announcements comics funny MRA

Pierre Vs. The Manosphere: A Man Boobz-inspired web comic

pierre

Those of you who aren’t regular readers of the comments here may not be aware of A Voice for Pierre, the hilarious new webcomic by regular Man Boobz commenter Katz, inspired by Man Boobz trolls and dopey Boobz more generally. Here’s the first strip, about a poor paranoid MRA afraid to take his sons to Canada lest they be attacked and possibly killed by wild feminists. Naturally, it’s based on a TRUE STORY.

You can find more Pierre at the A Voice for Pierre website.

pierre1

scarlettpipistrelle

Love it! More, more, more please!

lumi
lumi

It’s better than a lot of the moldy old strips that clutter the newspaper (OK, I don’t actually read the local paper, but I do read the Comic Curmudgeon).

Maybe kittycat is named poutine. Or maybe I’m just hungry.

atomicgrizzly
atomicgrizzly

@Jessay, that meme is amazing. I made a few myself:

The second one is actually something I heard people from my extended family saying.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

…What is that creepy hand-like thing that’s crawling over the edge of Pierre’s cup in the second to last panel?

atomicgrizzly
atomicgrizzly

Looks like pens or pencils in a mug. We do that at my office.

thenatfantastic

I’ve already used that meme today XD

In other news, I spend too much time arguing on the internet…

atomicgrizzly
atomicgrizzly

Eh, I’m at work and it’s slow as hell. Nothing better for me to do besides argue on the internet.

Dvärghundspossen

Yay Katz! That was funny as hell!

atroposheart

*smirks,

Oh, this is priceless

Viscaria
Viscaria

I second Lumi’s suggestion of Poutine! I am probably also hungry!

Viscaria
Viscaria

Or Tim Horton.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I bought a cheddar cheese with chocolate shavings in it that is out-of-this-world amazing. I’d share it with all those who are hungry if I could!

(It’s a teeny bit fancy for a regular snack, but for a Manboobz smack party, it would be perfect.)

atomicgrizzly
atomicgrizzly
Some Gal Not Bored at All

What I’m really missing is crackers…

atomicgrizzly
atomicgrizzly

Some Summer sausage too. Mmmmmm…

cloudiah

Poutine would be a cute name. Or maybe chômeur (a really delicious dessert I had at a restaurant recently).

Jessay (@jessay)

I must have made 20 last night. I was loving that meme.

hellkell

I like Poutine as a name too. I could also be hungry.

Some gal, where did you get this chocolate cheese?

I can’t with Wensleydale. I got the stomach flu once after eating some (the cheese didn’t make me sick), and as it was the last thing I ate before the fun started, I can’t even smell it now.

cloudiah

Cowgirl Creamery’s Mt. Tam was like a miracle in helping my mother gain weight back after she dropped down to 81 lbs after surgery. It’s crazy expensive but I will love it forever. (she’s now back to 103 so yay cheese!)

hellkell

Cheese is nature’s perfect food.

pecunium

Emily Murphy

Or any of the “Famous Five

But I like poutine (and now I’m hungry… poutine and a beavertail, while balancing on skates on the Rideau Canal… Ah!)

justeunperdant

Girls need more protection from ‘greedy corporate world’

Poor girl I feel your pain against these evil corporation. You ,girls, are so special and precious that you need protection against everything. I am all for it.

I am for taking all the money from all the men in the world and giving to women. Who care if it destroy the economy and make us poor. You girl are special and need to be protected all the cost.

Nothing is more important then women is this world.

pecunium

Unrepentant. Try to find something someone actually said. Then try to rebut it.

Until then, hush, the grown-ups are talking about something else.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

It’s this.

Argenti Aertheri

Hey underpants? Learn to read.

A decade ago, Mr Biddulph, an Australian author and expert on child psychology, tackled the problems facing boys in a landmark book, claiming they were a “disaster area” while girls were doing fine.
But he claims that a dramatic shift in recent years has turned the spotlight onto girls.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@hellkell

The cheese is from Trader Joe’s and it was my fave thing about New Year’s. (It was better than the gingerbread kahlua and the champagne!)

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

…is Owly trying to sockpuppet us? Underpants is giving off lots of Owly’s standard hoots.

thenatfantastic

LOL, citing the Torygraph. It’s the lesser-known Daily Mail. Their online writers are judged on a monthly basis per hits. If they’re on the bottom for three months, they get axed. So their entire online content is basically outrage-trolling.

hellkell

Some Gal: shit, there are no TJ’s here, as it’s the home of Whole Paycheck.

pecunium

hellkelll they do coexist. Which is a relief, since I came to NYC. The TJ’s here aren’t as good as they are in Calif.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

I vote that the cat be called Timmies. Trust me, if there’s one thing Canadians will call for first thing in the morning its Timmies.

Why Timmies hav no home delivery?

Viscaria
Viscaria

Pillow knows what’s up.

Full disclosure, though: I don’t even really like Timmies O.O

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::does quick Google of Timmies:: 😉

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@helllkell

That sucks. I hate Whole Foods. (Although, one year Whole Foods was the only place we could find a fruitcake, which softened my heart to them the teensiest bit.)

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

If Timmies is what I think it is, WHY U NO IN UK? Seriously, holiday in Canada… I had a mouthgasm. I was like holy shit, cheap soup!

(I dunno…)

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Well I’m only the leader of the Canadian Maple Syrup Cartel. Someone else is going to have to handle this shameful lack of appropriate Timmies love.

scarlettpipistrelle

Too bad the MRAers are too busy minimizing the hideous crime in India to notice the the art work over here. I knew they’d get around to this sooner or later. http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/a-passage-from-india/

hellkell

Pecunium: I’m about two miles away from the WH Mothership (they should sell day passes to that store like Disney World, it’s that big), and the only foray TJ’s has made into TX so far is in a fancy-schmancy neighborhood of Houston, which is about three hours away depending on traffic.

Some Gal: what’s the name of the cheese? Maybe I can order it through Murray’s.

Joanna

@scarlett: The poor woman had her intestines ripped out with a metal bar but the dude is totally right: being forced to stand on a bus is the ultimate discrimination.

hellkell

Fuck AVfM and their rape apologia.

pecunium

re Timmies: When I visit Ottawa I am greeted at the gate with a dry and a four cream coffee.

It tastes of home.

reginaldgriswold
reginaldgriswold

Hellkell: Austin is apparently getting a TJ’s soon, though. Apparently the zoning went through near Seaholm, which is far enough to be annoying via bike from my place, but not too bad if I have the car.

hellkell

Yeah, it’s slated to open 2014. I can’t wait. I think it’s gonna be in that messed up little cluster of condos off Lamar/end of West.

Ithiliana
Ithiliana

Yay Pierre!

Also testing: gravatar (whether or not it shows up on my new computer). Well, new way last fall when Medusa disappeared.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@hellkell

Sadly, it is just called Trader Joe’s Chocolate Cheddar Cheese, but they can’t be the only place that makes one. I hope you find some as it is heavenly.

Yoyo
Yoyo

Congrats, that captured the paranoid qualities perfectly, and the illustration are really pretty x

cloudiah

Swab AVfM — I hope they all get swabbed for chlamydia with swabs made out of legos and porcupine quills. Dude doesn’t mention that women (sometimes) have segregated areas on the buses in India because of the fucking harassment and groping they face. Seriously they are such entitled asshats on so many levels of fuckwittery that I am just boggled.

I can’t wait until they write about Steubenville.

o_o

cloudiah

On a cheerier note, I hope katz will tell us the cat’s name soon.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Doing a drive-by link, The Frisky just put me onto this… http://catmoji.com/

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL I love the kitteh with the paws over the hoomin’s eyes. So thoughtful, keeping the morning sun from waking them up!