antifeminism evo psych fairy tales imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression lazy women eating bon bons misogyny MRA oppressed men reddit white knights

MRA History Lesson: Women have been getting a free-ride off the backs of men SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME

freeride2

Here’s your Quote of the Day from the Men’s Rights subreddit. Well, not so much of THIS day as of a day four months ago, but, hey, I only discovered it today with the assistance of the AgainstMensRights subreddit. Bonus points if you can tell me what the hell a “public organ-orifice” is and/or how an AVALANCHE can “blare.”

MRsscamaro

Quite and excellent comment indeed!

And onward marches the World’s Greatest Guaranteed Top Quality Human Man Rights Man-Movement of the Twenty-First Century!

sceptinurse

I’m wondering about the cognitive “dissedence”.

aworldanonymous

EVOPSYCH RAGE!!!!!!

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Sometimes I borrow money from my partner. I’m so ashamed of my womanly freeloadingness 🙁

Shiraz

“That’s quite and excellent comment.”

Dipshit.

And the historical citations that leaped out of that “excellent comment” were glorious! Sarcasm off. He posted something he wants to believe and the grammar vandal wants to hear. Wow. It must feel good to get pats on the back all day long for being wrong and entitled.

Yellaine
Yellaine

When I was a child, I had indeed free ride on the back of my father, and I recently had one on the back of my little brother. They’re onto me!

Yellaine
Yellaine

I plan to invite my boyfriend to a restaurant in a few weeks, as to repair for what men have done for me.

TomBcat

And now I know that piggy back rides are evo psychs fault which must’ve existed since before the beginning of time.
And there I am, doubting my english skills when I read entries like this.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

So uhhh, the picture distracted me from caring about whatever inanity was in the MRA of the day. I always find it gratifying when I am reminded sex and kink wasn’t invented yesterday.If only we were better about passing such knowledge on…

Shiraz

When exactly was the “begining of time” anyway? And why does he think people existed the moment the universe popped into existence? Reverse sexism predated the dinosaurs, I suppose.

Howard Bannister

“Cognitive dissidence”

Oh, god, I’m laughing so hard…

nopestories
nopestories

Oh opium4themasses, you are such an inspiration to masochistic sickos everywhere.
I so checked my oppressive vanilla privilege.

TomBcat

I guess it wasn’t so much people, but the universal female forces dominating the male ones.
Which has to do with the psychology of evolution.

Hyena Girl

Soooo… pony play dates from the beginning of time? Not judging, just trying to figure out what he meant.

Howard Bannister

Oh, nopestories. Your tired and overused schtick is so utterly boring that I almost couldn’t be offended by the underlying nasty assholishness.

Try harder.

TomBcat

masochistic sickos…are those the guys who constantly come in here to get their asses kicked over and over again?

Freemage
Freemage

I ground to a halt for a moment at “getting a free-ride off the backs of men”. So if they were OFF the men’s backs, then who was giving them the free-ride?

Shiraz

Yeah. Too cheap to pay a Dom.

nopestories
nopestories

@TomBcat
Stop promoting the bullshit that bdsm has females as the dominant, when it is almost always the opposite.

You just want to pretend you rule with your girl powar!1 “LOOK AT ME, I WANT TO HURT PEOPLE AND CALL IT SEX! IM SO EMPOWERED!” (but again, its almost always the opposite, saying its females that abuse the males is just to make bdsm look cute and harmless)

You are all disgusting monkey’s

hellkell
hellkell

Quite and excellent comment

All you really need to know about the MRM right there.

Nopestories, it’s OK to know nothing about BDSM, but try not get your ignorance all over us and the carpet. It’s a bitch to get out.

hellkell
hellkell

Can we just not poke nopestories? He’s hardly a quality troll.

Karalora
Karalora

This is probably a stupid question with no answer, but I still have to wonder…what would it take to get these guys to acknowledge the work that women do, have always done, and will always do to contribute to society? I mean, let’s start with childcare–something that really does go back to “the beginning of time” (i.e. as long as humans have been around, and even longer). I forget which thread it was in, but someone here recently pointed out that if men figured out how to reproduce asexually, there would still be a need to take care of the clone-babies.

And those mammoths they’re oh-so-proud of…men may have hunted them, but who cooked them in order to make the meat soft enough to chew? Who dressed the hides so those mighty hunters wouldn’t freeze while they waited for the big hairy elephants to come galumphing along the glaciers? Who (probably) carted the bones off afterward so hyenas wouldn’t be attracted to the cave? If you assume the division of labor back at the Beginning of Time (TM) was roughly the same as it was in 1950s America, that is. And if it wasn’t, well, that just blows the entirety of evo-psych right out of the water, doesn’t it?

Shiraz

Nopey, your posts are so funny! That bit about “girl powar!1” and all that.

No seriously now, your posts are a mess. What the hell, lots of consenting adults enjoy bdsm. You’re talking about things you’ve never read about.

nopestories
nopestories

So i am ignorant because you just said so with nothing ells to say about it.
Okay, i am done now.

@ nopestories

nothing you just said made sense in any conceivable context, because it had nothing to do with anything I said about anything.
How am I supposed to answer if you don’t even try?
Context – how does it work?

hellkell
hellkell

Nopestories: you’re ignorant because you post a hot mess and expect us to make sense of your incoherence. Fuck off, I already have a job.

Bye. Stick the flounce.

Shiraz

“So i am ignorant because you just said so with nothing ells to say about it….”

I have more to say about it, would you like to hear?

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Okay, i am done now.

Promise?

You seem to assume that since we care about social justice (or, you know, our lives) here, we must all be Tumblr-style Sallies. You know Tumblr didn’t invent social justice, right? Protip: not everyone who uses words like “privilege” and “ablism” thinks vanilla privilege is a thing or that Otherkin are oppressed or whatever bullshit Tumblr is wanking about this week.

Creative Writing Student

I’m most amused by the dramatic use of mauve.

TomBcat

I thought vanilla privilege is kinda sorta a thing…
I’ve never been on tumblr though…

Shiraz

I didn’t know privilege tasted like vanilla.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Oh shit, I hope I didn’t open a can of worms with that one. Obviously kink and kinksters are marginalized and there can be devastating consequences to being outed, but I’m not sure if the privilege/oppression framework is the right way to approach that particular marginalization.

Hyena Girl

@nopestories
Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out cupcake.

TomBcat

If it does, I totally get why everyone wants to keep theirs.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

(I also kinda hate the term “vanilla” to describe non-kinky people, but that’s a whole other discussion)

Hyena Girl

I personally like the acronym YKIMKBYKIOK (Your kink isn’t my kink but your kink is okay.) (As for the word vanilla, I’ve got problems with it like I have with any minority group that falls into “We’re different but we’re better” line of thinking. Though I have pointed out that vanilla’s a pretty cool flavor into and of itself.)

@emilygoddess
no, no can, I actually just don’t know that much about it, so I wondered…I guess it is more about what one wants to call privilege. I had very particular scenarios in mind, and if one group has an advantage that shouldn’t exist one could call that a privilege.
/ramble
no worms anyway.

jrockford
jrockford

Cognitive dissidence really makes sense in the MRA framework, as their wars take place entirely within the strange thought experiments they construct in their head, rather than any real action or praxis.

mxe354

“Marxist policies”

Yay, another person who has no idea what Marxism is!

nopestories:

You don’t know that. And many women are presumed to be submissive even though they really aren’t. Likewise, many men are presumed to be dominant even though they really aren’t. Reality, unsurprisingly, is complex.

BDSM can be consensual you dumbass. No one here is advocating non-consensual BDSM (AKA another kind of sexual torture). You also have no idea why (nice) people engage in BDSM. They do so because it turns them on, not because they want to sexually abuse people.

You are all disgusting monkey’s
LOL at least you’re creative

TomBcat

Well…vanilla sounds like “the least exciting taste imaginable”…so…
also the lines between kinky and non kinky can be pretty blurry.

I feel like I’m posting everything I’m thinking today.

Hyena Girl

I’ve taken to calling pro-kink but non-kinky people “french vanilla”. Which is to say a really good but often underestimated taste.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

So I see that nopestories is trying very hard to upset people in an attempt to be excluded from the Wall of Blah. Sorry, kiddo, can’t escape your destiny.

Hyena Girl

Well at least nopestories didn’t stick the flounce.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

I think “vanilla” is an odd thing to say. Are there really vast swaths of people who desire nothing but mostly-silent PIV missionary*? Somehow I doubt it.

*the only non-kinky thing I could think of

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I’m still waiting for nopestories to finish that sentence. We are all monkey’s what? Monkey’s jesters?

I mean, I think there are valid discussions to be had about BDSM and how it’s shaped by patriarchy, but as a general rule if you can’t either refrain from calling people monkeys or at least generate coherent thoughts while doing so then you aren’t the person to be having those discussions.

RE: blaring avalanches, I think that’s what Inception is about?

WOOOOOM WOOOOOOM

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

There are all kinds of problems with the BSDM community, and I’d love to talk about them. Not with a particularly dim troll, though.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

nope’s like a very stupid parrot; he’s heard bits of real arguments, but he repeats them wrongly and at random.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

(I’m going to call him “nope” because he is literally too boring for me to remember his name.)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

My theory on this new wave of trolls is that their goal is to make commenting here so boring (because they think we have no other option than to patiently read all their babble) that everyone will give up and go home, thus no more mocking of misogyny.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Nope’s ‘nym is convenient in that it describes both what people say to themselves when they read zir nonsense and what they do right the fuck out of there immediately afterwards.

1 2 3 10