a woman is always to blame creepy evil sexy ladies evil women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men reddit victim blaming

BREAKING NEWS: Men (Still) Oppressed By Women Who Dress Like Whores

Women Oppressing Men With Scanty Attire in the 1920s
Women Oppressing Men With Scanty Attire in the 1920s

I haven’t had the patience to go through the discussions that developed in the wake of the Men’s Rights Subreddit’s historic winning of the prestigious King Dick of Fart Mountain Subreddit of the Day award yesterday. But I did read enough to come across this little exchange, in which a heroic Men’s Rightser confessed how touched he was that someone outside the Men’s Rights subreddit had noticed the bold, brave activism of Reddit MRAs.

And then someone pointed out some other things he’s said a couple of days ago.

RDsubdaysilly

NWOslave, is that you?

Actually, I doubt it; NWOslave has an account under his own name there. But great minds do think alike.

Here’s the link to StarFscker’s original comment in context.

hellkell

Yeah, that’s not progress.

How do these guys go around in their day-to-day lives being so wound up over what someone else is wearing?

Shorter titty baby: WAH, hot chicks ignore me.

cloudiah

Hey hi, it’s a new post! I wonder how long we can stay on topic on this one. 😉

I like Xavier Mendel’s response: “Your concerns have been noted.”

On topic? What’s that? 😉

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

I was walking home a few weeks ago, probably later than I should have been, when a guy jogged past me wearing nothing but a pair of shorts. Somehow I managed to resist attacking him, making any rude comments or in any way trying to chat him up or make him uncomfortable. He was a good looking guy as well. Do I get a medal for that?

I was wearing considerably more clothes, but the jogging guy also managed to do the same as me (I am not so good looking just kind of average). Does he get a medal as well?

Yay medals for everyone!

Myoo
Myoo

I would LOVE to be able to go out in public and have a fucking cup of tea and maybe talk to some friends without having a fucking cock-tease constantly parade around things that I can’t have. How would you feel if there was a guy you really liked and he constantly flirted with you only to tell you that he wouldn’t even be seen with you in public?

Hey there False Equivalence, I see you’re with your cousin Women Are Things That Can Be Owned.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

King of Dick Fart Mountain

Don’t be silly. That’s MY title!

Xanthë

Breaking news: the international feminist conspiracy is still refusing to hand out free cookies for the alleged 99% of men who are decent human beings! Smash the matriarchy!

</sarcasm>

cloudiah

StarFscker is really good at analogies:

I do not scratch my balls in public. If I am in public, I try not to draw attention to my genitals. One might ask why not, to which I would explain that I don’t want people to be thinking about my balls when they’re trying to study. Let’s say there is a college-aged woman who is attending a school, and she is studying in the student union. She’s working on CIS homework or something. It would be very distracting if I started playing with myself anywhere near her, no matter how badly my balls itch, I would refrain from scratching, as I understand that it can be very distracting to see someone playing with their balls in public. Even if they don’t watch it, it’s not a pretty sight to see, and therefore, me scratching my balls is RUDE.

The same applies for women, wearing very revealing clothing (I’m not talking “tight pants and a V-neck”, I’m talking “leggings for pants and a see-through shirt with a bra visible underneath”, as is fashionable these days) is rude. It’s a big distraction, I don’t want to see it, they should cover up.

A man scratching his testicles in public is exactly the same as wearing leggings. You heard it here first, folks!

chocomintlipwax

I also like how existing in a state of minimal dress is presented as the exact same thing as a guy flirting with someone and then telling the other person, “HAW HAW, YOU SUCK AND I’D NEVER DATE YOU IN A MILLION YEARS!!”

Because that’s exactly what it’s like when girls dress in skimpy clothes in your vicinity.

Except that it isn’t.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

My bet is if we are talking about rude comments, one percent would be laughably small. And “poking at you” is a rather bizarre way of saying “groping.”

cloudiah

exactly the same as ^ a woman ^ wearing leggings

John-Henry
John-Henry

Why can mras never make a proper analogy, wearing skimpy clothes doesn’t equal constant flirting and strangers not talking to you doesn’t equal saying they wouldn’t be seen with you in public.

hellkell

He really doesn’t get why the two things are nowhere near analogous, does he? I wonder what he thinks appropriate women’s attire is. Somehow I don’t think a burqa would be enough for him.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@cloudiah

I can’t even imagine what he thinks a woman scratching her crotch is equivalent to.

cloudiah

Is it wrong of me that now I want to find out where this dude goes to college and organize whole gangs of conventionally attractive young women to follow him around wearing leggings and tank tops (bra straps visible, natch!) that say “HAW HAW, STARFSCKER, YOU SUCK AND I’D NEVER DATE YOU IN A MILLION YEARS!!”

But I won’t do it because it’s too much like doxxing.

hellkell

Some Gal: he probably thinks women don’t scratch their crotches, fart, or burp. Also, we roll out of bed with perfect makeup and hair (but no hair south of the head).

Cloudiah, you could just organize a day where every woman in the world wears tank tops and leggings. That wouldn’t be doxxing.

cloudiah

You’re right, I should start small. ;-P

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@hellkell

I forgot that I don’t have nerve-endings all over my human body. That was silly of me, but what do you expect with my lady-brain? Teehee.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Oh, King Dick of Fart Mountain!. I misread. My colleague Richard will also hear of this slander.

Hilariously, if you read more you’ll see XavierMendel saying that he’s covering “both sides” of the story. The other side? r/Feminism.

He also seems to think r/MensRights is “dedicated to truth.” Nothing could be further from it.

Also, this.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Sexy clothes on a woman = a man flirting? No, sexy clothes on a woman = sexy clothes on a man.

hellkell

Wait, isn’t r/feminism run by MRA types?

This XavierMendel is not too bright, nor is he the second coming of Bob Woodward as he believes himself to be.

Also, when was the last time anyone thought leggings were sexy?

viola

You know, all the time, when I go out in public, I see attractive men, showing off their rumps in those jeans they wear, wearing shirts just to show off their shoulders. Half the time they’re in snug t-shirts with their forearms not even covered up. And don’t get me started on this fashion for “tucking in” shirts. We all know that’s just a way to display their pretty waists and make sure you can see the bulge in their trousers. It’s downright indecent.

Or it might just be people wearing clothes, and I happen to like the shape of their bodies. That might be what is happening.

Either way, I don’t cat-call, I don’t stare, and I don’t get angry about them not reading my mind, knowing that I find them attractive, and catering to my every whim. Nice as it would be to have my every whim catered to by pretty men, I don’t get worked up about it not happening.

kysokisaen

Where is leggings for pants and a see through shirt fashionable? Even on a college campus I’d see one or the other but rarely both together. And what counts as ‘bra visible’? Do those shelf-bra camisoles count? Is he mad at layering?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ katz

lowquacks seems to like them, iirc? So that makes one person.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ kyokisaen

You’re reminding me of a conversation I had with my mum as a teenager. She stopped me when I was about to go out clubbing, looked me up and down, and said “Legs or cleavage – pick one. Both is overkill”.

Words of wisdom to live by, those.

Tina
Tina

Not too long ago I saw a beautiful young man in the pharmacy. He was wearing a long sleeve thermal shirt under his construction coveralls. I wanted to follow this lovely creature around the store but somehow managed to just stay put, get my prescription and leave without leaving behind a trail of drool. Was he just teasing me by wearing his workclothes? If so, how dare he do that to me! I’m just an innocent woman, a good wife and mother! I was minding my own business, just going about my day! And there he was! Men shouldn’t do that to us poor, helpless against our sex drive females! It’s our biology!

Falconer

The name Starfscker makes me think of Tori Amos. Shock! Alarm! A woman singer/songwriter!

TW for implied incest and prostitution. Also pretty NSFW.

Nothing wrong with liking leggings, of course. But it’s usually not what you’d be concerned about random people finding too sexy.

cloudiah

I live in southern California. When it’s warm here, and even when it’s not, I frequently see men walking around wearing shorts and no t-shirts. Such dangly-bits-teasers!

Of course, I walk up and start poking at them. How could I possibly resist? They’re forcing me to think about them in a sexual way! POKE! POKE! POKE!

kysokisaen

The current trend in Japan is, of course, legs, and I find it incredibly distracting. Not because of all the sexy, sexy leg on display, but because the outfits are so very polished, and the tops so very modest, and the bottoms so very micro, that the end result is a girl in a very well-put-together, elaborately matched and accessorised outfit that looks like she just plumb forgot to put on some pants. Then she bends over or reaches up and you see the shorts and your brain goes ‘Oh, ok then’ and you get on with your day 🙂

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

@Tulgey, well given the MRAs keep saying they know/they’re pointing out the truth, then the collective noun is truthers.

🙂

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

What about the guys who wander around with their pants down around arse-to-mid-thigh and I can see most of their boxer shorts. I’m not staring at them or chasing after them, or even remotely attracted to them. So those guys are whores?

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I wonder what he’d say to my not wearing a bra at all. After all, no bra has to be the opposite of a visible one, right?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

There’s something hilarious about him using “poking” as a substitute for “groping”. It’s just so childish.

Goes perfectly with the rest of his attitude, since that certainly isn’t how people over the age of 12 normally respond to the proximity of people they find sexy. Most of us rather enjoy eye candy even if we know that’s all it’s going to be.

whataboutthemoonz

This shit is starting to depress me.

gelar
gelar

My brother has shades of this attitude that work their way into a conversation, just about every time I go to see him.

cloudiah

When I was in elementary school, there was a boy who used to poke me.

In hindsight, I can see why he found me irresistible, the way I paraded around teasing him.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

@cloudiah, I thought it was milkshakes that brought the boys. Clearly, they replaced lollypops.

Viscaria
Viscaria

People who have sex with me still don’t get to have me! The only person who has me is me! You are a terrible person!

Viscaria
Viscaria

Tiny Cloudiah was so cute!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s not even you they want to have, Viscaria. It’s bits of you, which are apparently free-floating things that shouldn’t be connected to a person (boobs, ass), and you’re a horrible cruel heartless woman for insisting that your various bits and pieces actually are part of a person and not available by the piece to any guy who might find them appealing.

(Seriously, do guys like this know how they sound? I do not think that they do.)

hellkell

cloudiah: how could he resist? That pic is adorable.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I think maybe there is a reason why our new friend StarFscker decided not to compare women wearing clothes he likes and being in his vicinity to men wearing clothes women like and being in those women’s vicinity, and that reason is that he doesn’t think men wearing clothes women like and being in those women’s vicinity seems like a particularly bad thing. In other news, run-on-sentences are the best sentences.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Aww. Little cloudiah is fabulous.

Wait, isn’t r/feminism run by MRA types?

Basically, yeah.

Here’s one thing about that for those in the un-know:

Shiraz
Shiraz

It’s weird, when I see pretty men in tight jeans it just makes me happy. How can I get angry with someone who made me happy for a second or two?

1 2 3 9