I am making a joke oppressed men PUAhate

Mea Culpa: It turns out that women really DO hate short men

328998169_a6d9e1a2d1

I didn’t realize it, but as these panels from a Doll Man comic book make clear, women really don’t like short men. Or at least really, really, really short men.

I would like to apologize to Doll Man, and, indeed, all Doll Men, for being insensitive to their tiny little plight.

(Now back to reading the 900+ comments in that PUAhate thread.)

kamilla1960
kamilla1960

leftwingfox

I’m sure there are plenty of microphiles who would LOVE Doll Man.

Heh… fight beards with fire…

Baroncognito

Hey! Dollman! Leave those beards alone!

Jessay (@jessay)

Too behind to figure out if this has been posted but I’m dying at who was screencapped on this article.

melody

@Jessay
The mentality that if something does good it shouldn’t be critiqued is a prevalent one.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I’m trying to think what good reddit does that outweighs all the horrible stuff … I don’t use the site, but just seeing what Dave posts about it, and having occasionally seen the garbage that gets posted in atheism threads, I’m having trouble imagining that reddit is good for anything.

aworldanonymous

To be fair to reddit, the site is little more than one massive youtube style comments section, except for commenting on things from across the internet. That statement comes with pretty much everything it implies, yes there is a sense of community, yes reddit does some good things, but in the end, it’s still a comments section.

Marie
Marie

@kittehs

me too :/ My brother posts on reddit, and I was wondering if I just had a weird opinion on it cuz all the stuff that gets called out here, but my dad (as far as I know…hi dad!) doesn’t read this sight, and he thought reddit was like 4chan XD

Only wondering cuz my brother doesn’t seem to be a misogynist… unless he’s really, really hiding it…

Jodi
Jodi

Baroncognito, sending bricks your way…

Jessay (@jessay)

I was trying to point out that they capped Antz haha

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@aworld – “giant youtube comments section” is condemnation enough! 😀

@Jessay – harking back to the thread where we were all talking about painkillers, I bought some hemp seed oil tonight. Fingers crossed it works on the legs!

I remember your warning about not using it before exercise, too. Not that anything more strenuous than walking is a happening thing at the moment. 😛

Yoyo
Yoyo

Reddit at least keeps the keyboard warriors busy and occupied otherwise they’d be in the real world with funny hats and trying to pick us up with lots of “negs” etc. bars and clubs can be bad enough anyway

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

A good point!

Come to think of it, I don’t remember Shortpack ever getting any…

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL!

And to think I had a dream once where one of my little persons came to life …

Tina
Tina

Daniel Radcliffe is short and not conventionally attractive. But his outlook, attitude…fantastic. I’ve met a couple of short men, attractive ones with talent, that had the ugliest attitudes imaginable. One was cheating on his wife with every young woman he could find. Wife and newborn daughter. Physical attractiveness means nothing in this light.

Wetherby
Wetherby

Does Doll Man have a lazy eye as well? It’s hard to tell even from the close-up, but I think this might be crucial in establishing how attractive he is.

hellkell
hellkell

Are women spitting on Doll Man?

Eh, Mr. HK is four inches shorter than me. Yeah, it took a little getting used to in terms of the cultural “the guy is supposed to be taller” thing, but I got over it.

Dvärghundspossen

My husband is 1,87, and I must say, it often comes in handy when something is on the top of a high shelf and I can’t be arsed to drag out a chair to stand on. *S*

I have a female cousin who’s 1,85, and in her teens she always said she’d marry a basket ball player. She couldn’t imagine being with someone shorter than her. Then she grew up, find Mr Right, who WAS shorter than her, and is now married to him with two kids. On the other hand, she can reach the top shelf herself, doesn’t need a man for it.

titianblue
titianblue

It is about the only advantage to being short – I get to approach attractive men in the supermarket and ask them if they’ll reach something on the top shelf for me.

Does this make me a bad feminist?

Howard Bannister

Does this make me a bad feminist?

…Grandma, is that you?

Only half-joking. She doesn’t get the internet. She does totally ask the pretty boys for help with tall shelfs.

Dvärghundspossen

@Titianblue: Well, if you ARE short, you’re not feigning helplessness in order to seem cute – you really CAN’T reach the top shelf, right?

freemage
freemage

Blitzgal: Yeesh, those guys are just so, so very… ugh.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

I’ve made guys reach stuff for me in the lab on occasion. But usually I just clamber up on a bench near all the glassware and make them very concerned. :p

blitzgal

I’ve never actually met anyone who wears a fedora, but I’ve seen mentions of the phenomenon here, and now on Buzzfeed.

pecunium

I have a fedora: of the stetson style. I never did think the “newspaper” style worked for me, and trilbys (those dinky things most of those dudes are wearing) look like shit and don’t keep the sun out of one’s eyes, nor the rain off one’s face (says the guy who also wears a beret).

runesandrhinestones

Doll Man is sweet, but I agree. As a tall lady, I don’t find small men attractive – feels like I’m dating my little brother.

historophilia
historophilia

I’ve met men shorter than me or just my height who I’ve found very attractive but I’ve never gone out with one.

I’m not super tall for a woman, I’m about 5 foot 8 whereas the average British woman is about 5 foot 4 or 5, but it’s quite common for me to be the tallest woman in the room.

However when I was a pre-adolescent and in my early teens I was a lot taller than most of my peers (plus my Mother is 5 foot 10 so we all assumed I’d be at least her height once I stopped growing) and going to a girls school I therefore always got cast as a boy in school plays etc. and I got very, very self conscious about my height.

Even though I stopped growing and lots of other people grew past me (I know plenty of girls who are 5 foot nine and taller, plus once you hit about 15 suddenly all the boys start growing like bamboo) but the feeling of being tall and awkward has stuck. For some reason my mental image of myself has me at least a couple of inches taller than I actually am. So I’ll assume someone is my height or maybe shorter until I actually see a reflection of us standing together or a photo and realize they actually top me by 2 inches.

It might be partly due to the fact that I have very good posture and ram rod straight back which can make me appear taller than people who slouch.

So yeah, this tends to make me feel self-conscious about guys who aren’t about 2 inches taller than me minimum.

But then I also don’t like really, really tall guys. 6 foot is about perfect.

So yeah, evil, picky bitch right here.

jennydevildoll

Poor insecure Doll Man! We don’t even see what his fiance’s answer was! I’ve always had a thing for cute short men. My husband is short. But then again, I am short too so maybe for me they are perfect sized men.

titianblue
titianblue

Damn, I’m confused now. I know I’m supposed to be part of the hivemind but now you’re all telling me that different heights are the height I’m supposed to be attracted to. Which is it, tall, medium, short? Damn-it, stop behaving like individuals with individual preferences! You know all we women are monolith.

Howard Bannister

I know a woman who insisted she could never be in a relationship with a man shorter than her.

Now she’s married to one.

I know a woman who insisted she could never date a man shorter than her.

Now she’s dating a man taller than her.

I know a woman who said she’d be happy in a relationship with a man of any size so long as the rest of him was the sort of person she liked.

She’s now happily in a relationship with the sort of person she likes. (and he’s shorter than her)

I could go on and on and on and on. But, yeah, could you be more monolith-like? Makes it so much easier to understand all of you at once.

starskita

I’m about 5’5″ (or a little less) but I tend to walk around thinking I’m about 5’10”. In that people who are about 5’10” seem normal size to me, and when I’m around a bunch of people my height they seem really short.

I think this effect is from hanging out with a bunch of guys for several years in male-dominated fields at school, and dating several guys who were over 6 feet tall. It seems to have diminished on my end now that I have mostly female friends who I hang out with. However, it has recently come to my attention that these same friends have been thinking I was really tall and were surprised that I’m not any taller than I am.

Thinking makes it so?

freemage
freemage

Y’know, there are genuinely women out there who have a strong preference for a particular type of physique. There are women who will only date tall men, or muscle-bound men, or men with dreamy eyes. In my circle of friends there are even girls with strong preferences for other races (when looking for eye-candy, the wife is prone to favoring super-pretty Asian men). There are even, yes, women who want guys with an extra-large package. (There’s also women who want women who have hourglass figures, but let’s not put too much strain on the poor menz’ brains, here.)

And there’s nothing wrong with any of that. I know of almost no women (note the adult form of the word–high school is one good plane crash from Lord of the Flies territory, for all genders), OTOH, who pull the same shit many guys do–namely, ignore the very existence of anyone of their prefered gender(s) that falls outside their preference category. For these doodz, if you’re not interested in fucking someone, they cease to exist.

historophilia
historophilia

@Starksita, thinking you’re taller than you actually are for the win!

m Dubz

@ Marie- I wouldn’t worry too much about your brother. I know some genuinely good people who are Reddit users (for genderqueer stuff, technology stuff etc.) I think some people just have a higher tolerance for bullshit that accompanies genuinely helpful stuff than others.

m Dubz

@starksita and historophilia- I have the same thing! I hit my full height (of 5′ 5″) at 14 when most of the boys hadn’t started growing yet. I still feel like I am about 3 or 4 inches taller than I am, especially when I hang out with people that I met in High School.

cloudiah

Usher and Gibson look pretty good, but Ginuwine’s fedora doesn’t suit him. It almost looks like it’s too big for his head.

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

their tiny little plight

I snarfed my Coke David.

Shadow
Shadow

@cloudiah

My first reaction when I found the Ginuwine picture was “Photoshop” 😛 Though, he was really just thrown in there cos I been feeling nostalgic lately 😛 Specifically for these:

Ahh high school. They were also the ones that created my brief (and thankfully unfulfilled) obsession with getting baggy leather pants. I’da prolly spontaneously combusted if I tried rocking leather pants in Africa 😛

freemage
freemage

I considered a fedora, but frankly, if you’re in a fedora and NOT in a tightly tailored suit, it looks lousy (as those cupid images demonstrated), and I lack the funds to get a suit of that caliber for my frame.

Marie
Marie

@starskita

I’m about 5’5″ (or a little less) but I tend to walk around thinking I’m about 5’10″. In that people who are about 5’10″ seem normal size to me, and when I’m around a bunch of people my height they seem really short.

Me too! I’ll admit 5’10” seems tall for me, maybe around 5’6″ to 5’8″ I think of as normal and in my mind go ‘same height’. And when it gets to everyone my height I think they’re short XD Except for my twin, but we grew up together, so I always knew we were really close in heights. idk rambling. I’m about 5’3″.

@m dubz

I don’t think he’s a bad person :/ I just don’t really see why he uses it. He says it’s mostly to share links. Idk I’m rambling too much about this.

I hit about 5’1″ at eleven and only grew two inches since then 😛 I can still wear clothes from when I was 12, since most of my growing happened in my boobs, and maybe other areas? idk. Anyhows, I stopped growing early :/ Makes me short! XD

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Me too! I hit five feet at about 9, and reached my full height by 11. I can still wear the school uniform that was bought for me when I was 11, since I already had boobs then too. Everyone thought I was going to be tall, but nope.

Argenti Aertheri

Marie (and Fade) — y’all are twins? Nifty!

Marie
Marie

@argenti aertheri

Yup 😀

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

I’m 5’1, I hit my full height at 11 too. I was always the smallest in the class, but one of my friends as a child was always the tallest – she stopped growing at 10 and is now the same height as me. My middle sister is 5’7 and my mum is 5’9. I get it from my dad’s mum, who has always been described as “four foot eleven of pure fury”.

I am dreading the day TinyFantastic overtakes me, she’s already up to my chest and she keeps insisting on growing up (we don’t have the same dad so there’s no chance of her taking after my nana). She’s nine in a couple of weeks, but I want her to stay my baby sister forever 🙁

historophilia
historophilia

thenatfantastic, the grow up fast, I remember when my little brother was smaller than me and all adorbale and chubby with short widdle legs.

Now he is 6″4 and still growing and has long gangly limbs and we are all in a constant worry that he’s going to hit his head on door frames.

He’s only 18 still so he hasn’t put on much muscle yet and is very skinny as he does loads of exercise and feeding him is like shoveling food into a black hole, but by the time he’s in his mid 20’s he’s going to be enormous.

So yeah you probably won’t have to deal with that but beware!

Watch out for when they start dating though! My brother has asked for a second ticket to his school leavers ball but we can’t get out of him who it is he’s taking.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@blitzgal – you call those fedoras? This is a fedora.

(Actually I call the hats those guys were wearing trilbies, they don’t look at all like what I think of as a fedora.)

Ah, I see Pecunium has said the same thing! 🙂

Also these are fedoras – I adore the one Milner’s wearing. Sir has one like that, too.

This ain’t half bad, either.

Wetherby – LOL about the lazy eye! That is a most important question.

As for height, Himself is 5′ 7″ and that’s ample height as far as I’m concerned. I’m 5′ 4″ and anything taller than that is getting into looming territory, which I really dislike.

Howard Bannister

@thenatfantastic:

My baby brother remains my baby brother despite being taller than me and having bigger shoulders than me and being able to carry me around like a baby. (no, seriously, and I’m 6foot 220lbs–he is MASSIVE AND STRONG)