are these guys 12 years old? creepy entitled babies evil fat fatties evil sexy ladies hypocrisy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny nice guys playing the victim transphobia YouTube

The Ultimate Nice Guy ™ Makes a Music Video

A veritable anthem for average looking guys with nothing particularly interesting about them who are pissed off they can’t date women much more conventionally attractive than they are.

1K Comments
Kim
Kim

@bewilderess. I used Manic Panic. It seemed to cover grey ok, but I can’t recommend it fully because of this purple fingers thing.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

I’m about to pass out, but wanted to let all you grade A snarkers know that #LiberalTips2AvoidRape is an almost cliche combo of rape apologia and feminist snarking. If anyone’s in the mood for some twitter hashtag snarking, have at it! (This thread ought provide plenty of material!)

Kim
Kim

@Gillian : no need to apologise (even though you weren’t apologising to me). Your comment was fantastic and put just how pogo-sticky he’s been so clearly. Plus great metaphors. How could you go wrong?

CassandraSays

no need to apologise (even though you weren’t apologising to me)

(As Captain Awkward would say, wow.)

@ Gillian

No worries. If venting at him makes it easier for you to scrape the other person off your shoe then at least he serves some purpose. It’s just that those of us who’ve been here for a long time thought that the Brandon Infestation had already been taken care of, and it’s really no fun arguing with him after the first hundred or so times that he pulls the exact same shit and flings goalposts around with gleeful abandon. If old trolls are going to come back I wish it would be the ones that were both deliciously chewy and genuinely committed to their wacky positions, like NWO and Meller, or Antz with his plans for a sexbot revolution.

RE Hair dye and greys, grey hair sometimes doesn’t take dye very well, so don’t be too freaked out if it doesn’t work the first time. My hairdresser says that they often have to leave the dye on for longer than they would with non-grey hair to get the color to hold.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Completely OT

I HAZ NEW BOOTS

CassandraSays

Actually does anyone have any emergency kitty pictures on hand? I followed a link after looking up the dude’s name when Brz was ranting about women getting off easier than men in court, and although I’d heard of this guy before, this is the first time I’d seen crime scene photos. Need to bathe my brain in something soothing or I’m going to have nightmares. Also note that this guy is not in jail.

(Warning – really disturbing stuff, discussions of cannibalism, graphic photos.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Maddie in her natural environment

Hadji doing Ultimate Cuteness

CassandraSays

What is it with cats and kitchen tables? Also, did Hadji keep that eye color?

Here’s one of my favorite kitty on table pics.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Kitchen tables are irresistable – they’re not meant to be up there, and there are so many things they can use to demonstrate Gravity. 😀

Hadji’s eyes turned beautiful green when he grew up. He’s barely a month old in that photo. 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Also that kitty is gorgeous! Now if only zir name was Clementine.

CassandraSays

That was my very first kitty, he was with me for 19 years. I think he was kind of like Maddie was for you – you can have more than one pet, but there’s always going to be one that was special.

This one you can actually see his eyes. He was about 4 months old – that’s my mum holding him.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Short pause for fish and chips then!

::looks at photo::

::melts::

::melts again::

He’s a beautiful boy!

I’ve been lucky, I’ve had three really special kitties. We’ve mostly had more than one at a time and for a while had five (sigh, happy days). Mamie was the first (that’s her squashing Magnus), then Katie, now Mads. All the destruction of that carton was from Katie chewing it.

Deoridhe

cloudiah: I’m a huge fan of pears, any kind of cheese really, walnuts, and spinach. I have a lovely semi-soft goat cheese right now that I’m totally gaga for. I’m really craving triple creams, though, so I may indulge tomorrow.

Ok, giving imbedded videos another try:

BigMomma

I had 4 cats when we lived in the UK, Cato, Tash, Hobbes and Bosley. Cato was a poor wee thing, had a cloudy eye and had her tail amputated after she was hit by a car when she was a kitten. She almost died but I stayed home to look after her. After that she was always my cat, and ruled the other ones.

When we left for Oz, I rehomed them all, Cato and Tash were 12years old by then and the flight would have been too much. It broke my heart and I swore I wouldn’t have another cat.

I now have 2.

On the trip to the UK last year,I met up friends who knew where Cato had gone. She’d gone to a cottage in the borders where she played in the garden. Thing was, I knew but had to ask if she had died. And she had and my friends didn’t know how to tell me. I cried then for my cat, that I’d last seen 6years ago. It still affects me now.

Yeah, there is at least one who is special.

Deoridhe

YES! I RULE THE IMBEDDING WHATEVER CROWN ME STUFF itslateok

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Internet hugs, BigMomma! It took me years to get over Thomas’s passing, because it happened very suddenly and when Mum and I were away, so we didn’t get to say goodbye to him. It wasn’t until I was in contact with Mr K and meeting up with all the kitties again (the house is like a cat and dog hotel, I swear) that I really got over that. With Mum it was Hadji, he was her darling darling boy, but it helps knowing he’s still being a Whatafella over there. 🙂

BigMomma

Think I overshared, sorry.

Deoridhe

I haz a pretteh crown. Le sigh.

My baby is still alive, ad likely has some good years in him. I got him when he was nine and a half weeks, and now he’s a gorgeous, huge boy who curls up with me and cuddles. I luff him so much. <3

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

BigMomma – there’s no oversharing with the kitties and dogs. I think all us regulars know about loving ’em or at least can empathise.

BigMomma

Thanks, Kitteh. I started telling a story because a comment sparked the memory and then you look back after posting and think, whoah, too much.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I worry I’m trotting out too many stories at times, but I love reading everyone’s stories about their lives and critters and stuff in general on this site. 🙂

hellkell
hellkell

Salads: you can’t go wrong with strawberries, goat cheese, walnuts, and balsamic. Or apples/pears with blue cheese and walnuts. I love walnuts in salad, can you tell?

Big Momma: Hugs. My parent’s cat Dash will always be my Baby Kitty. She would curl herself around my neck like a scarf and let me walk around to do whatever and she was my shadow. It was sad after I moved to the West Coast, every time I’d visit, her coat would be a little more faded as she aged. I was very upset when she died.

Now we have Mimi, and as much as I love the other three, she’s MY cat.

cloudiah

I love the animal stories too. And thank you for all the salad ideas! Whatever I make, if anyone asks me where I got the recipe from, I’ll say “This salad was brought to you by feminism.”

LBT
LBT

Totally old subject, but still more interesting than Brandon: Mac & Cheese!

My husband loves it, and an easy but delicious thing he does is grab one of those ‘mac and cheese in a box’ (Annie’s is his favorite), and cook some vegetables in it–edamame, tomatoes, and spinach are all great. Then, instead of adding milk or butter to the powdered cheese, he adds Greek yogurt with salt, pepper, and fresh basil.

It doesn’t take really any longer than just making it plain, and it’s SO GOOD!

BigMomma

Thanks hellkell. I love my Molly and Lola too. All the kitties, really.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Just never mix vodka with a Capri Sun. (College drinking was…interesting for me.)

Nah, you have to mix Capri Sun with Captain Morgan for that really classy college drinking experience.

Kim
Kim

Wow back to you Cassandra.

LBT
LBT

This just makes me a bit sad. I’m on meds that forbid drinking. Not that I’m huge into it anyway, but hubby misses it.

Fortunately, I have awesome friends. When drinking breaks out, they make me mixed non-alcoholic drinks so I don’t feel left out! 😀

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@emilygoddess

That might actually be worse and I thought nothing would top it. Thankfully, I am finally grown-up enough to not want to try. 🙂

CassandraSays

I’ve never had Captain Morgan. Is it really that bad?

LBT, this is why EANABs are important. I learned that in college (from a professor, actually): Whenever you serve booze, you’re supposed to also serve Equally Attractive Non-Alcoholic Beverages, so in case someone present doesn’t drink it’s not like “You can have a cabernet sauvignon…or a diet Coke.”

LBT
LBT

RE: katz

Yeah, I love that idea. Unfortunately, I never really encountered it until I was hanging with my current crop of friends. Until then, I’d just sit awkwardly with my water. (It doesn’t help that even when I COULD drink, I never much cared for the taste.) But now I have friends who make me delicious fancy drinks out of various kinds of juice, syrup, and seltzer water! 😀 Delicious!

Deoridhe

Sometimes EANABs are nicer than the alcoholic drinks! They’re always cheaper. Hee hee.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I’m loving these ideas for mac and cheese, I’m just hoping it’ll be okay to eat with my stupid fatty liver! I’d like to try that recipe.

I figured out last night part of what it is that freaks me out about cooking – partly ‘cos I never learned it at home, but partly it’s that it takes me right back to high school and doing Home Eco lessons in an atmosphere were everything had to be done right first time, under time pressure, and for marks. Way not to get people to enjoy learning the skills involved. I still feel like cooking’s something I’m being watched and judged for, and I hate the fact that if it’s stuffed up, the food’s wasted. It also doesn’t help that Mum’s even less adventurous with food than I am, and more than likely to show only polite approval of anything different (even pasta’s outside her usual preferences).

It makes it all the stranger when I know that these inhibitions are gone on the other side. I mean, last night across the veil Mr K and I spent most of the day in the kitchen, cooking fruit to preserve and with roast beef roasting for our dinner.

It doesn’t help that even when I COULD drink, I never much cared for the taste.

Right; “I just don’t feel like it” should be a perfectly acceptable reason not to drink and you shouldn’t feel like you’re being punished with boring beverages as a result.

CassandraSays

One of the things I like about oolong-hai drinks is that if someone doesn’t want booze you can just hand them a glass of tea without the booze, and it’s not a big deal or something that makes people feel awkward.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@CassandraSays

I hate any rum that isn’t coconut-flavored, so I really hate it. The boyfriend likes all rum and he thinks Captain Morgan is fine. So…maybe it’s that bad?

LBT
LBT

RE: Kittehs

I’ve become recently sadly unadventurous with food. Partly due to budget, but also due to coming out of the ED slump; new food is always harder for me to buy, and isn’t worth the lunacy that sometimes ensues. But macaroni and cheese with vegetables and yogurt is BOSS. Also well-balanced and approved by my meal plan! *thumbs up*

CassandraSays

I do tend to prefer dark rum and Captain Morgan seems to be white rum, at least the bottles I’ve seen in bars. Overall though I’m clueless about rum, since I never make drinks with it at home and only order it with certain kinds of food.

hellkell
hellkell

Oolong-tinis are the best.

Here’s the Baby Kitty Dash in her favorite spot.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@LBT

Yogurt, cheese, and noodles are a great combo! My mom makes this dish with a yogurt-based cheese sauce and mushrroms. It was one of my favorite things as a kid. (My sister won’t eat mushrooms so I also associate it with her spending dinner elsewhere, which was fun when I was little.)

Some Gal Not Bored at All

Mushrroms? Gah.

Aw, fluffy kitty scarf.

hellkell
hellkell

I have hope that the Biscuit will continue to be a shoulder cat like she was.

LBT
LBT

Mushrooms are good, but they pretty much absorb the flavors that are around them. Adding stuff like sun-dried tomatoes WITH them though… mmm-MMMM!

CassandraSays

Eventual size is key here, too. Main Coons are gorgeous, for example, but I don’t know that I’d want a 30 pound shoulder cat.