a woman is always to blame alpha males bad boys beta males creep-shaming cuckolding evil women false accusations manginas men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misandry misogyny sexual abuse

Oh, Brother! Gun-toting MGTOWer rejected by Big Brother program

No, not THAT Big Brother
No, not THAT Big Brother

Life is tough for dudes in our evil misandryarchy. Even dudes who just want to help littler dudes find themselves blocked by evil women.

Take, for example, the sad tale of a public-spirited MGTOWer who calls himself TheDisgruntledGentleman, and his thwarted attempt to join the Big Brother/Big Sister program. No, not the TV show, or the creepy dystopian leader/voyeur from 1984 — the mentoring program that pairs adults with at-risk kids. Let’s let him explain:

So, instead of just hand wringing about how males are targeted and denigrated within all aspects of life, I decided one way of trying to help would be to join the Big Brother Big Sister program. The first meeting I went to explained that there are twice as many boys looking for a match than there are girls. They said it was partly because more females than males volunteer. They didn’t mention how most boys have a mother in there life but no father because of the misandric divorce courts but I digress…

Oh, dear. We’re not off to a good start here.

Anyways, as part of the process, I had a one on one interview with a female member of the organisation to assess if I was suitable to be a Big, and if so, they wanted to know about me so they could match me with a little. I mentioned that I carry a firearm everywhere I legally can, I also wanted to know what protections were in place to protect me from unfounded accusations, and I expressed how I couldn’t be with a Little if his father had been forcibly removed from his life because of the vindictive actions of the mother. I think the final one sealed my fate however.

Yeah, why on earth would the program reject a gun-toting, woman-hating, self-described “disgruntled gentleman” whose only question for the organization, apparently, was about what would happen if he was accused of child molestation or abuse?

I’m not particularly upset at being rejected because after looking into it more, the activities deemed appropriate to do with your Little seem somewhat feminine, but it just further hammers home that even when you try to help because there are boys out there screaming for some positive male role models in there lives, you’re only allowed to show them masculine things that females deem are appropriate. It just makes me sick.

Hate to break it to you, dude, but you’re not actually a positive role model for anyone.

In the comments at MGTOWforums.com, where TheDisgruntledGentleman posted his tale of woe, others stepped forward to offer their own, er, critiques of the Big Brother program. “I’m really not surprised by the outcome of this at all,” wrote Mpav8r.

Basically, for our purposes, without intending any disrespect to the pious, we can compare the Big Brother service to a kind of prostitution agency, specializing in providing uber-manginas to attend to the fatherly duties of the harlot’s absconded alpha daddy, or the cuckolded beta wallet in exile; furthermore these manginas are free-range certified not to be paedophiles, or likely to have any real parental influence in lieu of the mother’s. Big Brothers is basically a volunteer organization that makes the logical connection between single moms and pathetic beta chumps trying to score brownie points, and attempts to exploit it for the perceived benefit of the children.

Most pathetic is the fact that these volunteers know for a fact that they will not be getting any tail as part of the deal. Unless you have a bleeding heart for abandoned bastards, you’d have to be a fool to waste your time on such a fool’s enterprise.

Based on what you said in your post, I would wager that the women in charge likely factored you as an armed misogynist pedophile with a chip on his shoulder. I would have gone wearing an old navy outfit and talked about flower arranging and self-esteem.

Relic, meanwhile, suggested that the best way to help out young boys today is for MGTOWers to keep being the woman-hating assholes they already are. Well, that’s a rough paraphrase. He phrased his advice slightly differently:

For me personally, I have zero interest in helping single mothers raise their kids. If she wanted a positive influence from a male, maybe she and her kind would not fuck us over at every turn so dad stays in the home. It’s only when society passes the breaking point things will get better for men. Stalling this only prolongs the suffering. Until then, I’m in the shadows.

I’m willing to bet that many men have been falsely accused of crimes trying to give back to these programs. No fucking way I would expose myself to that nightmare to help a single mother. Allow the whole thing to come crashing down while putting good information out there for truth seekers to get educated. It’s the absolute best thing we can do for boys.

I do agree that  the best thing MGTOWers can do for boys is to stay as far away from them as possible.

Gold EVERYTHING!

…I just fell down a radfem hub shaped hole while answering a question implying that transphobia is only a problem for conservatives (idk which is worse really, radfem hub, or zealous transhumanists who act like we’re already “post-gender”)

I need a barracuda…tangentially, apparently clown loaches also like the shiny, I had one trying to eat my garnet ring the other day!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Transphobia only a problem for conservatives????

Argenti Aertheri

“Hello, I remember looking at the Radfem Hub blog once (before I started reading ManBoobz), and there was a whole thread (iirc) about whether transwomen were welcome in women’s rooms at colleges and the like, because of their having lived with male privilege before transition. No other issues seemed to get a look-in at all.”

I’ve yet to see anything that isn’t either standard feminism (eg this is wtf rape culture looks like) or transphobia — google the cotton ceiling, it’s my “favorite” example of the latter.

“About transhumanists I know even less, but I can only guess that someone who thinks we’re “post gender” has lived a very sheltered, safe sort of life!”

They’re basically another “after the revolution we’ll have utopia” sort, but the revolution will be a computer (AI) singularity. I doubt pecunium’s still around, but he could explain it better (they just make my head hurt)

And yes, very sheltered, like, straight white middle class male is the easiest setting but you loose some bonus points for being neuroatypical.

“Hey, on the killer fish: what about MUTANT PLECS? (So what if they’re not from the Gulf, they’re mutants, they can do what they want!)”

They’ freshwater fish, they’d need to learn to deal with salt first (if you want to do this, explain it as them having moved into the amazon river basin, acclimated to the brackish water there, and then headed out to open ocean — it’s improbable in reality, but that’s close enough to a viable explanation for fantasy)

“I’m not sure a fish with no teeth is very intimidating. What’s it going to do, leave hickeys on you?”

Mutant plecs? They have um, rasping bits, they can tear apart wood given enough time, and are notorious plant uprooters, but more a minor pest than a real threat. Big enough though…this one disemboweled a loach sometime between when I left for work and when I got back (that was the law firm from hell too, so much hated for that year)

Big enough and that sucking ability could tear you apart is the point here.

As for the loaches nibbling on me, it was kind of shocking, it didn’t really hurt so much as…almost like a teeny tiny flick. Really weird.

Argenti Aertheri

At normal sizes they don’t have teeth large enough to do any real damage, mutant size that though…well, I’d not want to take a nap near that.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“but the revolution will be a computer (AI) singularity.”

Oh shit, that sounds like AntZ and his virtual reality fantasies. About as plausible, too.

Why am I not surprised that straight-white-middle-class-dude is the type here … ?

Re plecs: yup, I was thinking MUTANT plecs would have no trouble dealing with trivia like salt vs fresh water. And no, I woudln’t want a mouth like that near me (though the face has an adorably goofy sort of look about it). We’re talking PLECZILLA here and nothing is impossible, bwahahahahaha!

Loaches nibbling reminds me of how the cowfish used to bite one of my mates at the Museum when it was her turn to feed ’em. I’m not sure if their mouths are like little beaks, but it used to make her squawk a bit. They never bit me … I made a point of telling them I had cats.

Jessay (@jessay)

I love when people raise their red flags as a greeting so you don’t have to go through the trouble of actually trusting and being hurt by them. Good job MRA for outing yourself so that no young boys ever have to suffer that type of mentor-ship.

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh — cowfish is adorable! And yeah, plecs are cute a their own strange way (and loaches and cories both have little tiny barbell mouths that are just too cute for words)

I’ll leave the ranting about the AI singularity to Pecunium if he wants to take the chance to do so — it’d make more sense coming from him anyways, he knows, um, more of their gurus than followers? Whereas dude there has a serious case of hero worship that makes it impossible for me to cut through the BS.

And we were friends back in high school btw, fell out of touch, started speaking again and it went well at first…I want to hold out hope that he can become less wrong about Less Wrong (oh gods that pun is horrible) but idk. He is intelligent, just very sheltered and tends to need his um, biases, pointed out. I had to remind him earlier that the obvious answer to wtf we still need feminism for is that Roe vs Wade is up for debate, birth control is abortion and politicians think they can get elected on this shit and that when it comes to feminism’s role in so called third world countries we need to stop playing colonist.

Your typical “I know best” type…except when he’s quoting his transhumanist hero and claiming the Dunning-Kruger effect doesn’t apply because Mr. Brilliant is just that brilliant.

Yes Pecunium, I mean Yudkowsky, and that’s why I’ll give you dibs on ranting about transhumanism of you want to (everyone else, this will make sense later, or it won’t, but I’ll leave that up to Pecunium as well, sorry for the strangeness here!)

Viscaria
Viscaria

@Kitteh:

Oh my, an ad for a new season of Midsomer Murders just came on. There goes the population of England again!

I’ve often wondered which is the more dangerous place to live, Midsomer County or Sunnydale, California,

Viscaria
Viscaria

I love ending sentences with commas, okay? It’s the best.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Viscaria

It’s Cabot Cove, obviously. And if you die in Cabot Cove, you stay dead. 🙂 That population has to be about the same as my high school and I swear more people are murdered in Cabot Cove than graduated.

/love for Angela Lansbury

(Okay, one more thing: the boyfriend swears that Jessica Fletcher is just a mass-murderer who is scarily good at getting others to take the fall, and so it isn’t that Cabot Cove is dangerous, it is just that anywhere with Jessica Fletcher in it has just become the scariest place on earth.)

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

@SomeGal

I once saw an episode of Murder She Wrote where Jessica went to Ireland, and the (red haired, green suited, jig-dancing) local police man said “Ah beggorrah, top o the mornin and other such epic sterotypes to ye Jessica. There’s been a murder in the village. It’s bizarre, the last time we had a murder was when you came to visit 15 years ago!”, so your boyfriend might be on to something.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@thenatfantastic

I think the only thing that competes with the trips to Ireland are when Jessica fights communism. (I watched the whole series on Netflix a couple of years ago and know exactly what episode you’re talking about, although I think she got the same reaction on more than one of her visits to other “safe” places to live.)

You may have made the boyfriend’s day, btw, which is nice because his plans for the day are currently taking me to the doctor and watching while they inject things into my back. (It sounds much worse than it is.)

Falconer

There are sawfish, hammerheads, and other large sharks in the Persian Gulf. Moray eels and stingrays are also a possibility. As are mutant varieties of any of the above!

As the GURPS 4th Edition Basic Set: Campaigns says, there are many breeds of shark, most of which swim placidly along, eating anything that gets in their way:

Those kinds of shark aren’t any fun at all.

Falconer

You know, I bet property values are really great in Sunnydale, Midsomer and Cabot Cove. Lots of estate sales and foreclosure auctions.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

Hope your injections aren’t too bad Some Gal. I haven’t watched Murder She Wrote since I was a student, I may have to acquire some.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@thenatfantastic

Thanks. They are all done now and I am pleasantly numb. (There will be a bit of soreness later, but it is less than the pain it treats so whatevs.) I was, for what seems like the umpteenth time, used as practice for someone who has never done the procedure before. I don’t know if I am just unlucky or some sort of model patient, perfect for first-timers to test their skills on. I like to assume the latter because I’m vain like that. 🙂 There is nothing quite like hearing your doctor tell the guy sticking you with needles that he’s doing it wrong.

I hope you enjoy the show if you get to watching it. There are lots of fun guest stars and most of it ages well. The parts that don’t are just amazing. 🙂

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Re: Dubai’s native critters, you could theoretically have your PCs come up against just about anything and just say it escaped from an aquarium or Sea World or an eccentric billionaire’s private collection. Anyone else remember the lions running around Baghdad after “Shock and Awe” destroyed the zoo?

Re: Falconer, property values probably probably were good in Sunnydale, when it still existed…

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

@SomeGal I know what you mean about being the kind of model patient doctors like to let people test on, I once had the staples that were holding my stomach together removed by a trainee :/ I also have teeny tiny veins, so I’m used as a ‘challenge’ when I need anything sticking in them >:( I also think it has to do with me being titchy and young, doctors and senior nurses know I probably won’t refuse anything they ask me to do. Which is Not Good.

But I hope your pleasant numbness lasts!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@Viscaria – I don’t think there’s anywhere safe in the UK. I mean, Scotland – Taggart and Rebus wipe out Glasgow and Edinburgh. Wire in the Blood pretty much takes care of the whole of the North Country. London, well, I’m surprised there’s anyone left there between The Bill, New Tricks and the more recent series I haven’t seen. Don’t go anywhere near Oxford, Morse and Lewis have a string of murders to deal with there. And Midsomer … I was saying to the boss just yesterday, if you ever find yourself in a mysterious, remarkably pretty rural area where a “cottage” is at least two stories and ten rooms, everyone’s rolling in money and about ninety percent of them are obnoxious or just strange, and there are absolutely no PoC anywhere … then RUN FOR YOUR LIFE because it’s Midsomer.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@Falconer – yeah, I’ve always said the best jobs in Misomer would be real estate agent or funeral director. Thriving industries, those.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

*Midsomer

The Stepford Knife
The Stepford Knife

The essence of TheDisgruntledGentleman’s post is pretty much this: the annoying kid at primary school who asks you for a sweet, and when you say “No”, replies with “That’s alright- I never wanted one of your smelly sweets anyway!”

Come to think of it that also sums up the entire MGTOW thing: “That’s alright- this Nice Guy™ never wanted your smelly vagina anyway! Now I’m going to PUNISH YOU by refusing to have sex with you! Never mind that you actively refused to have sex with me anyway- I STILL WIN!!!! YOU’RE THE LOSER HERE!!!!!! REALLY…”

Falconer

@Kittehs’ — Yorks may be less safe than average because sometimes Dalziel & Pascoe don’t get the killer.

I may also have a bit of a tendency to flee from police boxes, I don’t know, I’m a Yank, but those things just seem like trouble.

(Seriously, though I think there’s like ONE in the entire London Metro Area left, and it’s been painted with a Scarf Of Many Colors.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

There’s a very dangerous backyard I see from the train. It has a police box in it. NEVER GO TO NARRE WARREN.

Deoridhe
Deoridhe

I seriously considered writing an ongoing fanfiction where Fletcher was a very canny serial killer, possibly with some hypnotic abilities or something to explain all of the confessions. I wish I had more time in my life. 8(

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Deoridhe

I’d read it. 🙂 The other fun theory I’ve heard is that Jessica Fletcher is a manifestation of death itself and infects those around her so that they commit murders they otherwise wouldn’t.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

That sounds like my theory about Midsomer Murders – Tom Barnaby did it all!

Or possibly Joyce Barnaby, since she had a habit of being on the scene when it happened.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

Maybe it was a team effort? 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Probably! It kept him in business, that’s for sure.

Jake Hamby (@jhamby)

@Some Gal

It’s been a while since I’ve watched Murder, She Wrote but now that I know the series is on Netflix, I should check them out. My dad used to watch those all the time when I was a kid.

I attended the wedding of a friend from work about 10 years ago that was held in Mendocino, a little coastal town in Northern California, a hundred or so miles north of San Francisco. Another friend and I drove up from L.A. for the wedding, and as the town came into view, it became obvious that we had just traveled to Cabot Cove (because Mendocino is where all the Cabot Cove exterior shots were filmed).

That experience was a bit stranger than I would’ve expected. I think I’d like to visit the Hotel Portmeirion, where the original Prisoner TV show was filmed. I think that would top Mendocino / Cabot Cove for “iconic, yet slightly odd, TV locations that you can visit IRL.”

mdevile
mdevile

I read the section of this prospective mentors demands and conditions to my office. Not a single person thought that he was rejected because of systemic prejudice against men.

Weird, huh?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I think we need a Red Flag gif to link people too, but I’m not good enough with visual arts to make one myself. I’m imagining something giant and blinky that just says RED FLAG. We could use it every time someone writes something like “I mentioned that I carry a firearm everywhere I legally can, I also wanted to know what protections were in place to protect me from unfounded accusations”.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@Jake

My mom and I watched together when I was a kid. I was probably a little too young for it (as I discovered when rewatching and finding that the “scariest” death to me as a kid was in the midst of one if the funny episodes), but I really loved it anyway.

I grew up in CA and Mendocino is one of those places I’ve been to, but barely remember. (I think we had friends in the area? I remember having Kraft Mac and Cheese, which my mother normally didn’t let us have, more than I remember anything else. 🙂 ) If I ever get back to the area, I would live to go and actually remember it.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

mdevile:

Weird, huh?

It just shows how the feminazi world gummint conspiracy really is everywhere!

Welcome, btw. 🙂

M. Lion

There are lots of reasons people are denied being Bigs. Being hateful towards a Little’s parent, especially if you haven’t met him or her before, is going to get you shunned. Like duh.

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn

“I mentioned that I carry a firearm everywhere I legally can, I also wanted to know what protections were in place to protect me from unfounded accusations” HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THESE PEOPLE

THEY REALLY DON’T SEE HOW THEY’RE THEIR OWN ENEMY

Pro -gun AND pro-women's rights
Pro -gun AND pro-women's rights

How about you keep your weapons paranoia out of the question and concentrate on the fact that the man is clearly insane, dangerous, and hates women?

We don’t need any “help” by you scaring off possible allies.

just a suggestion.

Argenti Aertheri

Pro-gun, pro-women, and anti-mentally-ill — dangerous + hates women =/= insane.

And who’s this “we”?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh, put a sock in it, gun lobby dude.

hellkell
hellkell

How about you take your ableism and cram it sideways, “ally?” I see pro-gun is before pro-women in your name, so I guess where you fall on things. Fuck off.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“Weapons paranoia,” that’s rich. If anyone’s got a weird weapons fixation, it’s the US gun lobby.

Pro -gun AND pro-women's rights
Pro -gun AND pro-women's rights

I am not now nor have I ever been an employee of any arms company or a member of any gun organization.

I did once attend a meeting of the Pink Pistols, gay armedself defense rights organization.

does that count?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I also have no wish to have anyone who thinks that the idea of being armed 24/7 is a good thing to introduce into the BBBS program as an ally. The kids in that program have enough shit to deal with already without dumbasses trying to indoctrinate them with pro-gun propaganda.

Argenti Aertheri

Wait, in my tired cabin fevered state, I missed the fucking obvious. How is this guy dangerous of not as a result of him being armed? Misogynist sure, but how’s dangerous follow from that if you remove the gun from the equation?

(And what the ever loving fuck makes him “insane”?!)

I’m taking my night time crazy pills and going to bed, goodnight guys! (By all the gods, by morning, can the snow be removed so leaving the house is possible?)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

‘Paranoia” is a pretty good way to describe the mindset of anyone who thinks that they need to be armed at all times.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“Insane” and “asshole” – not actually the same thing!

Sleep well, Argenti.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Niters, Argenti!

hellkell
hellkell

Go away, pro-gun yahoo. This is not the forum you’re looking for.