antifeminism evil fat fatties heartiste I'm totally being sarcastic kitties men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA PUA racism reddit twitter

#TellAFeministThankYou fends off a manosphere manvasion!

Kittens composing feminist tweets.
Kittens composing feminist tweets.

The twitter hashtag wars continue! Apparently still pissed off that feminists pooped on their #INeedMasculismBecause tag the other day, the dudes of the manosphere launched a little counterattack aimed at #TellAFeministThankYou, a hashtag originally started by Melissa McEwan of Shakesville to give an opportunity to feminists to thank other feminists for, you know, being awesome and stuff.

On Chateau Heartiste, the Heartiste formerly known as Roissy charged up the troops for the campaign.

[T]he #TellAFeministThankYou Twitter feed has morphed into a shooting gallery for the entertainment of trolls and assorted sadists, providing a laugh a second. Feminists on that feed have been reduced to impotently bleating “wait for them to get it out of their systems.”

Go for the fun, stay for the cruelty. And keep an eye out for malevolent forces committing drive-bys of spectacular carnage. The kind of carnage that can leave a feminist with barely enough strength to mewl for the sympathies and circle-wagoning of fellow travelers.

There was just one problem: The PUAs and MRAs and other assorted Red Pill tweeters forgot to have a sense of humor.

Heartiste tried his best to generate some hilarity with a few tweets of his own.

twfh1twfh2twf3

Such magnificent wit!

Evidently feeling he needed to kick it up a notch, he decided to add some sprinkles of racism:

twfhracist

See, cuz only guys with names like “Juan” and “Anfernee” (hint, hint, hint) harass women on the street!

Here are some contributions from some other Red Pill wits, which evidently were highly amusing to the dudes in the RedPill Subreddit:

twfo1twfo2twfo3

And a couple of others I found on my own:

twfm1twfm2

There were even a few directed at little old me, like this one from our friend Chuck at Gucci Little Piggy:

twfgucci

You’re welcome!

Flawless victory, guys!

Oh, and here are some more kitties, since they seem to annoy manosphere dudes so much.

1558126444_7fdd153cd22778870314_df6e557d775224934736_f5ca46fbe7_o

Gillian
Gillian

That’s not fair! First Nathan Fillion turns out to be a tool, and now I find out Adam Baldwin is an MRA! Firefly is completely ruined for me!!

titianblue
titianblue

Are you a mind-reader, Mr Futrelle.? I was just over on Shakesville, thinking that Manboonz could do a column on this. Came over here and here it is.

blitzgal

I see Adam Baldwin is still an asshole. I remember back when he used to post on the Firefly message boards.

blitzgal

And John Durant thinks that FEMINISM turned women into commodities?! Because back in the grand old days when women were literally chattel, unable to vote or own property, back then they weren’t.

FUCK YOU.

Deoridhe

They really need to work on the “funny” aspect of mocking people. C’mon, guys – you keep claiming feminists have no sense of humor, but your attempts are just pathetic.

gelar
gelar

Y’know, ‘carnage’ is not the type of thing I’d associate with Twitter.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

As much as Adam Baldwin is an asshole, the gist of his comment is exactly what I thank feminism for. It is a good thing that marriage is no longer only about having children (and moreso that children don’t really require marriage to live decent lives) and a fantastic thing that women have control over their own bodies. We need more of both of these things. Thanks, feminists!

I also “like” that Hunter Colden just went with straight misogyny, thus proving the need for more feminism! I’ve said it before (and I know I’ll end up saying it again), but they really have zero self-awareness. What is the thought process? “I hate women and have no respect for them. This is precisely what feminism attempts to fix. If I show the world that I am still an asshole despite feminism, then everyone will know that what feminists complain about is real, but I’ll get to show those feminists how much I hate women! How could this plan go wrong?”

blitzgal

@Some Gal

Yeah, as Liss said yesterday on Shakesville, “Thanks for proving my point.”

Shadow
Shadow

Wait, it’s THAT Adam Baldwin? That’s depressing

Tina
Tina

Kitty bellies!

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

I remember when I first joined Twitter and went looking for actors from shows I liked, and discovered what a tool Adam Baldwin was.

I wonder what Joss thinks?

Falconer

@Shadow: I know, it’s depressing as hell. I wish I could say I was surprised, though.

Creative Writing Student

Thank you for putting into words what I was feeling.

@Shadow, Emilygoddess, Falconer

I was hoping it was one of those weird, creepy, overeager fans – I am disappointed now.

carswell
carswell

Is there anything cuter than the spotty bellies of tabby kittens?

csechrist

Isn’t Adam Baldwin the actor-turned-religious-freako? And I love the one about how feminists have made men’s lives harder since 1848. It speaks to the self-centeredness of MRAs.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Creative Writing Student

Me too (to both). There goes another actor who I used to find handsome, but now I will just see a guy who thinks that I shouldn’t get to make decisions about what (or even, maybe, in very late pregnancy, who) my organs support. So not attractive to me. Instead, controlling and creepy. Ugh.

At least it will basically work when I rewatch Firefly. It isn’t like Jayne is some hero.

BritterSweet
BritterSweet

I wonder if that will be taken over again. If I had a Twitter, I would answer it seriously because I do have things to thank Feminism for on a personal level. For helping me learn to stop letting gender roles tie me down, and to embrace who I am as a woman.

Monster

All this ‘feminists/women have no sense of humour/aren’t funny’ crap they peddle…oh, the lack of self awareness!

Although, I still can’t believe he actually calls himself ‘heartiste’. That is pretty funny, I will admit.

Citizen Justin
Citizen Justin

“Women are stupid and I don’t respect them” is the first line of Jon LaJoie’s song ‘Show Me Your Genitals’. I don’t know if Hunter Colden saw this video and didn’t realise it was a piss-take, but it would be amusing to think that he did.

BritterSweet
BritterSweet

“Is there anything cuter than the spotty bellies of tabby kittens?”

Birdies, maybe?

Monster

Birdie! Squee! Hummingbirds do top little kitty bellies. It is close though ^_^

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Yeah, plus that whole comment is more like #TellACapitalistThankYou.

@CWS it definitely helps that he was already playing a semi-villain. I like to think he just became Jayne.

Seraph

Isn’t Adam Baldwin the actor-turned-religious-freako?

You say that as if there’s only one. But if you were to give me that description with nothing else to go on, my first guess would be Kirk Cameron.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@brittersweet: word. The fact that I even thought to ask myself whether I really want kids is thanks to feminism. Spoiler: I don’t, which makes me even more grateful.

cloudiah

#TellACapitalistThankYou

It would be kind of fun to make that a sarcastic hashtag on Twitter.

#TellACapitalistThankYou for climate change and alienation!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Seraph

Doesn’t that description also fit one of the (non-Alec) Baldwin brothers?

@emilygoddess

howardbann1ster

Re: Adam Baldwin

The Baldwin who found Jesus is Stephen Baldwin.

Adam Baldwin is not related to the Baldwin brothers.

The More You Know.

seraph4377

I’m pretty disappointed about Adam Baldwin, too. I’d heard he was a right-winger, but there are other right-wing celebrities who aren’t total assholes. Most, I suspect, are like any other right winger who is otherwise a reasonably decent person: unable or unwilling to see outside their bubble (whether that bubble is wealth and privilege or Red State good ol’ boy-ness).

But no. He’s an anti-choice, misogynist bully. And he seems to have be upset that “marriage is no longer all about the children” – hmm, what could that be code for?

When you’re watching Firefly and you’re telling yourself that the characters are not the same as the actors, it shouldn’t be because Jayne is the better person.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@howardbann1ster

So Adam Baldwin is just a misogynist jerk, but not one of the religious variety?
(Also, thanks, I was thinking of Stephen.)

hellkell
hellkell

Isn’t Adam Baldwin the actor-turned-religious-freako?

You’re thinking of one of the non-related Baldwin brothers.

Mr. Heartiste certainly knows how to make himself look like the sexist, racist asshole he is. I hope he gets hit with crippling self-awareness one day. Maybe when he’s that old, sad, balding guy at the club, trying out his best negs from 1996 on passing women and failing. That day is coming sooner rather than later.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

I’m lost, what is Anfernee? I’m pronouncing it as an-fur-knee which I don’t follow as the second syllable starts with a consonant. Is it an American cultural thing?

BritterSweet
BritterSweet

I’m American, but I don’t know what Anfernee is supposed to be either. But then again, I’m in Hawaii. Maybe it’s a mainland thing.

howardbann1ster

Re: Anfernee

It’s a name.

It’s a black dude’s name.

It’s straight-up racism.

Joanna

A quick scroll through Baldwin’s page portrays him as anti-abortion, anti-Obama, anti-anything that isn’t American. And a bit of a Bible thumper it seems.

Karalora
Karalora

Best guess: “Anfernee” is “Anthony” pronounced with a stereotypical “Ebonics” accent. It’s the way racist jerkwads think black people talk.

Shadow
Shadow

BTW David, was Adam Baldwin just lumped in with the Red Pill dudes, or is he actually stupid enough to believe in the red pill?

@emilygoddess

Yeah, plus that whole comment is more like #TellACapitalistThankYou.

That comment made me laugh too. It’s like, so it’s all good in the hood for men to be commodities?

cloudiah

Speaking of Heartiste… He had a post on pit bulls recently in which he managed to combine misogyny, racism, and animal cruelty into OMFG and then it got worse in the comments. I thought about posting it here, but it made me too depressed. Go look at your own risk. (Basically women are adopting pits because THUGS and he hopes they all get mauled.)

Even leaving aside the racism/misogyny, the pit bull thing makes me angry because (a) I have known so many nice pit bulls, and (b) there’s no real science behind it, and (c) people tend to call any dog that attacks someone a pit bull — in fact, most people can’t identify a pit bull when shown pictures of similar breeds.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Thanks for the explanation, I now understand how horrible that comment is. It is the perfect illustration of how “isms” tend to cluster together in the one nasty person. Being so hateful and worked up all the time, maybe he’ll drive himself to a heart attack. Or, he could just learn to be nice.

Falconer

Huh. I’d have said “Anfernee” was a phonetic spelling of the way some London school boy mispronounced his name.

But I guessed already that coupling it with “Juan” was a humongous dogwhistle.

themisanthropicmuse

Funny how John Durant thinks it’s feminism that treats women like a walking uterus. Cause it’s not as if women were ever looked at as little more than broodmares whose only real value was in her ability to spawn an heir. *facepalm* Gawd, the dumb, it burns.

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

I’m not convinced either way about the spotty kitty belly vs. bird debate. I think we need more evidence.

Here’s some for the kitty side:

Though this video indicates that you don’t have to choose just one:

Noooo not Adam Baldwin! I…I didn’t know! *sob*

Joanna

There, there, katz. *consoles*

csechrist

Oh, I know he’s not the only one. And now we can add Angus Jones to the list.

Noadi

Yeah, when I first joined Twitter I went looking for people from shows I like too and some of them are awesome (Adam Savage, Wil Wheaton, and Felicia Dayfor example) but I think I followed Adam Baldwin for about a day before realizing what a mysogynistic, rightwing asshole he is. I think he may have just played himself on Firefly.

csechrist

Re: Adam Baldwin

The Baldwin who found Jesus is Stephen Baldwin.

Adam Baldwin is not related to the Baldwin brothers.

The More You Know.

Whoopsie. Thanks for clarifying.

seraph4377

Nah. Jayne is many types of asshole, but neither right-wing nor (surprisingly) misogynistic are among them.

Falconer

@katz: I’ll never drink all of this internet beer I got. Would you like some to dull the pain?

BritterSweet
BritterSweet

*reads the explanation behind “Anfernee”* Oh. Ugghh! That’s another thing to tweet: #INeedMasculismBecause feminists crush my need to assert my manly dominance [over blacks and Hispanics].

blitzgal

Wait, it’s THAT Adam Baldwin? That’s depressing

Yup, back in the days of the Firefly BBoard, Adam Baldwin would routinely show up to have political discussions with the fans, and he was a conservative tool back then — not really an overtly religious one, more of the authoritarian, libertarian type. It kind of fit in with what an asshat his character was on the show. The other star who would routinely show up is Nathan Fillion, but he seems really cool.

The dismissive way that he sarcastically says that murdering the innocent unborn is “healthcare” really pisses me off. Yes, abortion is a health care service, and a legal one.

1 2 3 6