advocacy of violence are these guys 12 years old? dozens of upvotes evil women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men taking pleasure in women's pain why can't men punch women?

Hitting Women: Is it a Man’s Right?

Booster Gold: Woman Puncher, Men's Rights Hero
Booster Gold: Woman Puncher, Men’s Rights Hero

The Man Boobz Pledge Drive continues. See here for more details, or click below to donate.

And now back to our regularly scheduled post:

Someone posted this picture in the Men’s Rights subreddit yesterday with the title “Equality.”

[Trigger Warning: Depiction of violence against women.]

boosterhit

Yep, that’s right, equality is all about hitting women.  (Click the image for a larger version.)

The punchy superhero in question, Booster Gold,  is from the future, and “in the future he is from there is actual equality, or at least enough of it for the “you wouldn’t hit a girl” thing to not be any kind of issue,” as one Men’s Rightser explained in the comments,

Yep, in MRA-land, men hitting women – sorry, girls — is considered “progress.”

And a critical men’s rights issue. Responding to a Redditor who thought the picture was “fantastic” but wondered if it should be in the Men’s Rights subreddit, BlueOak offered this explanation:

MRblueoak

Making it socially acceptable for men to hit women, evidently a key plank on the Men’s Rights platform.

Wouldn’t it make a little more sense to work towards a world in which, you know, neither men nor women were getting punched on a regular basis?

pecunium

I see Naïf is trying to bolster his ego again, with the use of what pass for bon mots.

I’m terribly juvenile. Thats why I try to marginalize people and act like a vindictive ass on internet forums.

Don’t we know it. On the upside, admitting you have a problem is the first step to solving it.

hellkell
hellkell

BBQ of Sorrow sounds more like a Coldplay album.

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

Yes, and here I am calculating each stab of the needle for my quilt of bitterly cold comfort.

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

pecunium

You’re above that.

A tangent..Whats your story. I’m genuinely curious. You seem like you’ve lived a life and a half.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’m going through my work email bitterly, because free music makes me sad.

cloudiah

I got really good news on work email today about two contract employees I supervise. They were supposed to be laid off soon, but the big boss liked my justification for keeping them on and told us he would kick in the money to cover their salaries/benefits for at least another year!

I’m furious and full of angst.

hellkell
hellkell

I may take the nap of pissiness and snuggle with the cats of despair in a bit.

Aw, now he wants Pecunium’s story, like he’s earned the right to ask anything of anyone here.

pecunium

Na&iumlf;You’re above that.

Above what? Being scornful of people I think scornworthy? Think again.

See that, right there, that’s why you get scorn. What makes you think I have any interest in being chummy with you? What gives you the idea that I want to share my life’s story with you?

Esp. when the merest modicum of effort would gain it for you. I’m not hiding much. It out there, something close to 15 years of my writing is findable on the internet.

pecunium

Well. I suppose I can give you this much, “I was born a poor black child…” From there it gets complicated.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Actually the idea of a BBQ of Sorrow tour works. It can feature all the old bands that were big in the 80s, but who’re playing state fairs and/or Vegas now.

All these comments about being misidentified suggest as a species we should maybe stop trying to guess the ethnicity of other people.

BUT THEN HOW WOULD WE JUDGE PEOPLE?

hellkell
hellkell

HAHAHA, you just made my day with that reference.

LBT

O_o I have a male friend who has bought me (extremely expensive, by my terms) dinners before. He doesn’t do this because he wants into my pants–he has explicitly stated not to be attracted to me, and I’m not attracted to him. He does it because he makes OODLES more money than I do, and his way of expressing affection is getting me nice food when we visit each other. I think he feels bad that I’m living in a crawl space, and getting me nice sushi that he knows I can’t get on my own helps him feel better. (And god knows, I appreciate the occasional creme brulee as much as the next guy!)

As for the ones too shy to speak… that’s THEIR thing, not mine. I mean, hell, I was here for the system members before me who were too shy to speak. They never felt it was their object of desire’s obligation to read their mind. If they couldn’t cough up their honest intentions… that was on them.

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

My suggestion? Socioeconomic status. Its what clothes are for.

LBT

Thats cool because you’re both on the same page. But if you had a similar relationship with a different guy and he hinted at a desire for romance, how would you react?

As to the shy? Just because you’re good at being upfront doesn’t mean everyone else is. Yes mind-reading is unreasonable, but if you have your suspicions, I think you should mention them.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s kind of funny how many of our trolls follow this same pattern of ignoring what everyone else is talking about and trying to steer the conversation back to whatever they happen to be obsessing over.

cloudiah

Yay, dryer repair dude is here. Or was that the other thread?

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

pecunium

As to the scorn, meh. I choose to react to it with meh. Its a wasted emotion.

“We ate crowdaddies. When we didn’t have any crawdaddies, we ate sand”
“You ate sand”
“We ate sand”

pecunium

Naiïf: I can choose my reaction to others on this forum. I don’t reciprocate the general hostility here towards me. I don’t let others have that kind of control over me.

You don’t? Then why the treatment of hellkell, of emily, of Cassandra, of katz, of me?

Seems you are being controlled pretty well.

pecunium

As to eating sand… not the right reference. Not even the right genre.

RE: Diogenes

That would depend. Do I RECOGNIZE these hints? My husband tried to put his hand down my pants, and I STILL didn’t get that he was attracted to me. If he couldn’t make his intentions clear that way, someone more subtle has no chance whatsoever.

If I DO recognize the hints, I would likely respond one of a few ways, depending on the person. My most knee-jerk would be intense discomfort and bolting, because I’m very open about being both monogamous and married, and someone who doesn’t recognize or respect that would not inspire confidence.

And if they don’t know me that well… then WHY are they in a position to be spending so much money on me? My rich friend had to have a sit-down talk with me to get me okay with him spending on me, and I’ve known him for over five years. The likelihood of being in the company of someone who knows me well enough that I allow them too buy me expensive sushi but doesn’t know me well enough to know I’m MARRIED… well, that’s highly unlikely.

LBT

“We ate crowdaddies. When we didn’t have any crawdaddies, we ate sand”
“You ate sand”
“We ate sand”

…what is this reference? (Also, it’s crawdads. CrawDADs. I got New Orleans kinfolk, I know these things.)

cloudiah

@LBT, It’s (loosely) from Raising Arizona, and it’s crawdads in the original.

Thanks Cloudiah.

(I don’t understand how anyone could say ‘crayfish.’ ‘Crawdads’ feels so much easier to say to me.)

cloudiah

You get a line, and I’ll get a pole, honey
You get a line, and I’ll get a pole, babe
You get a line and I’ll get a pole, we’ll go down to the crawdad hole
Honey, baby mine

cloudiah

Gad, now I’m going to be singing that all day.

cloudiah

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

LBT

This is going to sound weird, but that sounds incredibly cute. I think missing a signal like that seems…. endearing. Like, a mistake any of us (ok, me) could have made. Bolting on an unwanted advance? Endearing and honest.

My first association with that song is the version McLeach sings in The Rescuers Down Under (although, now that I think about it, why is an Australian singing an American folk song?).

Can’t find a clip of it, so here’s the part where a frilled lizard rides a goanna.

cloudiah

Well LBT, now he’s fixating on you. 0_o

RE: cloudiah

OH MY GOD THAT SONG! It was embedded in some deep forgotten recess of my brain, back before English had entirely gotten worked out, and listening to it had an insta-brain memory effect. Thanks for the memory! At least now I know that my childhood memory (of the song being completely gibberish) isn’t true.

RE: Diogenes

Enh, it might seem endearing on the surface… but I hated myself a LOT. That was just one of the more obvious ways it manifested at the time, and that it failed to corrode my relationship with my husband speaks to his tenacity. Nowadays, I’ve gotten more astute, but being mostly asexual, it still takes me a little effort to remember that other people sometimes want to fuck other people.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I hope all these meals are going to be accompanied by wine made from the grapes of wrath.

Ba-doom-tish!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Bolting on an unwanted advance? Endearing and honest.

What LBT said: ” My most knee-jerk would be intense discomfort and bolting, because I’m very open about being both monogamous and married, and someone who doesn’t recognize or respect that would not inspire confidence.” (emphasis mine)

How on earth can you read someone feeling that way as being cute? Creepy, dude, creepy. It’s like you think turning down advances or being uncomfortable/scared is some sort of appealing eccentricity – and there’s a subtext of it being something to be ignored (“cute” does not suggest something that’s going to be taken seriously).

I daresay you’ll do your standard “Oh you don’t know what I meant/you’re reading too much into it” line to this, but PLEASE consider your words and what they implied.

Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Is that supervillain wearing spade nippleshields?

Christ, comics suck. I keep hoping Jesus will smite the SDCC. The word “creepy” would drop of of usage permanently.

hellkell
hellkell

Kitteh’s: you know this halfwit would pursue someone who bolted, just because HE thinks it’s cute. It’s rude and creepy, and it’s kind of like what he does when he barges in here.

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

Yeah I got the same vibe and thought the same thing in response Kitteh.

No Diogenes, its not endearing and its not cute. Its a big fucking flashing neon sign to back it up dude.

LBT

Yo, Dragon, what’s the SDCC? If you mean San Diego Comic Con, I don’t get what you mean.

Also, comics don’t suck. It’s all a matter of Sturgeon’s law, compadre.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

Fuck off. Plenty of non-creepy people attend SDCC and plenty of creepy people feel exactly as you do about it.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

That was @Dragon Slayer (obviously, I hope)

LBT

Enh, I am actually willing to give Diogenes a tiny bit of slack on that one. Because I think he was reading it as me being endearingly socially awkward, when in fact I have Issues. It might seem cute at first, but when you have to live with them day in, day out, they become a lot less sweet.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

It was clear, Some Gal! 🙂

Yeah, I got the impression of Diogenes or some other creep hitting on a person – possibly pawing them – and when they pull away in shock or fear, patting them on the head and making some godawful condescending or downright rapey comments. Totally predatory. My reaction to any sort of advance, even if it’s just some jackass customer pretending to flirt, is pretty similar to LBT’s, and for much the same reason. Any sleaze who came out with an “Oh, isn’t that cute!” reaction would get a KILL WITH FIRE reaction, at least if I was more angry than scared.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“Reaction” twice in one sentence. Buggrit!

Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Not really. By definition, every single person who willingly walks into that odiferous mixture of dried semen and fromunda cheese is one creepy motherfucker.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Dragon Slayer

Nope. You are still wrong.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LBT – I don’t know whether it was cluelessness (failing to get that other people have boundaries) or thinking seeing someone’s reaction to their boundaries being violated is cute, but it was well over the line as I read it. Clueless rather than deliberate is about the only slack I’m giving on this one. Wasn’t aimed at me, I know, but it’s a situation I can very easily read myself into, so it got the hackles rising on my own account as well as yours.

Even if it was him reading socially awkward, where does he get off ignoring your specific description of feeling intense discomfort?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Draggin’ Arks’s definition of creepy seems to include everyone except him and (presumably) the blokes he allegedly has sex with.

RE: Kittehs

I admit, I have trouble differentiating between a polite flirtation and a creepy one. I also feel guilty about how I reacted to one guy from high school trying to re-initiate with, “I had such deep feelings for you,” and I reacted… badly. So… yeah.

Oh, Dragon Slayer. Never change your colorful, colorful vocabulary and peculiar turns of phrase.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LBT – I find flirtation creepy even if I don’t think the guy is actually being creepy, if that makes any sense. It makes my skin crawl. I don’t know if it’s the more-or-less asexual thing, or the husband-exclusively thing, but the sense of anyone else acting in a remotely sexual way to me, or that they might want/expect me to reciprocate … at best it might be so ridiculous it’s funny, like the young guy who asked me to be his Valentine the other week; mostly it’s just EURRRGH.

Risk
Risk

Of course men shouldn’t hit women for no reason but anytime a woman squares up to you, or threatens you with physical violence you should be able to retaliate. Just as you would man. Men understand the unspoken rule of violating personal space in an aggressive manner will spawn a reaction.

Infact a woman attacking you with a Knife should be beaten WORSE than a man attacking you, because the woman attacking you know she has the backing of the law and the state to stab you and she will be given shelter in a Domestic Violence Scam house. While the tyrannical state Feminist enforcers that men nation wide of all colors and creeds come to call “police” will chain and haul you away; all the while you are bleeding profusely from the gash in your arm.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Bullshit. The simple rule is that you respond with proportionate force, enough to STOP the attack on you, regardless of who is doing the attacking. You don’t start beating someone when you’ve stopped the attack because that is launching an assault of your own.

Sounds to me like you’re more interested in being able to beat women than in protecting yourself. Your whole post was pulled straight out of your arse.

cloudiah

Overly dramatic much, Risk?

1 3 4 5