kitties off topic

Head-clearing Weekend

Sometimes I just can’t bring myself to look at MRA bullshit. I’ll be back tomorrow. In the meantime, kittens.

Demarcq
Demarcq

Before decided to post here I lurked on this blog a while…………….And I couldn’t help but notice that the troll that you people are the most fond of, or at least tolerate, are the stupid ones whose weaknesses are obvious and whose logic is easily reduced to shambles. The more intelligent trolls get banned when butthurt regs e-mail Mr manboobz himself and request they be denied posting privileges because they make people rale mad. tsk! tsk!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Except “intelligent troll” is an oxymoron, as you’re busy demonstrating.

BTW an ellipsis is three dots (or in some usages four, depending on placement), not a dozen-odd. It’s a discrete punctuation mark, not a “fill in as many dots as you want to indicate length of pause” thing.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Hey, don’t punish the nice man with your misandric grammar.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::evil misandric laughter::

He’s lucky I’m not the Grammar Centurion.

I feel like Grammar Centurion should be a meme.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Re: ellipses: 3 in a sentence (or is it paragraph?) and 4 between them?

Welcome back Pecunium!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I feel like whenever a feminist comments on an MRA blog it’s the grammar equivalent of the scene where The Bride slaughters all 88 of the guys attacking her in Kill Bill.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Argenti – I think that’s the US way, yes – three in mid-sentence and four (three plus period) ending a sentence. I’m not sure if the fourth is used in UK/Aus etc English; anyone else know?

hellkell
hellkell

I wonder which returning dipshit Demarq is. He stinks of old socks.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I’m thinking Mr Al. He’s gone a bit Steelo with his “tsk tsk” stuff.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

The tell is “tsk tsk”. Not many trolls use it, and hmm, who would be upset right now about the regulars telling him to fuck off/emailing David about him?

M Dubz
M Dubz

Oooh guys, I think I’ve figured out why all MRAs suck so much at the grammar! It’s because their rotten feminist primary school teachers ™ were so busy doing “make-work” (see other thread) that they couldn’t be bothered to teach them the basics of how English work! But they only screwed over the boys! Because misandry!

LBT
LBT

Abnoy would. But… demarcq is actually more boring.

And that is a sad thing.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“And who would proclaim that smart, eloquent, logically irrefutable people get banned?”

Steele

I just generally meant “someone who got banned.” So all of the above.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

My vote’s with Abnoy, or possibly Diogenes. Though it would be hilarious if all of our trolls who share the same fixations turned out to be the same person.

pecunium

The more intelligent trolls get banned

Which trolls would that be?

Our, ban list is pretty short.

Eoghan (for sockpuppetry), the long runners were Brandon, Al (in both his major incarnations). Samuel (creepy). Toy Soldier (lying) Pell (and I defy you to say it’s because he was logically superior). Marc (rape advocacy). Tom Martin (rape advocacy), Stam/Gov’t Girlfriends (sockpuppetry).

But please tell us who was banned, while kicking logical ass.

cloudiah

Pell? Was he the intelligent one? HA HA HA HA HA HA… [splutters into huge coughing fit because I’m still sick] Please don’t make me laugh that hard again tonight, my lungs can’t take it yet.

cloudiah

Oh, ninja’d. Ninja’d so hard.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@Pecunium did you happen to catch a glimpse of the Tardis ballgown this weekend? Probably my favorite hall costume of the con.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Tardis ballgown? Wow!

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

I’m not so great at embedding photos, but here’s a link:comment image

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I just found out the other day we can’t embed pics here anyway, so no prob. And that dress is WAY cool. D’you know if ze made it?

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

OH MY GOD THAT IS THE MOST INCREDIBLE THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.

*hyperventilates*

I was excited enough about the sonic screwdriver pen I got with the Doctor Who magazine this week.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Abnoy says “tsk, tsk” and also abuses semicolons.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::hands nat a paper bag to breathe from::

Hmm, better keep another bag on hand for when Argenti sees that dress! 😛

pecunium

Kitteh’s. She remade a prom-dress into it. It was gorgeous.

I also made a joke about one of the winners (we were watching on Arisia TV). “Can’t sleep, clowns will bring me presents.”

When I bumped into him (out of costume), praised the dressing gown he was in; and then saw the awards, I asked what he’d done, he told me, I told him the comment, and he said, “Oh, that was you!”. So he’d heard it, and was amused.

I worked my ass off. I might be speaking at Fog Con in Walnut Creek in March, for those who are in the bay area.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Way to give a prom dress a new and improved life!

clairedammit
clairedammit

That dress is amazing.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

That dress! The inside of the TARDIS looks to be hand painted too, the dress itself I might be able to pull off, but that? Not a chance!

Holy shit that’s amazing! *takes kitteh’s spare paper bag*

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Did you look at the blown-up pic? I love her POLICE BOX choker and key pendant! And yes, the painting on that dress … holy shit!

pecunium

She took best workmanship, and best comic presentation, in the journeyman class (I think that was the class). The Arisia website has the entire listing, and you can see the other costumes.