creepy evil sexy ladies misogyny sluts

The search for a slut-free college

Don't let the books fool you -- these gals are up to no good!
Don’t let the books fool you — these gals are up to no good!

So the high school freshman who calls himself Bostonian42 is thinking ahead to college. And he’s got questions. Well, actually just one question, which he’s asking people about every college he’s interested in: is this college full of sluts? Because if it is, he wants none of it.

Here he is, inquiring about Dartmouth:

Dartmouth

He’s posted similar comments for eight other colleges.

Sounds like he may want to avoid whatever college it is that Amanda here is going to. (See here for more from this inadvertantly hilarious comic book.)

110

(Thanks to @MaraWritesStuff on Twitter for alerting the world to Boston42’s noble quest.)

(Oh, and I guess I’m back to posting again, though my posts may be a little light for awhile.)

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I normally watch videos with the sound off, btw, and I am trying not to do that with the videos I post so that I don’t post anything terrible. I don’t always remember to unmute them, though. If I post something without a warning that needs one, please let me know.

@ some gal

It was a cute cat <3 I normally have the sound of on cute animal videos too, though on the one I posted I turned it on beforehand, but the person talking was talking quietly so I may've missed something when I did it :/ *sighs* Why can't people keep their ablism out of our cute cat videos.

@gillian

@Marie It’s been my experience, so far, that people who spout stuff like this specifically don’t think.

yeah, guess it makes sense that they either didn’t think it through or think that men are so specially snowflakey us poor womenz (and people of other genders, if those exist in creepy rapey guys universe) should just have to suck it up. It’s stuff like this that really just wants to make me say I hate men. I mean, I know they’re so many nice ones out there it’s just… grr.

Anyway, you guys feel free to tell me if my ranting starts grating your nerves, I’m just grumpy and caffeinated* today. :/

*I’m almost always caffeinated.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Marie

I watched it again after I posted and the guy doesn’t use the word in the video (just the description smh, which I normally don’t see on mobile anyway). There was another really cute one of a cat in a sink and the owner turned the water on and the cat just sat there, drinking the water, getting soaked. Awesome cute kitty behavior and the whole video ends up making me sad because she has to call the cat a r****d at the end.

The cat looked just like my cat too.

ShiOres
ShiOres

@Gillian:

I also believe that’s the case most of the time. But I even have to defend him a bit here, though he doesn’t argue for the “logical conclusion” preventive detention, at least he says something: “But women completely unleashed from all societal restrictions will more or less turn into cavewomen and make horrifically bad choices, the result being a sexual dystopia that looks like some sort of a jungle.

What is the solution? THERE IS NONE! I am afraid. People are always asking me what the solution is. So many times, there is none. There’s no solution to this shit. This situation is obviously less than ideal for many millions of adults, male and female included. But once you let the genie out, it’s hard to put it back in.”

So we are doomed (in a jungle full of cavewomen)!

@Marie:

Well… 🙁 I personally don’t find myself even remotely represented by what they say about men.

(I hope I don’t start to sound like GlennP, but because the way you phrase what you said I would guess you’re more likely asexual / aromantic or lesbian.)

Freemage
Freemage

shiOres: Yeah, I think you may’ve stepped over the line there at the end. No, you’re not represented by what these asshats say about men; neither am I. Declaring so is not only reasonable, but actually helps fight against the ‘boys will be boys’ mantra that feeds into so much of bullying, harassment and rape-culture mindsets. But you should definitely avoid overanalyzing something like a rage-post on a thread like this. Some days, some of the stuff here makes me vaguely ashamed to BE a man (even though, again, I don’t indulge in this crap); I can’t blame some of the women here if they feel negatively towards anyone who identifies as such while spouting this horseshit.

Gillian
Gillian

@ShiOres Seriously, WTF?

@shiOres

Like I said, I know intellectually there are plenty of good men out there, I just sometimes have a bad time feeling it. On one hand, this site and the internet expose me to a lot more jerkass men than non-internet, but I also meet better ones here, I think almost every man I’ve met in person that I know enough I can make that judgement non-internet is at least some misogynist.

I’m also curious where you got I was asexual/aromatic/lesbian. I mean, I know I tend to mention it a lot here*, since I’m annoying XD but I’m curious what I said that came across that way.

*being a lesbian. I’m not the other two

hellkell
hellkell

Hey, ShiOres: Protip, don’t speculate as to people’s orientations here. Not on.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ ShiOres

Nah, that bit at the end was just sort of annoying. The bit where you really jumped the shark was this.

But I even have to defend him a bit here

Especially given that the quote that follows doesn’t actually make him look any better.

Marie

Man, somehow I missed the I have to defend him a little bit. 🙁 Though I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt for the moment because I think I just made an ass of myself in the other thread.

Gillian
Gillian

@ShiOres Not only is that quote more or less ridiculous as an example of “saying something” meaningful, when you find yourself feeling the need to “defend” either the ideas or the turd himself, just stop. Otherwise you may not recognize the fact, but you’re giving a pretty good example of what people are finding so very problematic.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

The only way the quote sounds sensible is if you believe that people are entitled to relationships (nope), and women’s current sexual behavior is objectively appalling (nope), and has deprived millions of men and women (nice that he threw that bit in there in a failed attempt to seem less sexist, but nope) of relationships (which again is only objectively terrible if you think relationships are a thing people are entitled to).

So yeah, if that’s what you consider worth defending? You have a lot of unfortunate assumptions to unpack and take a closer look at.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

OH SNAP. PARK HO.

That gives a whole new meaning to “WAGONS, HO!”

I cannot currently go to parks, but I would like to. I am inpark you guys! INPARK! INPARK! Pity me and bring me parks!

You might have put a Coffee Warning on that!

Damaged souls?

::does quick check::

::asks French person his opinion::

Nope, it seems intact. And I must be a slutty hypergamous slutsovich ‘cos I’ve sexed it up with an ex-king, not with a Worthy MRA/NiceGuy(TM)/PUA/whatever.

But if it’s soles we’re talking about, well, that’s another matter. I blame the parks.

Obviously, there are a huge number of decent men out there, but every time someone spew this shit part of me goes ‘oh, so men can’t control themselves to avoid hurting people, I guess they all belong in prison’.

I spent a lot of time feeling like that from reading the news and from seeing the rampant misogyny online. Ironically, Manboobz has made me feel a lot better: not because of the douches David writes about, but because of being in contact with the fellers who are regulars here. It’s a restorative. Like kitties. 🙂 ::waves madly at entire Manboobz crowd::

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@ShiOres

Sometimes I get so fed up with this type of shit that I say “I hate men.” It doesn’t say anything about my sexuality that I sometimes feel that way.

It is seriously gross to be guessing other people’s sexualities anyway. Marie can share (and has I believe), but otherwise it is none if your fucking business.

I also don’t really understand what you are defending in the slut-shaming post either (which is a slightlydifferent conversation than the slavering beasts discussion, I believe). That is a minor thing compared to what you did to Marie, though. Seriously awful.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@CassandraSays

The flipside of those assumptions also sucks. Am I supposed to be more okay with patriarchal bullshit because I wanna get some? Because I like sex with men, I am supposed to forgive male assholes more readily than someone who doesn’t?

There is a ton of bullshit crammed into that sort of guessing.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Yeah, that comment was an onion of fail – you peel off one layer and there’s far more underneath.

*guilty giggles*

I wasn’t thinking about it that much because it doesn’t bug me. :/ Good to keep in mind for future reference though.

yup.

cassandra says is right, it is kind of like an onion.

jeff_mensrights
jeff_mensrights

“It is seriously gross to be guessing other people’s sexualities anyway. ”

They do exactly that at MIT and other colleges. I have to add that it’s not mandatory, still I think, if you don’t to answer, that’s also an information about you.

“Another assumption that needs some unpacking – lesbians are lesbians because they hate men, so if a lesbian says she hates men, oh well, makes sense.

No. Lesbians are not lesbians because they hate men, they are lesbians because they love and/or want to fuck women. Their sexuality has nothing to do with men at all.”

But the reverse of that assumption, that straight women are problematic for feminism, is surprisingly common again and not some old second wave idea. As with most “old chestnuts” (like the “man-hating feminist” which is proven by the comments here again) also that one turns out to be more like an eternal truth.

Julie Bindel said in 2009:
“I also suspect that it is very difficult to spend your daily life fighting against male violence, only to share a bed with a man come the evening.”

and

“Then there’s the fact that working with women towards a common goal means you develop a strong and passionate bond with them – why some feminists then block out the possibility of sexual relationships with their political sisters and instead turn to men for intimacy is beyond me.”

Sexual orientation is suddenly changeable? Liberal logic strikes again!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

The thread-jumping trolls are the worst.

cloudiah

Seriously, Some Gal.

Anyone here know any man-hating feminists? Raise your hands! ::crickets::

Viscaria
Viscaria

Is that MIT thing supposed to be some sort of gotcha? You know, because MIT depends on Manboobz commenters to design their demographics surveys? Or whatever it is he’s referencing? I don’t have a clue tbh.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’m starting to think we need the old kids TV thing where when someone says something stupid the audience can hit their buzzers and drop the dumbass into a bucket of slime.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Stupid troll is stupid. Booooring.

ostara321
ostara321

If they’re asking, it’s not really guessing. Not that the fact that MIT does it is automatically supposed to make it ok.

So surprising, you’d be surprised to hear this, even if you’re a feminist!

One comment from one feminist does not a “surprisingly common idea” make.

Not to mention, you also seemed to skip the part in that article where Bindel mentions there has been a lot of backlash among other feminists to her ideas (plus the documented backlash in the comments). It might not be “uncommon” (as in, it has happened) for some feminists to suggest as Bindel does, but in my experience it’s plenty more common for oodles of feminists to reject the idea that we need yet MORE people telling women what to do with their lives and bodies, who to fuck and who not to fuck. There’s plenty of that already.

M Dubz
M Dubz

@jeff- Nobody is denying that some feminists are assholes who say problematic things. But the purpose of our movement is to promote equality and a better world. The purpose of yours is to be dicks to women whenever possible. It’s a matter of priorities, bro.

@jeff mensrights

Sexual orientation is suddenly changeable? Liberal logic strikes again!

…but….it’s not suddenly changeable. The person you quoted may have wanted it to be, but did notice that other women were still going to men for ‘intimacy’*

*weird word.

Also, liberal logic? O_O like, seriously. what?

pecunium

Late to the party but I call shenannigans. He’s a High School Freshman, and he (at 14) 1: knows he is “sexually conservative” (whatever the fuck that means) and 2: is so worried about it that he’s looking four years out and worrying about it?

His diction is also a bit more careful (and well structured) than I think of a HS freshman using.

Freemage
Freemage

“It is seriously gross to be guessing other people’s sexualities anyway. ”

Can someone please translate this into English?

1: I went to two different colleges. I don’t recall the administration taking shots in the dark from random comments, attempting to assess my apparent sexuality at any point in time. So what exactly is this blathering about?

2: “… that’s also an information about you.” >.<

hellkell
hellkell

How long before Jeff brings up one of our zombie feminists in a sad attempt at a “gotcha?”

Creative Writing Student

*starts stockpiling the brains of men (misandry!) in order to placate the zombies*

It’s true, zombie straw feminism is out to suck the sweet, sweet meninges of men who are made to sit on hard chairs.

Argenti Aertheri

Pecunium — that’s not careful dictation, that’s “I only know how to write a 5 paragraph essay” — you’ve been out of school long enough to have avoided that, probably. Lucky you. I got low mark after low mark for not writing papers as intro; point one — intro sentence, 3 sentences supporting it, conclusion sentence; repeat for points 2 and 3; conclusion paragraph.

Needless to say, colleges immediately teach you how not to write like that. And sorry for the writing lesson, I was one of the first classes to graduate under No Child Left Behind and it was hellish.

In short, that sort of having to please a formula that sucks, trains you to write tiny sentences so you can meet the 3 sentences per point bull without having much substance. Cicero would’ve shat on it (I didn’t learn how to actually write until Latin, hence the Cicero reference)

Everyone — I lack spoons for trolls, enjoy your chew toys!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Argenti

Don’t make the five-paragraph essay sound better than it is! The way I was originally taught (8th grade), It was:

Topic Sentence, Point One, Point Two, Point Three, Conclusion Sentence

Point One Sentence from Paragraph One, Subpoints One, Two, Three, Conclusion Sentence

Point Two Sentence from Paragraph One, Subpoints One, Two, Three, Conclusion Sentence

Point Three Sentence from Paragraph One, Subpoints One, Two, Three, Conclusion Sentence

Conclusion Sentence from Paragraph One, Conclusion Sentences from Paragraphs Two, Three, Four, New Conclusion Sentence

I wrote an essay following exactly this for my State Competency Exam in HS (11th?) and got a 5/6. It is a miracle I can write at all.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I should note that my HS had taught me to write for the AP Exams so I was a better writer than five-paragraph essay me, but I just didn’t care/knew I wouldn’t fail.

Marie

@some gal and argenti aertheri.

I hate those essays. I don’t really think writing can be taught with a formula. Most of the time they just sound stilted.

related, I mentioned this:

Needless to say, colleges immediately teach you how not to write like that.

to my sister, sine I thought she’s enjoy it, as she just lost points on an essay for not doing it in that format XD

Argenti Aertheri

Some Gal — lol, yeah, it really is terrible!

Marie — I mean, depending how much longer she has in school, she may just have to deal with it for the sake of her grades. But yes, colleges will want all the writing skills you have to suppress to manage that formula. So she shouldn’t feel bad about hating it!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Marie

Stilted and mind-numbingly repetitive. Good writing shouldn’t repeat sentences (even if they are slightly re-written, as seen in stage 2 of the “learning to write badly to graduate” lesson plan).

@argenti aertheri

So far it’s only been one essay, and she was upset because it lowered her grade to a B+ 😛 Probably is bad, but my grades always sucked, so I’m like but a B+ is good.

It’s an online school, both of us ended up dropping out earlier due to depression, but I just want to take the GED and she’s trying to finish school and go to college. She either has one or two years left, depending on how many classes she gets in.

Marie

Oh, ps, good news, I got a job! 😀 (seemed slightly related… maybe not…I’m just all excited since I’ve been feeling useless since my anti depressants started working and I can finally probably do something. )

cloudiah

Congrats on the job, Marie!

Creative Writing Student

@Marie

Yay job!

@Cloudiah

Thanks! 😀

@creative writing student

Thanks 😀 and that’s a cute puppy. Sadly, I am not like that puppy, because my worry and my excitement kind of interfere with each other. Just nervous because it’s my first job that’s…how to phrase this…long? It’s babysitting, but I’ve been only for a couple hours until now, and I’m babysitting for the mom while she’s at work until june so… quite a while for me.

Sorry for turning this thread all about me … *blushes*

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Marie

You can always do college with a GED (now, in the future, or never 🙂 ). It might not have as many options, but it is possible. The boyfriend did it (he dropped out of middle school due to emotional stuff and only went back to “formal” education for college).

Congrats on the job!

@ some gal

thanks for advice 🙂 Though I don’t think I’ll do a huge college diploma. I do want to do some college classes though, but most of the jobs I’ve been looking into don’t require college education. Works for me, because somehow I don’t think I could handle a 4+ more years. Heck, I didn’t make it through 2 in highschool.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

I suppose there’s the whole “writing for your audience” thing… if your audience hates decent essays, write a 5-paragraph one. :p

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

@Marle: In all fairness, college is way more fun than high school.

@bagelsan

*giggles* I mean, I think it’s a fine thing to teach when kids are just starting to write essays, like in junior high, but after that they should have some nice time to tweak it or dump it or whatever. To find their own writing style. It would be pretty overwhelming your first essay or so to have to wing the whole thing.

@Marle: In all fairness, college is way more fun than high school.

Hopefully…I’m just very suspicious.

Some gal, I learned that exact same essay format, too. Ye gods, it’s amazing any of us can express a coherent thought.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

A 5 paragraph essay about MRAs:

MRAs are Men’s Rights Advocates. They congregate online. MRAs are terrible people.

MRAs are terrible smelling. This is evidenced by their basic lack of social skills and hygiene. No one likes to be near them. This causes them to be incredibly bitter and lonely.

MRAs are terrible writers. This is evidenced by their incoherent walls of text. No one wants to talk to them. This causes them to be incredibly bitter and lonely.

MRAs are terrible in bed. This is evidenced by their basic misunderstanding of the human body and of human emotion. No one wants to sleep with them. This causes them to be incredibly bitter and lonely.

In conclusion, MRAs are shitty examples of barely-human douchefaces. All throughout the world MRAs are terrible, and they will be forever more. The end.