all about the menz antifeminism dawgies FemRAs misandry misogyny MRA YouTube

War Declared on Misandric Pants

Puppy battling the evil of Misandric Pants
Puppy battling the evil of Misandric Pants

One effect of living within the ideological bubble of the Men’s Rights movement is what you might call ideological inflation: MRAs start off believing, for example, that women don’t face discrimination today, in the developed world — an idea that’s wrong enough to start with. But then, surrounded by other delusional MRAs who reinforce their every wrong notion, the denizens of the Men’s Rights bubble come to believe that women haven’t ever been discriminated against anywhere and at any time in the history of the world. (You may recall those evil cavewomen who sat around eating prehistoric bon bons while the men hunted the mammoth to feed them.)

And that leads to things like the following video, in which the FeMRA video maker who calls herself The Wooly Bumblebee declares war on a pair of “Misandric Pants” she bought for her daughter by accident.

Yep, that’s right, she’s furious because one fucking percent of the proceeds made from selling these pants goes to a charity fighting against the very real discrimination and oppression that girls face all over the globe. You know, like being denied educations because they’re girls. Like being forced into child marriages with adult men. Like being forced into prostitution as children. That sort of thing.

Apparently girls don’t suffer from being repeatedly raped as children. But boys are totally oppressed because a tiny portion of the profits from a pair of pants goes to a charity that talks about, and tries to do something about, the shit girls have to endure because they are girls.

titianblue
titianblue

Yep, cos donating to help girls means that boys are screwed over. Facepalm.

pillowinhell

Was worried that the pants were misandric because some boy was turned on by them.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

titianblue
titianblue

As a Brit, I’d expected the article to be about Bridget Jones “big pants” …

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Pillowinhell – my first thought was that it was jeans squishing men’s bits or something a la Tom Martin.

hellkell
hellkell

If she’s so pissed, she can donate to a boy’s charity. FeMRAs blow my mind in general, but I really can’t understand the ones with daughters, who basically want them to hate themselves for being female. Poor kids.

pillowinhell

Kitteh, yeah that thought occured to me too.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

pillowinhell – I’m disappointed it’s not. It would have been funnier.

hellkell – yeah, being raised by an MRA or feMRA sounds like mental abuse right there.

pillowinhell

Hellkell I don’t think the girls are supposed to take enough notice of themselves to have self hatred. Nothing less than totalself abgnagation? Is appropriate for a satisfactory vagina.

hellkell
hellkell

OK. A.) those pants are tragic, and B.) a shitfit is being thrown over 9 cents. Perspective, this chick does not have it.

pillowinhell

But she had to ROB HER HUSBAND for nine more cents!

All for some worthless c*** they can’t even abuse!!

JustACheeto
JustACheeto

Okay, so I’ve been lurking on this site for a few months now, and I feel like I’ve already acclimated to a lot of the stupid and horrifying things MRAs say. I’m not sure why this instance in stupid has blindsided me, but it has. It’s just so backwards! I can’t wrap my head around how someone can actually think the way this woman does.

On the plus side, though, it’s a little bit fun imagining the conversation that might take place when she returns the pants.

CassandraSays

When I saw “misandric pants” I thought they were ranting about skinny jeans for men and their ball-smooshing, sperm count lowering evil ways. I am disappoint.

heathenbee
heathenbee

“So, we have misandric chairs and now we have misandric jeans. ::rubs hands:: Right, the Feminist Conspiracy is going to plan! All things are made to attack men!”

Civilization=Misandry!! I win!!!!!

Kiwi girl

Yeah, I thought they were unisex, too loose in the ass, too tight in the front.

It would just be so much better if ALL the money went to those male CEOs and company directors.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I am sure when the girls get clean water, it won’t be shared with the boys at all. They’ll force the boys to drink contaminated water and laugh when they get sick. Then, they’ll join NOW.

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

Not to mention that anything that improves the lives of adult women will help to improve the lives of their sons or any other male children who are dependent on them.

titianblue
titianblue

I’m so embarrassed. I’ve been on the charity website and, of course, Woolly Bumblebee is right, the charity is misandric. They are trying to prevent men from having the child-brides that they need and deserve (and pay for). Total misandry. I can’t believe I didn’t see it before.

/sarcasm

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Hey now, we all know that anything that benefits girls happens directly at the expense of the boys. I mean, just think of the poor men who won’t be able to rape, abuse, and throw acid in the faces of girls if this misandric charity gets its way!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Welcomd, JustACheeto! 🙂

titianblue
titianblue

Though I am a bit confused as to why she thinks a school that has banned jeans will allow stretchpants that look exactly like jeans ….

Dashed hopes that she was talking about the Magic Pants.

CassandraSays

Hmm, I wonder if Pierre has room in his schedule for a part-time job at Macy’s.

Of course he does. He works everywhere.

JustACheeto
JustACheeto

Thanks Kitteh. 🙂

pillowinhell

Well we all know that any girl who recieves benefits from this charity will be genetically altered to never have sons right? She’ll also be whisked away to Wonderous Land where life will be a dream and no boys are allowed. There they’ll spend their day plotting out how to ruin mens lives and laughing at the results/end snark.

You know, as opposed to having clean water so they can work or get an education and help their families out of the problems their in.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@titianblue

I wondered about too. My high school didn’t allow jeans either and you sure as hell couldn’t have worn Jean stretch pants.

CassandraSays

OT but you know Bowie’s kid makes movies? We just added this to the Netflix list.

Argenti Aertheri

Welcome JustACheeto!

Convo when she returns the pants to Pierre?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

You mean … they’ll join Man Boobz? 😉

pillowinhell

Can you imagine the conversation with the daughter?

I’m hoping the girl understood what a phenomenally whiny wench her mother is and that she has only X number years of having to put up with it on a regular basis.

And of course, the money is also going to brown girls right?

If its an Asian country that’s being helped, the wife has a god damned duty to ensure that she sends money. I mean, when hubby trades her in for the new model he won’t want to hear “not now honey, I’m on the toilet” for his hotter better younger mail order bride.

God, I think I’ve really hit MRA overload.

Kiwi girl

So she bought a pair of jeans that were discounted from $29.99 to $9.99 and she’s whining about some small portion of the profits (which will be reduced because the item was discounted by about 67%, all of that discount will be eating into profit) going to a charity.

If she’s so anti-feminist, what was she doing going out and buying clothing that males might have helped make. She should be sewing them herself, from fabric made by her. Whose money did she spend on these jeans – hers (in which case, why did she steal a job from a man?) or her husbands (in which case, back to my earlier point of why didn’t she make these herself)?

Kiwi girl

And I forgot to add, her YouTube directs to her PayPal, to donate her money (for what????)

LOL and she clearly thinks feminists have an entitlement trip.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Totally OT but do any of our craft people here make necklaces? I’m about to do my first attempt at a beads and pins (? think that’s the term) one. Any tips?

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@CassandraSays

I think Moon is an amazing movie. I hope you enjoy it.

Kiwi girl

Sorry, have only done beaded necklaces using thread and not pins. You might be able to find an About.com page that will help you. YouTube is probably also your friend for visual help.

@ Some Gal

It certainly looks interesting, plus I knew some people who knew Bowie Jr when he was a teenager and he was kind of a mess, so it’s cool to see that he’s sorted himself out.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Good idea, Kiwi gal. This necklace was threaded but went SNAP the other day (as they do). It occurred to me that using pins instead would be stronger and lengthen it a bit. My fave necklace, too, I got it at Phillip Island a couple of months ago. I’m just glad it broke in my bedroom and not when I was out somewhere!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@CassandraSays

I had no idea it was Bowie’s son. And it is always nice when people get their lives together. Moon is really brilliant. We saw it for Rockwell and Kevin Spacey.

Kiwi girl

@Kitteh, I don’t know what the necklace looks like but you could rethread the whole thing. I have one from my grandmother that I need to do that to. Your options would be along the lines of using actual thread (you’ll need to coat it in beeswax) or stuff that looks like thin fishing line. Sorry I can’t help with the pins idea 🙁

Kiwi girl

Some light entertainment, sadly he didn’t get his Kickstarter funded last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrww8e0UGxc

CassandraSays

Mrs Misandric Pants sounds Canadian. Isn’t GWW Canadian too? Maybe I’m just getting my North American accents mixed up.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Kiwi girl (not gal! Mixing up nyms here) I had intended to re-thread it first, then had the idea that the pins might be better. I had a quick run-through on how it’s done at the shop where I bought them (Wholesale Beads in High St Prahran, if you’re ever in Melbourne – LOTS of pretty stuff). The spacer beads were gold and I thought I could just do the gold pins and not need to use the spacers at all. I’m now sitting here with clippers and crimping tool thingies and a bowl full of beads spread out around my laptop, wish me luck! 😀

pillowinhell

That’s it! I’m moving to Australia!!

Every fracking embroidery magazine advertizes Aussie shops where I can get the supplies I need. There is not one single place in CANADA that supplies embroiderers with the tools and materials needed, unless its counted cross stitch. And I hate counted cross stitch.

* starts packing lumberjack shirts, cans of timmies,gallon jugs of maple syrup and oh yeah…gotta pot some maple trees. *

**leaves embroidery stuff behind, should be easier to get over there and a beter variety and quality***

Kiwi girl

Oooo very good luck. I get nervous about things like that in combination with cats. When I’m doing crochet or knitting they often decide that it is their turn for mommy’s attention. I would freak me out if I was beading.

I don’t get to go to Melbourne for work, I get Canberra. 🙁

Kiwi girl

@pillowinhell LOL I buy most of my crochet items from the US because it’s too damn hard for me to get specialist hooks and anything other than DK yarn here. Most of my patterns are US and everyone in the US seems to like worsted instead of DK, which is one of the least stocked yarn weights in NZ.

However, I am currently buried in sock yarn and obtaining more sock yarn patterns. I love making socks, but I my preference is to upskill in crochet. Eventually I may get brave and crochet socks instead of knitting them.

pillowinhell

Yeah Miss Pants is a Canuck.

CassandraSays

Next in today’s edition of Ask a Canuck! Other than putting it on pancakes what does one do with maple syrup?

hellkell
hellkell

She sounded Canadian to me too.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Not a Canuck, but I’m from Maine and Vermont, so I know my way around maple syrup. I like it in coffee, or a little dash of it to sweeten various dishes. My favorite: fry bacon, remove bacon and fry Swiss chard in the bacon grease, add crumbled bacon and maple syrup (and maybe some red pepper flakes). Yum!

1 2 3 10