultural food, and my gut bacteria are all the same. And whatshisface is a Douchebag-African (or Douchbagopean? Where’s he from? I was trying to read it but my eyelids got all droopy. Maybe there’s some carbon monoxide in here. For us monoculturals to monobreathe.)

augochlorella
augochlorella

@Fade

I hope my recipes aren’t too disappointing. I’m still kind of teaching myself how to cook, and I’ve found that a lot of my “revelations” are apparently common knowledge. Like did you know you can make homemade spaghetti sauce that’s super delicious and way cheaper than that watery Prego stuff? I guess all of my friends but me knew that.

I’ve found that chili, spaghetti, and stir fry are pretty cheap and easy to change up if you get sick of eating the same thing all the time. Let me know if you want details on how I make those.

I also just tried this and really liked it.

Aaliyah

chili, spaghetti, and stir fry

Sounds like the stuff I already eat often anyway (well, except for stir-fry). =P

Bagelsan

I’m all about the pasta/stir-fry/curry… anything I can just lump together and dump sauce over. There’s this mango curry sauce I buy and simmer over chicken and onion and bell pepper strips. SO GOOD.

Fade

I’m still teaching myself how to cook, too. 😛 I did not know you could make cheap homemade spaghetti sauce, though. The only time I tried to make home made spaghetti sauce was when we figured out we had noodles but now sauce and OH LOOK A CAN OF TOMATO PASTE

it wasn’t bad, though.

hellkell

Homemade cheap tomato sauce: can of peeled tomatoes, 1 head (the whole thing) garlic, olive oil, pepper flakes if you want.

Peel and cut garlic thinly vertically. Heat olive oil, add garlic and saute until golden. Add tomato and pepper flakes and simmer one hour, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes (I usually crush them by hand before putting them in the pot). If you want and have it, you can add red wine and some sugar to get the taste just right.

Bagelsan

I’m also really lazy, so I totally buy the veggies pre-cut & frozen when I can. If you have an extra bit of money and few “spoons” for doing anything after a long day, that can be the difference between eating real food and eating half a dozen bagels for dinner.

…Totally not speaking from experience. >_> <_<

hellkell

Oh, and whatever spices like basil and oregano that you want to add. But if you don’t the basic sauce is still good and you can make as much or as little as you want.

Bagelsan

I HAVE EATEN 6 BAGELS FOR DINNER BEFORE.

/cracked under pressure.

augochlorella
augochlorella

@ Aaliyah and Fade

I probably should have mentioned that prioritizing cost over deliciousness (unfortunately). My goal is to keep all my meals at under a dollar per serving while still getting good nutrition.

I may have to try out hellkell’s tomato sauce recipe, though when I’m home this summer and not paying rent, because it sounds really good.

Or “hurried college student” style: Just take a can of tomato puree (or mix tomato paste and plain tomato juice) and add parsley, basil, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, and/or grated parmesan until it’s tasty. Price-wise, plain canned tomato products tend to all cost about the same, so it’s mostly preference.

The guy who always made tomato sauce at school made it with bay leaves, whole allspice, and whole peppercorns. Tasted good, but you kept having to fish things out of it.

Homemade salad dressing is also a huge price savings.

augochlorella
augochlorella

Homemade salad dressing, you say? *runs to google*

hellkell

augochlorella: if you try it when you’re home, spring for a can of San Marzano tomatoes. They’re the best, but not as cheap.

cloudiah

If you like things a little spicy, add some red pepper flakes to hellkell’s recipe. I always add basil too, since it just doesn’t taste right to me without it.

augochlorella
augochlorella

hellkell, I’m not sure I recognize the brand (maybe they’re not available where I am?), but I’ll keep my eye out for them.

cloudiah

Also my silly sounding recipes up above are real recipes, and some of them are reasonably cheap to make. Remember, manboobzers, misandry is free so you can add all you want!

The simplest salad dressing is just oil and vinegar. Most of the time, that’s all I do. It’s another thing that requires no real recipe; just experiment with a sour ingredient (lemon juice, fruit juice, or vinegar), an oil ingredient (oil or mayo), maybe a sweet ingredient (honey or sugar; I just made one with caramel), and any herbs or spices that suit your fancy. Yogurt is also a good base for salad dressings.

hellkell

augochlorella: it’s not a brand, it’s a kind of tomato. I usually buy Cento brand. And the pepper flakes in were red pepper flakes, forgot to clarify that.

augochlorella
augochlorella

Oh whoops. Now I feel silly.

hellkell

No need to feel silly, I didn’t realize there was a difference until I started making my own sauce.

cloudiah

Ha ha, I totally missed that you already mentioned red pepper flakes hellkell. My reading comprehension is crap these days.

hellkell

cloudiah, I just said pepper flakes, that could mean a couple different things. You have other shit on your mind, my reading would suck too. How are you holding up?

cloudiah

I’m kind of shaky, to be honest, but trying to focus on little things I can do to help my friends and KILL CANCER WITH FIRE.

Kittehserf

All the hugs, cloudiah!
Have an adorable piggy and kitty playing:

cloudiah

Thanks, kittehserf!

Kittehserf

Ya welcome, cloudiah!

Argenti Aertheri

I’m like 8 hours behind the thread, so terribly sorry if this in inappropriate for the current topic. But Latin question.

“Wait… all european languages have latin in common? Or do you just mean most? Because I am doubtful at most, but I KNOW all has got to be not true.”

Afaik the major ones are just French, Italian, Spanish (and Portuguese? Maybe?), and Romanian. There’s probably a bunch more with less speakers though. And French is not Latin based according to my brain! (Italian, Spanish and Romanian I can muddle through, French makes me hate Brz all the more for causing y’all to use it)

A whole shit ton of European languages are Germanic, versus the Latin based Romance languages (pretenous name much?) — English even isn’t a Romance language but a mix of both (and a bunch more)

/linguistic aside

Argenti Aertheri

And I see that the linguistic question got answered on the next page, and I forgot all about Slavic languages, Greek, etc (lol, and Russian, but that’s the same as Spanish XD )

So please accept my apology for my forgetfulness and then ignore me. The Argenti is all kinds of out of it still (got a day off, slept til 7, pulling an all nighter til it’s Doctor Who o’clock)

I’m only still up because wee Sansa is asleep in my lap and she’s going to her forever home next week and I want to soak up all the time with her that I can.

Argenti Aertheri

Lol ok, one more pre-caught up comment and then I’ll read and STFU.

The entertainment that I shall see now this night
The occasional admission to a funny manboobz site
The invitation to a gmail chat
I’m blessed
With the ability to start internet arguments
Which only means that when I search the site
I have to check my facts can’t bluff my way now
Thank God for Google.

Thanks Fade, now I’m singing Thank God I’m Pretty and distracted by how awesome she is live (FLAG music video exists, go google it if you haven’t seen it yet)

Kittehserf

*sniffle*

Happy for her having her forever home, but sad for you, katz. I couldn’t do fostering, I’d want to keep ALL THE KITTIES.

Argenti Aertheri

Caught up and I’m sorry Aaliyah! And I second that sniffle over the foster kitties, I’d definitely want to keep them all (well, assuming they didn’t eat my foot and then tear up my hand, seems I pissed of the cat somehow or another)

And she’s sleep twitching.

(If it makes you feel better, Argenti, she absolutely would eat your feet and hands. And climb up your legs which is adorable yet painful.)

pecunium

falyne42: I’ve always known cyser as being a type of mead with post fermentation fruit juice.

I just opened the mesquite with berlinerweisse yeast. It’s best cool, not cold; has a hazelnut nose, with about 6% ABV.

Cassandra: Depends on the mead. Most of mine have a less obvious honey flavor. As a rule the drier the mead, the less, “honey” is in the taste.

That’s a good point. Where do you find mead if you don’t make it yourself? I can tell you where to get a lot of random beverages, but that’s not one of them.

Good wine shops will have some. Chaucer’s is widely available; on the sweet side. For less sweet look for “tej” which is ethipian style mead. Other than that you need to poke around some. BevMo usually has some.

cloudiah: Where do I sign up to get a glass of mead?

Come by my place.

pecunium

Knowing the world outside of your own your own country would mean understanding why in African tradition

Because All of Africa is the same.

Well Spanish and Russian use the same alphabet. 🙂

You are correct, not all languages in Europe are based on latin. In fact the only ones which are are Italian, French (and it’s subgroups, e.g. Occitan, Provencal) Spanish (and it’s subgroups, e.g. Catalan), and Romanian.

Umboring is Pell, yes?

pecunium

And Argenti caught the one I forgot.

Bagelsan

I’m pretty sure the national language of both Europe and Africa is English spoken slowly and loudly. Yes/no?

😉

Kittehserf

LOL Bagelsan, that’s it!

Don’t forget Portuguese!

But yes, when you come down to it, the romance languages aren’t that big of a group. There’s at least as many Germanic languages in Europe (English, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, etc) and a fuckton more Slavic languages.

pecunium

Argenti: Has your grandfather given your father an unlimited power of att’y? If not has he directed the sale?

Because if he hasn’t then selling his house is the tort of conversion.

Argenti Aertheri

Pecunium — it’s a durable PoA, which I thought was limited to while my grandfather’s of sound mind, which um, not really. Not quite sure what you mean by directing the sale, if you mean the simple non-legal guess, than yes, he’s long been planning to sell it instead of letting my aunt get it (do not get me started on that, email me if you really want to know)

Current headache is the PoA paperwork though, so I figure the lawyers and banks will sort that out. More worried about shit like how I carried three boxes of matchbox cars up from the basement and managed to clean out a 4′ square in the process. And how the nursing home keeps saying they’re moving his room, so my mother rightfully doesn’t want to buy a couch and have it delivered to the wrong room, but he called it barracks and to a degree, he’s got a point (he does have a comfy chair, pretty sure WWII barracks didn’t have those!)

Argenti Aertheri

Fuck, I’m getting so little (decent) sleep that it’s all I can do not to refer to myself in the third person by my (shortened) legal name. On here. With trolls. And a very gendered legal name.

I don’t think my psych would approve if I asked for stronger sleeping pills though. (And that’s turned ineffective cuz SSI paperwork keeps taking my entire hour)

And I’m ranting again, sorry.

pecunium

The durable might allow for him to make the sale, but it’s one of those things which needs to be clear.

Dyad
Dyad

But if we ARENT living in a time period where “men have never been so unprivileged” (aka, men have lost a lot of the privilege they once had), wouldnt that mean that Feminism has been an unproductive failure?

Seems like her statement is merely speaking to the successes of Feminism for taking some of the power men once had and giving it to women.

justsomeguy69
justsomeguy69

such a colossal waste of time….hungry people, endless war, drought, famine, poverty, people in the first world living under bridges in clothing that hasn’t been cleaned in months…it goes on and on…western women have it so good they have no idea, all this energy wasted, you are all just playing into the hands of people whom want you in a literal cage, instead of the virtual one you all seem eager to lock yourselves into…

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

You may only care about one thing at a time! ONLY ONE DO YOU HEAR ME. If you are caring about feminism you can’t care about famine and poverty!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONEEEEEEEEEE.

weirwoodtreehugger

Because western women never experience poverty or anything.