a woman is always to blame all about the menz are these guys 12 years old? crackpottery creepy disgusting women domestic violence entitled babies evil sexy ladies evil women friend zone friend zoning girl germs grandiosity incoherent rage men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men rape jokes reactionary bullshit reddit spermjacking straw feminists twitter whaaaaa? whores why can't men punch women?

#INeedMasculismBecause nothing is funnier than MRAs sincerely trying to explain their dumb beliefs to the world

MRA Tweet Generating Room
MRA Tweet Generating Room

So: many if not most of you have probably heard about the whole #INeedMasculismBecause thing. For those who aren’t: a bunch of Men’s Rights Redditors and other MRAs, inspired by a post on 4Chan, decided to swarm Twitter with #INeedMasculismBecause tweets in response to the #INeedFeminismBecause hashtag. Feminists responded by outswarming the MRAs, flooding their new hashtag with often quite hilarious parodies of MRAspeak, as well as some just plain ridiculousness.

Today, on r/mensrights, MRAs are surveying the damage in a host of different threads, with some plaintively wondering “why is everyone so hostile towards the idea of men having issues,” and others claiming that the hashtag really “started as a caricature of Men’s Rights, in order to lure out the real life caricatures of Radical Feminism.” Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Jezebel has already chronicled some of the funniest parody tweets. And I was thinking of doing the same. I mean, these are pretty good:

twpa1twpa2twpa4twpa3

Ok, that last one was just a dumb joke about someone ordering a watermelon-flavored drink. I “favorite” a lot of things.

Anyway, catching up on the whole thing last night, I found myself thinking that the parody comments – as funny as some  of them were – couldn’t really compete with the loopiness of the real MRA tweets.

So here are some #INeedMasculismBecause tweets by some of my new favorite Twitter MRAs. (I only started going through these really late last night, so a lot of my examples come from the Indian MRAs who were posting prolifically at the time.)

Let’s start with Average Man, who opened a new Twitter account just for the occasion:

twav3twav4twav5twav2

Uh, maybe they gave you “less marks” because you don’t know the difference between “less” and “lower.”

Alexander shared these somewhat perplexing thoughts:

twal1twal2

The prolific SaveIndianFamilyNGO had all sorts of interesting opinions:

twsi2twsi3twsi4twsi5twsi6twsi7 twsi8twsi9

I found myself often perplexed by wnnbl, but I don’t think his troubles with English were the main problem:

twwn1twwn2twwn4twwn3twwn5joke

I assume these last two are jokes, but honestly, who knows?

I have no idea what Virag was going on about with these tweets:

twvi1

But this one at least was pretty clear:

twvi2

Atit seems to have a rather strange idea of what “equality for men” means:

twat1

Warrior for Justice also doesn’t seem to like women very much:

twwf1twwf2

Martin Clausen ramped up his largely dormant Twitter account to post these gems:

twmc1twmc2twmc3twmc4

I don’t quite know what to make of Jackson here, but he seems to be a real MRA.

twjk1twjk2

This is just a theory, but maybe women look at you strangely when you pick up your kids because of that uncontrollable boner you mentioned earlier?

twjk3twjk4

MRAs show once again that they’re beyond parody — or at least indistinguishable from it.

Yoyo
Yoyo

You can’t beat good ole martin’s concern for all those abandoned and dieing males. If he’s talking real abandonment/ death he has the wrong gender, but I suspect he’s talking first world male abandonment. (Like no dates sob sob).

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I’m pretty sure Average Man is a parody account from a few of their tweets. It is hard to tell with many of the seemingly sincere pro-masculism accounts, though: Poe’s Law in action.

feminizm rulez bro!
feminizm rulez bro!

i love when men mock masculinity! we’re so close to eliminating it!! pretty soon, we’re all going to be females!! so glad all these men are doing the dirty work and eliminating themselves off the planet 🙂

Karalora
Karalora

The sad thing is that the world could really use a sincere masculist movement. But in order to be sincere, it would have to work arm in arm with feminism, and the very thought causes MRAs to become incoherent with rage.

Helen

I’m afraid Jay Satellite’s tweet is literally true of a lot of MRAs.

HMDK
HMDK

“i love when men mock masculinity! we’re so close to eliminating it!! pretty soon, we’re all going to be females!! so glad all these men are doing the dirty work and eliminating themselves off the planet ”

That IS a great parody!

augochlorella
augochlorella

you can’t have equal rights for both genders by disgusting on only one, and that’s real.

I read this to my roommate and we can’t stop laughing. He means discussing only one, right? Unless he thinks society is “disgusting on” all of men and he is therefore entitled to be disgusting to women?

I’m competing in parliamentary debate next weekend. I’m going to end all my points with “and that’s real” so everyone knows how true my words are.

cloudiah

Men go 4 bear? I wonder where Warrior for Justice lives.

Yoyo
Yoyo

Augochlorrela, “and that’s real” means you win all debates on the inter webs.;-)

cloudiah

I would think you would want at least 7 or 8 people with you when going 4 bear.

cloudiah

Ooooh, we have a new catch phrase thanks to augochlorella, and that’s real.

hellkell
hellkell

The MRA tweets are what privilege looks like when it gets rattled.

hellkell
hellkell

and that’s real.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Misandry led to the crucifixion, I iz ded of stupid. Rome was only involved by hating men, right Caesar?

sthlivingincolor

“bro,” if men are being killed off in wars, it’s not women that are sending them there. If war isn’t what you’re referring to, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

cloudiah

Women are always doing their nails and gossiping while 5 men go 4 bear, and that’s real.

Yoyo
Yoyo

And box is sure civilisation will crash and burn because people with vaginas can vote – and that’s real too.

Yoyo
Yoyo

Whoops that should be vox of course.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I saw a few of Average Man’s earlier tweets, like the one about it being illegal for men to abdicate parental responsibility, which convinced me it was a Poe, but looking at their later tweets just now convinces me they’re for real. That’s way too much playing it with a straight face.

Anyway, any men 4 gather II go 4 bear? We go 4 bear l8r. Men r doers.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

and that’s real.

Kim
Kim

Looks like some tweets have gone to #INeedMasculism instead. There are some good ones in there though.

MyCatsAreMyGods

Reblogged this on EllenBeth Wachs and commented:
The tweets were flying so fast it was hard to keep up with this hashtag. It was my evening entertainment.

augochlorella
augochlorella

All of you using “and that’s real” has made my night, and that’s real.

Creative Writing Student

I’m trying to work out what ‘misplaced bum syndrome’ is, so far I got a serious and tragic condition where the gluteus maximus detaches itself and is left at the bus stop and other such locations.

sabresguy5
sabresguy5

SaveIndianFamilyNGO is quite, uh, ‘interesting’:

Women like women 5 times more than men like men. Men are unaware of misandry inside them.

Given that you think “Most women and all feminists can not (sic) use “Logic” and see facts and then lie”, I think people don’t like you because you’re an ass, not because ‘misandry’.
Wait, I thought that all women secretly hated each other because biotruths? Ugh, is consistency among misogynistic twats really too much to ask for?

Feminists and Arts graduates are intellectually challenged.

Haha, yeah, those Artsies are fucking idiots! DAE enjoy movies, TV shows, books, music, drawings/paintings, literally anything with a storyline?

I am am mathematician

BRO DO U EVEN STEM? I DO INTEGRALS EVERY DAY BRO

It is misandry which led to false allegations and crucifixion of Jesus. Males are disposable gender.

crucifixion of Jesus

wat

Society encashes the misplaced bum syndrome of men, including men themselves which is the root cause of abuse of men

misplaced bum syndrome of men

PFFFFFFFFTTT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Martin Clausen dreams of a world where men are not second-class citizens:

the entire western world hates men

I know what you mean, man. I mean, with how men get paid more than women for doing the same work, how they aren’t constantly judged based on their looks, how they weren’t viewed as property of their spouse for hundreds of years…the oppression is too much! =’(*sniffsniff*

men in todays society are NOT powerful

Someday in the future, there might even be a male president. Alas, it won’t be now, or soon. But someday….

hellkell
hellkell

Ugh, is consistency among misogynistic twats really too much to ask for?

Please don’t use the word “twat” while trying to denounce misogyny, thanks.

nerdypants
nerdypants

Warrior for Justice is really straining against that character limit.

nerdypants
nerdypants

Also, all the Indian MRAs, is this a new thing or just a consequence of how you clicked through to find the funnies or what? It seems a strange time, given recent events, for the Men’s Rights Movement to get loud over there.

Hey, look who else is on that hashtag, and that’s real.

nerdypants
nerdypants

If anyone’s interested, I found this on Wikipedia: “The Save Indian Family Foundation (SIFF), founded in 2005, is a men’s rights organisation in India … An advocacy group against misuse of India’s laws related to dowry harassment and domestic violence,[2] it provides moral and legal support for men and their families who have suffered intimate partner violence, or have been accused of domestic violence themselves. SIFF is an umbrella organisation of a number of men’s and family rights organisations across Indian cities and provinces … SIFF has opposed efforts to criminalize marital rape in India, arguing that “no relationship will work if these rules are enforced.”

Seems to be that Tweeter, though their website is down.

sabresguy5
sabresguy5

@hellkell Sorry about that. I’ll remember not to do that.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“no relationship will work if these rules are enforced.”

Well, I guess if you’re awful enough to believe that relationships can’t work without rape, it’s good to at least be open and honest about it, so that people have a chance to preemptively avoid you.

hellkell
hellkell

Thanks, sabresguy5.

Robert Code
Robert Code

The guy who created the entire thing admitted that it was an experiment to see how quickly he could cause a dispute on Twitter. If you ask me he did pretty well

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Men go 4 bear? Nah, I just don’t shave my legs in the winter. And that’s real.

cloudiah

The video which explains the Pervocracy’s tweet is hilarious, and that’s real.

And now I am going to spend my evening watching the whole “True Facts About” series.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Creative Writing Student

It has to be the syndrome that places your bum where it will be exposed to the hardest place on a chair. Thus, society “encashes” (or gets cash from) selling men chair after chair as they attempt to find one that fits their bum correctly. They never will though because men themselves are the root cause of the abuse of men and that’s real.

cloudiah

Is it really a “dispute” if one group of people is taking it seriously and the other group is making fun of them? I mean it’s not like feminists were upset. We were snortling and having fun. See anglerfish video just above.

cloudiah

You don’t get much MORE serious than 5 guys going 4 bear, and that’s real.

Neurite
Neurite

Karalora – I actually agree! When I first heard about the Men’s Rights Movement, I remember thinking “oh yeah, that seems like a really good idea”, because (as many people here have noted before), there are actual serious issues facing men in our society – the way the criminal justice system treats men of color comes to mind (not to say racism in that system doesn’t affect women of color also, but there’s a particularly noxious brand of criminalization and fearmongering about, say, black men), as do some actual issues with family courts, or the way men are discouraged from getting help for mental health issues or dismissed and ridiculed when they are victims of abuse… at the time I first heard the term MRM, I actually had two male friends who were dealing with some pretty awfully biased stuff regarding parental custody*.

Alas, my first reaction of “sounds like a good idea” evaporated pretty quickly as soon as encountered the actual MRM as it exists right now, with all its delightful frothing misogyny and obsession with their boners and resentment of female emancipation in lieu of actual relevant issues.

Many other have also pointed out that many of the men’s issues I outlined above are actually best addressed by feminism, because they are outgrowths of toxic concepts about men derived from traditional gender roles. I would still not have a problem with a movement specifically dedicated to focusing on issues that affect men (whether you call it masculism or whatever), and it fact can see a good argument for there being a need for that. But any such movement that sees itself as somehow an antithesis to feminism (instead of a logical complement), or considers feminism its nemesis (instead of its ally)? Yikes.

*Note, neither of those friends took that as some jumping-off point for descending into misogyny. It’s possible to deal with discrimination from the courts and not somehow turn that into “and that’s why all women are terrible and feminism is evil!”

Neurite
Neurite

Also: DL Colvin, Ruby, did you see how sabresguy5 just handled themselves up there? You might wanna take some notes.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

The hidden danger of laughing one’s ass off 🙁

And that’s real.

nerdypants
nerdypants

David: I’ve been Googling the name of the NGO and it does seem to be recent, though fairly big, over there. Save Indian Family Foundation have got hotlines in a few major city centres, a few thousand messages per month on their chat group. Some wins they cite include successfully lobbying their parliament to amend an anti-dowry law, delaying an anti-workplace harassment law to include penalties for false claims and protections from male-on-male and female-on-male harassment, and lobbying to exclude India from an International Violence Against Women act, which would have seen the US funding feminist orgs in India (see summary). It’s a bit depressing to see that their ideology looks pretty similar to Western MRAs. At a time when Indian women are trying to make progress on women’s rights, this is the last thing they need.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Ah, the “social experiment” defense

nerdypants
nerdypants

David PS: Also, that Firepower guy you featured recently still believes (despite my best efforts) that you have been commenting on his blog under the ‘nym of “David Fucktrelle – Male Feminist Extraordinairre”. Apparently there was a coincidence in timing between Fucktrelle’s arrival on his blog and your post, which has Firepower convinced beyond all reason that you and “Fucktrelle” are the same person. Do you want to go correct him? Or alternatively, you could just leave it as an amusing footnote to the whole thing 🙂 I personally find it interesting how tenaciously MRA types will cling to an untenable position, esp. when a woman points out their error…

pecunium

I’d give him some slack. India probably uses the british system of “marks, where the US would say “credit”.

1 2 3 8