antifeminism armageddon entitled babies evil women harassment incoherent rage man strike men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men oppressed white men racism the tech sector

Women are Deadly to Hire: The Spearhead’s Many Misogynists Weigh in on Adria Richards

The tech sector fighting off feminism (artist's conception).
The tech sector fighting off feminism (artist’s conception).

So we’ve been talking a lot about the MRA response to the Adria Richards firing over the past few days, but (like a lot of the regulars here, I suspect) I’ve had one lingering question in my mind: what does eminent MRA philosopher Cooter Bee think about all of this? Well I am pleased to report that Mr. Bee has finally weighed in on the subject in a comment over on The Spearhead.

Always a model of thoughtfulness and restraint, Mr. Bee suggests that the best way to deal with the problem of women in technology – rightfully a man’s place – is for men in tech to go on a giant man strike until civilization starts to crumble:

Tech makes female jobs possible. Feminism couldn’t manage without tech. Would it be possible to attack tech and bring it down?

Not talking attack as in military operation but perhaps key males within the industry could be recruited and persuaded not to produce. After all, does anybody really think that any of the current fruits of civilization come from the female mind? Agitate against HB1 visa’s to further weaken it. Eventually, government and other powder puff industries won’t able to replace their dilapidated equipment. Where will the make-work female jobs go when there are no computers? The police state? How effective can it be with pencil, paper and shoe leather alone?

Other Spearheaders have equally enlightened and enlightening thoughts on the matter. Richard attacks women for both getting jobs in technology and for (allegedly) preferring doctors and lawyers over tech geeks.

Women are deadly to hire. Women really have no place in tech. Harsh? Perhaps.

But imagine if all the man-hours (perhaps billions worth) that has gone into soothing (the ultimately un-soothable) grrrrls’ feelings rather than genuine productivity.

And for all the women who hate the sexist men in tech, what about the sexist discrimination by women against tech men vs. say lawyers or doctors?

I’m not quite sure how not liking sexist men in tech counts as sexist discrimination, but I have to admit that I am baffled by some of the more sophisticated forms of MRA logic.

Another commenter who goes by the name David F – and whom I should point out is NOT ME NO WHY DOES HE CALL HIMSELF THAT UGH UGH IT MAKES ME EMBARRASSED FOR ALL DAVIDS WHOSE LAST NAMES START WITH AN F WAIT WHAT WAS I TALKING ABOUT SORRY THIS SENTENCE HAS GOTTEN AWAY FROM ME. Anyway, David F Who is Not Me repeats and elaborates upon an argument first made by Daflory over on A Voice for Men, which makes me think that they are in fact the same person and that David F’s last name is Flory (not Futrelle I repeat NOT Futrelle):

No one ever told Adria Richards that she was at best only an tolerated guest in the world of tech, and she could either play by male rules and contribute, or get lost. Hopefully other feminists in tech will get a similar message.

This and the Anita Sarkeesian affair suggests that hatred for feminism runs very deep in the tech world, and that a great many men and boys are willing and able to protect their domain against hostile intruders. The white-knight tech articles have made themselves ridiculous from the flood of hostile comments they generate. I think it is only a matter of time before some tech sites throw feminism under the bus. It’s not as if they really need women for anything, and if tech writers come to accept that they won’t get sex by pandering to women, what else do they have to lose?

Opus – who I am pretty sure is not actually the penguin from Bloom County – wonders why useless women go to conferences in the first place, and comes up with this explanation:

I can only conclude that women attend conferences for the purpose of being outraged and to shame any unsuspecting male. Is it any wonder men seek to work in female-free environments if at all possible.

Former Man Boobz Troll of the Year NWOslave steps up with some observations that may bring back fond memories of his many contributions to the discourse here at Man Boobz:

Western women, at least in the social media circles, seem to be hell bent on proving women have the mental and emotional fortitude of a four year old girl. Adria Richards and the media backlash is clear proof that women are incapable of functioning more than an arms length from the safety of the nest.

Joeb, meanwhile, offers these cogent thoughts:

The 800 LBs feminist beast in the room is; This women (Adria Richards) is not there to conform to Company norms and a real life work scenario .

She wants to work on her own terms . Off course those terms are the void of all physical and mentally tiring duty’s like actual work .

Its like this , Iv seen Feminist tech write blogs about tech Jobs not because they where technicians , They write blogs because they failed out of the technician Jobs . ( there opinion is useless )

Women want the administration duty’s of the Job but , The power structure changes when you have well trained men doing the work .

You can’t have a women with a BA from POO dunk business college telling a male scientist from MTI how to do his JOB .

Its another feminist leach on the privet sector . Get to many of these leaches and it sucks the life from the Corp.

After reading all these very thoughtful comments from the Spearhead men — and I didn’t even include the openly racist ones or the ones that used the c-word —  I’m not sure how anyone could doubt male superiority, in tech and in everything else.

This post may contain some

titianblue
titianblue

Its another feminist leach on the privet sector

Keep those women out of the shrubbery!

Marie

Yay, new article! (Feel free to ignore me, I’m kinda weird and emotional now).

The quoted dudes were so boring I kind of skimmed. Can’t people ever be original in their misogyny?

Sorry if those guys are trying to impersonate you David 🙁 Or maybe just a coincidence, idk.

Buttman
Buttman

We’re past the point where hiring a female is a good business decision. Between the lawsuits for harassment, the weeks taken off per month for menstruation, and paying for a woman to sit at home with a baby, it is a fiscal disaster. Men have just as many problems working in female dominated industries. The paedophobes are always attacking male teachers, caretakers, and bus drivers.

Graham
Graham

lol @titianblue

Laudanum (@MsLaudanum)

I am in a perpetual state of facepalm in despair of these idiot MRA’s.

SaltPickles
SaltPickles

What do these people do all day? With their bizarre ideas about women’s jobs, and women only dating male models, and most women being feminist conservatives for traditional marriage, they seem to have so little interaction with the real world I can’t work out how they learned to type. (Although, looking at the extracts above…).

LBT
LBT

For people identifying as tech workers, apparently they’ve never heard of fucking Ada Lovelace. *eyeroll* And I’m not even a student of proper women’s history! Eesh.

Never mind I read ‘technology’ as including such things as, you know, rakes and shovels and crap. Which obviously no woman could ever invent, because women have never invented anything.

Really, it’s amazing I can even USE this computer, what with those evil ovaries fucking with my pristine manmind. But oh no! I’m just an artist!

I AM THE CULTURAL DOWNFALL!

hellkell

Hi, NWO! Glad to see your still an unpleasant gasbag.

I wonder what industry Joeb works in with that atrocious spelling of his. These guys are pearly clutching over a loss of privilege I’m not sure many of them ever had.

AK
AK

SaltPickles, that’s what I wonder as well…reading the comments I was thinking, “Have these guys ever actually *met* a woman?” It’s not just a hateful worldview, it’s literally delusional.

Also LOLing at the “women are sexist because they don’t date sexist guys” bit. How can you even write that seriously?

hellkell

Reading MRA “writing” really jacks up your own. Pearly clutching?

Marie

Also LOLing at the “women are sexist because they don’t date sexist guys” bit.

Haha. In my skimming I somehow missed that. My only logic is if all guys are sexist and also for some reason women owe men sex.

Which is kinda mra world view anyway.

hellkell

I love how they write like tech is some feminist stronghold already. I fucking wish.

Do Re

I’ve been looking but I can’t find the joke that was made, was it actually sexist? The closest I’ve come is “big dongles”.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

What are they worried about? Aren’t all men working down in mammoth mines already? I’d have thought that left no one but the women to do the cushy jobs like IT.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Its another feminist leach on the privet sector

Keep those women out of the shrubbery!

cloudiah

I was hoping you’d cover the Spearboys.
JohntheOtter also has kind of a good example up where he tries to be all menacing but then mentions kangaroos.

Creative Writing Student

@cloudiah

Are they evil misandrist feminist kangaroos with box cutters?

reginaldgriswold
reginaldgriswold

So … tech is a feminist stronghold, yet these guys feel confident to lie in basically every comments section on basically every feminist site that has covered the issue in order to say that dong and fork are just technical terms. A lot of us are techies, which you’d think they would expect if tech is overrun with feminists. We know that these are technical terms. But also that they’re funny sounding and that people joke about them.

But here I am trying to apply logic to these douches. I should know better.

Bagelsan

My dad told me the joke was along the lines of “I’d like to fork that repo!*” and the response was “is your dongle big enough for that?” …essentially.

*meaning receptacle — both terms are standard-use tech terms as well as being, apparently, hilarious sexual innuendos

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

They claim to be working in tech, so it’s quite possible they haven’t.

There’s only two women developers at my company but I respect their competence more than some of the men, let me tell you. We have a relatively equitable hiring policy and even then most of the other women were relegated to the QA track… even then, it should necessitate no precision of the kind but apparently to a lot of MRAs it is necessary to do so, they are extremely competent at what they do and they are key players in the company.

Bagelsan

And I told my dad that “fork” can be used in place of “fuck”, which he hadn’t known. It was a veritable cultural exchange. :p

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

The jokes are typical frat boy sex innuendos except with techie terms, and the reason they were using them is that there’s a “locker room” type of attitude in the tech world.

Bagelsan

It’s interesting to get the opinion of non-misogynist tech guys; they might not hate women, but many seem to be utterly baffled about where sexism has a role in this whole snafu. They don’t get why Adria might have had it up to *here* with stupid jokes already, and just got sick of it.

Bagelsan

(I’m generalizing from my dad a bit, who’s usually pretty on-point with these things but who definitely is having a not-getting-it moment of male techie blissful ignorance.)

cloudiah

Also POO dunk business college made me lol.

pillow in hell

So these guys want to sit on their thumbs until technology breaks down. Sounds a lot like how sexist men deal with housework, really. And guess what? Women and men who aren’t sexist will simply carry on, without them.

So really, MRAs can have their little sit out tantrum, and life will be easier to deal with for the men and women who can work together and get the job done.

Sounds like a win win scenario to me. Just think of all those job openings, and how eager employers in the tech sector will be to train new people. Especially those who don’t exhibit problematic isms!

Bee
Bee

Oh no. They’ve heard of her.

The Honourable Ada Byron – brought up by a single Mum – was introduced to Mr Charles Babbage. He invited her round to his place to see his Universal Difference Engine. Ada thereafter agreed to take notes of Babbage’s lectures and cut the cucumber-sandwiches. This is how a woman becomes the founding figure in programming.

raegus
raegus

Ah I see. I’d be on her side if it had been sexist jokes (even if I personally thought they were harmless) but those kind of jokes? Amongst themselves as well? I think she overreacted.

raegus
raegus

Why has my name changed?

hellkell

Also POO dunk business college made me lol.

I guess I went to a POOdunk liberal arts college, then. Only not.

hellkell

cloudiah: he also flubbed MIT. Joeb isn’t the the sharpest knife.

pillow in hell

Actually, I’d really like these idiots follow through on their boycott society plans for once, just to see what percentage of the population they are.

And to watch them cry when they realize that, yup, they really are NOT necessary to the proper functioning of society.

pillow in hell

Since when do women get weeks off for menstruating each month? How many weeks each month do we get?

I think someone has best refer this dude to a biology textbook.

Bagelsan

MGTOW? G(eeks)GTOW? I hate to see them go, but I love to watch them walk away! …No, wait, reverse that.

Bagelsan

I thought women got every week off except when we’re menstruating, so that we can come into the office and act like crazy bitches? SO BAFFLED.

pillow in hell

Lol! Bagelsan. Nice turn around of a sexist joke.

Buttman
Buttman

“The worse part, though, is that those jokes were NOT FUNNY. I mean, if you’re going to be an asshole, be a funny asshole.”

The worst part is that these guys weren’t attractive. The jokes are hilarious and the guys are cute if she finds them attractive. It’s a perfect example of “creep theory”.

hellkell

pillow in hell: I’d like to see them leave too. I have a feeling we won’t be missing much.

pillow in hell

Dammit bagelsan! I’ve been doin it all rong! Here I was working six days a week every week!

Who in the hivemind do I complain about this to?

Marie

Dang, I totally skimmed, cuz I missed this too! XD Wouldn’t that vary a lot depending on the woman, whether she’s on birth control, whether she even gets periods, random chance, ect. It seems unreliable. 😛 God, mra’s, your world sounds too complicated.

valeriansneakypants
valeriansneakypants

I was previously unaware that all nurses were male because periods and babies make women too unreliable to do real work.

Thanks for enlightening me, MRA’s.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Maybe the women are doing all the admin jobs because they can actually spell and manage basic grammar? Just a thought.

Its another feminist leach on the privet sector

This is much funnier if you speak a little Russian.

pillow in hell

Butthead, in what universe does a man pay his wife/ mother of his child to sit at home with the baby? The only financial disaster there is that women are typically given room and board when they stay home, and they sure as hell aren’t being paid the fair market value of their labour.

Or are you refering to poor moms? Moms who more likely than not would love to have a paid job, but don’t have their own wife to watch the kids while they go to work?

nerdypants
nerdypants

Tech MRAs going Galt? Please do!

titianblue you made me snicker 🙂

(Testing what html is accepted in comments: test1 test2)

nerdypants
nerdypants

I’m sorry, but Joeb’s just killing me here.

The 800 LBs lbs feminist beast in the room is; that This this women woman (Adria Richards) is not there to conform to Company company norms and a real-life work scenario. She wants to work on her own terms. Off Of course, those terms are the void devoid of all physical and mentally tiring duty’s duties like actual work.

Its It’s like this; Iv I’ve seen Feminist techies write blogs about tech Jobs jobs not because they where technicians, They write blogs but rather because they failed out of the their own technician Jobs jobs; ( there their opinion is useless. )

Women want the administration duty’s duties of the Job job but , The the power structure changes when you have well-trained men doing the work.

You can’t have a women with a BA from POO dunk business college Poo Dunk Business College telling a male scientist from MTI MIT how to do his JOB.

Its It’s another feminist leach leech on the privet private sector. Get to too many of these leaches leeches and it sucks the life from the Corp. corporation.

There, the universe feels right again. I can go do some work.

hellkell

Buttman: don’t you have some dubious donations to make rather than “talk” to us?

Marie

@nerdypants

That looks like it took a while XD I’ve never tried to correct mra grammar. (though mine’s not so good either, but I hope at least I’m understandable.

deniseeliza
deniseeliza

weeks taken off per month for menstruation

I could get time off for my period? Is it paid time off?

Why didn’t the HR lady tell me about this? This is awesome! I get the next few days off!

nerdypants
nerdypants

Marie: Thank you for patience with my need to get that out of my system 🙂 Though it was pretty quick because I did it using some macros in Vim. That I, a woman, used my tech skills to do it makes it feel all the more satisfying.

Andrew Johnston

Oh Buttman, you are such a ray of sunshine.

the weeks taken off per month for menstruation

Assuming you mean weeks per year, I have to ask – is this a common MRA belief? If so, it really reinforces my belief that most MRAs have never held down a job. All it would take is a short temp gig in an office to realize that, no, women don’t disappear for 3-5 days a month.

@pillow in hell: He’s talking about maternity leave, a popular boogeyman. You know those frivolous women, taking time off to perpetuate the species.

1 2 3 6