all about the menz alpha asshole cock carousel antifeminism debate disgusting women misogyny MRA the eternal solipsism of the MRA mind the spearhead whores

Easter on The Spearhead: “I hope that our own errant women can follow Mary Magdalene’s example.”

48ae1f0bf62fdb0f393901f077e6c8a6

Happy Easter, or what remains of it, for those who celebrate it! (And happy Deep Discounts on Peeps Day to all who celebrate that tomorrow.)

There’s an interesting, er, theological discussion about the meaning of Easter over on The Spearhead. In a short post, WF Price argues that the uppity ladies of today could learn a thing or two from Mary Magdalene:

One of my favorite subtexts of the Easter story is the devotion of Mary Magdalene, who kept a vigil at her Lord’s tomb, and thereby became the first witness to the Resurrection.

I don’t see it as a specifically Christian message, but rather a universal one: the woman, regardless of her background or past, can attain holiness through selfless love and devotion. I hope some day that our own errant women can follow Mary Magdalene’s example.

A nonbeliever with the clever handle fakeemail isn’t convinced:

Once a whore always a whore.

I have no interest for a whore who “saw the light” aka a 30 year old cock-carouseler who is out of options. I want the young woman who was smart enough to never be a whore in the first place.

Evidently MRAs never take a holiday from being dicks.

Fade

Omg, Argenti, you’re a genius!

Argenti Aertheri

Nawh, I just know HTML, thanks though 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

YAY THE NEW KITTY AVATARS!

That is all.

Yeah, I know that’s the list of tags for posts, but they didn’t have a list just for comments (which is why I mentioned that I didn’t know how many of those would work in the comments).

Argenti Aertheri

Katz — I see that now, my apologies for my hangover fog! (And hey, I saved my cheat sheet so I now have that list handy the next time someone asks 🙂 )

Yay thanks!
My HTML knowledge is very rudimentary due to laziness 🙂
I also assumed there is some neat trick to embedding I didn’t know, but it was probably just HTTPS Everywhere’s fault.

Marie

@tomBcat

is it just me, or did your kitty avatar get evil-er looking while I was away?

Possibly 🙂
I had some fun with the avatar creator.
I also made some of the cats I loved the most.

Marie

I should play around with the avatar creator XD I like your avatar too, though. Even if it is evil XD

I have cute ones too!
I would miss yours if you changed it, though. It’s so cute.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

With kitties, aren’t “evil” and “cute” kinda the same thing?

Marie

@tomBcat

Then I’ll just leave it. Cuz I’m lazy XD Though I do have extras I don’t know what to do with. Oh well. One can never have too many kitty avatars.

@bagelsan

Yes, but some of them deceive you by looking a little less evil. I think. I’ve technically never had a kitty. But, D’awww, kitties! <3

Fade

A cat that is evil is almost always cute, but a cat that is cute is not always evil.

/I think. I’m a dog person XD

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

…I’m also a dog person; I feel like this is a deep dark secret. XD

@Marie
You can look however you want!
It would be interesting to see what cuteness your avatars are capable of!

I think it’s just that few cats are that openly evil. They try to look like removing every house in the plant from their pot was an honest mistake.

TomBcat

Should’ve read before posting. Contrary to this statement, my home contains plants just like yours, not the other way around.

Marie

@tomBcat

Such a cute kitty avatar you got! 😀 So cute! Maybe I’ll tinker with it now…see what I can come up with XD

Have fun!
Last I did was my bunny, as well as I could with a kitten generator.

Marie

D’aww. That sounds cute. I’m trying a new one, sadly I don’t think it’s much cuter, but hopefully it will be up shortly 😀

Argenti Aertheri

Yeah that works less well when the kitty in question steps on a cactus while trying to climb into a box of plants.

Reason #5 the cat isn’t allowed in here. (1-4 are fish, hiding under the bed, odds of art project supplies being everywhere, and that it’s 10+ degrees warmer in here and I’m not leaving the door open)

Marie

@Argenti Aertheri

Ow. Poor kitty 🙁

Argenti Aertheri

Marie — D’AWW your kitty got cuter!

And it was an adopted barn cat, so I think it’d seen worse (I know I won’t go barefoot around there because damned do nettles hurt!). Also, “adopted”, it kept showing up at my aunt’s and refusing to return to the neighbor’s barn…cats really do pick their humans!

Marie

Well, at least it got cuter…I kinda miss my old one XD Oh well, I can always change it back if I don’t warm up to this one.

@Argenti
Art projects are a good reason. Fish tanks at least are usually closed, though that doesn’t keep the cat from striking fear between it’s inhabitants, but art…
My carpet usually had colorful paw prints all over.
Cacti can be dangerous. My sisters cat needed multiple operations and half his back got shaved because he managed to fall on a giant cactus that had barbed spikes.

TomBcat

fear between? Beneath? under?
damn it.
Maybe it wasn’t the cactus’ fault. Same cat also broke his back. Very prone to accidents. Also makes me think that cats can’t possibly have just one life, as he’s still living his.

Argenti Aertheri

Aww, poor kitty! It’s cactus has itty bitty thin spikes, so idk if they even pierced Barnie’s paws (Barnie is what happens when you let a 6 year old name a barn cat)

And it’s more that she hides under the tanks, plec does enough scaring that she’s no big deal!

Marie

@tomBcat

Ow! You’re poor kitty. ‘

Also, I see you have changed your avatar yet again XD It’s cute.

TomBcat

I wanted to keep the Fucking Godlike Egyptian Tomb Cat(all rights reserved 😛 ) but cats!and reasons!
Is it identifiable as a bunny?

clairedammit

Testing my new kitty. I quit using my old one because it looked too much like a bunch of others.

Marie

@tomBcat

I think it looks kinda like a bunny. Sort of between cats and bunnies. Idk if that makes sense 😉

@clairedammit
This one looks very interested 🙂

Fade

@TomBcat.

IMO, it looks like a bunny. An adorable bunny whose nose you want to bop!

TomBcat

It’s a bunny made with a cat generator, so that makes perfect sense 🙂
Is it a b(o)uncy then? a catbit?
bunkitty?kittabun?

Marie

cabit XD I like that one.

@Fade
yay! Adorable and bopable nose, then it looks just like my bunny! Success!

clairedammit

TomB, it does look like a bunny now that you mention it. Dust bunnies at my house are made primarily of cat hair, so we call them cat bunnies. Now I need to try not to think of vacuuming when I see your avatar.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

It looks like a bittie (bunny-kittie?) Or a bitten (bunnie-kitten.)

In other news, squittens! http://th03.deviantart.net/fs12/PRE/i/2006/296/2/f/A_Squirm_Of_Squittens_by_Sheana.jpg

TomBcat

I also hope you won’t think of me whenever you see a ball of cat hair… 😀

Octopussies!
sqeee! (I know, no octo there)
I like bitten. And catbit. Can’t decide.
A ball mostly made of hair is a pretty accurate description of my pet in any case.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

OMG it’s the Fucking Godlike Egyptian Tomb Bunny!

TomBcat, did you see the pic I put up of Mads doing her Egyptian Goddess on Barge impersonation? I took this photo last night and thought of you. 🙂

TomBcat

She’s lovely! And does a great impersonation.
how do you call tricolored cats?
I love those, my Jenny <3 was one and they're considered lucky cats!

TomBcat

There are no digital pictures of her, however. I’ve got one of the bunny, but it’s a bad one and she’s in her cage really mad at me because I had to shorten her claws…
but anyway 🙂

Fade

@ TomBcat

The redeye adds to her mad atmosphere. XD But she is still, of course, adorable.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Satanic Bunny! :O

We’ve had quite a few discussions of what tricolour cats are called! The names vary. I call Mads a tortie-tabby, ‘cos she has both (mostly she’s a tabby, but there are a couple of spots where her brownish colour breaks out in ginger, hence the tortie bit). Strictly speaking according to my bff-the-vet-and-fantasy-writer-from-LA she’s a tortie-tabby-and-white, ‘cos tortie is just the ginger and black combo. I think torties-and-white get called calico cats in the US, and katz told me Maddie’s type are sometimes called torbies, which is quicker to write, lol.

TomBcat

Even with her evil look, she’s still unbelievably fluffy, even for a lionhead.
Funny, I don’t know what they’re really called over here, either 🙂 We just call them Farmers Cats.
Mine had exceptionally bright red patches, black patches, white tummy and paws, with some tiger stripes and the face similar to Mads’. When I see cats like Maddie, I miss her (but in a warm and fuzzy sort of way…)
Torby sounds nice 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

OT Mr K and I had another fine day of gardening yesternight. I didn’t get any memories, but he gave me a glimpse (it’s really strange seeing myself from his PoV). He was planting a rose bush and I was enthusiastically and energetically turning soil with a fork. That’s never happened on this side of the veil, and even had I been a gardener in years past, it wouldn’t know, ‘cos OW. I’m enjoying being fit over the other side, lol. The nice part was sharing his feelings – he was enjoying watching me. I told him he wasn’t concentrating on his work and he admitted the charge. 😉

When I asked if we had any feline or canine help with the digging he said NO, quite loudly, if a loud mental voice makes sense. After Q’s efforts last year, I can’t say I’m surprised he’s been banned!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

The fluffiness is part of the trap! Same with kitties.

I keep thinking of that episode from The Goodies (1970s English satire/comedy) where they sent rabbits to the moon, and one of them became a megalomaniac with ideas about taking over the world. He was called Big Bunny. He wasn’t as fluffy as Satanic Bunny but he was white …

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Whoot! Found the whole episode buried in the depths of youtube. Bill and Tim get captured by the rabbits at about 13.00. The story turns to a rabbit-themed parody of Clockwork Orange after that – the Transistorised Carrot.

TomBcat

A loud mental voice makes perfect sense. Especially when I’m very tired and daydream a little, a mental voice can get so loud it’s like someone just yelled right next to me…
It’s not the same, but an example of how voices that aren’t physical can metaphorically make my ears ring.

Oh hey, I know this!
Not sure why and where from.