a woman is always to blame creepy evil single moms evil women lazy women eating bon bons men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA only men pay taxes apparently rape the spearhead whores

Spearheader: Put single moms in whorehouses so they can “pay their debts to society.”

Evil single mom neglecting her kids
Evil single mom neglecting her kids

I haven’t been keeping up with The Spearhead of late, but a commenter here drew my attention to the sort of timeless wisdom I’ve been missing from the Spearhead gang.

In this comment, DW3 offered his thoughts on how to combat the evils of single motherhood. The solution involves putting single moms in workhouses. To be more specific, in sex-workhouses — that is, whorehouses.

I think there should be whorehouses for single mothers to work at, to pay their debts to society. Such a system would kill several birds with one stone.

There would be safe and legal access to prostitution, presumably reducing the drugs and violence associated with the way the trade is currently practiced.

It would allow single mothers to learn the value of getting up and getting to work on time, so that they might aspire to a different career.

It would assist traditional families in steering their daughters and nieces and sisters in a different direction, with a very visible and well-known consequence to ignoring the families’ advice.

It would allow single mothers to give back for all the resources they consume, and ideally it could replace child support on some sort of sliding scale of pay for the workers. Perhaps starting at $50 paid per client, less $20 per child more than 1. That way, a single mother with 3 kids could still get $10, and more than that would be inclined to try to hide off the grid the way divorced and separated fathers now have to.

I have my own opinions about whether choice single mothers cause more harm than divorcees, but for this proposal I suppose that they should be treated differently. Divorced women would surrender their children to the father and have to pay half their whorehouse earnings to support the family, however they would get the full $50 regardless of the number of kids.

Perhaps the whorehouses could charge $80 for providing their services, with a modest 20% discount for married men who proved they had a family to support.

DW3 prefaced this comment with a line in which he notes that this idea might be a bit much even for the regular denizens of The Spearhead. But no one actually took issue with his proposals. Indeed, Lyn87 (a Spearhead regular I’ve written about before) noted that he’d had similar thoughts on the matter himself.

Since men are responsible to pay for the children that women they have sex with choose to bear (that is the stark legal reality – every child that is born is born due to the SOLE choice of the mother), then it stands to reason that:

Money paid to support a child = the obligation a man incurs by having sex with the mother.

Since having sex is enough to legally entitle a woman to a man’s money if a pregnancy ensues and she elects to give birth, shouldn’t taking a man’s money legally entitle him to have sex with the mother if he has not already done so?

Fair is fair, right?

My Modest Proposal: a single-mother-by-choice who takes public assistance should be required by law (as men’s financial obligations are), to have sex with any man who can produce a 1040 showing that he paid taxes in the past 12 months (at least once for each child).

The Spearhead: As reliably awful as stomach flu.

thenatfantastic

@Kiwi girl, I was just thinking the same thing. Surely mass-brothel warehouses to pay off imaginary debts is the ultimate make-work?

thenatfantastic

Oh, and (Sic) male, the reason that RadFemHub use password-protected stuff is because a) they’re aware, as is every other fucker in the world who knows about them, that they represent a miniscule subset of thought, unlike The Spearhead, which treats itself as Teh Bringer of Truthy Truths Which Everyone Should Listen To and is one of the biggest MRA websites*. b) Even people who you and I don’t like should be free to make their own conversation without people jumping in to put forth their own pet topics every two minutes** and c) not everything on the internet has to be open and without privacy restrictions, silly.

(*Which is why people call it ‘the abusers’ lobby’. **You could learn something from this, you rude little fuck.)

Serjeant Grumbles
Serjeant Grumbles

De-lurking here. I think this proves my ideas about prostitution; it’s not about sex. It’s about control. No man goes to a prostitute for the sex, they go because they like owning someone for an hour.

That’s just blatantly false. Only fools deal in absolutes.

eline
eline

@Arctic Ape

I think with the current budget Finland could afford to train a smaller well-paid and very well-motivated army instead of dragging half the population in as unwilling recruits to do minimum service at minimum required levels. It’s not Winter War anymore, any future combat will not be won by with insurgent tactics and crawling in the snowy forests.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Only fools deal in absolutes.

Quoth the man who not long ago was saying that sex had to be “perfect” or it was terrible and gross and awful …

eline
eline

Oh yeah, I noticed the MRAs forgot gay men in their proposal. So for the sake of equality pergals we should add that any man who has [some reason that is difficult to evade for men] is required to pay his debts by servicing men who want to have sex with men, regardless of their own sexual orientation. I mean, it’s just sex work right? Wake up in the morning and go to work. Shut up with the whining and work! How’s that for a modest proposal?

I wonder, btw, when these guys say “modest proposal” do they understand the connotations? Is there anyone who does not think of Swift and thus read it as “a completely insane and unreasonable proposal” instead? Does anyone seriously use the phrase when seriously proposing anything? It’s of course fitting the guy on Spearhead uses it…

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Well, given Swift was indulging in the darkest of satire when he wrote it, these fools wouldn’t get it anyway.

Dvärghundspossen

A modest counter-proposal:

1. Man produces 1040.
2. Woman calculates amount he has paid toward her single parenthood, which equals his income taxes paid times percentage of total income tax revenue committed to social services times percentage that her use of any of those said social services actually represents in the budget of the agency responsible for providing those services.
3. Woman then provides man with sexual services equal in fair market value to the amount calculated in step 2.

The amount of income tax any one individual would have to pay to make step 3 come out to equal the actual fair market value of any currently-performed-for-money sexual service is astronomical. A median income-earner would wind up with some infintestimal fraction of a cent in Step 3, at which point he hasn’t even earned the chance to have her gaze fall upon him as she scans a crowded room. Since she’s already put in the effort to do his math for him (a FMV-traded sexual service? I bet you could find it on the Internet!), he arguably owes her money at this point.

This should go in the Manboobz hall of fame!

eline
eline

@Kitteh

You’re right. I overestimated their level of competence.

Though my annoyance at them disregarding lesbian “single” mothers (overestimated, again) and their dick-centered view of sex (work!) that I tried to hint between the lines with the gay example got me thinking of the homophobia of MRAs and their ilk. Especially the oversexualisation of gay men, the thinking that all gay men are after hetero arse all the time (OHMYGODTEHGAYZARELOOKINGATMYBUTTIMTURNINGGAYOHMYGODOHMYGOD)… It’s projection. They themselves are after pussy all the time and objectify women, so they think if a man likes men he must objectify men the same way. And they realise how very uncomfortable this thought makes them, that they would be objectified the same way they objectify women. They know it’s wrong, that they are doing something so horrible that they would never want to be subjected to it themselves. And that is how we get the intense fear of gays, because it turns these men into “women” in their own minds.

Someone probably thought of this before, but hey, it’s morning and I’m still in the process of intaking my caffeine.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Eline – “They know it’s wrong, that they are doing something so horrible that they would never want to be subjected to it themselves.”

I wonder. I don’t see many of these MRAs having anything like that sort of awareness, even subconsciously. I read them as being completely immersed in their contempt of women and hate/fear of anything seen as feminine. It seems to me they see women as so utterly inferior, fit for nothing but being fucked (raped, really) that the slightest hint of being feminised, or seeing other men they label as feminine, is the most demeaning thing they can think of. I don’t think they have any glimmerings of knowledge or conscience that what they are doing is totally wrong and hurting other human beings.

I know it’s not an absolute thing, that one can unlearn this mindset – we’ve regulars who are doing that very thing – but for the most extreme of these men … no.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

I can’t tell if Diogenes was making an obvious comparison to Swift, or suggesting another “solution” to single mothers…

*hands coffee over to eline* here, clearly I just need sleep, not more coffee

Kitteh, I’m looking at -20°C when I have to leave for my food stamp hearing, please send warm weather!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You know what just jumped out at me? The guy’s comment about how his plan would “provide safe and legal access to prostitution”. It seems like he sees his force-single-moms-into-prostitution plan as a replacement for the system we have now. The thing is, the system we have now has some women working as sex workers who actually WANT to be doing those jobs, and who’re OK with what they do. He wants to replace them with women who’re being forced into those jobs as a punishment for having had kids.

It’s been said before, but…these guys don’t want to have sex with willing women. They want victims.

eline
eline

Argh WordPress ate my long post. I should learn to use notepad always when posting longer things, especially when using the phone… back to writing. In the meantime, here’s a rebuttal of that Finnish MRA sociologist’s book, although in Finnish (so it’s mainly for the Finns here but others might try google translate or such if curious). There may be a translation, I will in fact look for it. It’s a pretty good text, so might even do the translation myself if all else fails! Laasanen basically argued (in his master’s thesis nonetheless! he’s the Tom Martin of Finland) the most common MRA points and blamed everything on “women’s sexual power over men”. In short, because the women he wants to stick his penis in don’t want it and that means the evil ladies have unfair power over men, clearly.

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

Argenti, Swift was a minister, so I doubt he would write anything he didn’t literally mean.

Tina
Tina

I didn’t want to believe. Now I do. MRM is nothing but a hate group.

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

Diogenes, that is literally the dumbest statement I’ve heard from you yet.

AAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAAA…

HAAAAAAA…

AHAHAHHAHHHHHHAHHHAHA…

*breathes*

How’s that ‘not researching anything’ going for you Dingleberry?

kiki
kiki

Only fools deal in absolutes.

Really? Are you absolutely sure about that?

I don’t know if it’s ever a good idea to cite Star Wars in a serious discussion, but it’s doubly hilarious that people are so keen on that stupid and obviously self-contradictory quote.

kiki
kiki

(Oh, and changing ‘a Sith’ for ‘fools’ doesn’t make it any less stupid.)

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

pillow

I have to apologize. There isn’t an ironic font.

thenatfantastic

That is not the definition of irony.

Tina
Tina

OT: found this, found this interesting, if it will come thru, yes too many commas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O60atA59xgE

This isn’t feminism as I was taught it. This is old school crap.

thenatfantastic

Sorry, I only got about 30 seconds into that when she did that whole ‘if you’re offended by stuff, just leave’ thing, which always precedes someone being a nasty, bigoted little shite. So I stopped, because yawn.

But as per her suggestion, here’s some old-school Sesame Street which is infinitely preferable to sitting through someone prattling on to appease men:

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

I don’t know why I keep coming back to this particular piece of repugnance -since the whole thing is so fucking gross- but, seriously, divorced women have to go to the sex-slave concentration camp too? What if their husband initiated the divorce? What if they initiated the divorce but it was because of infidelity, or abuse, or addiction?

…and ideally it could replace child support on some sort of sliding scale of pay for the workers.

So… women who have children are solely responsible for the economic support of said children because, why exactly? Men never want to have children, never initiate unprotected sex, and never tell women that they’re in relationships with that an accidental pregnancy will be “okay”?

You know, there’s no way for the advocacy of state-sanctioned rape as punishment for childbearing to be anything but completely repulsive… And yet, the only way that any of this makes sense is if you truly believe that: 1) all/most single mothers are on direct public assistance and 2) deliberately got pregnant by men with whom they were barely romantically involved in order to live a luxurious work-free existence from a combination of child-support and public assistance.

At which point your connection to reality is so tenuous, and your experience with relationships and sex so lacking, that I guess it stands to reason that you end up proposing government enforced sexual slavery on single moms. Why not?

Historophilia
Historophilia

Oh my god Diogenes Swift was a famous satirist. Have you actually any idea what the contents of his famous “Modest Proposal” was?

Here is somewhere that you can download it for free, please educate yourself;

It was actually a satire on English policy towards the Irish and the general attitudes towards the poor at the time.

howardbann1ster

….actually, that was the first time I actually laughed at a Diogenes joke.

First time ever.

I’d say something corny like ‘there’s hope for you yet,’ but there pretty much isn’t.

But I did laugh, so pat yourself on the back.

By the way, what the hell? Why would you refer to this as ‘A Modest Proposal’ and then propose it in all seriousness?

No, I mean really. Usually if you’re making A Modest Proposal you at least TRY to put it over the top enough to show your command of satire. (though if you have to name-drop Swift you’re probably not doing so very good at it)

Why would you call this your Modest Proposal as the guy quoted back in the OP does… and then make it seriously?

It hurts my head.

Starla
Starla

Wait…..”safe and legal access to prostitution”…..”safe”……”safe”…..so single moms are immune to STDs now? Not to mention this guy seems to carry the Todd Akin viewpoint that women can “will” themselves to not get pregnant again. For people who constantly scream and whine about sex they sure don’t know much about it.

hellkell
hellkell

Wow, Diogenes and Grumbles prove yet again that being so painfully literal and obtuse should hurt.

blitzgal

I’m sure this has already been covered, but his plan would only result in yet even more children born to “single mothers.” Although perhaps that’s the evil genius of this asshole — just like indentured servants, these women will never be able to pay their debt and will then be trapped where they are and unable to leave.

And yeah, these guys keep claiming they don’t hate women. Try again.

isabeleve
isabeleve

I was wondering this too! A Modest Proposal doesn’t work if you believe Swift actually supports eating babies, yet this repulsive “proposal” is apparently seen as perfectly rational and doable by its creator.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Does the person behind the OP piece take their ideas seriously? I dunno,…it’s wishful thinking, sure. Fantasy? Uh-huh. There’s nothing left for these trogs to do but post hateful little screeds online.
The world is passing them by, and they’re pissed-off because they were born after the ’50s…or maybe they’re mad that they did not have the good fortune of being born cro-magnon.
MRAs’ weird demonization of single mothers reminds me of one of the Republican party’s favorite boogey-men — The Welfare Mom. Both groups are moldy, and refusing to evolve.

thenatfantastic

I still don’t understand how, if as soon as a woman becomes a single mother she’s given a job (yes in a brothel but let’s gloss over that to examine the finerstupider points of the theory), how she’s incurred a ‘debt to society’ to repay. I mean, she has a job. She’s, in theory, not claiming benefits. So where’s the debt coming from? It’s like a vortex of nonsensical suppositions.

Creative Writing Student

@thenatfantastic

I think these guys think all non-whitestraightcismen have a ‘debt to society’ by existing as independent, autonomous entities and wishing to be treated as such.

Falconer

LOL now I have an image of drop-bears in fatigues being parachuted onto the enemy …

Well, these guys don’t have fatigues, but it’s a good proof-of-concept….

Falconer

Okay, I admit I took Diogenes at face value on the “Swift was a minister” line.

I think it’s pretty well established that, while there’s no sarcasm, sorry, “irony” font, it’s acceptable practice here to say “/sarcasm” or something like that.

I suppose it’s the core of Poe’s Law, that anything that’s not sarcastic on its face and doesn’t have some kind of indication that it’s sarcasm is likely to get taken for granted.

So now you know, Diorrhea, and you no longer have an excuse. Tag your sarcasm or get taken seriously.

drst
drst

@Falconer – I honestly don’t think that was either sarcasm or irony. I think it was just Dio being an idiot.

Monster

I thought all single mothers always were either banging ‘thugs’ or trying to steal the hard-earned wages of teh menz. Children are just things that come out of dirty, dirty sexin’ wimmins.

The only reason a woman would ever initiate a divorce is to get some free money from some sap who isn’t alpha enough for her so she can go bang some more ‘thugs’.

Obviously, if a man divorces a woman it is because she has done something wrong like getting older or asking him to do things.

All these things result in less sex for the affected upstanding, nice, decent, white, hard working sensible and rational men. The debt to society is all the sex these decent men aren’t getting. That’s what is being repaid. Sex debt. Cause women owe men sex just for being allowed to exist right? Right?

Thinking like an MRA is…interesting. Ugh.

eline
eline

@howardbann1ster

Yup, that’s what I thought. This guy either has worse knowledge of history, literature and western culture than I could imagine, or he does not understand the connotations. Or maybe he does not understand satire in general. Either way it doesn’t speak well of him. If he was not of western background I could perhaps understand the ignorance of culture-specific things such as A Modest Proposal, which might not be as relevant as local satirical pieces as it is in anglosphere and anglosphere-influenced countries, but he certainly speaks like he is and should have heard of this in school at the very least. Not to mention it’s use as a satirical trope in popular and higher culture both…
But I’m glad I’m not the only one who went WTF at this.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Actually it was an “ironic” font, just for extra “wow you are a fucking imbecile” lulz.

princesssunnyburn

This is so gross in so many ways. So not only do these assholes thing single mothers should be forced into prostitution, they actually think they should get LESS money the more children they have. Way to go guys, you’re supporting sex slavery and starving children.

Oh, and it’s totally cool for married men to cheat on their wives with sex slaves, though I bet I can guess what their reaction would be to a married woman sleeping with another man, prostitute or not.

I just… do they LISTEN to themselves? Like at all?

I feel like I need a shower.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

I think the reason they constantly scream and whine about sex is because they don’t know much about it.

drst
drst

Clearly not much in the way of reality-based knowledge, definitely.

Of course, I don’t know much about hockey, but you don’t see me going on about it and waving my ignorance to the entire internet.

Demarcq
Demarcq

Are you just one of those fans who takes everything about whatever they’re a fan of so ridiculously seriously, no one’s allowed to laugh or have fun with it?

Lovecraft’s stories are intentionally humorless. What he wanted more than anything was for his writings to be taken seriously. But hey, it’s the internets, dowhatchalike.

howardbann1ster

Lovecraft’s stories are intentionally humorless.

Sadly, we can’t say the same for your posts.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

.@falconer re: drop bears – perfect! 😀

Creative Writing Student

@Demarcq

Ever heard of ‘Death of the Author’ theory?

Falconer

So, like … Comic Sans?

Falconer

Oh, we take Lovecraft seriously. Very <a href=http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=SJG9405seriously indeed.

Falconer

Frak you, HTML!

seriously

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

I found this article last night while surfing the NZ Stuff website (they have links to a parenting site): http://www.essentialmums.co.nz/pregnancy/conception/8218913/Ob-gyns-sound-alarm-on-contraceptive-sabotage

MMMmmmm hmmm so it’s always females who try to trick their partner into a pregnancy.

Can we offer to do the bureaucracy (permits, health and safety, etc) and building for the MRA land so we can get them there faster?