alpha males antifeminism beta males chartbusting evo psych fairy tales hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny oppressed men oppressed white men playing the victim racism rape jokes rapey reactionary bullshit rhymes with roosh shit that never happened

Roosh fan: Black and White Unite to Fight … the evil feminist white-male bashers! (Also: a terrible chart.)

I think we can all agree that the REAL problem is all those damn women's libbers
I think we men can all agree that the REAL problem is those damn women’s libbers

So when I was poking around on Roosh’s Return of Kings blog the other day I ran across a guest post from someone calling himself Samseau accusing feminists of using racism to exploit men – that is, of expertly manipulating men of different races to fight one another instead of standing firm against the evil feminists and their evil agenda.

The post, while purporting to be somehow “above” the issue of race, is a muddled mess full of “white men have it worst” nonsense like this:

[R]acial infighting between American men wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the political consequences.

Women, if you haven’t noticed, do not fight with each other over racial conflicts. They might get angry over the past, but they are able to resolve all issues by agreeing on a scapegoat: the white man. Colored women will gladly forgive their white sisters, since, after all, it was the white man who oppressed women and minorities.

White men are the big, bad, evil masters, and as such, all females of different colors can agree to put aside their differences in order to bring the white man down.

Yes, he did indeed use the term “colored women.” Oh, but there’s more.

The election results show that decades of brainwashing young American boys has been an unqualified success. Rather than have boys be loyal to their gender, boys have instead been trained to be loyal to their race.

Little non-white boys at the tender age of 9 years are fed lies about how white male oppressors created their poor living conditions, while white boys are taught that they need to correct the injustices of their forefathers lest they be guilty with the indelible sin of white privilege. Female teachers use the appropriate shaming tactics on these young minds to imprint the intended desire for conflict.

All according to plan.

And more:

Men are pawns in the race game. Thus while American women feed themselves government largesse, jobs, university degrees, their husband’s money, and child support money, American men fight each other over table scraps.

But my favorite thing about this article is the little graph that Mr. Samseau made up to illustrate the REAL issues men face today.

RooshRaceChart

Yep. Race is the least important issue, while “getting laid” is number one.

It’s a pretty revealing little chart, huh?

The comment section for the article – wade into this swamp at your own peril – is (predictably enough) filled with angry racists trying to explain why race really does matter. Others, meanwhile, seem upset that all this racism is getting in the way of the regular woman-bashing. Still others suggest that men of all races needed to understand the “root cause” of all our “multicultural problems.” That being … teh Jews.

My favorite comment of the bunch, though, has to be this, from Caliente, combining an astounding ignorance of history with some half-digested evo psych:

Btw the reason why there are practically no racist women is simple.

Males of mammals are territorial.

They naturally base they identity from bottom up: family,tribe,nation,race.And naturally react negative to males of different “tribe”.

Females at the same time are receptive to have sex with any males as long as they are alpha enough.

In 19 century whites fucked all the black women because they were alpha and they had recourses,just look at Brasil.Nowadays a feminist will be cheating on her white beta herbling with some black fitness coach because that is how her brain assumes alphaness.

Wow.

Glad we got that all settled!

Joanna

If I had a female chart I think my biggest issue is wondering what the fuck is going on with my reproductive system at any given stage.

cloudiah

Oh there are racist women, believe you me.

BTW, only MRAs could say “there are practically no racist women” and mean it as criticism.

Starla
Starla

I’m beginning to get sick of this whole “my personal inadequacies (misogyny, racism, etc.) are everyone’s fault because of my imaginary theories and they are right because equally (if not more) ass-backwards men agree with me and everyone who doesn’t think like me is a doody head” thing. I can’t believe this never gets old to them.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

I love this graph. Fucking love it. And I’m going to copy it, manipulate the image, print it out and laminate it into a little card and give it to my man to keep in his wallet.

That way he’ll always be able to take it out and look at it after a stop-and-frisk/stop-and-annoy incident with the cops and remember that “Getting Laid” is a much bigger problem than “Race” in the 21st century.

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

Nice to know that keeping (all) your money after divorce is slightly more important than keeping your children.

eline
eline

@Nobinayamu

Why, of course race is a minor(ity) issue! White men do not experience issues, ergo the issue does not exist. Unless their opportunities as capable males are hindered by a black man getting the job (naturally, not due to his better skills but because he’s black and thus the employer is forced to hire him; which results in all the best paying jobs being filled by women and men of colour, women of colour being too busy being single mums on foodstamps eating bon bons to apply for jobs), then we have a race issue. The white man being oppressed by minorities.

princesssunnyburn

I just…

Wow. I don’t think I can say anything other than just… wow.

Funnily enough, I didn’t learn about the concept of privilege in any of my schooling between elementary and high school. Teachers were much more likely to go with the “racism is over and a thing of the past except for the few backwards people who still overtly practice it, like in the KKK so as long as everybody is nice to everybody else we can all get along!” I, like a lot of people, thought that racism was something you actively did, rather than a system that you could unconsciously benefit from even if you yourself never did anything overtly racist.

I first had the concept of privilege introduced to me in a college class, by a-GASP!-white male professor.

hellkell
hellkell

That chart is the shittiest thing ever. Fuck these guys. The only time they even notice people of color is to use them for their ends or spew their racism all over the rug.

And seriously, if they think there’s no racist women, I will put them in touch with my ex’s mother. That old bat was EVIL.

eline
eline

I kinda assumed these guys would read Daily Fail, considering the comments section is flooded by them. They have almost on daily basis a story of a woman attacking someone who looks like they might be an immigrant on the public transport, or on the streets. Often accompanied by link to YouTube where someone kindly posted the racist attack in full. Maybe it’s not racism but patriotism?

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Brazil?

Deoridhe

The sheer ignorance of someone thinking there is no racism in feminism astounds me. I mean, you would have to be ignorant of pretty much the entire history of feminism, and racist to boot!

OOOOOOOH…

Yoyo
Yoyo

Why is there such a strong overlap between the game/MRA group and the rascist white supremacist group? The only time I see and disagreement among them is when one tool writes a “I want a foreign chick cos she’ll do what I want” and other dudes pile onto him with ” don’t mix the races man!”.
@nobinayamu, I’m sorry to hear about your man’s experiences, I’m sure the little chart will make him feel so much better.

drst
drst

fed lies about how white male oppressors created their poor living conditions

Yep, it was totally not rich white men that set up the white power dynamic of US society back to the founding, nope, it was the feminists, a movement that didn’t exist in the US until 1848 and that didn’t go by that name until the 20th century. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Jesus wept.

JustACheeto
JustACheeto

I’m becoming increasingly suspicious that MRAs are holding a secret competition to see who can create the chart that makes the most amount of eyes bleed.

Demarcq
Demarcq

There is a lot of silent, implicit racism amongst white feminists despite their vehement claims to the contrary. After all, liberal != tolerant. I have met quite a few women of color, particularly Mexicanas, who view feminist as a rich white girl thing and see themselves as being Chicano first and Women second.

A movement like this can be very divisive among minority groups who have enough to deal with since they are subjected to other -isms besides “sexism”.

Demarcq
Demarcq

White women are exactly 50% responsible for the white power structure as white men. Sorry to burst your bubble, drst. A lot of lynchings of black men, like the notoriously brutal lynching in Rosewood FL, were triggered by a racist white chick falsely accusing a black man of rape. Knowing full well that white men would hunt him down and murder him based on nothing more than her word. 100 years ago, if a white woman consented to sex with a black man that would be construed as rape because of laws stance against interracial marriage. Who would hang? Hint: Not her!

whataboutthemoonz

I did a semester project on the intersection of race and gender, once, but my analysis was (TL;DR version) that masculinity is constructed in American culture in such a way that men of minority ethnicity can’t ever reach ‘full’ manhood.

The implication of that is that minority men should be feminists, but in my youth I assumed that all feminists were up to par on understanding racism and WHOOOOOOPS my bad.

whataboutthemoonz

“A lot of lynchings of black men, like the notoriously brutal lynching in Rosewood FL, were triggered by a racist white chick falsely accusing a black man of rape.”

You know a lot of those cases were consensual sex that racist white dudes decided was rape because BIG SCARY EVIL BLACK MAN, right?

Demarcq
Demarcq

So how did people find out? Particularly if she never got pregnant…….eh? I acknowledged that in my prior post but white women certainly did their part at falsely accusing black men of rape and perpetuating white supremacy. What’s asinine is your attempt to blame it exclusively on white MEN.

howardbann1ster

Right, because it’s totally possible to be responsible for a power structure that you weren’t allowed to vote for or against.

(not to say white women didn’t have a part in the racism… but the power structure? The one they were not allowed to be part of?)

whataboutthemoonz

Your argument is that a racist power structure was established 50% by white women, and 50% by white men, correct?

“White women are exactly 50% responsible for the white power structure as white men.”

We need to establish that women are not feminists. Feminists are not women. There may be an overlap in these two groups but they are not mutually inclusive.

The point drst made was that the racist structures that exist in society are RACIST, and that feminism doesn’t intersect there (the genesis of U.S. society, around roughly 1775?). You replied by suggesting that white women and white men were 50/50 responsible for racism.

This is erroneous because women did not have the kind of legal power to create racism on a foundational level (we don’t talk about founding mothers for a reason). You then cited the lynching of black men after the rape of a white woman as an example of women contributing socially to racism, but that example is flawed in that women being racist isn’t the only thing that leads to such a lynching.

White women can be racist. White feminists can be racist. But the argument you are trying to make to support that conclusion is weak.

howardbann1ster

Dammit, I was just reading an insightful piece on lynching, and how our narratives about it now have very little relation to reality. Was it TNC? I gotta think about this.

Deoridhe

Haa haa haa! I love how, “dude feminism has huge racist issues” plus “but white men really wanted to make sure they ran things” becomes “vehement claims” there aren’t racial issues in feminism. Trolls are funneh, yo.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Nope sorry; this is an absurd oversimplification. Many white women were integral to the abolitionist movement. Read Angela Davis’ book Women, Race & Class. Arguing that white women could and can be racist is not the same as arguing that white women despite relative economic and political disenfranchisement were equally responsible for systematic, government sanctioned racism that was the basis of American slavery and subsequent issues with race and civil rights.

But nice try.

Feminism has always had, and continues to have issues with race and intersectionality.

Unlike the bullshit MRA “movement” most mainstream feminism acknowledges this reality and can discuss it openly if not always satisfactorily.

MRAs make stupid fucking “graphs” about how race isn’t important. And that’s when they’re not using words like “thug” to dismiss men of color entirely.

whataboutthemoonz

As a matter of public record I’m trying to find the journal articles I used for my original research paper. As a student I have access so I can’t guarantee they’re not all behind a paywall but if I find any of the pieces I used I’ll cite them here.

Falconer

I’m not a person of color, but please explain to me how this works out to “Men of color! Listen to this white man! He knows where it’s at!”

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I suppose it is sort of grimly amusing that they think there are no men anywhere who have problems bigger than “getting laid” to worry about.

Fatrelle
Fatrelle

Manboobs is a fat stupid asshole. This fatass shoud post a comment on Return of Kings instead of hiding out here in his treefort. This misandrist sack of lard would be annhilated. There’s no logic here, just “snark”, teh tactic of people with no brains.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

THIS.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

Coincidentally, I just finished reading this article: How Third World Feminism Differs From First World Feminism. Just popping it here if anyone’s interested in it.

leftwingfox

I just looked at the middle of that chart and saw “Not being divorce raped” as one of the higher-level concerns.

Fuck it. It’s now beer o’ clock.

cloudiah

A lot of lynchings of black men … were triggered by a racist white chick falsely accusing a black man of rape.

Not according to the NAACP’s own studies. The ass-data is strong with this one.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

Nice to see Dumbarcq subscribes to Owly’s “the only reason any man has ever been racist is because some bitch made him do it” theory.

I mean, people are aware that some feminists/feminist groups are full of fail when it comes to intersectionality. And that’s why a lot of other feminists – including people in this comment section – do their best to, even if not in a position to influence anyone else, at least educate themselves about issues and be mindful of privilege, wherever it may come from.

Unlike the MRM, who just declare it ‘not a problem’.

cloudiah

QFT.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I suppose the men who are happily partnered, get laid (gods that’s a pathetic term), but have, say, health issues, or their loved ones do, or are out of work, or trying to pay for an education, or pay a mortgage/rent, or deal with (gasp) racism … don’t exist.

And that’s just men who’re reasonably secure citizens of somewhere like the US, Australia, the UK and so on and on. What about men whose biggest problem is just trying to stay alive? Men who’re in crappy boats with their whole families, trying to escape war or persecution and facing imprisonment as criminals when they get to so-called asylum? What about the men still in war zones? What about men who are in minorities in places where that’s likely to get you killed, or political prisoners, or simply those struggling in a subsistence economy?

emmittnervend
emmittnervend

“I have met quite a few women of color, particularly Mexicanas, who view feminist as a rich white girl thing and see themselves as being Chicano first and Women second.”

A woman who identifies with the political leanings of the Chicano movement would technically identify as a Chicana (the a is important) and that itself is a label that encompasses a variety of aspects. Not to simplify it as the ‘Mexican-American version of feminism’, someone who identifies as a Chicana would probably be aware of the shit she faces both from being Chicana and a woman. You can think of it along the same lines as Womanism, if you want. It’s not a dismissal of feminism as a whole, it’s a dismissal of feminism that privileges the experiences of white upper class American women.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Not according to the NAACP’s own studies. The ass-data is strong with this one.

Most lynchings were a form of economic and political terrorism. The Klan came for my great-grandfather twice. Both times it was because he’d managed to game the system and get himself and his brother out of the de facto slavery that was Alabama share-cropping. They wanted his land, and they wanted to make an example of him.

kevtomes

I might regret this but what is being “Divorce Raped”?

Falconer

Let alone the whole MY EXPERIENCE IS THE TRUE EXPERIENCE which everytroll seems to have.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Did they believe in educational, economic and political opportunity for Chicana’s? Or did they think that the world would be a better place when sentient sexbots were the norm and human women had learned their place?

Not using the words “feminist” and “feminism” doesn’t necessarily mean that women who belong to an ethnic minority don’t ascribe to many of the same core beliefs and principles. See “womanism”.

whataboutthemoonz

“Yeah, nothing in the world is as important as hopelessly inadequate, obnoxious, racist, sexist white creeps’ inability to get laid.”

The best part is that their perspective on the world is so screwed that they have NO PROBLEM whatsoever declaring this publicly all over the internet.

eline
eline
Reply to  Demarcq

@Demarcq

Yep, there indeed is a lot of racism among white feminists. And guess what? A lot of white women and women of colour feminists are actively combating this racism, and have already made remarkable progress since the 70’s when feminism was mostly a thing of white, well-off women. And guess what? We’re combating the racism with the tools of feminism (and civil rights in general) itself; the same tools that were used to identify, name and change the problems women have faced and still face have been and still are being used to combat racism among some feminists. All people are prone to racism, no cause is 100% clean of it because all causes are made up of people. But some causes (the better ones) identify it and call it what it is. That’s the only way to eradicate racism. And that’s why MRM will never truly succeed in uniting men of all colours; you are, by definition, incapable of looking for and finding faults in yourselves. You even blame your OWN racism on women! That’s not how it works.

cloudiah

Exactly the NAACP’s conclusions from scouring local newspaper reports from all over the country. I am glad your great-grandfather survived that; those were indeed scary times, especially in the South.

Anyone who is interested in learning more based on, you know, facts, I can recommend two books:
The warmth of other suns by Isabel Wilkerson
Red summer by Cameron McWhirter

Get them from your local library! This has been a PSA sponsored by Should I go the fuck to the Library?

Kakanian
Kakanian

Don’t you… get sick of this shit sometimes? It’s basically like UFOlogy or Anicent Spacemen Theories – it’s stuff written by people who thrive on being completely disconnected from other people’s reality.

Like that guy you quoted for this article – he obviously did not even bother to read something like… a blog run by black feminists?!

Viscaria
Viscaria

This is one of the most extraordinary things I’ve ever read. You can pretty much reduce it to:

Stop objecting to racism, black men! For one thing, racism is obviously great. For another, you’re too busy objecting to your own oppression to oppress women as much as you should. Finally, you’re forcing white dudes to be reactionarily racist to you during their designated “be reactionarily sexist to feminists” time. You suck!

cloudiah

Ta-Nehisi Coates just read the Wilkerson book, and he recommends it too.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Oh my goodness, I would love to see some racist white feminist get into trouble over race and then try to deflect it by blaming white men for everything. Yeah, that would work.

The more I think about it, the more Demarcq’s “exactly 50%” claim makes sense. For instance, I only just now noticed that exactly 50% of voters, landowners, slave owners, and congresscritters during the time of slavery in the US were white women. And remember how a woman used to literally give up all her property to her husband upon marriage? Never happened! All of which goes to show that white women had exactly 50% of the power, and thus exactly 50% responsibility for the white supremacist structure in the US.

kiki
kiki

There is a lot of silent, implicit racism amongst white feminists

“In fact, it’s so silent and implicit that I can’t provide any examples of it!”

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

No wonder those MRA guys want government-supplied girlfriends, driving-while-not-getting-laid is a Serious Issue.

I have a mental issue of the assfacts being removed like the endless scarf trick that some magicians perform. Apparently that trick is really amusing to infants: http://engagingtoddleractivities.wordpress.com/2008/11/11/endless-scarf/

1 2 3 19