a woman is always to blame men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men patriarchy patronizing as heck rape culture we hunted the mammoth

Men’s Rights Redditor: “Women are like parasites.”

Some epic we-hunted-the-mammoth ranting from the Men’s Rights subreddit.

MRmenciv

I should note — before some angry MRA does — that the thread I found this in is devoted to an outrageously hateful and over-the-top “kill all men” rant someone posted as a comment on Pharyngula. Naturally, no one there agrees with “Etienne,” nor do I. Indeed, I don’t allow those kinds of comments here, but the plain fact is that I never, as in literally not once that I can remember, get comments like that from feminists. I do get plenty of violent comments from MRAs, though; in the past week alone I’ve censored comments from people who gave themselves the usernames rapeabitch, RapeMan, and Woman Beater.

Helen
Helen

Fuck, the barbarians are attacking again!. ACTIVATE THE MAN WALL!

Buttman
Buttman

I doubt that post was from a modern feminist. Feminists don’t want to kill all men. They want to enslave all men and have them do the menial jobs while the ladies run around and party. They much prefer the second class citizenry that MEN have been reduced to.

hellkell
hellkell

Guys, go opt out of civilization. You won’t be missed.

They’re like toddlers who threaten to run away, but only get as far as the backyard before they miss mommy.

hellkell
hellkell

He reiterates and revises? What the what? Somebody failed English.

Marie

I’d like to see these fools try to run a civilization without half the people.

cloudiah

Yonkers! That Pharyngula thread has over 1600 comments.

titianblue
titianblue

So, without men, civilisation would fall and all the woman would be victimised. By the non-civilised men. Who aren’t there because they left, causing civilisation to fall. Becasue the men were the only ones holding up civilisation.

Urm, I think I might have spotted a problem ….

Shiraz
Shiraz

That bit about the protection of an “average man.”
So the average man is James Bond? John Rambo? Conan the Barbarian?

I wonder if the writer is also fed up and tired of doing all the manly work of keeping society from coming to an end. Whew. Sounds like hard work. He must have an impressive resume.

titianblue
titianblue

Oh wait a minute – he means white men, doesn’t he? Because why be a misogynist when you can be a racist misogynist? Western white women are supposed to fall on our knees & thank him for keeping the African rapists at bay. /pukes

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Shorter MRA theory – We men are both the problem and the solution!

I guess we’re just supposed to overlook the part where he states that without someone standing in the way with a gun men will naturally tend to victimize others, or not consider that to be an anti-male perspective.

Shiraz
Shiraz

He also seems to think the worst thing a woman can do is construction work.

Historophilia

I’m sorry to de-rail and to be angling for sympathy but I had a really shitty thing happen today.

So I was waiting on the platform to get the tube home from work and it was quite crowded. While people were getting off the train I ended up at the front of the crowd and this person was pressed up directly behind me.

This was uncomfortable already as the etiquette if you end up directly behind someone pressed together in a crown is to stand at an angle to them so you’re not actually spooning them.

But this person didn’t and they were directly lined up behind me and I couldn’t move forward as there was a big stream people getting off the train in front of me and I was kind of in the way as it was as the whole crowd was pressed up behind me and no-one wanted to move backward.

So it was weird enough but then I felt them sliding their hands round my hips from behind.

So I pretty much jumped forward and luckily the everyone was off the train so I could get on and run down the other end of the carriage.

I didn’t see who it was and I’m still kind of doubting what I felt but I’ve been taking the tube for years and been in rush hour crowds countless times and I’ve never felt anything like that before. You get pressed up against people but I’ve never had anyone touch me like that in them. I don’t see how it could have been accidental.

So yeah, I know so many people have had far, far worse experiences, but I’ve never been groped on public transport before, harassed a few times yes but never touched.

I’m a bit shaken up, sorry to be a beg.

Marie

@Historophilia

Sorry that happened to you πŸ™ Internet hugs if you want them.

Andrew Johnston

Somehow, I don’t think the guy who wrote this is out felling the mighty redwood. The “hunting the mammoth” speaks screams overcompensation like nothing else.

titianblue
titianblue

@Historophilia Jedi hugs to you and may that creep be walking barefoot on lego for all eternity.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

For once their uselessness is a good thing then – I live in California and I’d rather everyone left our redwoods alone.

Fade
Fade

You’re not being a beg. Everyone needs to let off steam/talk to someone when something shitty like that happens.

I wish I had something good to say, but all I can do is offer jedi hugs if wanted and a video of a really impressive ice skater*. Keep your eyes open for the back flip at 3:25

*not the usual brain bleech, but all of my animal videos would be repeats since I get them from manboobz. XD

youtube.com/watch?v=rC7yJ4jez68

Anyway, sorry you had to go through that crap. Hope this is mild distracion. (That’s why we do brain bleeches, right?)

Fade
Fade

Curses teh embedding gods!

Here’s a normal link

Fade
Fade

… nevermind, it can evidently only work when I’m not trying

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

historophilia, are you implying that a manly man man didn’t manfully protect you in a civilized manly way? I thought us wimmenz were all safe because of men!

Andrew Johnston

@Historophilia: No need to apologize. Being groped is awful, no matter how sadly common it may be.

cloudiah

Historophilia, how upsetting! I would be shaken up too. More hugs are wafting your way.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Back to “you need us to defend you from us” again. That’s not a relationship, it’s a protection racket.

Hyena Girl
Hyena Girl

@ Historophilia
I’m sorry to hear that happened to you, zen hugs from me if you’d like them (the hugs I’d give if I was there but I’m not so I can’t). That said, frotteurs are and have always been a problem on mass transit. A problem that largely bases itself on taking advantage of the fact that most women are well socialized to avoid the embarrassment of saying anything. I had it happen to me once on the NY subway and ended up taking about five showers when I got home.

Tatjna
Tatjna

“Crawl on their hands and needs for hours working construction jobs.”

a) That dude has a funny idea of what construction entails.
b) Who cleaned the floors for most of history?

Historophilia

Thank you everyone, hugs and love back to all.

And yes Bagelsan I am indeed, clearly the collapse of civilization and the apocalypse is upon us. All hail Tacgnol, Basement Cat, the Anti Christ, Fenrir, Loki etc. etc.

Historophilia

And to everyone, I always welcome hugs from lovely people such as yourselves.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“So construction is when you crawl around patting down the carpet and putting in the occasional nail if necessary, right? Not sure why they make us wear these hardhats and steel-toed boots.”

hellkell
hellkell

Historophilia: hugs, that is gross, and I’m sorry you had to deal with that.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Historophilia – all the hugs from Himself, the kitties, the doggies and me! Repeating what everyone said, you’re not being a beg and that was horrible.

May all his milk turn sour forever. May he find half a worm in every apple he eats. May he crap legos and find no laxatives on sale anywhere.

AK
AK

Hugs from me, Historophilia. Don’t doubt yourself…that sounds completely intentional, and very icky. πŸ™

Paladin
Paladin

Re: this dude’s comments about the women’s city in Africa. He’s never actually been to the developing world, has he? Because women there do all that, and then some. When I was in Tunisia this summer, one of the things I noticed is that in many cases, the women were the productive members of society. They were the ones weaving rugs and making handicrafts, taking care of livestock, and especially toiling in the fields-in at least one of the towns I worked in, the vast majority of agricultural labor was done by women, while the men spent all day lounging around cafes.

cloudiah

I’m not on Twitter much, but apparently #SafetyTipsForLadies is pretty funny.

Historophilia, if you need a laugh, consider #3 on the list.

Historophilia

I love all you guys, as soon as a clever boffin invents a way to send baked goods via the internet their will be goodies winging their way to all of you.

Specialties include Lemon Drizzle Cake, Double Chocolate Cake, Lactose-Free Flapjacks and Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies.

Gluten free baked goods can be arranged as soon as I get the recipes off my old boss at the bakery/cafe I used to work at.

Make your choice! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜›

hellkell
hellkell

Anything with lemon!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Double Chocolate Cake!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

And Sir’s put in a request for the Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies.

cloudiah

I … don’t understand why we have to choose. ALL THE BAKED GOODS! πŸ˜€

DataWeasel

I reiterate, and revise many women NEED men.

And perhaps many fish need bicycles?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Of course he’d never admit that men need women.

“Reiterate and revise” – ah, that’s almost worthy of Steele.

princessbonbon

@Historophilia giant vegan or nonvegan as your choice of warm cookies.

Historophilia

Requests duly noted. Cloudiah I could do you mini versions of each so you can try them all πŸ˜›

And Kitteh, La France’s order is also noted, but he should be aware that I am very fond of oatmeal and raisin cookie so they might get eaten before they can be internet-ed to him πŸ˜›

I’ll just have to make LOTS!

He’s never admit the very strong possibility that agriculture was invented by women, ditto basket weaving, pottery, textiles etc.

Basically all the things that have made civilization possible.

Oh and on a personal level he needs women.

As a baby his arse was probably wiped by a woman and when he’s 90 and needs personal care and help his arse will still most likely be wiped by a woman.

If he’s in hospital unable to feed or clean himself the person who does those things for him will probably be a woman.

The person who taught him to read and write and count was probably a woman.

So yeah…

Historophilia

Princessbonbon, I can do vegan cookies, I’ll just need to go find a recipe!

Though if you’re offering them to me I will take either as is convenient for the baker. I wouldn’t like to make someone buy animal products when that is against their personal convictions.

princessbonbon

oh yes, I was offering because of your nasty no good very upsetting experience. Sometimes a warm cookie is nice to have.

TomBcat
TomBcat

I’m gonna jump in here out of nowhere and say that “MEN are the light!” doesn’t sound like a god complex at all.
But since they are also glue and a wall I’m sure MacGyver could probably invent a digital bakery with those.

Historophilia

It is much appreciated, warm cookies are always good. Especially with icecream, vegan or otherwise.

BtOC
BtOC

Historiphilia-

I’m so sorry that happened, I that creeps think they have the right to another person’s body. Seconding the Internet baked goods, from Rockwells, as I am not an accomplished baker.

These guys need to wake up. Their belief that they built civilization is laughable. I’ve been on construction jobs and whiners like these MRA’s would be sent packing after one day, if that.

Creative Writing Student

@Historophilia

Sorry to hear about your experience – those guys are the worst πŸ™ I don’t have baked goods, but I can offer cute/funny Maru videos?

TomBcat
TomBcat

I’m very sorry this happened as well.
no matter how much you doubt yourself in moments like these, seeking out safety is never unjustified, it’s always easy to feel unsure afterwards.

(not sure if I should chime in as a newbie, but I got offered hugs, so I’m gonna spread them from now on)

Thanks BtOC πŸ™‚

Yeah, and if they had to do the sort of work health care assistants and carers for the elderly have to do they’d be running screaming for the hills.

Oh and in my post of 6.39 pm I should make it clear that I am not talking about Mr Kitteh! πŸ˜›

1 2 3 5