antifeminism MRA reddit top troll TROOOLLLL!! whaaaaa?

Drama! On Reddit, “Mikhael_Varpole” denies everything

Those following the strange tale of Man Boobz’ recently crowned Troll of the Year for 2012 will be intersted to know that someone calling himself Mikhael_Varpole has done a self-post on the Men’s Rights Subreddit claiming that he’s not MRAL after all and declaring me a liar. Here’s his explanation, FWIW.

MRmralvarpoledenial

I’ll be keeping him banned, in any case; even if this serial liar and sockpuppeter is telling the truth about this (highly unlikely, in my opinion), he’s still a serial liar and sockpuppeter.

Also, for the record, he wasn’t using a “similar” IP as Scooby Doo/MRAL; it was the same IP. And he was using the IP before I called him out for sockpuppeting as Torvus Butthorn — which is what he’s referring to, dishonestly of course, when he talks about doxxing.

He’s clearly just trying to stir up more shit, but it looks like the folks in r/mensrights aren’t biting.

Anyway, I guess we can consider this his Troll of the Year acceptance speech.

pecunium

Sad. But it does explain his furor at the “doxxing”.

Freemage
Freemage

I give it a 3 out of 5. It’ll get to 4/5 if he can stick the flounce.

thebewilderness

Wait Wait!! He had points? That David refused to debate?
Well, that changes everything, eh?

hellkell
hellkell

When you lie that big, the lies get bigger and bigger to try to cover one’s ass.

Boo-hoo, Mikey.

hellkell
hellkell

David, how many hopping mad emails did you get from him last night?

Some Gal Not Bored at All

Better than sunshinemary’s speech.

cloudiah

Oh Mr. Al, get help. This is just sad.

Also sad, much more so, is that Gerda Lerner died yesterday. A pioneer in women’s history, who helped found this program.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

This sort of adds to my feeling that the whole Mr Al persona was fake, too. I’m getting the feeling more and more that this is just some smartarse stirring for its own sake, not a kid with problems or whatever. Given he kept up the Steele persona so long, it wouldn’t be past him to have done the same with the Mr Al one.

What a peculiar hobby.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Also, notice how the writing in this one is like Steele without the exaggeratedly bad English? What’s the bet the tosser is just trying to stir things up? I wonder if he was disappointed that everyone was laughing at the trick here and/or feeling a little sorry for his problems? Nobody got mad at all. Bad luck, Mr Al.

whataboutthemoonz

He’s just pretending to rage-quite ’cause he has to go back to school next week.

We should go up-vote the shit out of that post xD

whataboutthemoonz

Shit, this kid earned every pixel on his TotY award poster.

YOU ALREADY WON, STEELE. YOU DON’T HAVE TO KEEP TRYING.

Kitteh, the Mr. Al persona was fake at least to the extent that everything he claimed happened to him was fake, as he admitted later. But there’s a real person behind it all with a real personality that you can start to see through all the socks.

Xanthë

Posting through an IP proxy does weaken the chance of making a successful identification. Maybe Varpole isn’t MRAL… who cares. What is sad is having a stable of identities to trot out whenever convenient. Only a fortnight ago I saw MRAL’s ‘matriarchy’ sock — the one with a striking avatar of a man chained to a giant red stiletto heel with lips — on one of the blogs that hadn’t banned him.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Katz – oh yeah, I just wonder whether that person’s a kid. All the women-spit-on-me hyperbole, the I-am-so-deformed BS, no question that was phoney. But is he even a teenager, or is anything real past the shit-stirrer with a talent for writing and far too much time on his hands? Is even the misogyny part real? I don’t know and I can’t say I particularly care, it’s just like an odd puzzle. I do know he’s not someone I’d ever want to meet, whatever the reality.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Even if MR AL has been honest about his age and his problems, he’d be, what, 21 now? I can’t bring myself to be all “aw, that poor mixed-up kid” about somebody almost my age. I expect more from my peers.

hellkell
hellkell

I’m over the “poor mixed-up kid” thing with him because hooooooooooly fuck, does he have issues. How fucked do your boundaries have to be to repeatedly show up at a place you’ve been explicitly asked to leave? His whole routine smacks of “you can’t tell ME what to do, your no is meaningless.” I hope like hell that whoever he is, he’s not in a relationship, not with those kind of red flags popping up.

clairedammit
clairedammit

And I wonder – how many others has he silenced in this way.

Only all of your sockpuppets, honey, only them.

Tina
Tina

“childish” and “group think mind set”..mmkay…

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

He’s a JAJ – just another jerkwad.

whataboutthemoonz

I just love how he acts like he had real points instead of just showing up here and calling everything Excusemevile.

clairedammit
clairedammit

How many MRA talking points did he hit?

1. falsely accused
2. debating my points
3. silenced
4. GroupThink mindset
5. as it were okay, that’s just a Steele thing
6. frame me
7. dismiss the MRA viewpoint without engaging
8. threatened me with doxxing
9. FLOUNCE

It’s the perfect tri-trifecta.

titianblue
titianblue

Why do I think that someone who uses the word “frankly” three times in one post, possibly isn’t being frank?

Now, I must stop trying to unravel the meaning of his last pargraph & go to bed.

MRSteel is also suffering from an excess of “frankly.”

That was an epic ninja, frankly.

titianblue
titianblue

My first ninja. Frankly, I’m so proud.

Frankly, you should be, to be frank.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Frankly, my dear … If he thinks he’s channelling Rhett Butler, FAIL.

Aims
Aims

I am really fed up with MRAs talking about feminist censorship and silencing. I have never had ONE SINGLE comment of mine published on any MRA blog, youtube channel, article etc. They instantly delete and block me.

They are the ones who won’t confront criticism. They are the censors. They are the ultimate projectors.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

*dies* I just read part of this to my mother and noted that this thread was about to go to the birds, her reply? “I think it already has, frankly” XD

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL Argenti’s Mum!

hippodameia8527
hippodameia8527

How nice to see he’s gone professional as a crank.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

He won’t have nearly as much fun with the MRAs as here. They’re not noted for having a sense of humour, individually or collectively. Whereas Steele did at least prompt some hella funny threads here.

lauralot89

What a pathetic person.

What did he do to finally get his main persona banned here, again?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh, Mr Al, you sad bastard. Even other MRAs don’t want to be your friends.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Didn’t he get banned for making really nasty personal attacks on people here?

drst
drst

He posted as steele for how long and never successfully defended a single point when people were talking with him. In what universe does that constitute “not engaging”?

Also I’m pretty sure on David’s blog he can ban anyone at any time with impunity. He doesn’t need an excuse. These guys just cannot accept that there are personal websites in the world where they can’t dictate what they can and cannot do (and what the site owner must write about, etc.)

lauralot89

Didn’t he get banned for making really nasty personal attacks on people here?

Was that him? I thought that was what NWOSlave ended up on moderation for.

Then again, it’s not as if we’ve ever had a shortage of trolls making nasty personal attacks.

Shiraz
Shiraz

“But frankly I don’t give much a rip.”

Much a rip? Is that an expression? I think “I don’t give a flying fig” or “flying handshake (yep, Buckaroo Banzai reference)” would have better suited his need to sound square, super mad and unconvincingly earnest.

Bee
Bee

What did he do to finally get his main persona banned here, again?

I think he was just super annoying and kept going between being kind of nice but intensely clueless and super RAGEY and even more clueless than that. Also, he said his therapist thought it would be better if he didn’t spend all his time posting here, but then he never stopped being obsessed with Manboobz and continued to spend all his time here. Then, he admitted to trolling and said he was going to stop, in a huge emotional outpouring where everyone told him how happy they were that he was kind of, finally, on the road to not being a complete asshole; but then he continued being a huge asshole.

Something like that.

Shiraz
Shiraz

So, we’re this guy’s version of cocaine? Huh.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I don’t actually remember why he was initially banned, other than that there was a clear consensus that a. he had overstayed his welcome and b. being here wasn’t helping him either.

thebewilderness

You denied him your audience and by so doing you have silenced him? Another Inego Montoya moment from a member in good standing of the abuser lobby.

atomicgrizzly
atomicgrizzly

I laughed through the whole thing. That sentence “How man others has he silenced this way?” written in italics for emphasis… perfect! It’s like you’ve committed some kind of atrocity by banning horrid commenters.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You know, thinking back, he never did respond to the comments I made saying that I thought he was a Poe. If nothing else he’s finally learned some self-restraint.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@CasssandraSays

Learning to fly more below the radar isn’t exactly a great skill for someone with his views to have. Ick.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Yeah, that’s why I wish people would stop congratulating him. Why encourage him to keep doing this shit?

atomicgrizzly
atomicgrizzly

In David’s defense, he’s only congratulating him on being king asshat.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Not David, I mean there are comments that seem to be impressed that he pulled it off more than appalled that he would do something so completely batshit. I don’t get it, but I’m sure the little creep is patting himself on the back as he reads them.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I don’t know if I hope that he’ll be frustrated he provoked so little anger (which shows he’s mega-fucked-up or that he’ll be encouraged by our laughter to try this shit again. The more I think about it, the more the initial “Holy Shit” becomes the only good thing and the more the creepy overshadows even the pleasure of a surprise. The length of time he was at this when he could have been growing the fuck up is distressing. (Although event that assumes his age was right initially, which is reasonable but still just a guess. If he’s in his forties, that brings up a whole lot of other distressing things.)

lauralot89

Yeah, I definitely did not want to congratulate him. Realizing he was back AGAIN was just all sorts of creepy. It’s like a really shitty and unenjoyable horror film with an awful villain that does manage to have that one unsettling twist.

1 2 3 4