a woman is always to blame antifeminism armageddon contraception evil women gloating grandiosity hypocrisy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA only men pay taxes apparently oppressed men pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles racism taking pleasure in women's pain your time will come

Crystal Bawling: Spearheaders look forward to an apocalyptic future in which the ladies finally get their comeuppance

futurecrystalball

Over at The Spearhead, the boys are thinking about tomorrow – to be more specific, about the year 2020, the date at which an MRA calling himself The Fifth Horseman predicted in an eccentric online manifesto that a convergence of forces would lead to the popping of what he calls “the misandry bubble,” and that the ensuing gender apocalypse would put the uppity ladies of the world firmly in their place.

In a post, Spearhead head boy W.F. Price notes that “cliodynamicist” Peter Turchin is also predicting big changes around 2020 (though unlike The Fifth Horseman, Turchin doesn’t base any part of his theory on the development of super-hot Virtual Reality sexbots). This naturally inspires the assembled Spearheaders to start scratching their own crystal balls, enthralled with visions of a future Armageddon that forces the ladies to come crying to them for forgiveness.

Jay R, a sort of apocalyptic deficit hawk, blames the ladies for the US government’s big debts:

Government has acted as though economic principles don’t apply to it — borrowing can increase forever without significant consequence. Riiiiiiiiight. And let’s not forget that the bulk of government debt and spending is a transfer of resources from men to women. It is primarily women who owe this debt. Will they be able to repay it? Only with massive devaluation of the currency.

And then he imagines women owing men a whole other sort of debt, which he has simply made up, and predicts that this debt will come crashing down on women’s heads – a notion that seems to give him a bit of a rage-boner:

Similarly, women’s social debt to men — the incalculable damages resulting from women’s wholesale breach of the social contract — is unsustainable, and when the crash comes, women’s tears will be bitter indeed. This is justice — but still regretable, if one thinks how things might have turned out if radical feminist hatred had not comandeered the process of compromise between the sexes.

True equality for women is on the horizon. When they finally are accorded the same treatment as men, and realize how far they have fallen — how much they themselves have been devalued as a sex — they will think themselves in hell.

Rod Van Mechelen of Backlash.com has an even more elaborate apocalyptic fantasy – although he’s a bit less certain about its outcome being a good one for men. In this portion of a long comment, he speculates about a couple of possible (by which I mean completely and ludicrously impossible) outcomes:

Demographically, the relative value of fecund females is set to go hyperbolic by 2020, when insane policies in Asia and the Subcontinent will manifest a shortage of women of child bearing age. In the past, when war has created a shortage of men, peace and prosperity were the result. What will happen when we have a shortage of women? Will we see a rise in female power, with matriarchies like the ones in Robert Heinlein’s classic, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress? Will we see rampant homosexuality and mandatory sexual servitude for women, as in J. Neil Schulmann’s The Rainbow Cadenza?

Uh, I think I’m going to go with “none of the above.”

Prolific MRA commenter and regular A Voice for Men contributor Keyster predicts (surprise, surprise!) economic collapse and riots in the streets.

[W]hen the money runs out and California becomes Greece, the federal government will step in with “emergency funds” and National Guard troops…a federal government that continues to borrow abroad to sustain itself. Do you see the snake eating it’s tail yet? And we have to wonder why there’s a nationwide shortage of guns and ammo?

Naturally, the rioters will be black.

If you thought inner city blacks were angry over Rodney King, just wait until they become desperate for food. Asian shop owners will be over-run in days, further distribution to these war zones will cease – and they’ll branch out to the tony suburbs seeking sustinence and easy prey. Drones will be called in to contain the rovering marauding gangs.

Keyster predicts that all these scary riots will lead the (presumably non-black, non-rioting) ladies to start batting their eyelashes at big strong (presumably non-black, non-rioting) men.

Men will notice a decided shift in women’s once hostile attitude towards them. “Can I get you a sandwhich honey?” “Are you thirsty?” “Need a back rub?”

They will be actively engaged in seeking out male protectors and openly using sexual allure to attract them as mates. Men are so much better at defending themselves from bad guys, so you’ll want one with you if you’re a woman.

Greyghost, meanwhile, imagines that the anti-uppity-female effects of an economic collapse will be enhanced by … the development of a male birth control pill. (You may need to read this one slowly; Mr. Ghost is not what you’d call a great communicator.)

[L]et’s say a male birth control pills comes out before cold fusion or some other extender of government wealth. What happens when even a coward to stand up to the femine imperative knows this misandry is unsustainable and figures out a male pill will maybe cause a correction while he still can be a coward. A woman without child is a worker drone and not eligible for entitlements.The US may look like China with low wage factories full of female workers with male mechanics/technicians keeping the machines running.

What is really funny and would be interesting to check out. Knowing women from reading and discussing female nature with you all here in the manosphere in general with the male pill being a pleasant wife might be the herd status symbol of the future. Take civil unrest combined with poor economic opportunities with men having the finale say so on who gets pregnant or not and we have a new status symbol.

Like Keyster, who once boasted on The Spearhead of dating a 14-year-old when he was 25, Greyghost seems enamored of relatively weak and dependent gals:

Next to a dog female fear is a mans best friend. Fearful insecure women tend to be more polite and pleasant to those around her.

Dream on, guys. Dream on.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s true, MRM fanboys really areas pathetic as it gets.

mxe354
mxe354

As a general rule, the creepiest members of the human race tend to gather in obsessive fandoms, in an effort to escape their own sad lives by living vicariously through imaginary wish fulfillment.

Weird losers are definitely creepier than rape apologists, sex offenders, and invasive people. Yup.

blitzgal

the creepiest members of the human race tend to gather in obsessive fandoms

As Cassandra pointed out……like the MRM.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You mean “weird losers” like Draggy, who’s told us before of his visits to conventions?

He’s really bad at this trolling thing.

thenatfantastic

Dragon Slayer, WHERE’S MY PENIS?

inurashii
inurashii

@Draggy, I’m guessing that the reason you have no ability to correctly gauge creepiness is because you’re not very good at crossing your eyes.

ostara321
ostara321

He said, without a trace of irony on a thread detailing obsessive MRAs and their wish to one day enslave women in an imaginary post-apocalyptic future world.

drst
drst

The amount of time Dragon Layer and his fellow MRAs spend trolling sites where women post rather undermines their contention not to care about women.

@Draggy – go your own way already. Please.

You gotta love the gender essentialism (only men are into Trek, only women are into Twilight) coupled with the fat hate. And by “love” I mean “epic eye roll.”

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

You mighta put a coffee trigger warning on that, Inu!

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Re: spiders — I can deal with orb weavers (your typical garden spiders) — I don’t like them, I’m not hanging out near them, but they neither move at lightening speed nor hang out in sinks. Finding a wolf spider bigger than a quarter in the bathroom sink was Not Fun.

If zombies do hunt the same way as mosquitoes, we might want the little bloodsuckers as a warning system of sorts. Then again, if zombie-ism is blood borne…oh gods the bloodsucking bugs!

As for islands, Australia is one, a large one, but an island all the same. Problem with small islands is the climate change one — anything small enough to be easily defendable is small enough to totally flood. We need Scotland…the rocky cliff islands should be safe. Fuck do I hate cold…

In useful things, I know the theory behind composting toilets. Can’t use the compost for food fertilizer, but you can’t just have shit piling up (and holy hand grenades batman can you not risk it contacting your water supply)

Granny Weatherwax’s point is why I say anyone can hole up in our bunker (granted we may need to sequester the assholes) — useful skills or not, humans trump zombies and once shit settles…well, I’ve read I Am Legend, I don’t want to be the boogie man under the bed to whatever society rebuilds. (Reason #302 I hate the movie, and yes 302 is my favorite random number)

kamilla1960
kamilla1960

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Creepers are far more likely to be bluepillers- drooling betas and prostrate male feminists. They’re the ones you’ll catch sniffing your panties in the washroom.

Wait, I thought you all were betas and were mad because women are only fucking alphas. But now apparently you’re all the alphas? Make up your goddamn minds (or, you know, acknowledge that different MRAs have different reasons for hating women, but maybe you’re not capable of nuance…)

kamilla1960
kamilla1960

titianblue
titianblue

On the way home, I let a white van out in front of me in traffic solely because it had written on it in huge letters “ALPHA electrical”. Hypergamy?

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

That’s odd, I thought Creepers were green pillars.

Noob.

themisanthropicmuse

“The real reason that women hate MRAs is because they don’t provide them with the groveling attention they have been trained to expect as their due from men.”

From what I have seen, most women don’t want constant male attention. They want to go about their day in peace. I have a man, kids, friends, and an extended family. Why the fuck should I give two shits about men that I don’t know? Why should I want to seek out their attention and favor? If I was one of those folks who needed external validation, I could easily get that from people who actually matter to me.

amandajane5

Seriously, I mostly wish strange men would leave me in peace.

Nitram
Nitram

The real reason that (MRAs) hate (women) is because they don’t provide them with the groveling attention they have been trained to expect as their due from (women).

Ahhh that’s better.

titianblue
titianblue

*offers Amandajane5 a moist towelette and the weapon of her choice*

freitag235
freitag235

OK, which cats deserve to be in the Boobz Bunker?

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Hmm, left cat looks like a wild cat, far better for pest control, but right cat has far more of “what, this is comfy” look.

booburry

MRAs aren’t creepy at all. and I will prove it to you by saying that we have all taken an imaginary pill from a movie that magically dictates how we think and act.
Nope, not creepy at all. Nothing to see here.

Freitag
Freitag

MRAs aren’t creepy. They’re kind of pathetic.

joanimal
joanimal

@pecunium

I have enjoyed all your informative posts. You appear to know a great deal about many skills, including some that just might be a tiny bit obscure….hmmmmm…sorry but I must ask this.

Are you actually an alien anthropologist here from somewhere far far away studying the human race for the last several centuries accumulating a massive library of the quaint traditions of this backward little planet and spending your off-time chatting with the friendlies on feminist blogs?

Either way, you absolutely should have a reservation in the manboobs post-apoc living spaces.

Me, I am planning to die quickly so my cats will have plenty of food. I mean, what would be the point of living without the internet? I could no longer play Team Fortress 2.

Freitag
Freitag

@joanimal, But, if you die, even if your cats are fed for a time, who will brush them? Provide a lap? As long as there are cats and bulldog puppies, life will always be worth living!

joanimal
joanimal

@dragging butt

Seriously, if that is your finest wit, I can only conclude that you are 14 years old. Does you mother know that you are using her computer? You are a very bad boy douchbag.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“The real reason that women MRAs hate MRAs women is because they don’t provide them with the groveling attention they have been trained to expect as their due from as men.”

FTFY

joanimal
joanimal

boy douchbag

lost an e and strikeout didn’t work… gonna have to dig up the ancient sacred text HTLM 1.0

The great thing about cooking skills is that there’s no such thing as too many people in the zombie-proof compound who can cook.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Totally ninja’d by Nitram. Teach me to not read ALL the thread first. 😛

Adding to the “I don’t WANT attention from strange men” comments. I don’t want any attention that has any sexual connotations or reasons from anyone except Mr K. He’s my Alpha and Omega in that respect. 😉

@freitag – what a question! ALL the kitties will be welcome in the shelter. (And the puppies, natch.)

@joanimal – I’m seeing Pecunium as Spock now! 😀

gonna have to dig up the ancient sacred text HTLM 1.0

Intentional?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I dunno, “Boy Douchebag” sounds kind of apt for the current crop of trolls. I doubt they’ll make it to the level of Grand Master Ragefilled Old Man Douchebag like Owly.

pecunium

Kitteh’s: I am not Spock.

joanimal: Nope, just a mid-forties dude with a pleasantly variegated past, a moderately misspent youth, and a taste for the archaic; married to a somewhat crafty personality.

joanimal
joanimal

HTLM 1.0

DOH!!!

HTML 1.0

Hi Freitag. You are one of those optimist humans I have read about. I am glad for you (seriously, I am not kidding.) I am one of the others: pessimists, the people that cannot be disappointed.

LOL

P.S. cool avatar..i am still being confused by gravatar

lumi
lumi

That Granny Weatherwax quote is awesome. As is most of what flows from Sir Terry’s brain. Anyone read his latest yet? (pointedly ignoring the lizard slapper)

joanimal
joanimal

the lizard slapper

Thank you. You have just increased my working vocabulary. LOL

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

The lizard slapper <3

I'm not the lizard slapper, I'm the lizard slapper's son
And I'm only slapping lizards till the lizard slapper comes

(not as funny as the original but hey, Draggy doesn't provide the best material)

Pecunium, I know, but it's a cool image! Just don't wear a red shirt, that's all. 😉

Which book is that, lumi? The Artful Dodger one, or is there a new Discworld one too?

@lumi

The most recent one I read was the one he wrote with Steven Baxter. I’m slowly replacing all the Discworld books I replaced when I split with my scumbag ex (the perils of a shared bookcase), so I’ve been reading all the old old ones as I get them. I just finished Colour of Magic and Eric. But I just reordered Soul Music, Thud, Monstrous Regiment, Making Money and Reaper Man. SO FREAKING EXCITED, I HAVEN’T READ THEM FOR THREE YEARS.

lumi
lumi

As far as I know, Dodger was the most recent, but I am dreaming of a new Discworld. What did you think of The Long Earth, thenatfantastic? My husband is a fan of both authors but was disappointed, while I just thought it ended too soon. And congrats on your rereading, it’s so much joy to come back to something wonderful! (also congrats on the ex-ness of the scumbag)

Freitag
Freitag

I’m not the lizard slapper, I’m the lizard slapper’s son
And I’m only slapping lizards till the lizard slapper comes

“I’m not the chicken plucker, I’m the chicken plucker’s son.
And I’m only plucking chickens ’til the chicken plucker comes”

Read online from someplace:

“I’m not the chicken plucker I’m the chicken plucker’s daughter
And I’ll pluck the fucking chickens ’til the chicken plucker comes.”

Facebook I think but can’t say for sure.

thenatfantastic

I really enjoyed it Lumi, but yeah, the ending was disappointing as heck. However, I knew they were planning on making it a series so I suppose it shouldn’t have been too surprising. But I’d been reading furiously for hours (something I rarely get the time to do nowadays) then got to the last page and was just like *flicking pages* “WHAT? WHAT?? THAT’S IT?”

thenatfantastic

I’m going to order Dodger once I’ve got through the five I just replaced by the way, I have three more Discworld to buy, Dodger and A Blink Of The Screen, then I will have them alllllll *strokes book collection*

Freitag
Freitag

@joanimal, bulldog puppies make the world a better place. I have cats and am a cat person, but come on

How can you give up on a world with this little girl in it?

(Sound on. The little bullies vocalize)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@freitag – the version I know is this (extremely rude when Spoonerisms hit it)

I’m not the pheasant plucker
I’m the pheasant plucker’s son
And I’m only plucking pheasants
Till the pheasant plucker comes

It’s even tricky typing that one! 😀

Freitag
Freitag

I just tried to say that out loud.

Didn’t work! 😀

thenatfantastic

OMG Freitag, I am ded, DED, of cute.

thenatfantastic

When I managed a pub one of the real ales I had in was called Pheasant Plucker. The ones with silly names are always more popular but this was a nice light stout too. Win win.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL! I have to say it really slowly.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

thenat- that reminds me of seeing a drink called KEUCK in a pub once. They’d edited the label … you can guess what it read. Caused much hilarity among my immature workmates and me thinking how you’d order that stuff.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III