antifeminism drama kings facepalm gullibility men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA playing the victim PUA sex sexy robot ladies shit that never happened straw feminists

Manosphere doofuses duped again by phony Canadian sexbot ban

NOTE: Don't buy this model. She's trouble.
NOTE: Don’t buy this model. She’s trouble.

So the Boobz are getting worked up – again – over some imaginary “proposed legislation” to ban sexbots. Vox Day, one of the esteemed elder statesmen of the right-wing of the manosphere, has resurrected an urban legend that first fooled his comrades about two years ago, reposting a “statement” of mysterious Canadian origin explaining that

provisions have been proposed for the new Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act, the first draft of which is currently being finalized.The provisions are specifically meant to target the concerns that were expressed at the roundtable that sexbots will negatively impact the pursuit for gender equality and may unduly emphasize the objectification of women as sexual objects.The suggested provisions fall into the larger framework of regulating the emerging service robot industry that will be governed by the Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act and under the direction of the Ministry of Robots and Artificial Intelligence, to be established in Ontario and other Canadian provinces and territories at the end of next year.

The main provision of this dastardly Femi-Canadian proposed legislation?

The use of sexbots in the privacy of one’s home is prohibited, unless otherwise permitted by the Ministry of Robots and Artificial intelligence or a relevant regulating agency as per the criteria outlined in the Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act.

You may wonder: Why didn’t I read anything in the papers about this Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act? Why haven’t I heard about this Ministry of Robots and Artificial Intelligence?

Well, you guessed it. Because neither of them exist. I looked into this two years ago when the story first, er, broke in the manosphere. There’s no vast feminist conspiracy to deny Canadian men (or, for that matter, women) their still-imaginary sexbots. The “statement” was evidently written as part of a law school class project on law and robotics taught by Prof. Ian Kerr at the University of Ottawa Law School.

If you Google “Human-Robot Personal Relationship Act”  or “Ministry of Robots and Artificial Intelligence” you will find that literally the only people talking about this issue are MRAs and PUAs and conspiracy theorists. And some of the more gullible 4channers, though a few of them quickly figured out that the whole thing was fake. (As did the Real Doll enthusiasts.)

Vox Day, who has yet to come to this realization, draws some dire conclusions from this thing that isn’t real, declaring that the

This Canadian attempt to preemptively ban sexbots is an overt confession by feminists of both sexes concerning their belief that women have nothing significant to offer men but sexual services.  Moreover, it is proof that their “pursuit for gender equality” is directly and fundamentally opposed to the most basic human freedom. …

One would think that even those only superficially acquainted with human history would realize that attempts to put the technological genie back in the bottle almost always fail, as do attempts to prevent men and women from pursuing pleasure in ways deemed illicit.  But then, a near-complete ignorance of human history is required to either be a feminist or possess a genuine belief in the rainbow-tailed unicorn of equality.

Well, not so much. Though Vox proves yet again that there are few people on planet earth as gullible as the manosphere’s pompous philosophers.

NOTE: Vox isn’t the only manospherian up in arms about the evil imaginary sexbot ban; more on this tomorrow.

titianblue
titianblue

The unicorn is rainbow-tailed? Why did noone tell me this before?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

rainbow-tailed unicorn of equality

I want some of whatever he’s been smoking/

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

IT’S THOSE CANADIAN FEMINAZIS AGAIN

There has to be a Pierre cartoon in here somewhere.

hellkell
hellkell

I’m sure Antz is shitting another brick over this.

Sorry, Vox. You don’t have the right to get laid.

hellkell
hellkell

Cassandra: yeah, it might be fun to be that stupid for an afternoon.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

This one’s so obscure that even snopes.com doesn’t mention it.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Like, did the original My Little Pony make a big impression on him as a child? Does he think that all unicorns are gay? Enquiring minds want to know.

lightcastle
lightcastle

The unicorn is rainbow-tailed?

Of course it is! It also wears sunglasses.

lightcastle
lightcastle

Kittehs, Pierre clearly needs to field a call to Ottawa by someone who demands to speak to the head of the Ministry of Robots and Artificial Intelligence.

Joanna

The Human-Robot Relationship Act… Can we make this exist so that douchebags like this guy won’t have to interact with real people?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I know! His sister had a Lisa Frank poster on her door, and his mom wouldn’t let him tear it down each time he went into a fit of rage about how privileged sis was. Thus unicorns came to symbolize the evil impact of feminism on society for him.

hellkell
hellkell

lightcastle: yes! I can’t wait to see Pierre’s polite Canadian confusion at that one.

hellkell
hellkell

Cassandra: he used to have a t-shirt from OG MLP, but his sister stole it and wouldn’t give it back, forever infesting it with girl germs, and proving that we live in a matriarchy.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

He tried to rebel by being a brony, but way stymied by the lack of robotic ponies. Which is also misandry.

Stuffed Fantod

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Priceless!

cloudiah

They don’t know how to Google. I’m sending them all to Internet 101!

Stuffed Fantod

Seriously, the “manosphere’s” deep need to see themselves as The Compleat Victims of the Worlde never fails to bring the lulz in a big way.

But has he considered the dire consequences if you could date a sexy robot?

And don’t worry, guys, I’m already on it.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Psst! Hey, guys, did you know that Sweden banned blowjobs? They totally did! Because feminism!

lightcastle
lightcastle

We don’t even have an Ministry that would be obvious for Pierre to try and refer him to.

pecunium

Ah… Vox Day… arrogant, petulant and ignorant… all to the power of 10.

lightcastle
lightcastle

@katz, you win for the Metropolis dance scene clip. 🙂

Presumably David wins first for the Metropolis screencap.

Joanna

@katz: What the fuck did I just watch?

cloudiah

NOW just announced in their secret newsletter that we’ve succeeded in convincing Obama to mandate that 51% of STEM students be female by end of this fiscal year. Excess males will be falsely accused of rape and sent to work camps.

Is Vox Day’s real identity known? Wikipedia points me to an apparently different Vox Day.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Katz – that scene puts me in mind of the reaction to Josephine Baker’s dance in Triplets of Belleville (relevant section is at about 1.30):

(Am I the only person who couldn’t last through Metropolis through a combination of boredom and not being able to take it seriously because of the style?)

34 comments, not one saying “Dude, this is fake” (although one asks for a link to the bill). My fave:

Canada actually has a Ministry of Robots and Artificial intelligence? This country needs to disband out of sheer embarrassment. I propose they change it to a more efficient name: Ministry of Robots or Neurosimulators (MORON).

Falconer

The most basic human freedom being the freedom to stick your putz wheresoever it pleaseth you.

Is the rainbow-tailed unicorn of equality on speaking terms with the gleaming opulent horse of superior Aryan intellect?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Joanna

@Kittehs: I almost made it the whole way through. Also: <3 Triplets of Belleville ^_^

Stuffed Fantod

@katz: Vox Day’s real name is Theodore Beale, I believe. He’s a white nationalist Christian libertarian.

Joanna

“Joanna – the woman dancing in that scene from Metropolis is the robot in the picture David used for the post.”

And death playing the flute was the inevitable conclusion?

titianblue
titianblue

I don’t know why but I thought of The Thief of Baghdad and the scene 8.20 into this clip …

Falconer

Re the post pic:

I am fluent in over three million forms from the Kama Sutra.

Also: lower right. That’s never her hand, is it?

And death playing the flute was the inevitable conclusion?

Well, obviously. A human femur flute, no less. (How did you guys get bored with this movie?)

Falconer, no, that’s Rotwang’s hand.

(This is one of my favorite movies; I’m a huge Fritz Lang fangirl.)

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Pierre: Ministry of Fisheries and Oceans, Pierre speaking. How can I help you?

Vox: Is this the Ministry of Robots and Artificial Intelligence?

Pierre: No sir, Fisheries and Oceans. I don’t believe that we have a…

Vox: Damn it! I’ve been ringing every ministry of this so called “government”, but I can’t find the Ministry of of Robots! Or should I say the Misandry of Robots! Hah, that’s a good one, I’ll write that down.

Pierre: I don’t believe that there is a Canadian ministry dedicated specifically to robots.

Vox: And there won’t be, the way things are going! What would we want robots for, if not for sex? By banning sexbots, the Ministry of Robots and AIs is putting itself out of business.

Pierre: There are so many things wrong with what you just said that I hardly…

Vox: Stop making excuses you pencil pushing bureaucrat! I demand that Canada stop banning sexbots!

Pierre: You’d like me, a representative of the Ministry of Fisheries, to tell a non-existant ministry to stop its ban on non-existant sexbots? Anything else?

Vox: Well, I’d quite like a salmon fishing license, please. Can you put me through to the Ministry of Defense?

melody

Some people need a reality check.

This guys are just looking for EVIL everywhere.

So, quick to blame women regardless of reality.

Why on earth did my name change????

Falconer

@katz: What the fuck did I just watch?

I could not tell narrative reality from fever dream, myself.

I’m going to have to watch all of Metropolis, now, because I am mightily confused how a sexy dancing robot girl could end up causing a very Christian apocalypse.

Fuck, I already started a script, but yours is good too.

Falconer

@melody: WordPress hates us, and does not care to remember our names all the time. Did you switch computers?

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

WHY IS IT ALWAYS CANADA?!

Seriously, if I weren’t living in Texas, I would be feeling very sorry for Canadians right now. Do maple leaves spread delusions of victimhood? (That’s what Canadians eat, right? At Tim Horton’s house?)

MRAs and PUAs and conspiracy theorists

Literally all the same thing.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

@ katz – feel free to mix and match.

Falconer

The guy’s name is Rotwang?! How many professors have had to stop the movie until the class can compose itself?

cloudiah

I was hoping Bodsy would write a Pierre script… I loved the ending!

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

I want some of whatever he’s been smoking

I think that red pill they always talk about is really a hit of acid.

Stuffed Fantod

@Falconer: Well, it’s pronounced “RotVANG” in German. It means “red cheek.” 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Tulgey – Canada can be PROUD to have the MRAs running scared!

1 2 3 11