antifeminism drama kings facepalm gullibility men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA playing the victim PUA sex sexy robot ladies shit that never happened straw feminists

Manosphere doofuses duped again by phony Canadian sexbot ban

NOTE: Don't buy this model. She's trouble.
NOTE: Don’t buy this model. She’s trouble.

So the Boobz are getting worked up – again – over some imaginary “proposed legislation” to ban sexbots. Vox Day, one of the esteemed elder statesmen of the right-wing of the manosphere, has resurrected an urban legend that first fooled his comrades about two years ago, reposting a “statement” of mysterious Canadian origin explaining that

provisions have been proposed for the new Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act, the first draft of which is currently being finalized.The provisions are specifically meant to target the concerns that were expressed at the roundtable that sexbots will negatively impact the pursuit for gender equality and may unduly emphasize the objectification of women as sexual objects.The suggested provisions fall into the larger framework of regulating the emerging service robot industry that will be governed by the Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act and under the direction of the Ministry of Robots and Artificial Intelligence, to be established in Ontario and other Canadian provinces and territories at the end of next year.

The main provision of this dastardly Femi-Canadian proposed legislation?

The use of sexbots in the privacy of one’s home is prohibited, unless otherwise permitted by the Ministry of Robots and Artificial intelligence or a relevant regulating agency as per the criteria outlined in the Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act.

You may wonder: Why didn’t I read anything in the papers about this Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act? Why haven’t I heard about this Ministry of Robots and Artificial Intelligence?

Well, you guessed it. Because neither of them exist. I looked into this two years ago when the story first, er, broke in the manosphere. There’s no vast feminist conspiracy to deny Canadian men (or, for that matter, women) their still-imaginary sexbots. The “statement” was evidently written as part of a law school class project on law and robotics taught by Prof. Ian Kerr at the University of Ottawa Law School.

If you Google “Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act”  or “Ministry of Robots and Artificial Intelligence” you will find that literally the only people talking about this issue are MRAs and PUAs and conspiracy theorists. And some of the more gullible 4channers, though a few of them quickly figured out that the whole thing was fake. (As did the Real Doll enthusiasts.)

Vox Day, who has yet to come to this realization, draws some dire conclusions from this thing that isn’t real, declaring that the

This Canadian attempt to preemptively ban sexbots is an overt confession by feminists of both sexes concerning their belief that women have nothing significant to offer men but sexual services.  Moreover, it is proof that their “pursuit for gender equality” is directly and fundamentally opposed to the most basic human freedom. …

One would think that even those only superficially acquainted with human history would realize that attempts to put the technological genie back in the bottle almost always fail, as do attempts to prevent men and women from pursuing pleasure in ways deemed illicit.  But then, a near-complete ignorance of human history is required to either be a feminist or possess a genuine belief in the rainbow-tailed unicorn of equality.

Well, not so much. Though Vox proves yet again that there are few people on planet earth as gullible as the manosphere’s pompous philosophers.

NOTE: Vox isn’t the only manospherian up in arms about the evil imaginary sexbot ban; more on this tomorrow.

Cuuuute!

I never gave owls (well, except Hedwig) much of a thought before I started reading here, but omcc those videos of owls enjoying being patted …

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

OK, time for me to go out into the horrid hot heat – later! 🙂

Argenti Aertheri

Owl: fuck you, I’m looking at something

Abnoy
Abnoy

Just because a person is a designated Bad Guy doesn’t mean they’re a bad person per se. Similarly, just because an entity is called a Demon doesn’t mean that it’s evil per se. Don’t you remember the moral lesson of that movie?

Argenti Aertheri

…how the fuck did that decide I had a link?!

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

Not to mention that succubi feed off the life force/spiritual energy of their victims and leave behind a corruption that assures the victim a place in Hell. But hey! That there Pope became immensly wealthy and powerful! Who cares that he was damned…

Argenti Aertheri

clairedamnit — yeah, I asked that not long ago, apparently Mr. Al didn’t start socking ’til he was banned and ABNOY’s been around since before that.

pillow in hell — hey now, eternal damnation is totally worth it for earthly riches…oh wait, I think that’s 180° from the moral of the story…

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

Hey now! The Pope had a few measly decades of living the high life before eternal damnation.

BUT HE GOT LAID GUYZZ!!

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

Is there a Muse for embroidery? Because if there is… I’d like to take up her sense of timing inspirations.

Its past midnight, and all I want to do is stitch despite the fact that my eyelids don’t want to stay open.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Hey hellkell, this made me smile, for whatever reason:
“This is so ‘splainy and assy.”

pecunium

Abnoy: You choose angels by one set of rule (the Catholic Church) and demons by another (movies,and TV shows).

Conveniently both get you what you want from the subject. It’s like you make it up as you go along.

Shiraz
Shiraz

“Similarly, just because an entity is called a Demon doesn’t mean that it’s evil per se. Don’t you remember the moral lesson of that movie?”

Wait, what fucking movie? Are you still on WIR, abby? Angels are good — in a system that says demons are bad. But your references are so random. Sure, there were daimons of ancient Greece — Socrates spoke of them. “The favor of the gods,” said Socrates, “has given me a marvelous gift, which has never left me since my childhood. It is a voice which, when it makes itself heard, deters me from what I am about to do and never urges me on.”
But I don’t think you meant that either. I think you are thinking of the sexy hipster demon chicks from “Scott Pilgrim versus the World.”

Abnoy
Abnoy

Hah,obviously you people are not fans of Marvel Comics or Vertigo or even fantasy writers like Neil Gaiman, then you’d realize that different mythological pantheons can co-exist together :p And I’m shocked that despite being apparent agnostics/atheist, you people sem to stick to a Judeo-Christian worldview that condemns everything else not sanctioned by the Church as being already necessarily evil. For argument’s sake, if the supernatural realms do in fact exist, who’s to day that the bad press of one religion, Judeo-Christianity, towards other religions is even accurate at all? That’s the cultural imperialism of the Inquisition!

Shiraz
Shiraz

Ass, I am a Gaiman fan. But he writes FICTION. I read comics — Marvel and Vertigo, but see, they’re comics. Lots of us regard religion as as man-made systems that try to regulate human behavior. But see, we don’t group fiction (TV, comics, film, books) and worldviews (or religions) as the same for obvious reasons. You’re confused. Either reference religion or reference pop culture. But the two are not the same. You were so confused by our responses that you wrote this:
“…you people (seem) to stick to a…Judeo-Christian worldview that condemns everything else not sanctioned by the Church as being already necessarily evil…”
You’re being dishonest. We’re not big fans of denouncing non-Judeo-Christian things as evil…and you know it. The problem is you can’t tell the difference between pop culture and religion — if your posts are to be taken at face value.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

How does Absurd type with his head stuck so far up his arse?

Argenti Aertheri

Hi, pagan here, still not fucking with anything resembling demons. Also, please do see my quote above about various religious views on demons. (And we’re not all atheists btw)

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh — his “understanding” of biology is probably a factor in that. There isn’t enough caffeine in the world for his shit tonight.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Yeah, no caffeine in the world for this shit tonight, Argenti. That’s why I am signing off for tonight. ‘Night everyone.

Argenti Aertheri

G’night Shiraz, may your sleep be filled with kittehs and other adorable animals.

Shiraz
Shiraz

🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Niters Shiraz, seconding what Argenti said.

Argenti – “understanding” and “Abnoy” don’t even belong in the same sentence.

Dvärghundspossen

I’m side-eyeing this part a little (not in the sense of being hurt, though) because I’ve copped a bit of this sort of “you’re living in a fantasy/ you’re delusional” shit. Mr K passed over more than 300 years ago, but that doesn’t change the fact that he is real, alive and we are very much in a married relationship. I leave it to your imagination how shitstains like to react to that, usually with internet diagnoses of mental illness. (Totally the opposite of the reaction of actual mental health professionals, I might add.) There was even a bizarre drive-by troll a couple of weeks back who thought he could needle me by saying my relationship with Mr K was necrophilia – quite how that works without a, you know, corpse being involved I have no idea – or something to do with rape culture.

Well… I don’t think people have an obligation to believe Mr Kitten is real (but maybe you didn’t mean they have either?). It’s like the religious debates we’ve had here – some people believe they’ve been in touch with God, others are atheists. Religious people can’t demand of the atheist bunch that they start believing them.

But people trying to CONVERT you, being RUDE to you, or doing ridiculous internet diagnosis – that’s shitty inexcusable behaviour.

That’s it exactly, Dvarghundspossen! 🙂

Kitteh — hence the scare quotes! 🙂

Gods has he pissed me off well and good, and that takes bloody work. Apparently implying/stating that chromosomes/biology = gender is a shortcut to that.

FYI ABNOY, chromosomes =/= gender either.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

How the heck I missed those scare quotes is going to remain one of life’s mysteries … ::scratches head::

Argenti Aertheri

Your brain took them as assumed and thus ignored them? But don’t scratch your own head, scratch a kitteh. 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL or scratch a Mr Kitteh. He’s been totally indoctrinated by the furry fiends. Said this morning that if I hadn’t had cat furs on my clothes it’d be a Crime Against Nature.

Argenti Aertheri

Either way, scratch a kitteh for me though? I’d risk waking my mother if I tried scratching her cat (kitteh sleeps in her room) and seeing how she has to get up in two hours to make my twenty-fucking-four year old brother breakfast…

Yeah, I’m not waking her up to pet a kitteh, that will not end in me being less annoyed.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Tell you what, I’ll go scratch a kitteh for you and you do something nice like say hello to the fish for me?

Meanwhile, here’s Mads showing how a grass pot for cats really works.

Argenti Aertheri

“Aren’t you a cute little clown loach? Yes you are!” Has been engaged in. Yes they’re smart enough to realize I’m looking at them, and depending how playful they’re feeling, follow my fingers…between the weather, and the hour, they’re not really paying attention (still such cute little fishies!)

As for Mads, if it fits, it sits.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“If it fits, it sits” LOL very true!

Scritch scritch scritch tickle chin “This is from Argenti” has been received graciously and we have deigned to purr. 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Speaking of weather, I have to figure out a way to send excess heat to them as has excess cold via the intertubes. Way to make a fortune.

Bit of a nasty moment tonight, there was a massive smoke plume visible from the train as I was coming home. It’s from a metal recycling plant that caught fire in the heat (petrol still in a car wreck, apparently). And a couple of kilometres north there was a grass fire threatening houses – deliberately lit. Not a threat to my home and both under control, but that’s nasty, it’s the closest bushfire season has come to my place.

Argenti Aertheri

Wtf kind of asshole lita a fire during brushfire season? Someone who’s every step should be filled with Legos.

Sending heat/cold via the Internet would be one hell of a business. And awww, I got a purr!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

We seem to have far too many of that sort of asshole. So many of our bushfires are deliberately lit.

You did, you did got a purr! 😀

Argenti Aertheri

The sum total of the last day and a half? I’m ashamed for our species (well, most of it anyways) — that’s just the shit icing on the shit cake right there.

And on that purring note, I’m going to call it a night while I have some faith left in humanity. G’night!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Goodnight! Dream of sweet kittehs and dancing clown loaches!

lauralot89

I’m pretty sure Al was socking long before his initial banning. Whenever he was placed on mod or keyboard smashing in rage or whatever, his sock Dad 2 Boys would show up.

Stay safe, kitteh.

LBT
LBT

More things Abnoy knows jack shit about: basic biology. (MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW WHAT THEIR OWN CHROMOSOMES ARE. I don’t know my own goddamn chromosomes. I can make a good guess, but I could be wrong.)

Actually, I seem to recall the demon Asmodeus being a protector of battered women, and I’m pretty sure a demon was invoked to inhabit the Golem of Prague, who did good for the local Jews for as much as a decade. But somehow, I doubt Abnoy wants to bang the Golem of Prague. (For one thing, the Golem was ace. He wouldn’t be interested.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Looks like the fires in my area are under control, there’s no new info since last night. But in the east of the state there are towns under threat. 🙁

Falconer

I hadn’t heard that about the Golem of Prague. I thought he was animated by the word in his head.

In a Certain Popular Role-Playing Game, golems are animated by elemental spirits, which are Neutral and the only moral dimension to it is in binding a mindless yet independent being to do your bidding (use it too much, and instant karma’s gonna get you).

Falconer

*words in his head

Historophilia
Historophilia

@Kitteh

That’s a stay safe from me as well, if I could send you some of our snow to cool things down a bit I would. But unfortunately I don’t think they take weather systems by airmail.

LBT
LBT

RE: Falconer

The golem was animated through the word inscribed on his forehead, but I heard the spirit was borrowed from a demon, Joseph Sheida or something.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Thanks for the stay-safe wishes, all! I think the fires in our area are out. There are bad fires in East Gippsland, though, about 200km from Melbourne, and one person’s been killed there.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Good news to hear about your immediate area, sorry to hear about the loss of life. Especially when you said that some of the fires were/appeared to be deliberately lit.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

So many of our fires are caused by arsonists these days, it’s like a bloody epidemic. There’s not enough Lego in the world to fill their shoes.

Speaking of Lego, apparently there’s a huge Lego exhibition on in Melbourne at the moment!