antifeminism evil women I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men playing the victim reddit sexy robot ladies

Men’s Rights Redditors Weigh in on Sexbots, Railroad Monopolies, and Why Women Are Terrible

You could always make your own.
You could always make your own.

Oh dear. Our friends the Men’s Rights Redditors have discovered Mr.Ian Ironwood’s little treatise on sexbots. While some are a bit skeptical about the reality of the (non-existent) Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act — more skeptical, anyway, than Ironwood or Vox Day before him — this doesn’t stop the regulars from offering all sorts of distressing and/or hilarious opinions on the subject.

For example, OuiCrudites suggests that women have made sexbots inevitable by generally being such a pain in the ass, and MaunaLoona compares female sexuality to the railroad monopolies of the 19th century:

Mrsexbot1

In a later comment, OuiC elaborates on his “most women are shitty” thesis:

mrsexbot2

MaunaLoona, meanwhile, agrees with Ironwood that developing the AI for sexbots won’t be a big challenge, because the average American woman is dumb and has a terrible personality.

mrsexbot3

A Canadian Redditor steps in to point out that the alleged “legislation” isn’t real. Oh, and to suggest that many “females” can’t think rationally.

mrsexbots4

Geigerwasright concludes that men will find sexbots preferable to women because the women of today aren’t providing them with “love, loyalty [or] kindness.”

mrsexbot5

So watch out, ladies! Unless you clean up your act, and quick, the good men of the Men’s Rights subreddit will abandon you en masse in favor of sex with inanimate objects that pretend to like them.

And this is apparently supposed to be a bad thing for women.

Clauderoughly postulates that sexbots for women will never be that popular, because what women really want is to get pregnant, so they can live the good life off of child support:

mrsexbot6

That’s a bit weird, as all the women I’ve had sex with have seemed quite interested not getting pregnant from sex. Indeed, some have had devices inserted into their bodies by doctors to prevent such an occurence.

The world that MRAs live in is a strange and scary place. I prefer the real world. It’s much cheerier.

NOTE: The horrible picture at the top of this post was borrowed from Craftastrophe.

cloudiah

See, what we need here is a pipeline. A pipeline of women. Then we can transport them cheaply all over the country, bringing the average cost of women down so that men can afford them.

Economics!

inurashii
inurashii

a pipeline?? then what am I gonna do with all these binders???

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Why do women refuse to see themselves as consumer goods? Bitches.

viola

not even wrong…

though OuiCrudites makes much more sense if you substitute “my ex” for “some (not all) women”. Then it’s obvious that he’s saying “She didn’t like that I expected her to change to suit me, and she acted like she was a person with a right to have preferences and a past. And then when I fucked up she told me so and that made me feel bad and it’s not fair!”

blitzgal

I would be in favor of the decriminalization of prostitution if it served to protect women and children who are being abused and exploited by pimps and criminals — but for some reason I think MaunaLoona doesn’t give a shit about 14 year old runaways being forced into prostitution.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

I’m laughing at the thought of accents screwing with the AI of the sex robots. Isn’t voice recognition software for computers still only around 80% accurate?

“What would you like to do”
“Oral sex”
“Sorry, aural text is not an option. Please choose from the following menu…”

LOL

blitzgal

Also, I love that David kindly corrected “giegerwasright’s” name for him.

cloudiah

The women will fit in the pipeline better if you take them out of the binders. You can put them back in binders to store them in warehouses until their sold.

This guy has really given this some thought:

I prefer the rather lengthy term “sexually enabled personal assistant” or “sexually enabled housekeeper automaton”.

In order to really succeed commercially these machines are going to have to be capable of a number of things. Firstly, they’re going to have to be fully bipedal and capable of navigating human environments with the ease of any human. Second they’re going to need to be capable of performing routine household assistance tasks and interact with a human environment without causing damage. Thirdly, they’re going to have to be self maintaining in the same sense that roomba is self charging, and for sexually enabled models that means being able to clean themselves after use.

Those are the major barriers I see to be overcome. The capacities will be necessary to drive down costs, because sexually-disabled models can be used as elderly assistance systems. The mass production of androids to assist old people (a serious potential market in Japan) will lower the cost of manufacturing for androids in general.

Didn’t CassandraSays make that point yesterday?

Carleyblue
Carleyblue

Kind of off topic: I don’t get the point of people saying things like ‘In a sane world [such and such would be true]’, or ‘if only they didn’t all act that way, then everything would be fine’.

No, this is the world you got. Deal with it and stop making excuses. If you can’t find anyone to get along with, then ,maybe, just maybe, it’s you that’s the problem.

(note: I’m not saying people shouldn’t try to change these, fight for their rights, etc. It’s just this particular phrasing gets on my nerves).

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

And being hardware and software, the sex robot is going to come with a 36-page densely typed EULA that no MRA is going to read, but they will have to agree with before the sex robot activates.

Eventually, they will need to deal with customer service because something has gone wrong with the sex robot and they think everything problematic will be covered by the warranty

“I need you to fix my sex robot.”
“Hello sir, can you let me know the problem.”
“I switch it on and it doesn’t work.”
“Have you used the device in any wet area, like a bathroom, without inserting the optional ‘wet area cover for electronics’?”
“Errrr… yes…”
“Sorry sir, on p. 1192 on the end user license agreement, section 493, subsection 49, you will find that use in a wet area without the cover voids the warranty.”
[user hangs up]

cloudiah

^ they’re ^

Oops.

themisanthropicmuse

If they do create robots that can do it all in the distant future (if I somehow am still around to see it), I hope they do male ones first just to see the manosphere reaction. Honestly, I don’t know if they would be pissed that women and gay guys got to have sexy times with robots instead of them or panicked that ebil females are out to replace all the menz. Either way, it would be hilarious.

Karalora
Karalora

OuiCrudites is a real gem, isn’t he?

“Women could be SO MUCH MORE to men than sex toys! They could be decorative objects! Unpaid housekeepers! Combination broodmare/nannies (also unpaid)! And the damn bitches JUST WON’T DO IT!!!”

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Amusing how you occasionally get ideas that also turn up in feminism turning up over there…

Society puts women on pedestals

Yes, MRAs, that’s right! And also throws them in the sewer if it notices they don’t match up to the idealised view, which… oh dear. You haven’t quite spotted that part yet, have you?

LBT
LBT

AAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAH! Oh sweet motherfuck Jesus pogo stick AAAAAAAH!

*goes to actually READ the post, instead of just look at the picture*

Creative Writing Student

OK, so, for me, to get sex, they’d have to be kind, caring, good friends, respect my boundaries, provided intelligent and humourous conversation, be willing to please me during sex, and I have to be attracted to them. Of course, I will endeavour to provide the same.

Is this really too hard??? Because most of the people I know, regardless of gender, can do them…

Creative Writing Student

@LBT

I think a skateboard forms the head and body…

clairedammit
clairedammit

How much do you want to bet that the guy who thinks we all want babies all the time also complained about “sluts wanting the government to pay for their birth control” before the last US election?

Fatman
Fatman

If a robot could be built that could walk, talk, and handle the fine manipulation required to be a functioning sexbot, why would businesses not purchase these robots without the sex functions to do all sorts of low skilled jobs currently being handled by humans? I imagine in a world with robots that could do all of the things that these imaginary sexbots could do there would be an unemployment crisis that would dwarf the economic upheaval of the early industrial revolution.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

I wish our society was set up in a way that meant “Robots doing all the menial jobs!” meant “Yay, post-scarcity economy!” not “Oh no, everyone is unemployed!”

LBT
LBT

RE: Kiwi Girl

Quite right, about the old language software. My husband had a pronounced regional accent, and because of it, he managed to make some quick money doing voice stuff for a test program. Nothing much, but they DESPERATELY needed more test subjects, and his accent is unusual for the region.

Plus, I remember the old story about a language software program that was given to cops in Georgia. Unfortunately, it wasn’t made for Georgian accents, and failed miserably.

Fatman
Fatman

I agree MorkaisChosen, unfortunately it is not.

drst
drst

If ever there was an argument to never diet again, it’s the guarantee of never having to go on a date, much less accidentally sleep with, a Men’s Rights subredditer.

*goes to buy potato chips*

Welcome to capitalism.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Thanks, but I’ve lived here a while – I just sometimes pine for places I can only imagine.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

One of the many things an MRA doesn’t get: the few people who’ve ever heard of his “movement” DON’T CARE if he never inflicts himself on a woman again.

Nobody wants you, guys. Your horrible personalities are the reasons you’re desperately looking for subsitute women, because there’s a fair chance real ones think “ewww” after five minutes in your company.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

But ALL THE MENZ will follow them! All of them! Because they are fundamentally normal, just like all the other men! Right?

I imagine this is part of their mindset…

ostara321
ostara321

OuiCrudites is a real gem, isn’t he?

This I think is the only place where I can see supposedly those tons of feminist circles bashing sexbots (though in my four years of scoping feminist blogs, I’ve never once come across the topic) – when language like this is used to sell the sexbot idea. It isn’t that sexbots are inherently an infringement on anyone’s rights (assuming there wouldn’t be real human likenesses made w/out people’s consent and assuming the bots aren’t sentient) and it isn’t that the use of an elaborate sex toy is wrong or amoral. If that’s your thing, go to town. Most feminists I know would say, “Have fun with your bad self”. It’s that these guys are just pissed off that women are in fact human to begin with.

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

Don’t worry, I’m sure there will always be a need for service workers in luxury establishments for those Glorious Overlords who don’t get as much of a thrill abusing the staff if they’re not human.

cloudiah

So speaking of capitalism, I’m doing a little research on a movie studio strike during the 1940s and came across this funny paragraph in a newspaper account of a subsequent trial:

It [the court] learned from many witnesses that the strike was characterized by a flouting of the law, jeering at court orders and by many forms of violence. There was so much testimony about women pickets using filthy language and obscene phrases that the hearing room had to be cleared of women.

(Morkais, sorry, that totally sounded patronizing.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“It’s that these guys are just pissed off that women are in fact human to begin with.”

Exactly – it’s their motives that suck. It’s all of a piece with their hatred of women.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Came across as dry wit, no worries. 🙂

Shaenon

Standard MRA Rant, Part 1: Demand that the universe provide him, in return for zero effort on his part, with a maid/mommy/sex-dispenser who do all his chores and obey his every command while evincing no personality of her own. Also, she must be simultaneously Asian, blonde, skinny, big-boobed, awesome at sex, a virgin, and immortal.

Standard MRA Rant, Part 2: Complain about how women are self-centered and have unrealistic expectations.

LBT
LBT

Also, the whole oil metaphor kinda makes me cock my head, since I learned about the Texas Railroad Commission. If I remember right, it was an agency that focused on benefiting the independent Southern oil producer over some of the big guys.

(This had nothing to do with the disliking of large corporations so much as how pissed Reconstructionis Texas was at the North. TRIVIA!)

Freitag
Freitag

Has Pierre tried to explain that the Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act doesn’t exist in Canada?

thebewilderness

That’s nice that the MRAs have found something even better for them than chattel slavery to yearn for. Maybe they will now finally be kind enough to go their own effing way while they wait for all their robot dreams to come true.

M Dubz
M Dubz

See, this has me curious about weaponized nurturance. I THOUGHT the nurturance and empathy I was providing to my friends and loved ones was helping, but since I am AN EBUL FEMINAZI it must secretly be harming them. Maybe I emit subliminal rays that melt their internal organs whenever I am trying to be helpful?

M Dubz
M Dubz

Also

The good women who aren’t like this, are often snapped up pretty quick by good men, and they go on to enjoy life together.

…did they just admit that they secretly KNOW the reason that they are alone is because they are douchecanoes that no self-respecting woman would go within 10 yards of?

deezers

@M Dubz – I thought the exact same! “Waaah the good guys get the good women, but I want one too, even though I am not a good guy”. Entitled much?

In other news, does anyone ever feel like the MRM is a big joke someone is playing on us? And that one day they’ll be like “ONLY JOSHING!! it was me all along!”. Cos a lot of this stuff is just too farcical.

I mean, these carefully thought out (and relatively articulate?!), totally serious arguments about the perfect acronym for these near-future sentient sexbots from Japan that will render women obsolete? The genuine “our seed will be safe” and “we will finally show American women who’s boss” sentiment? I do feel a bit sorry for them sometimes.

Carleyblue
Carleyblue

@ deezers Yeah, I feel the same way about it being a possible joke. Except I know a few guys in real life who kind of think the same things, and they are perfectly normal in other ways. Sometimes I just want to go up to a group of guys I know, show them this website, and ask how much of the MRA stuff they agree with- ’cause sometimes I feel like I don’t really know them at all. Often I think they would laugh at the whole thing, then other times I think… maybe not. I wouldn’t want them to become MRAs because I showed them this website. I really do want to try it, though!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@freitag – Pierre’s previous cartoon was about the nonexistent Canadian act. 🙂

And completely OT but what the hell:

white tee shirt slips
glimpse of olive skin
joyous king’s handstand

Okay it’s the world’s worst haiku but I saw that this morning … and it says something that a man who was fairly misogynistic in a decidedly misogynistic culture nearly four hundred years ago was, even then, less misogynistic than MRAs.

speed0spank

They currently make pretty darn realistic sex dolls and some people are choosing them over real women. Those people, sadly, are made the butt of jokes on shows like “strange sex”. They aren’t treated as heroes who have overcome their need for pesky women with yucky feelings and lives that don’t revolve around men.

dire sloth
dire sloth

i get the weird feeling that, by constantly harping on this whole sexbot business, mras are trying desperately to get women to defend themselves against the virtues of sexbots. except because no woman actually cares enough about these guys to argue her worth against their hypothetical roboprostimaidmommy, they just look delusional and silly

also if you dont want to sleep for a while, try picturing the thing in the photo up there shuffling its way towards you down a dark hallway. youre welcome

also also craftastrophe is a fun site, thanks for introducing me to it 🙂

Xanthë

Having shared LBT’s reaction to the picture, do I even want to speculate how David found it at a site called Craftastrophe in the first place? What is this I don’t even…

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Yep, this whole sexbot thing is definitely yet another attempt to make women change our evil ways for fear that men might no longer want to marry us. It’s kind of pathetic, given how many times they’ve already tried that tactic.

Threatening to take away something that the person you’re threatening didn’t want anyway doesn’t usually work out very well.

LBT
LBT

RE: Xanthe

The thing is, I thought I had already seen the most horrifying homemade sex doll around.(Don’t ask.) But this one BEAT IT. Gah! D:

Also woooo, my birthday is next weekend!

M Dubz
M Dubz

@dire sloth- You have just caused me nightmares FOREVER. I hope you’re happy.

Xanthë

Happy birthday in advance, LBT, and I hope it’s a good one! My birthday (and sometime commenter Discordia’s) was on Tuesday just gone… (IOW, the date over on the MBz forums birthday list is correct)

1 2 3 7