a woman is always to blame douchebaggery drama kings evil women grandiosity harassment hypocrisy imaginary oppression men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men oppressed white men PUA rape rhymes with roosh taking pleasure in women's pain

Men’s Rights Redditors team with PUA douchebag Roosh V to raise money for alleged victims of feminism

femfund

Men! Worried that eveil feminists will destroy your life and your financial future because, apparently, they have that power and love to destroy men’s lives for fun?

Fear no more, because Reddit’s Men’s Rightsers have your back! Mods of Reddit’s RedPill subreddit have started something called the Feminist Victims Fund, which will enable brave freedom fighters to send what will inevitably be a tiny amount of money to that dude who got fired after Adria Richards complained about a sexist joke he made, even though it wasn’t Richards who fired him and indeed she’s said she hopes he gets hired back!

Make sure you donate now, because Reddit’s MRAs will soon grow bored with this bold initiative and it will be completely forgotten, much like the massive Sink Misandry protest in Washington DC last year which actually didn’t even happen, come to think of it.

Here’s the pitch:

Feminism has caused some serious changes to our culture, to our society, and to our lives. We focus on some that are affected more than others, and we give back.

Our goal is to encourage men to speak out, to be men, to not fear oppression and enjoy their freedom of speech. Unfortunately in today’s climate, being a man has become a financial liability. Say the wrong thing in the wrong place and you can find your entire life ruined. Destroyed.

Feminists have fought for equality, but now they’re out for our rights.

They’re destroying us financially. They’re trying to tear apart our families.

We’re saying that enough is enough. No longer should men fear masculinity. No longer should speaking up risk a man his job, career, or family.

It’s time to rise up against the tyranny. It’s time to tell men it’s ok to speak up. We’re here for you. This is the Feminist Victims Fund.

Did I mention that you can donate using BITCOIN? In case you were worried that this thing wasn’t Reddity enough.

As Buzzfeed notes, one of the “board members” of the new fund is pickup guru and predatory douchebag misogynist Roosh V. On his blog yesterday, Roosh happily celebrated the harassment and vilification of Adria Richards in a post with the lovely title “American Feminist Adria Richards Gets Gang Raped By The Internet.”

Speaking of rape, Roosh is also the author of a booklet titled Bang Iceland, in which he admits that, well, he’s kind of a rapist himself. Buzzfeed quotes this rather revealing passage from the book, in which Roosh recalls a “date” he had in Iceland:

While walking to my place, I realized how drunk she was. In America, having sex with her would have been rape, since she legally couldn’t give her consent. It didn’t help matters that I was relatively sober, but I can’t say I cared or even hesitated. I won’t rationalize my actions, but having sex is what I do.

What a humanitarian.

marinerachel
marinerachel

Based on what I read in that timeless thread, NWO kinda of seemed like the sort of person who would poop their pants if Obama was re-elected (by which I mean he reminds me of the last guy I dated. I’ve stayed very single for the last year because I need to work on myself in a big way.)

I made zucchini quiche mid-last week. I peeled the zucchini before grating it. My preference. Those skin are still sitting in my kitchen garbage. Gross. That one’s for you, NWO.

Fade
Fade

Zucchini quiche sounds so yummy. I mean, I like zucchini and I like quiche…

@freemage

Yay! I hope you had a good weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Seconding fade that zucchini quiche sounds yummy.

Cannonball

Hey you all, thanks for the welcome! I probably won’t comment here an awful lot because I’m a little intimidated. I’m far to slow to keep up with you all!

I’m not going to attempt to circumnavigate the block quotes monster so if you want you can take a deep breath and..

@Marie, thanks for the welcome, queer chick to queer chick, you don’t ramble and it’s always a pleasure to read your posts. You are so much braver then me!

@The Kittehs’ Unpaid Help, I did my secondary school special study on your Hubby! Thanks for your welcome and let him know he got a very awkward thing through the worst of it.

@Hellkell, My dissertation is on the disconnect between actual mens issues and what they seem to believe are mens issues.Everything is a womans fault,which is a stance you all know. It all just boils down to.. LOUD NOISES!!!! My research has sort of taken me into the femras which is far more chilling.

Cannonball

Argenti Aertheri MMMM whiskey, blunts the pain when I head- desk my key-bored.

@cannonball

Wow thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ I am blushing right now. I hope (if you want to) you comment more. It’s a little intimidating at first, but imo, you get used to it soon ๐Ÿ™‚

@cannonball

*sympathies* I’ve face palmed so hard I hurt my head before. Granted, I get head aches really easily, but still XD

hellkell
hellkell

Cannonball: the FeMRAs give me chills too. I know they think they’re special, but I don’t know how they can hold the cognitive dissonance they do. One wrong word and POOF they are out of the boy’s treehouse, and it won’t be pretty.

@Marie

Thanks! You all are impressive, I’m far too slow! But thanks for being kind *nervous in the corner with their whiskey*

Cannonball

@Hellkell That is exactly it. One wrong word you are are whore, you deserve the slurs, the threats. What is tha disconnect? You don’t kowtow well .. I get so angry but then I come here and look at brain bleach and life is breathable again.

Marie

I don’t get the disconnect there either. :/ Brain bleach nice though.

OT ish, but do you guys have any advice for dealing w/ misogynists in non-interent? Maybe I’m just trying to rant here, can’t tell, so feel free to ignore this.

Speaking of brain bleach, I’m playing with one of my guinea pigs ๐Ÿ˜€ I should post pictures when I get some, they are so cute!

hellkell
hellkell

Marie: what kind of meatspace misogyny is this?

Argenti Aertheri

Cannonball — then here, have some Jameson’s, you’ll need it if you see my recent comment on the necro’ed thread *passes bottle*

@hellkell

My dad’s fiance ๐Ÿ™ Not noticeable most of the time, but when she is it’s ugh >:( And he’s going to move in with her in June. And if you try to bring it up around her she just keeps defending it, and then insisting she’s not being sexist.

Exs I can remember (paraphrased):
I’m not sexist, I don’t hateall women
I’m just saying boys and girls are different, I’m not saying it’s in a
bad way

Any advice anyone has to give is appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

hellkell
hellkell

When she spouts that shit, don’t engage, just give her a “Wow” and change the subject. She’ll soon learn that she can’t get a rise out of you if you stop making it fun for her.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@The Kittehsโ€™ Unpaid Help, I did my secondary school special study on your Hubby! Thanks for your welcome and let him know he got a very awkward thing through the worst of it.

WHOOOT!

He’s smiling, btw. ๐Ÿ™‚

(You can just call me Kittehs, if you like. Save them keystrokes!)

Cannonball

Serious Irish catholic misogyny right here. My cousins father called her a feminist ballbuster just because she wants to double-barrel her surname. Refuses to walk her down the aisle because she’s having a civil ceremony not a church one. I feel you.

Cannonball

@ Kittehs Thanks and he is all sorts of awesome!

hellkell
hellkell

Marie: you won’t change her mind, but you can take away whatever she gets out of the interaction.

cloudiah

Cannonball, welcome & your research sounds fascinating/terrifying. Fascifying? Terrinating? Anyway, have some whiskey.

Marie, I like hellkell’s advice. Especially with family. Boy have I had to use that approach with my cousin’s husband on many occasions, starting with the dinner when I first met him where he raised a toast to apartheid. (And then was like, “Why are you so uptight? I’m just kidding.”) Once I realized he was really just doing the in-person version of trolling I decided to mostly starve him of attention.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::purr purr purr::

Cannonball has friend for life ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh gawd, your cousin’s father sounds like a douche. An iggerant douche. He should be reminded that that other extremely Catholic country, Spain, does double-barrelled names.

cloudiah

And Marie, I WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR GUINEA PIGGIES. Piggies are so cute. They’re like potatoes but with cute little feet and squeaks and fur and twitchy noses.

Cannonball

Thank you cloudiah, I feel like I’m being cr**py if I say I love your blog! The research has lead to public sneers, a raised eyebrow here and there. Still not so progressive.

@hellkell

thanks for advice. though sadly I’m not sure if it’s the kind I’m looking for. The problem is I’m not sure if she gets a rise out of it, she just ends up randomly saying something sexist and when me or my sister points it out she gets all defensive. Idk I’m rambling. I just wish everyone would hold hands and love each other.

I guess my main problem is I feel like to really trust people I have to be able to be myself around them. I mean, for example, here if someone says something douchey they get called out on it, and everyone doesn’t necessarily agree but people (or at least I) feel like I can speak up about it. It’s not so ‘this is the third time today she’s made gender essentialist comment and it’s really bothering me but I don’t want to start a fight.’ So I guess I just wish meatspace* were more like here XD Idk, I’m kinda sensitive. *shrugs*

My sister earlier said we should do mutual twin glare XD And right now when she was reading this. “Are we going to be following the wow advice? Because if so, we should practice our mutual wows so we can get the most scorn into each wow”

*who said meatspace? I like it better than ‘non-internet’ that I use. I can’t articulate why, it just seems like a better description. I mean, plenty of things are not on the internet XD

Boy have I had to use that approach with my cousinโ€™s husband on many occasions, starting with the dinner when I first met him where he raised a toast to apartheid. (

Wow O_o Sorry you have to be around those guys. Suddenly my family seems like saints, the most I have to deal with in that area is the ‘color blind’ brand of racism.

Cannonball

@Kittehs’ Right! My cat is called Louis by the way. Yeah he is the worst sort of person. He still gives me bible excerpts even though I’ve been out for 15 years. Sigh. Sorry, am I butting in? Don’t want to be annoying.

@cannonball

Serious Irish catholic misogyny right here. My cousins father called her a feminist ballbuster just because she wants to double-barrel her surname. Refuses to walk her down the aisle because sheโ€™s having a civil ceremony not a church one. I feel you.

Wow. Sorry to hear about that :/

Just curious, why the asteriks on creepy? /nosy

@cloudiah

I will post guinea pig pics when I get them ๐Ÿ˜€ My mom and I took a couple with her phone but she hasn’t emailed me them yet, I hoping to take some better ones soon. And, imo, guinea pigs are *much* cuter in videos or in person than pictures. For some reason I never thought they were much cute till I saw them in the store.

@cannonball

Imo, you aren’t butting in ๐Ÿ™‚ Are you out of church, or totally out of religion (or in a different one)? You don’t have to answer if you’d rather not, I’m just curious. Either way it’s squidgy sending you bible excerpts, not sure what he’s trying to accomplish.

Now I feel like all my family problems are really minor…

@Marie

Most mras consider creepy a shaming term up there with the worst of all we are called as women. Yup they are tiresome.

cloudiah

Marie, piggies are particularly cute when they’re in your hands. ๐Ÿ˜€ My first pet was a guinea pig named Whiskers. And I don’t have to deal with that particularly offensive relative very often, but you’ll all be glad to know he holds elective office! Just a local position, but still…

Cannonball, it is FINE to love my blog, which after all just showcases the wit and wisdom of manboobzers. I’m really due for another post, but er, I’ve had a spot of wine and I don’t think I can be trusted.

@cannonball

ah that explains XD I think I’ve heard that one before. Cr**py. Creepy. Hm. Which one do you think an mra would rather see least*? Aaaaand I should go to bed soon because I am focusing on the most random things today.

*neither, because they’re both calling him out on his bad behavior.

Cannonball

@Marie Your Family issues are just as valid. Hell it’s my first time here and I’m spilling my guts! I’m an atheist but my family is super catholic. With capes and everything.

cloudiah

Cannonball, now I am picturing your family as Catholic superheroes.

@cloudiah

That sounds like such nice first pet. <3 My first pets were fish XD (and I'm one of those fish-haters. Not when I had them, obviously.)

Also, ew on your relative being in office ๐Ÿ™ It's like 'whyyyy' Good to know that you don't have to be around him that much though.

Also, reposting w/ my sister permission our conversations* on how to deal w/ it:

fade: We should just do that wow thing, or when she says something is a fact, say citation needed.
me: but I don't have glitter to throw when we say it.

fade: you should do that 'yeah right' sound you used to do.

Sadly, it's been a while since I did it, since I stopped when she said it bugged her XD

*because I am way too easily amused.

Cannonball

@cloudiah Wine is the best lubricant (ew) for creativity! really sorry for butting in though.

Argenti Aertheri

In person trolling failingโ€ฆmy brother put a stuffed squirrel on my head while I was buying aquarium sand, his best friend commented that he really is trolly. Yep, but it’s fucking harmless (and funny, he was trying to squeak it and it was broke, so he just plopped it on my head)

Apartheid toasts a not trolly, they’re just asshole. *toasts in honor of all the toast burnt over the years* <– how you troll a toast

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Cannonball, you aren’t butting in! Conversations criss-cross all over the place here, that’s normal. Like derails. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cool name for your kitty, give him an extra scritch from us! Prolly silly question, but did you name him for Sir?

Marie, seconding the call for guinea pig pics, and this – “My sister earlier said we should do mutual twin glare”

::dies::

I’m seeing you two making it as scary as the twins from The Shining.

Cannonball

See I’m so slow. Their superpowers include ignoring what is right in front of their face, casual racism and the ability to make cannon shoot flames from her ears in rage.

@cannonball

@Marie Your Family issues are just as valid. Hell itโ€™s my first time here and Iโ€™m spilling my guts! Iโ€™m an atheist but my family is super catholic. With capes and everything.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ In my mind I sort of get that, but it’s hard to feel it. Nothing wrong with spilling your guts, one of the beginning threads I started posting on I dumped my angsty backstory on everyone ๐Ÿ˜›

Good luck with your family, if they’re giving you crap about it.

Cannonball

@Kitteh yep, she’s a she and she is Louis. I know. I’m a little off.

Argenti Aertheri

“Derail: my mom got us a fish tank with three fish and a snail. The fish all died within a month but the snail lived for six more years. That was one tough snail.”

Sounds like new tank syndrome — a fancy way to say you have ammonia and no bacteria to nom on it. Snails are far less affected by ammonia.

My big cranky plec is like 13~14, I’ve had him ~5 years, a old snail seems like a joy compared to a cantankerous foot like catfish!

@kittehs

Sadly I have never seen the shining, so I don’t know how to be a scary twin. XD

@cannonball

See Iโ€™m so slow. Their superpowers include ignoring what is right in front of their face, casual racism and the ability to make cannon shoot flames from her ears in rage.

Casual racism would be a good ability not to have. Same for the first one. I have not yet determined the usefulness of shooting rage cannon flames from the ears yet.

cloudiah

Cannonball, you’re not butting in! It’s kind of impossible to butt in here, unless you’re a troll.

@argenti aertheri

10 years later and I finally figured out what killed our first fish XD

cloudiah

Marie, here are the twins from The Shining (warning: some gore):

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Apologies to kitty, Cannonball!

::swoons for kitty named for Sir::

PS you know you’re gonna have* to post links to pics of her, don’t you? It’s that or be sacrificed to the Blockquote Monster.

*not really, only if you want to. ๐Ÿ™‚

Argenti Aertheri

Marie — I’m the resident aquarist and HTML person (or wizard, depending who you ask XD )

Now if I could just figure out what cranky is cranky about!

Cannonball

Still a little gunshy! I have my grandmothers Koi who is 16 years old in a massive tank,she is much like her owner in that she is a little shy. Any tips for what I could put in there with her?

@cloudiah

So that is them. To do that, we will need to practice our synchronized, blank voices.

Marie

PS you know youโ€™re gonna have* to post links to pics of her, donโ€™t you? Itโ€™s that or be sacrificed to the Blockquote Monster.

So that’s why it’s been coming after me more recently. Too long commenting and I haven’t posted a guinea pig pic XD

I’ll just…watch everyone talk about fish. I know nothing about fish.

Argenti Aertheri

Cannonball — afaik koi are the only reaally appropriate “tank” mates for koi. Get her a friend? Could try luring native frogs to come chill at your pond, but she may just ignore them.

Seriously plec, why are you eating the surface, the weather’s dandy, your tank is clean, you just feeling cranky?