Tom Martin top troll TROOOLLLL!! whaaaaa?

The Man Boobz Troll of the Year Award for 2012 goes to … MRAL! No, that’s not a typo.

scoobydoounmask

The votes are in and the winner of the highly coveted Man Boobz Troll of the Year Award for 2012 is … MRAL!

Wait, you say, he wasn’t even on the ballot?

Well, no. The troll that got the most votes from you, my dear readers, was the verbose anti-Man Boobz crusader known as Steele —  also known as Mikhael Varpole and, briefly, as Torvus Butthorn. Indeed, Steele cruised to victory, getting 47% of the vote, as compared with the 33% received by Tom Martin, his only real competitor. (Dr. Pell came in third, with a mere 6% of the total.)

But as it turns out we’ve been played, big time. The troll we know and love as Steele turns out to have been MRAL all along.

Yes, that MRAL – the long banned commenter who cannot seem to walk away from this blog. We’ve uncovered and banned many of his previous sockpuppets, but somehow he managed to slip his boldest sockpuppet right by us.

Oh, sure. I and others here often wondered if Steele was for real; it seemed pretty clear to me that he couldn’t possibly believe everything he said. But it wasn’t until I went back  to some of “Steele’s” earliest comments here, in preparation for this post, that I discovered how justified these suspicions had been. Turns out that one of “Mikhael Varpole’s” IP addresses matched one used by an earlier troll, Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, who had been outed as MRAL a couple of months earlier.

D’OH!

“Torvus Butthorn” really should have been a dead giveaway. But otherwise the highly dedicated MRAL did a masterful job of keeping his troll character consistently ridiculous yet plausible enough to not be an obvious phony, and of hiding his particular obsessions in such a way that he didn’t give himself away.

So, congrats, MRAL, and you’re banned again.

After this, the rest of the results are a bit of an anticlimax.

Sunshine Mary wins the Special-est Snowflake award for Female MRA Trolls, with 52% of the vote. Driversuz comes in second with 32%.

Tom Martin easily wins the Worst Human Being award with a stunning 73% to David K Meller’s 22%.

Some Guy Bored With Your Schtick wins Most Tiresome with 58% of the vote; Diogenes is a distant second with 24%.

And JudgyBitch wins Most Pathetic Vote Beggar.

I hope they’re not all MRAL too.

deezers
deezers

Strong coffee with lots of sweetened soya for me, and a good ‘cupan tae’ (that’s a proper Irish cup of tea – milky and strong!)

Ginseng right this moment though.

So, I got all derailed from these comments by reading Tom Martin’s rants on B&W (like a year ago or more, during his ill fated court case). In the comments he confirmed that he is literally the worst guy ever, but his rants are also quite funny and a bit sad. I mean, although he blames Muslim children for their own rapes and calls them whores to boot (the charmer), he also says things like ‘I am suing some books’, and he has a really cute little colour-coded male-shaming theory. It goes like this – if a stupid man (see Tom Martin) says something stupid and you call him stupid, then that is code duck-egg blue and you are a misandrist due to anti-male stupid-shaming. There’s just nothing to take seriously, and that’s before we get anywhere near his opinions on those fat, money-grabbing, squawking little whores in the Antarctic.

Bless him, I wonder how he feels when he opens his eyes in the morning? I bet it’s weird, knowing you have to go through your days being him. *shudder*

Anyway, the derailment means that I missed some conversation opportunities from ex-MRAs and ex-sorta-MRAs. Carlyblue, Wee Boy and Fox, I did read your responses and really appreciate you taking the time to respond. It just genuinely baffles me that this is something that can be long term for many people.

I can understand getting into it, there are definitely men’s issues that need to be addressed and it may seem like a good place to start, particularly if you have been exposed to negative feminism stereotypes. But the lack of any reason, research or real intelligent thought (particularly on sites like AVFM and Men Going Somewhere As Far Away From Me As Possible Hopefully) just seems to glaring to ignore, and I wondered about people who kinda fell into it and, after a while, realised just how sort of fruitless, computer-based, and hateful it seems to be.

Anyway, really happy that none have you have that level of hate in your hearts! Also they rarely if ever post videos of kittens and tiny bulldogs on AVFM, so, instant fail really.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Hellkell, I’m taking it that’s 46F not 46C at this time of year! Brrr, 7.7C. That’s overnight temps in the depth of winter for Melbourne.

Oh gosh, you wouldn’t like it here. We had a high of about -20C on the 25th. Of course it reached about 0 three days later so far be it for me to complain!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Viscaria – whoot! That is cold. I’ve never encountered cold that extreme, so I don’t know how I’d manage. On the assumption that indoor heating was adequate, I wouldn’t mind, I think; it’s being stuck in a cold house that gives me the wibblies. I flat-minded once during a really cold winter (by our standards) in a place with rising damp and only one small electric heater, and was almost crying with the ache of the cold. It was certainly cold in November ’11 up in Illinois, but not real-snow cold, we just had a few flakes and I wasn’t in heavy winter gear.

deezers – ” those fat, money-grabbing, squawking little whores in the Antarctic.”

Love it. Just love it! 😀

Ymata

Delurking to commiserate with Kitteh’s about the weather in Melbourne. Grumblemoan, etc.

Also adding my support for white tea for thenatfantastic to try! Make sure to brew it with cooler water though, boiling water makes it bitter.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Ymata – grumblemoan sums it up!

Viscaria
Viscaria

That’s terrible! 🙁 You’re right, though, that would probably never happen here because adequate heating is too crucial. I suppose it’s like how we all swelter the 3 or 4 days a year that gets up to 30 degrees, because nobody has AC or anything like that — why bother, when you so rarely need it? But if you live in a warm climate, everybody has AC, and 30 degrees is perfectly manageable.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Back for 3 hours, blockquote failure. lolol XD

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

It was -10~ °c this morning, should’ve kept my mother waiting longer, she dragged me out in the car with no heat.

Things I hate, in order of hatred: spiders, cold, assholes.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“Back for 3 hours, blockquote failure. lolol XD”

SYSTEM RECOGNITION

YOU HAVE NOW OFFICIALLY RETURNED

WELCOME BACK TO THE WORLD OF MANBOOBZ

The daft thing here is that we’re always getting “helpful” advice in the papers and so on about how to choose an AC system, install it, how to do things to avoid using it too much (electricity prices are monstrous) and so on, which totally overlooks that there are a lot of people renting who simply don’t have the option to do any structural changes. If you’re in an older house with none of that, sucks be to you is basically the message. Speaking as one of those people, I would LOVE to be able to install solar panels, and grey water systems, and all the rest of it, but I will never have the money to own a home and do so.

The really scary thing is that our summers are going to get hotter. The continent is having the biggest heatwave on record at the moment, for the sheer area covered – this is 50C + in the inland deserts. Elderly people or those with health problems died during the last severe summer we had. It was over 40C for a week in the lead up to the Black Saturday fires; IIRC almost as many people died from heat-related causes as died in the fires themselves. My Katie passed over that week (she had cancer) and our vet said they had a lot of otherwise healthy animals in the clinic who’d been brought in with heat stress and were on intravenous drips.

Bugger this weather thing for a lark.

chaiandmuffins

Bugger this weather thing for a lark.

(Blockquote success!? *holds breath*)

Melbourne, eh? I was at the Gold Coast last week and expected it to be super hot, but it was only 28-30C and humid, and the temperature was pretty much the same each day. Gobsmacked.

Sorry for weather derail, we like to complain about it here. Although I suspect everyone everywhere complains about their weather 🙂

hrovitnir

Oliver is SO GODDAMN PRETTY. One of our APBT x’s must be part Rhodesian Ridgeback because she looks like a weird stumpy, slightly too bully one so Oliver reminds me of her crossed with our AB. <3

That Capybara site cracks me up so much. I also love rats so Capybaras rock my world. Although obviously they look more Guinea Pig-ish.

And Kitteh, so much feeling you. NZers always talk about how much better Aussie weather is. Fuuuck that. Wellington is having a hot summer, which means highs of 26ish (78F) and I AM DYING. I like cold weather, kthx.

chaiandmuffins

Oops, chaiandmuffins = Ymata.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::waves to hrovtnir across the Tasman::

26 is as hot as it ever needs to get for me! Even when it’s mild here, like in the mid teens, if the sun is out it has a real sting to it. Damn you, ozone layer hole! ::shakes fist::

Someone asked my sister if her dog’s a Rhodesian ridgeback cross once. Her dog is a corgi/some unknown variety of terrier so I have no idea what put that into their head.

CassandraSays

Hmm, really strong teas for someone who can’t taste tea…I’d suggest Lapsang Souchoung for starters. You should be able to smell as well as taste that. For a REALLY strong tea you could try pu-erh. As far as the basic Indian teas go, Assam tends to be bitter and a bit astringent, Ceylon has a good robust flavor without the astringency, Darjeeling is sort of floral but a bit delicate for anyone who wants a strong tea, Keemun is strong but pleasantly mellow (and a nice color), Yunnan is nice and smoky but not as much so as a Lapsang. I generally prefer the Chinese black teas over the Indian ones, and the Japanese green teas over the Chinese ones.

Green tea made from teabags is pretty weak, since what you’re getting is basically just the stuff left on the floor after they’ve packaged up the part they can sell as loose-leaf tea (this is true for black tea too, but less of a problem than with green since it’s stronger to begin with). Some of the Japanese packaged green tea actually has flavor, but the Western ones aren’t worth buying imo. The good stuff should be grassy and vegetal and have a color somewhere between clear light green and a really bright green that almost looks like spinach (aracha and kukicha brew up very green). Japanese green tea is easier to brew properly than the Chinese greens, so maybe better for a beginner. It’s really easy to overbrew the Chinese greens and that makes them unpleasantly bitter, the basic Japanese greens like Ryokucha are a bit more robust.

For anyone who likes sweet scented teas rose congou is worth a try if you haven’t tried it already. I’m kind of meh about jasmine tea, will drink it if someone gives it to me but I never buy it, but rose congou I love, brewed nice and strong on a cold day.

@ lauralot specifically

If you like hot green tea when you’re sick then aracha or kukicha would be worth trying, I always find both of those comforting when I’m feeling a bit under the weather, especially the deep steamed versions (identifiable if you can see the actual leaves because they’re a darker green color). I feel like the open up the airways the same way soup does.

(This has been your tea geek comment for today. Tea is for me like wine is for some people, so many different types and all so different!)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

For a REALLY strong tea you could try pu-erh.

I totally read that as purr-eh.

CassandraSays

RE tannins in tea, Assam is the worst culprit in terms of the unpleasant feelings that some people get from consuming tannins. I love almost all tea but Assam makes even me feel a bit funny, especially on an empty stomach, which is why it puzzles me that it’s in so many breakfast blends. It’s really not the most gentle thing on an empty stomach. The smoky teas like Yunnan and Lapsang tend to be less tannin-y, for anyone who has that issue.

@Kittehs

The comment about people “giving” their spouses sex made me want to vomit too, so you’re not alone. Sex is supposed to be fun, and it’s really not if you’re doing it out of a sense of obligation or guilt. Forcing that on your partner is a great way to put them off sex in general, at least sex with you.

CassandraSays

Pu-ehr is the “gotcha” for anyone who thinks tea has no flavor. It has flavor all right…you may not like the flavor, but it definitely has it! There’s a tea place here that serves it and I find the disclaimers on their menu hilarious, they really do try to warn people off who might not appreciate a drink quite that strong.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Cassandra – and you notice how it never really works out that the woman gets to make the same demands upon the man. The “sharing” or “one flesh” thing is very much him having an Access All Areas card to her body to be used at any time, not the other way around. The idea that women (who supposedly don’t enjoy or initiate sex) have any right to say no or just be left alone never enters the conversation.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

And purr-eh (or purr-ew) is when you find a cat hair at the bottom of your cup AFTER you finish drinking.

hrovitnir

*waves back* People have totally bizarre ideas about breeds. I love guessing dog breeds but I do not know what gets in some people’s heads. That dog… corgicorgicorgi. lol S/he’s a cutie!

CassandraSays

At least the “must provide sexual satisfaction” thing in Islam is assumed to apply to men too. Whoever said that Sunshine Mary is basically projecting her own sexual fetish onto the rest of the population got it exactly right. It’s creepy – nothing wrong with having a fetish, but boundaries are important, and it’s really not polite to include strangers in your sex life without their consent.

I’m really not sure what to say to Evito other than that I don’t think she’s cast off the remnants of her MRA-friendly upbringing nearly as much as she thinks when it comes to sex.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

She is! Her name’s Sally. She’s a sweetheart. I may not see her many times more, the sis is moving interstate in a few weeks and Sal’s 15, so … yeah.

There’s definitely something terrierish in there, her face isn’t corgiish. Sis likes corgi crosses, she’s had a few. Her Laddie was sold as a corgi cross but we think she was diddled, lol. He’s probably got some Sheltie in there, but looks less and less corgiish as he grows up. These days he looks like a giant, fluffy, slightly pre-used teddy bear with a mega-feathery tail.

(Yes, that’s Laddie as in a bad pun on Lassie.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Well, that’s the longest link ever …

hrovitnir

Hahaha. Long links are fine! How do you make links show up as your writing on this blog?? She does indeed have a pointy little face. <3 And 15! The nice thing about small dogs. *wistful*

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

The code for links as text is [a href=”URL of what you’re linking to”]text you want to use instead[ /a] but with arrow brackets instead of square ones.

Yeah, if I were a dog servant instead of a cat servant I don’t think I could have the big breeds that live such a short time. When ten years is old for ones like Danes … couldn’t go through that so often.

My boss’s daughter had a Great Dane x mastiff. Gorgeous dog – tall as a Dane and heavy as a mastiff and the sweetest nature. I’d swear there was some Clydesdale in his ancestry, though. He was so big I could sit on him! He passed over last year at 13.

Kitties, though … well, our Magnus was nearly 22 when he went. Probably something to do with being related to Greebo!

hrovitnir

THANK YOU. I’m sure Google could have told me, but still. Much thankfulness.

Again, I’d be unlikely to get a purebred, but I’ve always love Irish Wolfhounds. 8-10 years is TOO SHORT. 🙁 Of course, I also have rats, and 2-3 years gets… difficult.

22 is amazing! Oldest cat I’ve ever met (to euthanise) was 24… and looked around 10, he was amazing! But started having seizures that weren’t responding to treatment. I only hope my cats get anywhere near 20.

I have 8 cats, 2 old boys (10ish and anywhere from 12-17) I adopted in the last couple of years and the rest are 5-6. I am NOT looking forward to them getting old together. 8(

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Whoa, eight! Most I’ve had was five. We have two now, one’s five and the other sixteenish. I can’t imagine attending to the needs and wants* of eight kittehs!

It is rotten when several are likely to go around the same time. Magnus and two of our others went within six months – Mags and one of them in about a week of each other. Not a good time.

You mentioned euthanasing one – are you a vet, or work at an animal shelter? (Ignore me if that’s something you’d rather not mention online.)

pecunium

Judaism says it’s a woman’s right to a decent sex life. If she isn’t getting one it’s grounds for divorce. I like Peur-eh. I like black teas. The trick to chinese green teas is to use cooler water to brew them.

Bee
Bee

I keep meaning to ask … when was Bill Bixby a Scooby Doo villain?

Or is that Bert Convy?

CassandraSays

About green tea…yes, I know, which is part of the reason the Japanese teas are more user-friendly for beginners. Even if your water is too hot it doesn’t make them undrinkable.

LBT
LBT

Wow. On the one hand, I’m disappointed my candidate (Tom Martin) didn’t win… but that is some pretty solid trolling there. Though I seem to be one of the few who doesn’t feel like congratulating our Troll of the Year. The more I see of him, the bigger the side-eye. (At least this means I feel better about using my free time writing about aliens and mythological Jewish empires?)

I drink a good amount of peppermint tea. I get nauseated really easily (yay, eating disorders) and it seems to help calm my stomach. Which is nice, since though I can and have forcefed myself for weeks on end, I really prefer to enjoy my food.

@ LBT

Nope, I’m with you. His dedication to pestering the people on this forum isn’t impressive so much as it is disturbing. There is something very wrong with that boy.

hrovitnir

Excessively long answer for Kitteh: I’m a vet nurse. 🙂 Going back to uni next year though, still tossing up whether to go for vet in 2014. I have been in the industry for about 7 years, nursing on and off for about 5, but only finished my certificate in 2011. But obviously that experience would be extremely useful in vet! Tossing up whether I really want to deal with 5 years of study + getting established + such long days and not really great pay for the expectations.

8 kitties is not so bad! I fostered 5 kittens that would have been PTS for ringworm when I was an animal handler at the SPCA (they euth because it’s SO contagious and takes SO LONG to get rid of and there are SO MANY kittens, it really is sensible… but you get really sick of killing cats and I already had ringworm from a complaint case -neglected/abused dog- anyway) and kept them (I no longer foster :P). A couple of years later I took 2 kittens from work that at 16 weeks were petrified of handling despite time with them (our vet will take surrenders, desex/vacc etc and sell, and desex mum for cost). Then one was probably stolen (he’s microchipped and registered so I just hope he’ll come home one day 8( ).

A few years after that when I was volunteering I took an old boy who was going to be PTS at the SPCA because he had a fairly bad heart murmur, then last year I took an old extremely obese girl because her owner who loved her dearly had to go into a home and her family didn’t care. Horribly, she was killed by one of our dogs when my partner left her alone with him and she was probably drinking out of his bowl. She’d become our most attentive kitten and it was awful.

Last but not least a client of ours had an awesome older cat that basically she let her now-husband push out by his dislike and addition of multiple dogs that chased him: brought him in underweight and half-starved with an old abscess, first time she’d seen him in 8 months and her neighbours brought him round… I offered to take him. (He does fine with our dogs because they aren’t loose with the cats.)

So yeah. They don’t get the attention 1-3 cats would, or even 8 without all our other beasts, but they get daily cuddles and are super affectionate/happy, and I’d never want to have just one or two again.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@hrovitnir do you work in the US? I just finished a training course for vet assistants (can’t afford to go into a tech program atm), and I’m having the worst luck finding a job 🙁

You made it past the 5-year mark, which is where 50% of people burn out – got any tips for staying sane?

leftwingfox

Best of luck timetravellingfool with your OkCupid Adventures!

pecunium

Cassandra: Sorry, I didn’t write that well. I’ll blame the hour, and the horrid symptom of this cold (my right ear is clogged, on the inside, so I am half deaf. It’s unpleasant, disconcerting, and reminds of being deathly ill with something else).

It was a general observation, since most non-tea drinkers don’t know, and the common wisdom is the water needs to be boiling.

CassandraSays

Blech, I hate it when one ear is blocked, it makes you feel so unbalanced.

pecunium

There was a time when we had a lot of animals. Some of them (the snakes/mice) didn’t take large amounts of time, on an individual level).

Some (the chickens) were more resource than pets. We had a lot of eggs.

The Horses took work, and so did 50ish guinea pigs. The dogs took time.

But if you look at absolute numbers of animals, it was sort of scary.

pecunium

I find it also moves the world further away, and so I am muzzy-headed. I think I feel vaguely alienated. That, and the sense of constant pressure, it’s not as if one can stop noticing it.

But I have decent coffee, and cheese, and spinning I can play with, and the like.

Historophilia
Historophilia

Awww man, the summer before last I suffered from two really stubborn ear infection in a row which left me nearly completely deaf (but luckily in no pain) for over two weeks at a time.

Ever since then, every time I get a cold my ears get blocked up and I lose my hearing.

So I can sympathize with your plight pecuniam.

I felt like a right prat the last really bad cold I had. I was doing an internship,and one job they asked me to do was to transcribe the recordings of some interviews they did. I literally couldn’t do it because my hearing was so poor! I had to tell them I couldn’t do it because my ears were blocked, they were fine about it but talk about embarrassing.

CassandraSays

Try to imagine attempting to review music when one of your ears is temporarily out of service. It’s especially hard when using headphones, since a lot of music now is balanced in such a way that some parts of it you only hear through one side.

pecunium

Yeah. I suspect this is related to the aforementioned deathly ill. I’ve had intermittent issues with my ears ever since. Allergies seem to have been added to the list. I’m also prone to wax blockages (as I head toward TMI), because I have very narrow exterior canals.

hrovitnir

Woah pecunium, 50 guinea pigs? Did you eat them or were they pets? The most rats I’ve ever had was close to 30 and I know someone that had nearly 100 at one point – don’t work as too disabled, took a lot of rescues. That was a brief peak though.

emilygoddess – I live in New Zealand. Job market’s not great, don’t think it’s as dire as the US though. Re: advice, it’s hard to say! There was actually a year in there were I went elsewhere but that was due to working with some unbelieveable arseholes, not the job. I don’t know if I would keep doing it forever due to the crap hours and crap money but maybe if I worked somewhere good? I do love the job for all that it’s a lot of cleaning. I was amazed when I came back to realise how much I enjoy it. Unfortunately my boss is absolutely awful, and I cannot keep working for him, so that solidifies my need to look at a higher paying career.

Nurses in NZ do all the cleaning, we also do the handling/holding for bloods/taking bloods and place catheters in some clinics. Run diagnostic tests, take radiographs, monitor anaesthetics, scrub in to assist with surgery in some cases, can do dentals and sometimes neuters. But I believe techs in the US do some consults and just get the vet if needed? We don’t do stuff like that.

For advice in general I feel it’s finding a point between too soft and too hard. Helpful, eh? 😛 Having started at the SPCA I was pretty OK with euthanasia from the start and I can’t really tell you how I was. Periodically you really like that animal or you’re having a bad day and it makes you cry but normally it’s sad and you move on.

You have to do a lot of things they don’t like, and you have to hurt them. You don’t get a lot of time to pat them and a lot of clinics can frown on you making time to do so. HOWEVER I’ve noticed almost all the nurses I’ve worked with that have stayed more than a year or so have ended up losing empathy and I do not approve. Little things like keeping cats in carry cages when you’re not sure how long they’ll be stuck there because it’s annoying to clean out another cage after they leave. Not checking litter trays one more time before you go home because you are so over it by then, but they usually need it done. Kicking a dog’s cage because it’s waking up disorientated from anaesthesia and won’t shut up.

I don’t know if that’s at all helpful. I feel I could do this job forever if I worked at a clinic I liked. One woman on my course worked somewhere that she absolutely loved, that was always really busy, that had specialists but also did lots of low cost stuff, did small and large animals, and *everyone got on*. Jealousy.

Good luck!!

pecunium

hrovotnir: We got them as a sort of rescue (petstore my ex was working went to purely reptiles) and since guinea pigs who don’t breed by 3-4 months can have serious problems if they later get pregnant (hip fusion), we wanted to be sure anyone who got one of them from us couldn’t accidentally cause problems. So we made sure each female had littered once.

That adds up.

But they were so much fun to watch; and the sound when one went to feed one of the pens… Sheer joy.

Hrovitnir – thank you for that really long reply! 🙂

I think you’d like the clinic I go to. They’re definitely an empathetic bunch.

I had a laugh when I was up there recently. One of the nurses had her dogs in for the day. One was the biggest standard Poodle I’ve ever seen – not fat, just really, really tall. His name was … Dave. Like another client said, what else would you call a French poodle but Dave? (My French cafe-owner rolled his eyes and said “Why didn’t they just go for Bob?” when I told him this.)

Anyway Dave was mooching around the back office, which you can see from the reception desk, and He Did A Smell. Talk about biological warfare. You could practically see the Cloud of Death rolling out, up and over the desk.

And boy did Dave look pleased with himself!

lowquacks
lowquacks

Did we really just get this far about “proper tea” on a predominantly leftist forum without a Proudhon joke?

@Cloudiah – Should we add something about DKM’s doll fetish and list him as largely inactive? Or dormant, maybe, like a volcano?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

lowquacks, good to see you! How was your Christmas and New Year?

hrovitnir

Ahh, yes. That’s a lot of guinea pigs! I sometimes think it’d be cool to have a ton of guinea pigs all doing there own thing in the back yard. 😛

Re: Dave, ohhhh yeah. I love human names for animals, the more jarring the better. And standard Poodles are cool. 😀

pecunium

hrovotnir: Guinea pigs will eat anything which is vegetal, so they will be on dirt… well no, they will in short order be on a bed of compacted pellets.

That layer (we’d move the enclosures every three weeks or so), was amazing compost. I’ve never seen any manure which was better than guinea pig scat for using as compost. And it doesn’t reek, the way compacted horse manure does (the urine doesn’t end up with the sulphurous notes, and I don’t think it ends up being anaerobic).

Rabbit makes pretty good manure too.

titianblue
titianblue

Chicken manure is also incredible and I can totally recommend it as a compost starter.