creepy evil sexy ladies misogyny sluts

The search for a slut-free college

Don't let the books fool you -- these gals are up to no good!
Don’t let the books fool you — these gals are up to no good!

So the high school freshman who calls himself Bostonian42 is thinking ahead to college. And he’s got questions. Well, actually just one question, which he’s asking people about every college he’s interested in: is this college full of sluts? Because if it is, he wants none of it.

Here he is, inquiring about Dartmouth:

Dartmouth

He’s posted similar comments for eight other colleges.

Sounds like he may want to avoid whatever college it is that Amanda here is going to. (See here for more from this inadvertantly hilarious comic book.)

110

(Thanks to @MaraWritesStuff on Twitter for alerting the world to Boston42’s noble quest.)

(Oh, and I guess I’m back to posting again, though my posts may be a little light for awhile.)

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Can I judge PurpleFail’s grammar? I’mma judge his grammar.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Hey purple gobshite, you wanna judge women, how about judging the men doing the same thing in the same way? Wouldn’t like anyone to think you had double standards or anything.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Maybe his name is Purple Priapism. ‘Cause that is the mating call of a man getting none.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Dammit, Bagelsan, you owe me a cup of cocoa now!

howardbann1ster

So much fail.

Judge women for sluttiness = judging them by a standard you hold no men to. From now on, I’m doing a mental thing where when you call a woman a slut I hear STUD. This will improve my own life 100%, I think.

Judge women for sluttiness = cuz it’s totally your business who they sleep with.

Judge women for sluttiness = continuing a long line of policing women’s sexuality that has NEVER been about benefiting women, but benefiting men.

I could go on and on. There are so many levels of wrong packed into such a tiny comment….

Shiraz
Shiraz

Hey purps, how many women (assuming you’re straight) have you been with? If you say a certain magical number, I’m going to assume you’re filthy and not worthy of any woman who just wants a nice, sweet guy. If you say a number too low — or admit you’re a virgin at all, some women with bad intentions may go after you because they want to take advantage of your inexperience. In fact, you’re worth more because of that inexperience. But keep in mind, what these suspiciously pious women intend for you has nothing to do with what you want (even if it’s just a bit of fun). No, you’re their reward for being so awesome and at the same time, insecure.

How’s that feel, purps?

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

I like this idea!

Marie
Marie

@howardbann1ster

I should do this too. It’d certainly make things nicer.

@Purple Prick

Nobody cares what you think about women. Also, I fail to see how who women sleep with/ how they dress affects you.

The Purple Star
The Purple Star

So much fail.

o.O

Judge women for sluttiness = judging them by a standard you hold no men to.

That’s where you’re wrong, howardbann1ster. A promiscuous man is just as much of a slut as a woman who behaves that way. I hold everybody to the same standard : gay/straight/man/woman/cis/trans.

Wellllll, if I’m sleeping with a woman who is sleeping around with other men then yeah, it *is* my bzns since our sex lives intersect. If you make your sexual endeavors known to others, then people are going to judge you for it.

See above. I couldn’t care less about what happened in the olden days; that was then this now. IDK where you people get this idea that women are speshul snowflakes that are entitled to exemption from judgement for their actions. Whatever happened to responsibility? Oh wait, that’s right……..It’s just for the guys.

cloudiah

Keep building those strawmen, Purple, and we’ll keep setting fire to them.

But seriously, why are you here? Is there some argument you want to make? Or are you just trollin’?

Marie
Marie

@purple prick

Why do you care so much about judging people for how much sex they have. If you don’t want to have sex with someone who’s had a lot, don’t. But not everyone has to have your standards.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I… what?

What do you think happens to people when they have sex with each other, Purple? Do you think it cosmically injures nearby kittens? What are you judging them for, exactly?

ArchaeoHolmes
ArchaeoHolmes

@Purple car
What fucking business is it of yours what other people do, you curtain-twitcher, you?

Btw, the STUD idea is tops

M Dubz
M Dubz

Dude, I don’t think ANY of us here are holding women and men to a different standard. I know personally, as long as everyone in the sexual encounter is open and honest, I don’t care how many other people they have fucked or will fuck in the future. It is seriously all good.

Also, re: responsibility. It is totally possible to be suuuuuuper slutty and also suuuuuper responsible by being honest with your partners, practicing safer sex, and getting tested regularly. And it’s possible to be a manipulative, dishonest, cheating virgin.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Oh hey, purps, you bullshit here:

“See above. I couldn’t care less about what happened in the olden days; that was then this now. IDK where you people get this idea that women are speshul snowflakes that are entitled to exemption from judgement for their actions.”

What the hell does that mean? Slut-shaming is good? You disregard history on purpose? You can’t talk about this subject analytically without consulting the past, dispshit. What? All women with a sexual past have an STD? Is that what you’re implying?
In what dimension are men called sluts for bedding a shit-ton of women? Go ahead, I’m listening. And this “responsibility” you keep invoking? Please explain how having a sexual history requires judgement.

“Whatever happened to responsibility? Oh wait, that’s right……..It’s just for the guys.”

You are in denial, son. Men are called sluts for liking to fuck? When? Where? Women get blamed for getting raped. Are you talking about getting women pregnant, and then men getting asked to help support the child? Be clear. Please, be clear.

BigMomma

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

*ducks to avoid the point flying over purps head*

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“The olden days” LOL LOL

Today is apparently the olden days for Mister Oh So Modern.

Kim
Kim

@Purple
To understand how ridiculous you sound, imagine you’re talking about something else that just as much not your business, like how often people go to the park, or if they always go to the same park.

That’s behaviour that they can control, and you can judge them for it too if you really want to. But all that shows is that you’re the one with the problem.

It’s a bit like freedom of speech.. just because you can say anything stupid damn thing that occurs to you, doesn’t make it right or sensible, or immune from criticism.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I go to a park every day! Sometimes I go to a different park in the afternoon! Sometimes I’ll go to a third park! And sometimes I’ll even go looking for a random park! I’m a total park slut!

Kim
Kim

You are kitteh! I am judging you so hard right now!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::slinks to corner of Park Slut shame::

ostara321
ostara321

That’s great, you’re apparently an entitled, judgemental jerk to everyone. I bet you’re a real joy at parties. The thing is, even if YOU personally DO in fact hold everyone to the same standards, not everyone else does, historically or currently. Your judgement is up against a background of years and years and years of judging only women for presumed sexual promiscuity and shaming them for it. There is no such parallel for shaming men. Calling a man a “slut” has nowhere near the weight that calling a woman a “slut” has because historically (and currently) men were (are) encouraged to be promiscuous or at least, it wasn’t (isn’t) thought of as a big concern if they were. When you judge anyone you just sound annoying and like someone who’s complaining about something that isn’t any of their business. But when you judge women specifically, you feed into that history of judging and shaming women for something men are typically not judged for nearly as much. Not to mention, if you dig deeper into history, (and not by much) there’s way darker punishments than just being called a slut for women who are merely presumed to be promiscuous. (why the hell am I bothering explaining feminism 101 with this troll??)

Do you sleep with men too? Is that why you hold men to the same standards? If not, this statement is in direct contradiction to your previous statement. Either you are merely concerned about people’s sexual history because you are concerned about your health (which is still rather suspect, since rather than shaming a partner into telling you all their past partners so you can call them a slutty slut, an STD test would be way more effective in gauging any potential health risks in part because not all STDs are contracted via sex, not all “sluts” contract diseases, and not everyone is going to be super forthcoming with an accusatory partner, particularly a partner who says “If you make your sexual endeavors known to others, then people are going to judge you for it.”) OR you just like to judge people. Which is fine, but don’t be surprised when people judge you for being an insufferable douchecanoe who shames people for things that are none of hir business. Yes, if you’re someone who wants to be in a monogamous relationship it is good to be with someone else who wants that as well, but it’s generally considered bad form to follow your partner around, watching them for slutty behavior. Especially when you can do this thing called talking to your partner about like, what you want out of the relationship, whether you want to be monogamous, etc. Of course, this all assumes you are in fact merely concerned about someone else’s sex life because you are intimate with them and you do not want to contract a disease and do not want any misunderstandings of the terms of the relationship, rather than perhaps just being someone who likes to pass judgement on strangers you presume to be promiscuous based on mannerisms, dress and body type.*

I’m not sure what you mean by “responsibility”. Responsibility to keep from getting pregnant? A lot of women do use contraceptives. If you are concerned about this though, it’s been proven time and time again that comprehensive sex ed (ie, teaching people how to use contraceptives) is generally way more effective than trying to shame people into abstinence. Or do you mean responsibility to keep from contracting and/or spreading diseases? Again, if that’s your concern, surely you’re much more worried about people getting vaccines when they can and using protection as much as possible? As far as responsibility being just for the guys, if you mean it in either of the above contexts, there are male and female condoms and male and female contraceptives. However, women are actually generally expected to be far more “responsible” in cases of disease contraction or accidental pregnancy. Historically AND currently.

*my money’s on “zie just likes to pass judgement on strangers zie presumes to be promiscuous based on mannerisms, dress and body type.”

howardbann1ster

THIS! I knew there was something wrong with the answers… but I couldn’t tease it out. Thanks, Ostara!

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Ooh, The Kitteh’s, I only go to one park regularly. ‘Cause it’s super close to my house. But that doesn’t make me lazy, it makes makes me less slutty than you! OH SNAP. PARK HO.

ostara321
ostara321

@Howard, no problem. I’m not the best troll wrangler, but I do believe Manboobz has given me a very good tutorial on troll wrangling.

Gillian

I went to this one park where they totally shamed me into joining their so-called “Friends of the Park” group, which was totally UNFAIR because it’s too cold for going there now but I still paid!! AND AND AND there were other people in the park even though I gave them my money!!! Damn slutty parks. Next thing you know there will be new parks, and I’ll probably have to pay for THOSE too!!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I cannot currently go to parks, but I would like to. I am inpark you guys! INPARK! INPARK! Pity me and bring me parks!

ShiOres
ShiOres

Sorry for the derail, but does anyone here know the blog of self-confessed “liberal” racist race-realist Robert Lindsay? Some time ago he also wrote about sluts and the double-standard which was super-misogynist (the particular irony is, that he always claims to be different than “those women-hating MRAs”) but gives a nice outline of all the hypocritical thinking.

Proceed at own risk…

Gillian

@Sideliner As a past member of the Royal Order of Bostonians (Cambridgeport chapter), I’m totally for your plan. Maybe you could throw in a duckboat, or name a Mr Bartley’s burger for the college that takes him off your hands? I spend part of my year in Boston, and I’d really like it if I knew there was one less chuckleduck to worry about running into!!

Thanks for the whole sluttiness olympics thing (is this be part of the cuntathalon?). I’m undercaffeinated, because I was laughing too hard to drink my coffee, but it was totes worth it!

@bekabot From what I’ve heard about the seminaries, they aren’t necessarily free from Slutty McSluttersons, though maybe Bs42 doesn’t mind the slutz so long as they are men. I think I’m for Some Gal’s solution: Bs42 should just go live in a basement and take classes online so that he doesn’t get teh slutcootiez (which we all know is the true cause of ‘beer’ gut and male pattern baldness).

@Halite

YOU WILL CATCH SLUTOTOXICITY AND DIE FROM IT.

I am booking my tickets this afternoon!

Marie
Marie

I luckily have renounced my ways of park sluttery. I used to see two parks, but now that I’m much closer to the one with the soccer field in it I only see one. Wait…I’m only seeing this park for it’s soccer field. Does this make me a park-gold digger?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Ahem. Allow me to state this in a way that’s more on purple’s level.

You may judge people any way you wish. Judge away, my angry little friend! It’s just that there’s no reason why anyone else should care.

Gillian

@ShiOres I made it to “Women are frankly completely out of control, and I don’t see what good has come of all this shit.” and by then the gagging got in the way of continued reading.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Gillian

I think you made it further than I did. I got to the bit about promiscuity damaging women’s souls and gave up.

Gillian

@Some Gal …yeah, but not manly men’s souls because… reasons? There was a part of me that was hoping maybe he would try to make some reasonably sane point, so I held on long after I started feeling queasy. I wanted there to be something about the dangers for all people of looking at sex as a contest or a power trip, and it all seemed to boil down to “freedom to fuck around is necessary for men because otherwise they’ll go around shooting people, but women who sleep with more than one person are slutty crazy people and the source of societal collapse.”

Ugh, ugh, a thousand times ugh

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I have to be pedantic about math again here. If the men need to sleep around or they’ll be miserable (baw), and the women aren’t allowed to sleep around, and the men are straight, who are the men supposed to fuck?

Gillian

@Cassandra Sadly, I know this one. See, that’s why prostitution has to be legal, so that there can be brothels everywhere, and manly men can avoid testosterone poisoning by regularly siphoning off the supply. You know, like blood transfusions. Because it’s unfair, not to mention completely unhealthy (cuz, you know, that overpowering manly male sexydrive) that women can say no to men and some men never get to have sex and then go off to do bad things. Men need to have easily available sex as a “safety valve”, and if they can’t get it from wives and girlfriends and random women in bars, they will totally get sick and die, or go crazy and kill people.

/shit my colleagues say

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Gillian

What kind of person continues to engage in an activity that they think is damaging someone else’s soul? (I don’t believe in souls, but even in a metaphorical sense, I couldn’t do something like that.)

@CassandraSays

This guy’s answer seems to be that sluts are great for having sex with, it just destroys the women bit by bit in the process. I assume that using up/hurting their souls is part of the appeal. He just divides women into two groups: good, keeping civilization going women, and soul-destroyed empty shells that make the math work out.

(He thinks male “betas” also keep civilization going and they match up with the “good” women.)

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Gillian

Ugh. I am so sorry you have to hear that shit in person. 🙁

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Yeah, if I believed in souls I wouldn’t much like the idea that fucking people would result in destroying theirs. You have to be a pretty messed up person to be OK with that.

Gillian

@Cassandra/Some Gal I’m totally with you. Anyone who keeps doing something that they realize directly harms other people is less than fully human. Just my opinion.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Even more so when their explanation is “well, but it doesn’t hurt the important people, like my sister, so you can’t say it’s sexist”.

Gillian

@Some Gal Thanks. Unfortunately, I like the eating and living indoors thing, so I have to be around these people, at least long enough to finish my contract. The work part isn’t as bad, because it’s mostly about technical stuff, but some amount of socializing with them is also mandatory if I want to continue getting work from them (lately the more interesting gigs are a bit sparse) and its when you get them away from work that the brown squishy stuff starts piling up.

I do often feel the need to take a long, hot shower when I get back from hanging out. Unfortunately there are only two other women in the whole department (oh, other than “the marketing girls”) and there isn’t a critical mass to encourage them to behave themselves, in fact they seem to enjoy being able to behave so badly where women aren’t in a position to object (it is, after all, a social grouping and, theoretically, they can stay or go as they choose).

Marie
Marie

@gillian

gah. Glad I didn’t read that article, but I guess especially with the newest post up, I keep feeling like if I was actually in a world where all men, or at least a large portion of them killed people without sex I’d want them all locked up. Obviously, there are a huge number of decent men out there, but every time someone spew this shit part of me goes ‘oh, so men can’t control themselves to avoid hurting people, I guess they all belong in prison’. Ugh. Idk. I’m rambling. It just feels like the people who say that never actually think about the logical conclusion of the line. I can’t tell if I’m making any sense.

*eyetwitch*

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Gillian

I know the type, unfortunately. Sometimes it is really nice not being subjected to other people…

@Marie

Locking up all men is a perfectly reasonable response if they couldn’t control themselves like is so often claimed. They don’t really think it through because their privilege protects them from the logical consequences of those sorts of claims. Women (and other underprivileged groups) who have actually (historically and currently) faced being locked up or otherwise penalized for similarly untrue reasons are less likely to rely on explanations that logically conclude with restrictions on their own behavior. Instead, of course, people suggest that women change their behavior, which is bullshit.

Luckily, men can control their behavior and hopefully if we keep repeating it often enough (and the logical consequences of the men are slavering beasts theory), we can change the way these discussions go.

Gillian

@Marie It’s been my experience, so far, that people who spout stuff like this specifically don’t think. They have some underlying grudge or feelings because of something that may have happened to them or to someone they love, and then they have some quick, knee-jerk reaction that sounds good on the face of things. Asking them to think through the logical consequences of what they just said (when they say something really questionable) is a good way to tell those who just came to a conclusion and went forward never thinking about it again, and those who have thought it through long and hard (like the hand-cutting dickwad from upthread or maybe the men who hate women thread) and have revealed themselves to be sociopaths.

But it most likely won’t change their mind, so know that going in. And it can get you into an unsafe situation if they get stroppy about being challenged… (see the current top post)

Freemage
Freemage

Gillian & Cassandra:

It’s… it’s worse than that, even. If you follow the… I can’t even begin to call it ‘logic’, so I’m just gonna say, “If you accept the delusional premises,” then you just end up at that lovely place called, ‘she was asking for it’. In other words, since men ‘need’ sex and women ‘need’ to avoid sex, it makes totes sense for men to rape women; those women who get raped are ‘sluts’ for not properly guarding their own chastity.

Now I need a vomitorium for typing that. Some days I really, really hate my ability to climb into other people’s points of view. ‘scuse.

@Some Gal

Nicely put, as per usual!

Sometimes it works, too, so I shouldn’t be so pessimistic. Most people are good people, no matter how it seems when you happen to be temporarily surrounded by examples of the worst. It wears on me, and I don’t know what to do about it.

Gillian

@Freemage Worse still, the “sluts” deserve what they get because they behave so badly that there is no male who would be willing to stand up and defend them. Because the only women worthy of defense are those who have given over control of their sexuality to a man.

(sorry, just barfed a little in my mouth there…)

Of course, again with the not thinking through because, for one rape has little to do with sex itself and less still to do with anything but the perpetrator’s desire to be a terrorist.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Marie

Have a kitten?

(Although even with the cute kitty, you can’t escape the person who posted the video captioning it “retard cat.” Grr. I am so totally feeling you on the worn down.)

Mocking, kittens, breaks, spending time with good people, etc. The bad shit is going to wear you out though, there isn’t anything that completely fixes that, I am sorry to say.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I quoted the caption on a youtube video and triggered moderation. Let’s try again without the slur I was complaining about (but be warned, there will be a slur if you go to youtube and possibly in the video as at least one of the ones I just watched used it.)

@Marie

Have a kitten?

(Although even with the cute kitty, you can’t escape the person who posted the video captioning it “r****d cat.” Grr. I am so totally feeling you on the worn down.)