creepy disgusting women drama kings entitled babies evil fat fatties incel irony alert misogyny pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles PUA racism

How to Hate and Envy Every Single Person in the World, PUAhate edition

Some guys get all the chicks
Some guys get all the chicks

The regulars at PUAhate.com – we’ve met them before — are a strange and bitter bunch. Most seem to be self-loathing so-called “incels” who blame their lack of romantic and sexual success on their average or below-average looks. Rejecting the basic premise of the pickup artist crowd – that average guys can transform themselves into suave lotharios by mastering manipulative pickup formulas – the PUAhate regulars tend to be true believers in what they somewhat pretentiously call “looks theory,” the odd and obviously untrue notion that women only date men with “male model” looks.

As one PUAhater put it recently:

PUA makes you think that all your problems are because of your personality/behaviour – i.e. things you can control. So when you keep failing, it means that YOU are fucking up and doing things wrong

the reality is that many of us just lost the genetic lottery. we are ugly, the wrong race, the wrong height etc, and that fucked us up. there is NOTHING we can do about it

So, naturally, the PUAhaters spend a lot of their time jealous of tall, good-looking men for their supposed monopoly on the women of the world — whom they also hate.

But the strange thing is that the PUAhaters pretty much hate everyone else as well. They get angry when guys they consider ugly score “hot chicks.” They get angry when guys who are good-looking but not male models get attention from “really hot girls.” And so on, and so on, and so on.

Indeed, many of the regulars seem to walk around in a perpetual state of rage, angry at each and every man who’s managed to pair up with a woman, not to mention the women as well.

One regular recently described his “day from hell” to his comrades:

To start the day I saw a couple where it was an average White guy with an OBESE Asian girl. They were walking around acting like they were trying to prove shit. LMAO. I wanted to kick the guy in the fucking nuts for dating that landwhale. If you’re going to use the racial advantage, at least date a girl who is under 300lbs. Later I go to the gym and see the same tall guys I usually do. Even if I had a good face, how the fuck do you compete with guys who are fucking 6’4”?

Then at the gym there’s this good looking White guy there talking to this Asian dude about how Asian girls are easy and how they approach him. To make things worse after that these fucking frat douchebags come in with their girlfriends to show off . Then to cap off the day a girl I used to know from freshman year walks right past me without even saying anything. I used to fucking live next door to this bitch and now she doesn’t even say anything and acts like a pretentious cunt. She’s an Indian girl dating a White dude lmao. Days like today make you wonder why you even still try in the first place.

Of course, as I’ve mentioned before, most of those posting on PUAhate don’t actually seem to be ugly by anyone’s standards but their own, at least judging from the pictures of themselves they sometimes post to the site, which reveal them to be mostly average-looking guys, with some of the regulars even quite conventionally handsome.

But evidently they would rather believe that they have “lost the genetic lottery” rather than face a more obvious explanation for why the girls don’t like them: because they’re shallow, self-obsessed assholes who hate themselves and hate women and radiate their bitterness from every pore. (And some are even creepier than this, like this pedophile – sorry, ephebophile – who’s angry at me personally because unlike him I don’t chase after 15-year-olds. Link NSFW.)

The PUAhaters often talk about getting surgeries to “correct” their supposed genetic flaws. They would do far better to spend that money on therapy.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

It made me sad ‘cos he was pretty cool in a crusty way in his earlier regeneration during Tom Baker’s time.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Oh and trivia: Philip Latham, who played Borusa as president, was in Dracula, Prince of Darkness and was the star of the series The Pallisers. 🙂

titianblue
titianblue

OMG “The Pallisars” – blast from the past! First programme I ever saw on a colour TV, at my grandparents’ house. With the colour at maximum vivdness.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL! I think it might have been one of the first of the big drama series the BBC did in colour. I know the Forsyte Saga was the last in black and white. I’ve still got the magazine about the Pallisers somewhere. Susan Hampshire and Anna Massey in their yoof!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

And how could I forget Derek Jacobi hiding under the world’s worst Dundreary Weepers as Lord Fawn,</a. and Anthony Ainley in his pre-Master days as Reverend Emilius.

titianblue
titianblue

Ok, I have to borrow the dvds just to see those whiskers in action!

LOL!

Argenti Aertheri

Holy facial hair batman!

And I liked the human-daleks and dalek-human — Dalek Sec was actually…human, human enough anyways. And the human-daleks — “why?” — that, right there, that’s what makes us human.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I’m torn between visualising your Latin teacher as a Cyberman or the centurion from Life of Brian …

Wrong thread, drat!

Argenti Aertheri

Cyber, dalek, whatever.

I am stunned! When did the Daleks and Cybermen learn sarcasm? :O

Argenti Aertheri

I’m not sure it is sarcasm, I think it’s that gap where sufficiently true and insulting things, said without any sort of emotional apology for the insult, sound sarcastic.

“This is evident” can be read as sarcasm, but it’s nonetheless the simple truth of the matter. I’m more interested in where cyber’s got a concept of elegance!

Falconer

I didn’t think the Daleks were emotionless, just that their primary emotion was hate.

Space Nazis, after all.

But that exchange was glorious. That couple of episodes at the end of Series Two were about the best of the lot (and they feature Freema Agyeman before she played Martha).

Argenti Aertheri

That was Martha’s cousin! (No seriously, that’s how they retcon’ed it)

The one with Martha and Dalek Sec — I paraphrase but “your creator removed all emotion, said it made you stronger” “and he was wrong” “he was what?!”

But yeah, hate clearly remains, and just before the Bad Wolf saves the day (and universe) 9 tells those daleks that right now, deep down, there’s just a little bit of fear left.

Disclosure, I’ve watched all of new Who at least twice, and more than that in most cases…and have a more or less eidictic memory.

Argenti Aertheri

On that note, cybers + glorious = “cyber king walks all over London and no one notices?!” — 11’s ranting about the cyber king in The Next Doctor. The cybers installed a woman as the cyber king, and couldn’t convert her. When they try she sits up and starts talking about seeing all of the universe and how “this is glorious” — the cybers get all pissy about glorious not being a valid designation and she replies by destroying them.

Ten tries to for her a planet, because “a mind like yours” but she says she has one and it goes as you’d expect…

That episode…her…”the next doctor”…”if anyone had to be the doctor, I’m glad it was you”…I love that episode

Argenti Aertheri

1,468 come on guys, we can break 1,500!

Anyone have androgynous hair cuts that won’t make me look like Bieber? I’m yet again debating cutting it all off, probably won’t do it, but photoshopping hair on my head goes all Bieber.

Howard Bannister

Too much Dr. Who–it’s like my Kryptonite!!

So, I’m going to link to Ex Urbe again. Or… nah, I’ll just mention it by name and let folks google it.

But FUCK Cesare Borgia, man, he deserved what he got!

…oh, am I getting a little emotionally involved in history, perhaps to an odd degree?

That is some very VERY good history writing, yes it is.

Howard Bannister

PS: watched some Tom Baker Dr Who a while back. Good stuff, good stuff.

Also, I was watching a BBC series, and Callum Blue came on, and I kept thinking ‘hey, I know this guy. Wasn’t he a Doctor? No, that’s David Tennant, and he’s not David Tennant. But wasn’t he the Doctor?’

Then I realized that I had last seen him on SMALLVILLE, and my brain broke.

(darned BBC, confusing me so)

(Zen, if you’re wondering)

Howard Bannister

(that is, Zen is the BBC mini-series he was on, as the villain. On Smallville he was Zod. Zen, Zod, whatever!!)

historophilia
historophilia

Argenti, have you been looking at haircuts with a fringe/bangs or without one?

The way I have my hair is very short all round the back and sides with a side parting and a full, quite heavy side fringe which I tend to keep tucked behind my ears.

You could try something like that but have a less thick side fringe.

My suggestion is have a look at mens fashion magazines (like men’s vogue) or the hairstyles being sported by catwalk models.

If you’re looking to keep your hair longer but androgynous I would suggest keeping it just above shoulder length, have a centre parting and keep it roughly the same length but a bit shorter around the face.

The other option is just to go to a decent hairdresser and discuss it with them and ask what would suit your hair type and face shape.

You might have to shell for this a bit more, but it’s worth it to get a hairdresser who really does know their stuff. Once you have the haircut right you can go to cheaper places for trims.

Argenti Aertheri

Lol this was too easy! Last time I had it short I kept getting told I looked like Ryder in Girl, Interrupted. (Read the book!)

But when it grew out even a little it got long enough I’m afraid I’d have a Bieber cut…maybe I’m just being a combo of excessively anti-Beiber, and attached to my hair despite my complaints about it.

In totally random things, my biggest clown loach is falling over backwards trying to examine the underside of a leaf. Fish are silly!

cloudiah

Argenti, I don’t think that Ryder-ish cut would grow out as Bieber-ish. As long as you don’t style it that way, anyway. 🙂

Falconer

Best. Parent. Ever.

[Note: Not really best parent ever.]

tcwill00
tcwill00
Howard Bannister

24 comments to go for 1,500. (23 after this one)

So, that Rufus Sewell! I’m not sure I buy him as a good guy. Even as the very morally muddled Zen, whose biggest problem in a sea of corruption is that no matter how hard he tries he just can’t manage to be corrupt enough to fit in. Because there is something about his eyes, something very canny, almost lizard-like. He plays a villain like almost nobody else can.

It’s like Colin Farrell. You can’t trust him as a good guy, because you just KNOW that behind those eyes he’s thinking about tearing your head off. Channel that into a meaty villain role–who else loved the Fright Night remake?

Also, I saw the Croods. It was surprisingly feminist.

Falconer

The only things I’ve seen Rufus Sewell in are Knight’s Tale and Dark City, where he was villain and hero, respectively.

Dark City was such an odd movie I’m not sure it’s a good example of him heroing, but there is a moment after he has obtained the macguffin and can take the villains on on their own terms when he looks right down the camera and you do get a sense that he’s capable of cruelty.

So I started watching Midsomer Murders while feeding my children. I’m not done with the first episode yet, but it’s kind of a doozy. I’m not sure I like DS Troy, he’s not quite as bad as the DS and the other DC in The Last Detective (who are total dicks) but he used the term “arse bandits” without irony. ಠ__ಠ

And the undertaker has a large gaydar profile AND ALSO he’s a despicable blackmailer so I feel like people can take agin him from the beginning (because he’s gay) and then along comes the blackmail and gives people an out for disliking him.

Howard Bannister

Sewell was also the Large Ham villain in the second Zorro movie, which was eighteen miles of fail.

And, y’know, it’s one thing to include gay villains. That’s fine, yeah, gay people can be just as bad as straight.

When the only gay characters you have are villains? (I’m looking at you, Sherlock!) Um, maybe some gay characters who AREN’T the epitome of evil? Just to break things up?

Argenti Aertheri

Cloudiah — maybe? Idk, I might just be wary of it taking another 5 years to grow out if I change my mind!

Falconer — baby crane! Well sorta, cute though.

Gay maybe villains? Captain Jack, the sometimes good guy (makes more sense if you’re seen Torchwood) — he isn’t exactly the hero much of the time. Except when he is. Captain Jack, chaotic neutral ish? (I’d say true neutral but they apparently never do anything *has not played D&D*)

1500-20!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Anyone seen Cold Comfort Farm? Rufus Sewell as Seth Starkadder, now that was something to see. Love that film. Plus you’ve got Ian McKellen at his wild-eyed best, Eileen Atkins, Kate Beckinsale, Stephen Fry and Joanna Lumley – what more could you want?

Ha, Falconer, be warned – Troy doesn’t get any smarter. How the hell he eventually makes Inspector I’ll never know.

Midsomer must be the most dangerous place in England, even worse than everywhere-north-of-Manchester-including-Scotland for its serial killer count. They must have to space out the series to repopulate the place.

Deoridhe

Rufus Sewell KILLED as Seth Starkadder. I love that movie so much~!!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Me too! I’ve lost count of how often I’ve watched it.

THERE’S NO BUTTER IN HELL!

Falconer

It’s unfair that a jerk like Troy makes Inspector while Dangerous Davies stays a DC all his career. But I suppose that’s his tragic flaw.

Great, now I has a sad because we’re never gonna have more Dalziel & Pascoe since the author passed away 🙁 That was a great series.

Howard Bannister

I’d be tempted to give that one a passing grade just because he’s the protagonist–even if he’s morally grey, he’s not the bad guy. There are bad guys.

Shows where the only gay guy is very definitely the bad guy are just way, way worse.

And now I need to see Cold Comfort Farm.

titianblue
titianblue

Saw Rufus Sewell on stage in Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia with – OMG what a cast – Felicity Kendal, BillNighy, Harriet Walters, Sam West. Desperately sad that noone thought to film that production. Think Byronic. *dies*

If you want to see him in his youthful beauty, try Middlemarch. And he’s interesting as a cross-dressing Petruchio role in the BBC’s modern take of Taming of the Shrew.

cloudiah

I has a sad about Dalziel & Pascoe too.

[adds Cold Comfort Farm to list of movies to watch]

cloudiah

And I think we should just keep this thread as the Open Thread for random discussions — no wait, what am I talking about? That is EVERY thread! 😀

Falconer

Doctor Who has never pretended to be hard science fiction … At best Doctor Who is a fairytale, with fairytale logic about this wonderful man in this big blue box who at the beginning of every story lands somewhere where there is a problem. – neil gaiman

Hah! It’s nice to have backup 😛

Falconer

The 3.5 Player’s Handbook says sometimes true neutral people don’t put too much moral thought into their actions and just do what seems like a good idea, while others make a commitment to avoid extremes of thought and view good, evil, lawful and chaotic as “biased and prejudiced” attitudes. &#3232__&#3232

Yeah, I know it’s a nine-foot tall, goat-hoofed, brick-red being from the Lower Planes, but we haven’t actually seen it devour the souls of virgins, so I think you should not leap to any conclusions, Mr. Smite The Wicked With The Very Sharp Edge of My Enchanted Sword.

Of course, in 4E there’s no neutral, there’s unaligned.

I know what would make this thread burst 2,000 comments if anybody here cared: Edition wars! Everyone choose up sides and calmly explain why everybody else’s decision makes them a morally corrupt, despicable human being. Or stupid and immature. But few people here play D&D and those who do are all laid back.

Falconer

It seems like in the 70s a lot of British and possibly US* murder mysteries revolved around someone who was gay, and was being blackmailed, so the blackmailer gets killed and if the gay person didn’t do it, zie was the most obvious suspect.

I’ve moved on to Series 1, Episode 2 of Midsomer, and I know DS Troy is a bit fick but could you at least answer him without the sarcasm, Inspector? Thank you.

Falconer

*I haven’t read that many US murder mysteries, for some reason it’s mostly British.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Barnaby does sarcasm better than he does detecting, I think. I like the second Barnaby, the one Neil Dudgeon (always enjoy seeing him and you’ve got to love that name) plays, better. Plus his dog Sykes is the best.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Cold Comfort Farm is in every way splendid. One of the few instances where they did not do violence to the book.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I can never see Ian McKellen without thinking of him as Amos Starkadder.

Falconer

Five! More! Comments!

Well, four now.

cloudiah

Never say I don’t do my part.

Argenti Aertheri

Now 3 more!

Falconer — ok, that makes some sense. So idk on Harkness, he’s more…wtf needs to be done, or he wants, fuck the consequences. Though I guess it’s usually for good, for some definition of good.

cloudiah

To

cloudiah

Advance the thread. My internet connection is really spotty, if you can’t tell.