antifeminism creepy disgusting women evil sexy ladies evo psych fairy tales girl germs men who should not ever be with men ever men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA TROOOLLLL!! vaginas

Fatty sacks and love tubes: An MRA sets us all straight on the perfidious nature of women

One order of misogyny, coming up!
One order of misogyny, coming up!

Usually I venture into the manosphere to collect the latest misogyny, but sometimes it’s delivered right to my door. Here, some intriguing thoughts on women, from an MRA who showed up in the comments here yesterday, and who has been delighting the regulars not only with his opinions but with his colorful writing style.

Here’s the dude calling himself Dragon Slayer, on how young women and their cell phones will bring about the death of feminism:

The feminist movement is doomed not because of us MRAs, but because of women. These days most women spend their youth with mouths agape, babbling on their cell phones and strutting around in public with the fatty sacks on their chests manipulated in such a way to attract a man’s attention. That’s literally all they do. Then once they get older they start looking to mortgage their pink clam off for private use in exchange for food and shelter. After that, they could give a shit about the rest of the world. So for your own sanity, I’d recommend you all just drop this feminism project.

Some thoughts on women and love:

I’m of the opinion that women aren’t really capable of love. I mean sure, they’ll barter access to various body parts- temporary bodyguard for butt action, manservant for intercourse, and such- but that’s not really “love” in the way it has been traditionally defined, by men. I suppose the only pure expression of “love” is that found between two men.

And some further reflections on that subject:

Evolution hasn’t programmed women to reciprocate affection. From a reproductive standpoint, they exist to gobble as much hot sour cream as possible and then propagate the species with the best DNA they can wrangle. Men, on the other hand, are programmed for targeted monogamous affection, the better to protect the female who chooses him as her sperm donor. In modern society, this dynamic has changed, as women don’t just require elite semen, but also financial security, which more often than not can be better provided by a biologically inferior male, to whom she transfers access to her love tube sometime in her early thirties.

So the pink clam is now a love tube? So confusing.

Is Dragon Slayer for real? I admit I’m not altogether sure. There’s some suspicion that he’s a sockpuppet of the legendary Man Boobz troll Arks; the writing style is similar, and, like Arks, the new guy puts bromance before ho-mance. Whether or not this is Arks II, I suspect he’s not purely trolling — that is, while trying to be inflammatory, he believes at least some of what he posts. And indeed, aside from the stuff about man-man love and the bit about men being programmed for monogamy, this is all stuff we’ve heard before from the evo-psych-obsessed dudes of the manosphere.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@Yoyo, what sort of price range are you looking at? This site has some pretty stuff but they are very pricey.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

There’s also this one, which lists retailers online and in shops:

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@Peter I thought “Pink Clam” was hilarious, but as per Peter’s comment earlier, my vag is hereby renamed the “Mystery Room”. Thanks!

Still catching up on the thread, but I want to claim “Diabolical Box” before anyone else does!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@emilygoddess

I’ll take Eternal Diva. 🙂

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Falconer

You have my condolences and all the internet beer you need. 🙂

Yoyo
Yoyo

Thanks kitteh, even prosthesis are really expensive although govt helps a bit, yay universal healthcare, however sometimes you just have to feel you look good even tho husband etc says you look fine. Validation is important so is lacy underwear!

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Speaking of newbies who don’t recognize old trolls or get old jokes, would someone be willing to explain “hot buttered manatees”?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

So it is!

::adjusts top::

😉

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I think hot buttered manatees was something Arks said, or came from something he said, but I’ve no idea where or when.

cloudiah

emilygoddess, we should probably be better about explaining the “in jokes.”

The origin of the buttered manatees concept can be found here.

CassandraSays

On the boobs and harassment conversation – C cup by age 10. Nowadays I’m perfectly happy with how things turned out, but at 10 it really wasn’t fun at all to have men my Dad’s age and older leering at and trying to grope me.

Deoridhe’s comment about MRAs wanting to destroy women, particularly feminists, because we force them to see the parts of themselves that they’d rather not was right on. There are some validation/mommy issues in there too – they’ve internalized the idea that women are supposed to be the providers of validation, so when they don’t get it they feel like they’re being cheated. Problem is, not every woman is their mother, and some of the stuff they’re saying and doing a good parent would call them out on too.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Hot buttered is way better than hot greasy. 😛

I really think Arks has something wrong with him (I know, don’t internet diagnose) if he genuinely believe half our species has no thoughts or feelings. Perhaps it’s just exceptional stupidity, or extreme self-centredness, or a reflection of the lack of activity in his own skull, but if he’s not just conned himself to feel superior (which is dubious enough) then he’s got real problems.

Though if it keeps him away from women, all the better. Not that I think men are going to like his company any better. Oh, did we find out if Draggin Dude was him or just his ideal VR soulmate?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Problem is, not every woman is their mother

For which Ceiling Cat be praised. If I thought I’d turned out a future MRA I’d have had to go get my tubes tied pronto, just in case it ever happened again.

LBT
LBT

RE: CassandraSays

Yeah, we were extremely busty too. (Not quite that big, that fast, but enough.) Seriously, after top surgery, most of the harrassment pretty much ceased.

Which is really sad, since most peope can’t do that, and wouldn’t want to.

khymchanur
khymchanur

I thought that “hot sour cream” was supposed to represent high calorie foods, rather than being a euphemism for semen.

drst
drst

@eline

I’ve always, always went for full-on aggression (verbal, not physical) if being targeted. Even if I’m the customer server I will tell the dude off, or humiliate him the moment he crosses the line.

Um, that’s nice for you. Nevermind that a woman who isn’t you may desperately need her job, may have a boss who doesn’t give a shit about this kind of abuse, or may have suffered past abuse herself and thus have emotional triggers that go off in the face of this kind of abuse, or be tired, or just not want to fight back. Just because you have managed your life this way, everyone should do it?

You need to remember that your personal methods are yours and not universal. Your comments implied that any woman who did not do as you did in the face of such harassment is doing it wrong. Not cool.

@ drst

Thank you. I wanted to say something about that but honestly reading it just made me too tired.

LBT
LBT

Regarding the dangers of service jobs, I recommend the comic ‘A Year In Waiting,’ by EK Weaver. (Note: NOT fun to read, especially if you’ve been there) ESPECIALLY this one: http://big-big-truck.com/ayiw/11.html (MASSIVE trigger warning for workplace horror there.)

CassandraSays

Also, sometimes young women end up in situations where the creepy older guy who keeps harassing them is their boss, or a senior coworker. Young woman near the bottom of the work hierarchy + angrily attempting to humiliate older male coworker usually = young woman either being fired or more subtly punished for acting out against the harassment.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

You certainly need to have a manager who’s got your back. My first job, back in the 80s, I was being harassed by a creep whose section I had to walk through to get to my office. I tried dealing with it myself; no good. Went to my manager (that is, head of our area, two rungs above me) and told him. In five minutes flat he’d been out, told the creep’s manager about it, and come back to assure me it would never happen again. It didn’t.

I’d love to have overhead that conversation and the one between Other Manager and Creep, even if it was as brief as “We’ve had a complaint about you doing this, do not do it any more.”

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

LBT — I’ve had some shit jobs, and hate the law firm more for the office manager from hell (ok, almost solely because of her) but holy shit. It seriously bothers me that that’s probably legal.

Never thought I’d be glad that the office manager from hell only openly berated me for leaving them down a person when I had the flu (and sick days and wtf are those for?!) — “at least” I had the sick days and all she could do was be cruel. This should be a bare minimum!

Software licensing was “fun” on its own ways — undergrads thought I was a grad student and had that air of respect, grad students thought I was one of them and joked like comrades, med students grumbled at everything and gave a “typical, those assholes” whenever the university and med school had their wires crossed (this happened A Lot), doctors were absolutely astonishing assholes (topped by Mr. “What do you mean you don’t have Acrobat, I need to be in surgery in 45 min!”) — professors varied widely, some assholes, some sterotypical absent minded professors, some polite enough to advise us that they were about to tell a lecture hall of 100+ that they needed XYZ software (FYI, engineers really do travel in packs!)

CS5 for <$300 totally made up for it.

@ Argenti

OT but are you still going to see Emilie Autumn or is that off due to being snowed in?

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

As of present, the concert is on, and since I am finally dug out, I’m definitely going (we’ve got the hotel paid for, so concert or not, I get to give my mother a tour of Boston)

She already post-ponied this tour once, so I doubt she’d cancel unless it was absolutely necessary — she had to relocate a Cali location at the last minute because the venue had issues with zoning or some such over fire safety. She was terribly apologetic about it, so there’s no way she’d cancel/reschedule a week in advance.

First time I saw her it was all of 17°F (that’s -8° for you celcius people), her tour bus broke down and she was an hour late, so wtf’s a little snow!

I was threatening to dig out to the main road if I had to (~150′ so not as insane as it might sound, though admittedly my psych would probably have a field day with that)

CassandraSays

Post-ponied is my favorite typo in a while! I’ve never had to really deal with super cold conditions when going to shows other than in Scotland, and I was a teenager then so I didn’t care. Seems like a lot of bands run into issues in the Midwest in the winter though, especially getting in and out of Chicago if there’s a storm. This year the East seems to be giving that region a run for its money.

Since you are still going would you mind dropping me a line via the forum? There’s something I want to ask you about the show but I can’t really do it in public.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Post-ponied…almost makes sense, if you’re tying your pony to a post…

PM sent!

And after that 17° thing I made sure my concert costume was suited to New England winter (floor length lined coat by hand, I am never working with 100% polyester again, the cotton shell was so much easier!)

CassandraSays

I see people at shows in outfits alarmingly lacking in protection from the elements even here. I can’t even imagine how people manage in, say, hotpants and bare legs in a climate that’s more hardcore. I’d far rather have to deal with the cloakroom than get sick.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

“Post-ponied” sounds like the state of a piece of text after it has been ponified (i.e. pronouns have been replaced with My Little Pony-appropriate pronouns. I think someone around here used to do that with all their comments via a chrome plugin).

Whatever it is, I desperately want post-ponied to mean something. This needs to be a thing, okay?

CassandraSays

Maybe tie it in to the blog theme via Tom Martin? Post-ponied – the feeling of soreness in the ass that one gets as a result of going on a really long ride after not having ridden for a long time.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Hm. It could work…

The post-ponied Martin, upon witnessing his aching misplaced bum (and that’s real) slither away through the grass, knew that God and Harry Potter had given him the mission of making the world, starting with the library of the London School of Economics, safe for men’s asses.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

What have I done?! Kind of honored to have caused that Martin joke, but maybe I just need sleep.

As for concerts, bodystockings aren’t just for sexiness! They’re like fashionable long underwear! Add a fashionable jacket and genre appropriate clothing and accessories, stir, refrain from dying of hypothermia!

On that note, we still don’t have heat (tomorrow / later today, hopefully) and I have a pile of blankets waiting for me, so g’night guys!

Katelisa
Katelisa

@Melody: VS sizing is notoriously bad. Them giving people several back sizes too large/cup sizes too small is pretty much a constant when they’re tested by Big Bust Blogs. http://www.investinyourchest.co.uk/victorias-secret-open-london-flagship-store is a pretty good example of how horrifyingly badly they fit people in order to make a sell.

@Starsklta: 26 is admittedly rather rare, but most, if not all, big bust brands makes at least 28Hs since that is how a bra for big boobs is supposed to fit. The back band should do the lifting, not the straps.

@yoyo: Royce Lingerie, which has a pretty extensive post-surgery range in the £20-£30 range have a bunch of stockists in Australia. Their bras are reasonably cute, and for that prize you ought to get a decent quality.

CassandraSays

Last time I went into VS as a social experiment they told me I was a 38C. I’m a 34E. The funniest part is that they actually carry my size (well, they carry a 34DDD in some limited ranges) and they still managed to get it wrong.

PS If a bra fitter ever tries to measure you with tape while you’re wearing a sweater, laugh at them.

BigMomma

Bravissimo!! Spent much of my life thinking I was 38DD but got measured at 34GG by them and my boobs never felt better.

lowquacks
lowquacks

@Katelisa

Thanks. No boobs or boob myself, but mum might end up having a preventative masectomy pending DNA tests – probably not, and fingers crossed – so, I’ll take note of that name.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I hope your mum’s doing better, lowquacks. Has she finished her chemo treatment yet?

lowquacks
lowquacks

The first and nastier part, yes. She’ll be having more frequent but far gentler frequents for about two months from now and then radiotherapy until August. Depending on DNA test results and something or other else, she may then have a boob and/or part or all of her reproductive system removed, but hopefully and probably not.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Fingers and toes crossed for NOT, then!

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

I hope Viscaria’s not having a panic attack any more, but if she (?) or anyone else is storing those lighthearted Netflix recommendations for a rainy day, I’d like to add Better Off Ted and Avatar: The Last Airbender to the list. Actually, AtLA can get a little dark, but as a rule it’s optimistic and brightly colored, and the series ends on a good note.

Lowquacks, good thoughts to your mom and your family.

eline
eline
Reply to  drst

@drst

I didn’t mean to imply anything else than my own personal experiences and how I deal with such situations. Or that anyone who opts to stay quiet in such situations should act like I do; it’s sadly pretty obvious not everyone can for various reasons, whether it’s up to them or not. Sorry if there was some “hidden message” in my comment, nothing such intended!

melody

@Katelisa any suggestions as to where I should get a fitting then?

@lowquacks I wish you luck. I just lost my uncle to cancer on saturday. It was time though. He wasn’t really fighting anymore and we were just waiting. My aunt also has cancer and seems to be doing a lot better in regards to it. It is really stressful when loves ones are fighting.

Katelisa
Katelisa

Start with fitting/measuring yourself. There are loads of good online instructions that will give you a decent approximation of what size you should wear. Once you know that, try to find stores that sell your size, or shop online. Figleaves have a decent range if you’re in the US, in Europe Brastop is pretty much perfect (cheap, great returns policy, and I swear they’re not paying me). Generally Europe seems to be better when it comes to having a wide range of sizes.

Also, have a look at some Big Bust Blogs and their blogrolls. Blogs will have tips about shops from their part of the world. BrasIhate and Investinyourchest are excellent starting points.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Melody, so sorry about your uncle, I hope your aunt recovers.

ayanna
ayanna
1 year ago

Oh man XD Dude just destroyed my sour cream life. MRA’s say only women are monogamous. Then they say only men are monogamous. They say the only thing useful about women is our nurturing skills, then they say we aren’t capable of love, or affection. It’s clear they don’t know a thing about women. Or, much of anything else, really.The hypocrisy. It’s just too much.

1 3 4 5