are these guys 12 years old? creepy entitled babies evil fat fatties evil sexy ladies hypocrisy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny nice guys playing the victim transphobia YouTube

The Ultimate Nice Guy ™ Makes a Music Video

A veritable anthem for average looking guys with nothing particularly interesting about them who are pissed off they can’t date women much more conventionally attractive than they are.

1K Comments
Some Gal Not Bored at All

What an asshole. Why are men always so upset that women have any standards? (The bit about being upset at women not drinking enough – for incredibly sensible reasons, nit wanting to drive drunk – is especially upsetting.)

KittySnide

I watched it. I can’t believe I watched it.
that is some whiny shit.
also, it takes a special brand of asshole to be a transphobic shithead, and then rip off a song from Rent. asshole.

feministgamer
feministgamer

That white wine bit is the worst part.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

The whole time I was watching that I was thinking, “He’s not serious. Please tell me he’s not serious. He can’t be serious.” Then at the end, “Fuck. He’s serious, isn’t he?”

Also, he manages to be sexist, transphobic, fat-shaming, racist, and creepy as all get out all in the space of a song. Good work!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

On the not-drinking, I meant sensible reasons in the “even these assholes should accept them” sense. Any reason for not wanting to drink is legitimate.

He lost me 25 seconds in with “The rent’s cheap in LA.”

aworldanonymous

I only have one word for this: *HAAAAATEEEEE*.

Cthulhu's Intern

This could’ve been pretty awesome if he was making fun of Nice Guys.

By the way, by now, you’d think someone would’ve come up with another term for Nice Guy to prevent confusion with genuinely nice guys. I vote for “Internet Nice Guy,” derived from Internet Tough Guy.

princessbonbon

Ugh, even as a joke it falls flat kind of like how Wainy Days did.

The “tell” is, of course, 1:55, where there’s the shot of the overweight women, with, of course, the unspoken assumption that he can’t possibly sleep with those chicks because they’re not hot.

When the whole rest of the video is about how women won’t sleep with him because he’s not hot.

skeptifem

Wow there are people on youtube who disapprove of this kind of bullshit. Who knew? Maybe its getting better? I just remember searching for Rachel Maddow videos back in the day and virtually every one had some dudebro commenting on her attractiveness/lesbianism and no one else seemed to care…

aworldanonymous

@Cthulhu’s Intern

I always thought the when referring to Nice Guys in the sense of the phenomenon, people typically used a symbol.

Yoyo
Yoyo

Why would this guy EVER think that he could get any women to sleep with him once, let alone twice? It’s not like he has any redeeming qualities I can see. Just another whingee hate monkey.

Shaenon

I’m not going to watch the video, but between this guy and Eurosabra, what’s with the homely dudes acting all hurt that 19-year-old actress/model/waitresses in L.A. trance clubs don’t appreciate their hidden inner beauty?

Dumbasses, you are in L.A. If you want inner beauty, get your ass up to Portland and grow a beard.

Also, nobody wants to hear about your screenplay.

deniseeliza
deniseeliza

Yeah, dude would be cute in Portland.

Until he opened his mouth.

And he’d have to get over the hairy pits thing, too.

hellkell
hellkell

This sucked when I saw it earlier today, a few hours hasn’t improved it.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Shorter whiny asshole.

“There are some women who’re almost as shallow as me! Those bitches, how dare they?”

But set to sad white boy rap that will make you want to perforate your eardrums with a fork just to make it stop.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

don’t appreciate their hidden inner beauty?

That’s the trouble, it’s so small and so well hidden it wouldn’t show up under an electron microscope.

I’m not going to bother watching his stupid video, it’s the same-old same-old whine they all have. The one good thing about it is that he’s advertising to far more people just what a creep he is, and warning more people (of any gender!) to stay away from him. Truth in advertising, as it were.

cloudiah

As an L.A. native, I just want to say that the image-obsessed, entitled, arrogant women he sings about DO exist. (I went to high school with some of them. I could tell you stories…) However, they are a TINY fraction of the population, and are incredibly easy to avoid.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

But … but … they’re the HOT BABES, cloudiah! Surely you’re not such a misandrist that you’d suggest he go for anyone less than a Hollywood starlet of at least 9.9 on the universal* hotness scale!

*as in the, uh, universe, not Universal. 😉

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Then there’s his “Wrong Hole” song, which is basically just “he accidentally put his penis in someone’s body where they didn’t want it and that’s hilarious!”

What a pile of utter shit.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Also I would like to offer a California solidarity fist bump to the imaginary women of LA. The women of the Bay Area wouldn’t want to fuck these guys either.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ cloudiah

I have to say, I had a great time last time I was in LA and felt like people there were on average friendlier than people here. I definitely encountered some walking caricatures, and several slimy PUA types, but it’s a big city, there’s always going to be a certain percentage of Hilarious and Awful.

stonerwithaboner

that video was boring, I like this on better…

NNY
NNY

Some Gal Not Bored at All,

And why do so many women get mad when men say they have standards?

Joanna

@NNY: I think it’s the unrealistic standards some men have that are upsetting.

cloudiah

Hey NNY, can you point us to some YouTube music videos put out by totally average looking hetero women who have no other interesting qualities, and who are upset that conventionally attractive dudes don’t hop into bed with them? They have to be sincere/serious; no jokes, spoofs, or parodies. Bonus points if the videos are at least as popular as this dude’s, and have lots of other women commenting in agreement.

I’d say it’s the men then whinging about not getting laid that is the annoying bit. If a dude only wants to date supermodels and is willing to accept the corollary that he’ll probably never date anyone, then he can go for it.

NNY
NNY

Joanna,

What might be unrealistic to one person, might be realistic (or even easy) to another. Why should someone lower their standards because a group of people don’t or can’t meet that standard? Even more so when it comes to dating. There is no affirmative action for people dating (nor should there be). People should be free to accept/reject anyone for any reason they choose.

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

Living in the south I have to wonder about the comment about rents being cheap. From talking to friends in LA I get the impression there is an area where people are beautiful, model/actor/actress wannabes or successful, and other areas with everyone else. If the wannabes annoy him, why not hang out with the ordinary people? Then again it keeps him away from my friends, although my friends wouldn’t want someone with not much interesting to say.

BigMomma
BigMomma

Katz, exactly. Hey, define what you think as attractive, that’s all good. But don’t whine if it’s unrealistic.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@NNY

I would assume that it is as much because of the way those standards are expressed as the fact that many of then are, as Joanna says, unrealistic.

My favorite idiotic standard is when men want breasts that look a certain way and express this using a bra size that they clearly do not understand. There is also men who say they like women who don’t wear make-up, but then don’t know what make-up looks like. Doesn’t make me mad, though, I just laugh.

Joanna

@NNY: Of course. But when you set a ridiculously high standard you shouldn’t whine that no one out there meets them.

BigMomma
BigMomma

As either Dawn French or Victoria Wood once said, if God intended breasts to be big and perky, zie would have put one on each shoulder.

I’m paraphrasing from memory but I laughed hard at the time.

Noadi

I was prepared to just dislike this song… and then he ripped off Rent. WTF!!!! Do not associate one of my favorite musicals with this shit.

Joanna

“I was prepared to just dislike this song… and then he ripped off Rent.”

And Fresh Prince of Bel Air! Aw, hell no!

Shaenon

Yeah, I’ve got friends who have very specific standards about who they’ll date (I hesitate to say “high standards,” since it’s more about idiosyncratic personal preferences than some universal standard of hotness). But they accept that only a small number of people are their type, and that means they’ll probably be single a lot. They don’t sit around whining about how All the People of Their Preferred Sex are big meanies for not working hard enough to please them.

NNY
NNY

Katz, True. Some average dude living in Nebraska shouldn’t expect to date supermodels. Although, he can move to where models live (NYC or LA), attend events where models congregate, get in better shape, share an interest in fashion, etc…

If a guy wants to date supermodels, he should structure his life to better suit dating models.

Or he could lower his standard to only dating women that could be models but aren’t or choose not to model. While I agree that choosing to only date supermodels severely limits his dating prospects, he has every right to have whatever dating preferences he wants.

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

NNY, as a average or below average woman, if I chose to only date male supermodels, I wouldn’t feel comfortable making a video berating them for being shallow for not dating me.

BigMomma
BigMomma

NNY, no-one disputes that…it’s the butthurt whining that grates.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Why is it that when this conversation comes up there’s always one guy who starts bleating about everyone being allowed to have standards, when it’s obvious to even the dimmest bulb that people having preferences and standards isn’t what’s being criticized?

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

Because “everyone” is read as “every man” by a lot of dudes?

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I think it is because we are not talking about what they want to talk about so they will just pretend we are.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I think trolls do that more on this site than most others I have read.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@CassandraSays

It is an attempt at a false equivalency. I complained about guys getting upset at women having standards and so NNY brings up women who get mad at men having standards. Of course that happens, but it isn’t the same as the way or cultural meaning of the way men get upset. I expect it was supposed to be a “gotcha,” but since we could answer (and I’m still waiting for NNY to answer Cloudiah), the “gotcha” failed and now we are getting to have this lovely conversation again.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Or because they don’t like what we’re saying so they’ve decided to try and make it seem like a less reasonable position than it is. Petulance or poor reading comprehension? Could be a bit of both.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Sometimes people like you for weird mysterious reasons, too; I would definitely rate my boyfriend as hotter than me (he’s definitely fitter. Om nom nom.) But he likes how I look, and more important we like each others’ braaaaains. *zombies away*

NNY
NNY

Cassandra, Because you indirectly are. Sure you don’t like the fact that he is making a video complaining about women of LA having too high standards. But instead of agreeing that both the guy who made it and the women he talks about both have high standards, it’s all his fault for wanting to date an attractive woman. Not that the women he criticizes might be shallow and rejecting him based on something superficial like his looks.

You basically want him to accept the premise that he should shut up and date a woman less attractive than he wants to accept. My premise is why should he settle?

And after watching the video a second time, I found it to be a guy that is just voicing his frustration through a corny and cheeky video.

1 2 3 21