announcements comics funny MRA

Pierre Vs. The Manosphere: A Man Boobz-inspired web comic

pierre

Those of you who aren’t regular readers of the comments here may not be aware of A Voice for Pierre, the hilarious new webcomic by regular Man Boobz commenter Katz, inspired by Man Boobz trolls and dopey Boobz more generally. Here’s the first strip, about a poor paranoid MRA afraid to take his sons to Canada lest they be attacked and possibly killed by wild feminists. Naturally, it’s based on a TRUE STORY.

You can find more Pierre at the A Voice for Pierre website.

pierre1

popcornculturejunkie

I love this! 😀

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Whoa! Pierre’s very own article! Yay!

Zimmer
Zimmer

Yes! Pierre!

The inclusion of that hat even in his ‘doctor’ strip had me bowled over laughing about a week ago.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

I read them all, thanks for the link David. I love the cat in the Happy New Year one. 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I’ve added Pierre to my blogroll. 🙂

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

My favorite bit is the fuzzy hat on the cat in the New Year’s comic.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Oh, good idea Kitteh, I’ve plagarised your action. And seeing Katz’s avatar larger on the comic site, I now realise it is not the African Grey Parrot I always thought it was…I blame not wearing glasses while I’m at the computer!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL I’ve seen avatars all wrong too, but Chimera to African Grey Parrot is impressive!

Do you wear glasses for long sight or short sight? I wear ’em for short sight but find it’s much easier using the laptop without them.

hellkell
hellkell

I hope the doofs at AVfM see this. You know they’ll turn purple with the rage of not getting it.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Sad to say, with my age now past 40, I have graduated lenses. I think I am only something like -1.75 in both eyes, but now I have issues threading needles with thread, and crafting with dark coloured yarn at night. Yanking up the project close to my face doesn’t help much either, as I seem to have a narrow range of focus for small objects now.

Worsening eyesight and aching where I broke all my bones when I was younger are the two aspects of ageing I am not enjoying. If only I could stop seeing dust and cobwebs!

clairedammit
clairedammit

Pierre MacKenzie, will you marry me?

pecunium

My vision is so bad that I’m not yet using bifocals, though I am thinking of getting contacts again, at which point I’ll prolly get some reading glasses.

Pierre is going onto my blogs blogroll list.

lowquacks

Could we add AVFP to the “antidotes to boobery” then?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I’ve got multifocals now too. Been wearing specs since I was fifteenish, for short sight, and didn’t need to change the script until a couple of years ago. After a bit of mucking about with ones that didn’t really work, I got the multis, which are much better.

I feel for you about the threading and craft! I used to do hand-sewing – really tiny stuff for 9cm tall historical figures – using size 10 needles, and had no trouble with it (mind you I’d have the things an inch from my nose, lol). But now, yeah, it’d be a lot more difficult, I can’t focus that close any more. The multis aren’t much good for that, it’s too uncomfortable looking through them, but fortunately the ordinary magnifying specs they sell at chemists are just the shot.

Aching bits, yup, me too! Not from broken bones, but from different leg lengths finally catching up with me. Got orthotics a year ago, big improvement, but my knees feel like they’re going to be chronically sore and I can’t kneel at all easily, which makes things tricky.

I have however long since learned to ignore dust and cobwebs. 😛

lowquacks

Wait, since when does Pierre have a surname?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

lowquacks – seconding adding Pierre to Antidotes to Boobery!

titianblue

Ok, now I can see the start of the scene:

Clairedammit: Pierre MacKenzie, will you marry me?
MRA guy listening in: Oh, my god! Don’t answer that! She’s a soul sucking succubus!

Just can’t work out how to fit in hypergamy yet …..

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Perhaps Pierre having worked for the Canadian consulate in Sydney and the NSA and having been a doctor would bring on the hypergamy? (We’ll overlook him being all beta-ish working for Ikea.)

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Kitteh, wow for your patience in producing clothes for little figures. Initially, I got lenses with no correction in the bottom part of the lens, but then I started getting headaches all the time on work days, but no headaches on weekends, which was the hint that it was my lens prescription that was wrong as I don’t wear glasses at home unless I’m going out or watching tv. A visit to my optometrist confirmed my suspicions and I got new lenses but kept the same glasses frames.

i would use contacts, but I have dry eye syndrome as well, which I wonder was due to being a vegetarian. I got that diagnosed about 3 years back by an opthamologist, after my eyes kept being sore and feeling gritty all the time. I’m on fish oil tablets to combat that, and banned from wearing contact lenses. The reason for the contact lens ban is that because I have so many issues producing the correct Omega-3(?) and have associated eyelid membrane issues, the opthamologist doesn’t want me manipulating my eyelids, even just to put in and take out contact lenses each day. /sigh I liked wearing contact lenses too.

lowquacks

When did we establish that the Canadian consulate was in Sydney, or did I miss something? I feel there’s so much Pierre I’m missing out on here.

titianblue

The original MRA poster who phoned the Canadian consulate was from Oz.

Right, I’m off back to the original succubi text for inspiration.

Karalora

@clairedammit – Yay, you used my idea!

@lowquacks – In the forum thread about Pierre, I suggested that his last name be MacKenzie because I worked out a while back that Pierre MacKenzie is the most Canadian possible name.

Radiant Sophia
Radiant Sophia

Loved them, but…
The MRA looks (exactly) like a villain from a t.v. show I watched.

lowquacks

He was too, I remember now! Must’ve just assumed the consulate was in Canada then, with the pine trees in the window and all. Haven’t really dealt with consulates ever so no real idea how they work.

titianblue

Ooh, good point about the pine trees. Confused now.

cloudiah

Pierre is in my blogroll too, which means katz is required to continue producing the comic. IT IS LEGALLY BINDING.

cloudiah

Plus I am to blame for the confusion about the location of the consulate. I had it in Sydney but that kinda didn’t make sense. Writing skills, I don’t got ’em.

lowquacks

A Canadian embassy could be in Australia, but would presumably be in Canberra.

How’s this then?

Clairedammit: Pierre MacKenzie, will you marry me?

Clairedammit: Excuse me!
MRA guy to Pierre, ignoring Clairedammit: Don’t let your evolutionary instincts overcome rational thought or you’ll screw yourself in the end!
Pierre: Look, we’re having a private moment here!
MRA guy: I play this dilemma out in my head every day, man. I’m going to be a vet. I’ll be dug for money like no other.
Clairdammit: Money? What are you talking about?
MRA guy: See! It’s hypergamy!
Pierre: I work at IKEA.

Although personally I like to believe that Pierre was working under cover at IKEA for the NSA ….

lowquacks

Switch “vet” to “senior milking machine technician”, perhaps?

clairedammit
clairedammit

@clairedammit – Yay, you used my idea!

It’s a perfect name! And a couple of comments later, Katz said “Pierre MacKenzie it is.”

titianblue

And for those of us thinking of tracking down Pierre, there is indeed a Canadian consulate in Sydney. Google is my friend.

I had always understood that embassies are in the capital city but that countries often also have consulates in other important non-capitals.

titianblue

I like “senior milking technician”. But will Katz like the scenario?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Well, it works either way, we’re not short of pine trees in Oz. 🙂

There’s an active forum thread about Pierre? Oy, must go check!

Kiwi girl, that’s a pain about having all sorts of other stuff stopping you from using contacts. I tried ’em back in the 80s but they had a nasty habit of folding in half and disappearing into my top lid, and I found it too much hassle in the end. I’m so used to wearing specs, and at least they help a bit when there’s dust and grit blowing about. Plus I get recurring bouts of blepharitis, and I suspect having contacts would make it worse.

It was fun making those figures. I had (still have, stored away) a lot of people from Louis’s court, with changes of clothes.

What sort of craft do you do? I know you do knitting/crochet from Ravelry.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Titianblue, that belongs in the forum post.!

lowquacks

Never knew that about consulates! I’ve walked past that one a few times, I think, most recently when a friend and I were trying to find a bottle shop near Circular Quay station and having absolutely no luck. Course, we missed both of the ones practically just across from the station…

other important non-capitals

Sydney is a capital! Of New South Wales. But still.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

titianblue – love that script!

aworldanonymous

I can’t help but read Pierre as this really distraught Montrealer who for everything he tries, can’t seem to get away from the MRAs.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

G’day, aworldanon, how are you? 🙂

pecunium

Embassies are in capitals, consulates are anyplace the parent Gov’t thinks there is a need/is willing to spend the money to establish one.

lowquacks

aworldanon, what’s the Montrealer stereotype? I can think of some generalisation for every other province I can bring to mind (Nunavut, BC, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta…) except Saskatchewan (not sure if province?) and there.

I’m vaguely aware that they’re quite Francophonic?

lowquacks

I do think of Of Montreal, but they’re from Georgia of all places.

Kiwi girl
Kiwi girl

Kitteh, my talents are knitting and crochet. I have tried sewing, but I’m just no good at anything that isn’t straight edges – so I can make curtains fine, and that’s about it. I have also done some beading, and I am interested in learning how to handmake chain maille; I have a couple of books on that, two pairs of pliers, and some silver jump rings and beads to do my first piece – a bracelet.

I would love to see examples of the types of clothing you made, are there any links so I can be nosy?

kiki
kiki

Embassies are in capitals

ONLY IF THEY HAVE SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT TO SAY ON THE INTERNET

Sarah

*kiki I laughed.

Sorry I don’t have anything more constructive to say!

cloudiah

@kiki LOL

titianblue

Damn you, homophones! *smacks own head against keyboard*

That’s great, kiki.

kiki
kiki

Of course, the irony is, the capitals aren’t necessary. Everything that gets said on the internet is automatically incredibly important.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Kiwi – oooh, chain mail! I like!

Here’s one of someone you might recognise . 😉

And this is Miss Dinah McIver in her 1850s glory. I didn’t make her, just her clothes. A cat doll was too much to resist! She’s much bigger, about 35cm tall.

1 2 3 7