antifeminism drama kings imaginary oppression MRA MRA comics cavalcade

MRA Comics Cavalcade: “All Male Opinions” Silenced by “Lace Curtain Dominated Media.”

b47db15b0a30e2d3f283a84cc7065d32

This completely reasonable and not-at-all hysterical cartoon apparently ran on a site called bastardsbible.com, which alas has gone the way of the dodo. I’m not sure if that was the original source. (I don’t think so; the hanged man’s hairstyle looks pretty 197os or 80s to me.) I’m also not sure why the members of “Today’s Lace Curtain Dominated Media” are wearing boxes on their heads. Or carrying what appears to be foliage. Or why the whole thing seems to be taking place on The Little Prince’s tiny planet.

Hyena Girl
Hyena Girl

Keep it classy MRAs, as always.

goodrumo

Reblogged this on iheariseeilearn.

cloudiah

That is … seriously, that makes no sense.

But I am impressed by the attempt to draw hachures, even though I don’t think they’re quite correct.

hellkell

That is awful and totally inline with their drama queen ways. Oh, the poor menz opinions.

Fuck, every place is a dudely place, and they really think they’re being silenced? The narcissism is astounding.

cloudiah, is it ok if I email you? I have something I would like to bounce off you, if you don’t mind.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Is it just me, or are their cartoons very 19th-century clunky? Everything labelled, the point laboured, all spelled out, like neither the cartoonist nor the reader are smart enough to do it any other way.

Wonder why that might be …

I suspect Rupert Murdoch et al would be a tad surprised to learn either that their opinions and power are being silenced, or that they’re feminist propaganda agents.

cloudiah

hellkell, Sure, bounce away!

Kittehs’, I think I must be stupid then, because while everything is indeed labelled I am having a hard time figure out what the point is… Box-headed figures that really, REALLY like lace curtains are somehow killing all male opinions? But what about the men who like lace curtains? 😀

CassandraSays

The box-heads make me think of the cutesy ghost decorations that a lot of stores sell for Halloween.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

cloudiah – but men who like lace curtains must be manginas!

Actually the whole lace curtain bit adds to the 19th century feel – seriously, were lace curtains a thing even in the 70s as far as being some sort of cultural trope goes?

The MRM, inhabiting their own little world … pity they don’t just stay there.

hellkell

cloudiah: you’ve been bounced.

cloudiah

My great aunt used to make lace coverings for the backs of every chair and sofa in her house, but that’s because she grew up in an era when Brylcreem and other pomades were such a thing for men that unprotected furnishings would soon be coated in grease. MISANDRY! She should have let those manly men with their oiled hair stain her womanly furniture.

hellkell

cloudiah: that reminds me of the Soul Glow family in “Coming to America.”

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Asteroid B-612, we hardly knew ye.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Antimacassars! Those go back a ways.

In our house, they’d be called antimacattars.

quantumscale
quantumscale

I figure they’re going for an “iron curtain” thing but couldn’t figure out the feminist equivalent of iron.

cloudiah

Kittehs’ THANK YOU, I couldn’t for the life of me remember what they were called.

Speaking of iron (what a smooth segue), I just finished Lords and Ladies and want to thank the manboobzers who introduced me to Terry Pratchett.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

cloudiah, my pleasure!

Yay for finishing Lords and Ladies! That was the first Pratchett I read, too.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I think the lace curtain is another way of saying uppity Irish. Lace curtain Irish were just as poor as shanty Irish but put on airs by hanging lace in the window. Argh!
Also you are supposed to recognize them as blockheads.
Y’all are so young it warms my heart that you are having trouble decoding this.

hellkell

Please don’t spoil Lords and Ladies, I’m not done yet! Watch one of our troll doofuses come in and do just that.

cloudiah

What part are you at, hellkell?

hellkell

I’m about 1/4 through–Ridcully just met Cassanunda.

I have a few books going at once, so I treat it like a buffet; a little from this book, a little from that book.

cloudiah

thebewilderness, You think those are Gumby-style blockheads? Or are there other blockheads I don’t know about? I had never heard of lace curtain Irish, but I am Danish so my references are more in line with lutefisk and all-white casseroles.

hellkell, So much laughage is ahead of you. I kept spluttering on the bus in embarassing ways.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Oooh, Casanunda! One of my favourite characters. 🙂

CassandraSays

How do you make an all-white casserole? What’s in it? I’m going to guess fish or chicken, potatoes, and milk or cream.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

That sounds yummy …

cloudiah

White protein (chicken, tuna, etc.) + Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup + a crunchy topping (those canned chow mein noodles, which I know aren’t white but bear with me). These are the comfort foods of midwestern Danish Americans.

So didn’t we have someone on this list who knew a lot about the origins of chivalry? I took a quick glance at AVfM and they have a post up about it that I suspect is hilariously wrong. Also, they seem to have a real hate crush on an actress (NCIS) named Pauley Perrette, which I can’t be bothered to figure out.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Blockhead noun 1. a stupid, doltish person; dunce.

In this instance media representatives who think they are better than us but they are really blockheads because they won’t give preference to the manly menz who are manly.

CassandraSays

Ah, I was thinking Denmark rather than America. In which case I really should have included cheese too. Can you put havarti in a casserole?

Argenti Aertheri

“But what about the men who like lace curtains?”

Hilariously, I was just debating making a lace curtain as it seems I have some cheap lace leftover from gods know what and am a bit miffed that I have to pick between privacy and sunlight for my plants. Might do it later, for now I owe my mother a pillow case!

Kamilla1960 — what’s your purpose here? You drop links that are apropos of nothing and make little to no sense without commentary. And when you do comment you say shit like “genderless hermaphrodites [which would make us] no longer human”.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

cloudiah, cloudiah, more info for the culinary illiterates here plz! How do you cook it, what’s involved?

hellkell

Lutefisk: blergh. I’ve tried and I just CAN’T.

hellkell

THANK YOU. I’ve been wondering this myself.

cloudiah

Hm, havarti could be very good in a casserole. While I don’t like the Danish American/midwestern versions, I do like a good casserole. I made a pretty good one with chickpeans that would have been suitably monochromatic if I hadn’t added sauteed greens to it at the last minute.

CassandraSays

I have the convenient excuse that lutefisk is not the food of my people. Our stinky fish dish is kippers (which for some odd reason I quite like in small doses).

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Real men do not like lace curtains nor do they eat quiche which simply leaves more lace and quiche for the rest of us.

cloudiah

Kittehs’, I have never cooked one! What you need to do is find a Lutheran church ladies’ cookbook from some midwestern fundraiser, and you will find a million variations. 🙂

hellkell, my mother grew up during the 1930s in South Dakota, and lutefisk was their poverty food during the Depression. It kept them alive, but she can’t stand it now. Her older brother, though, was oddly nostalgic about it.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I have my great grandmothers antimacassars and they are in use to this very day as antimacattars!!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Thanks, cloudiah! 😀 There’s prolly lots of recipies on teh internets, I was being lazy thinking you’d made them.

cloudiah

Why does my tablet make it so hard to copy/paste? This is an example of a terrible white casserole. The one you found, Kittehs’, sounds much better.

cloudiah

And with that, I’m flouncing to make dinner and try to remove all of the cat hair from my dressy pants that I have to wear to Easter dinner tomorrow. Ah, Hazel & Buster, it’s a good thing you’re so cute.

Oxytoxin
Oxytoxin

“no longer human”
BULLSHIT. Everyone who has a human father and a human mother is human. I’m pretty much an unsocial androgyne and have been told that I’m rejecting my humanity. BULLSHIT.

Noadi

Lacy gently wafting curtain?

Marie

good. I like quiche XD (though only in small quantities. I’m weird)

I feel like I have some comments on the wtf-y picture up top, but cannot articulate them yet. Oh well. Happy Easter, manbooberz who celebrate Easter!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I don’t mind the occasional bit of quiche. And I’m looking through lace curtains right now. (The fur-edged variety, of course.)

CassandraSays

Anyone who wants my quiche is welcome to it, since I hate the stuff.
…OMG, I’m a man!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Well, we knew that, Cassandra. Cos you’re dominant and teh wimmenz can’t do that because SCIENCE.

hellkell

My old ‘hood in Seattle was heavily Norwegian, and lutefisk was always at the yearly festival. I love the old bars full of old Norwegian fisherman.

CassandraSays

As an apology for my refusal to join the quiche party I offer some of these, since I just opened the bag.

Karalora
Karalora

@cloudiah

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t you in SoCal now? If so, and you’re Danish, we must go to Solvang together sometime!

1 2 3 4