kitties top troll TROOOLLLL!!

Vote Now for Man Boobz Troll of the Year! UPDATE: POLLS CLOSE EARLY

catsvoting

UPDATE: THE POLLS ARE CLOSED. Polldaddy pulled a little switcheroo on me, so I’ve got to pull a little switcheroo on you. I thought it was free, but it turns out that once you get more than 200 responses to a survey in any given month, you have to pay them $200 for a year’s memebership in order to see the rest of the results. Yikes! So I’m just closing the polls instead, and will announce the winners tomorrow. If it’s any consolation, all the winners won by large margins, so I doubt there would have been any upsets if I kept the polls open longer.

And the polls are open! Vote for Man Boobz Troll of the Year, and any of the other special awards you wish to vote for.

The polls will remain open until January 1, when I will write up the results and declare the official winners!

Feel free to campaign for your favorites in the comments below.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

I haven’t been paying attention. 😛

Argenti Aertheri

I’m torn on ToTY – Steele’s ten page rants, or Joe claiming that my existing while non-binary supports nazism?!

Steele’s butchering of English might win this one.

SunshineMary, Tom Martin, DtC, and John Anderson for the rest, respectively. You’re trying too hard talacaris.

Hmm…Steele or Joe?!

whataboutthemoonz

STEELE! STEELE! STEELE! STEELE!

Imagine me with my face painted half blue and half gold with a giant VYLE flag and a #1 foam finger.

pecunium

The real test, of course, will be the performance after the award. NWO was so overwhelmed he could maintain the level of art he had established in the course of prior years.

Vile, Vile, Vile!

I remember, but Joe really pissed me off that day. Of course, it was one day, versus months of aggravation.

deezers
deezers

I love so much that Tom Martin thinks that Beyoncé’s lyrics are LITERALLY about her life. Like she genuinely doesn’t think you’re in any way ready for her jelly.

cherabushka

Does no one else think DKM is the best troll??? I found his ideas of a segregated “utopia” where “sweet old fashioned girls” only served men as strippers and prostitutes more amusing than Tom Martin’s fixation on the word “whore”.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

Joe claiming that my existing while non-binary supports nazism?!

Wat.

Wat.

pecunium

DKM is certainly a contender. I think his candidacy is suffering from his lack of recent activity. I think he is more interesting than Tom Marti in that his worldview is more complete, and his working of his racisms into his sexisms is more wholistic.

That he doesn’t see how much his Gorean Fantasies are played out in his Mellibertopia is one of his charms. But lately his frustration seems to be keeping him to the limited role of stalking old threads in the hope of slipping in the last word so he can claim, “VICTORY!!!!!!”, rather than have to suffer the ignominy of stalking in, telling is, “how it is” and having to leave with his ass on a plate, after lots of women and, mewling excuses for men, have handed it to him

Argenti Aertheri

“The Nazis loved the binary! They even made the binary even more binary, because they loved it so much!”

Feminism was founded by nazis and the existence of trans* / non-cis people is a feminist idea, thus anyone “claiming” to be non-binary has bought some feminist delusion and supports nazis by extension. Or something similar to that (want to explain it again Joe?)

Needless to say, I stopped listened since I was seeing red. (And hi again! Glad to see you’re still around after my hiatus.)

Carleyblue
Carleyblue

I think I’ve said it before, but for me David K. Meller is really on a whole other level than most of the trolls here. I really have to wonder how he functions in the ‘real’ world . Yes, Tom Martin is pretty foul (especially his views on child prostitution), but I can see him interacting with people, maybe some people agrreing with his basic beliefs. I can’t imagine anyone I know not being shocked/horrified/amused at reading Meller’s posts. The funniest thing is that he’s convinced everyone else is disturbed rather than him. He hasn’t been around much lately though, it seems. Wonder where he is? One day his time as troll of the year wil come…

Argenti Aertheri

Jose’s rejection of zie/zir & xie, is over here – http://manboobz.com/2012/07/22/far-from-ok-cupid/comment-page-4/#comment-179531

Some nice Steele, NWO and Pell (JeanM) in there too.

Argenti Aertheri

Joe, not Jose, damned stylus!

Meller was my vote last year, but he just isn’t current enough to be a contender now, IMO.

Monster

*de lurk* It was a tough choice between Steele and Meller for me. Had to give it to Steele for consistency in posting though, Meller hasn’t posted for a while has he? But he had such an intriguing (ahem) worldview.

I spent far too much time pondering/worrying about how he functions in the real world.

*relurk*

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

>>>Jose’s rejection of zie/zir & xie, is over here

This is such a common line of argument that there should be a named fallacy for those who don’t understand that in 1984, Newspeak was about the destruction of old words, not the creation of new ones. That the point was to disallow any possibility of nuance. Something is good or ungood, with plus or doubleplus for emphasis… there is no ‘evil’, ‘evil’ is just anything ungood… Presumably ‘woman’ as a word would also disappear, there would be ‘man’ and ‘unman’, because if ‘woman’ is not simply the inverse of ‘man’ there is the possibility of a non-binary kept inside the mind of people. If anything, Insoc would not create ‘zie’, it would eliminate ‘she’.

Steele
Steele

And I say again – with this being so – it is YOU (that is, Boobzland) who were adopting an Orwellian stance when you refused to recognize that “misandry” could have more than one definition. It is YOU who are the suppressors; feminists who primarily seek to control language. Contemptible.

But you won’t recognize that, because you’re a dishonest coward and a feminist scumbag.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

For me, TOTY is a close call between Tom Martin and Steele, but I think Martin’s appearances here are simply much more monumental than Steele’s. The former is like a nuclear meltdown that eats its way to the planet’s core, while the latter is like a ghost that has to run away once you learn its name. They both have their merits, but the sheer memorability of Martin settles it.

I’m surprised more people haven’t said they’re giving Driversuz the Snowflake—her letter to random college women is, like, a blizzard of special snowflakes.

Also, there needs to be another category: Most Clueless. Most of the trolls are pretty clueless, but I think that someone like Otis the Sweaty, who made basic mistakes with pretty much every statement he tried to make, would take that particular cake.

OT, but I think the regulars would find this roundup of psychic predictions for 2012 to be interesting and amusing:

MKlein
MKlein

Wow, I see there are actually trolls on a thread about TROLLS. That’s hardcore.

Also, um, yeah – the Nazis were reactionaries who were ALL ABOUT THE BINARY GENDER ROLES. This is historical fact.

Argenti Aertheri

“Argument ad Orwell? You could also apply it to people who use it to attack socialists in general rather than Stalinists and other totalitarians, or who think Orwell was a conservative right-winger.”

I like it. Odds of me getting yelled at for using it IRL are high, my father is one of those “all communists are evil” people (of course he is)

talacaris
talacaris

Otis was deliberately clueless,

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Heheh can you imagine how TM would go trying to talk to anyone who doesn’t share his beliefs, though? He’d get one conversation (probably a brief one) per person if he throws in the W word as often as he did here, or started on about penguins and chairs. People would be edging away in no time.

Steele, stop whining, you prat, you’re getting votes without a last-minute push.

whataboutthemoonz

“I think Martin’s appearances here are simply much more monumental than Steele’s. The former is like a nuclear meltdown that eats its way to the planet’s core, while the latter is like a ghost that has to run away once you learn its name.”

RumpleSTEELEskin??? 😀

cloudiah

Perhaps you were wondering what Steele was doing with his free time, now that he’s cut back on commenting here. Wonder no more!

My favorite comment is this one.

Times they are “a changin'” as Woody Allen would say.

cloudiah

In the immortal words of Billy Bragg,

Caribbean Queen
Now we’re sharing the same dream
And our hearts they beat as one
No more love on the run

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

It’s like Billy Crystal said, “You talkin’ to me?”

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

As Moe Howard said, “Make my day, punk!”

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

As Abraham Lincoln famously asked, “Why does Rice play Texas?” And the answer, indubitably vyle, most indeed as with the seats of chairs, is because it is hard.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

When Rudolph Valentino famously wrote, “To be or not to be, that is the question …”

cloudiah

Kitteh, I am pretty sure that was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer who said that.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Okay, Tulgey wins! 😀

cloudiah

I will always remember how moved I was to hear John Lennon sing,

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Cloudiah, they were the same person. Rudy Valentino just worked part-time for Santa between films.

Cogito ergo sum.

Or in Steele’s case, non cogito ergo sum.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“Cogito ergo sum.”

Hey, it’s Danny Kaye!

Argenti Aertheri

Warning, google translate is insisting that the negative applies to sum (I am), not cogito (I think), please ignore google translate and use logic instead 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

But using logic is vyle MISANDRY!

Touché.

Amazingly, accent marks are easier on the iPad. Auto correct doesn’t totally fail.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Is there a way to do accent marks in comments from a common-or-garden keyboard?

::slinks to corner of html shame::

Argenti Aertheri

Bring up a character map, or use a Unicode chart.

Windows character map directions and on Mac. Unicode chart — by number and by language.

whataboutthemoonz

I want to adopt Steele so much, but then he goes and says that “having sex” with drunk people isn’t rape and that feminists pretending it is leads to women in India getting gang raped to death and I’m like “Nope, does not want.”

I voted you troll of the year, Steele. Why would you do this to me? :'(

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Thanks Argenti! 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Testing, testing

Française

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Whoot!

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

Morkais, and what would that be?

whataboutthemoonz

Shut the fuck up, cynic.

Diogenes The Cynic
Diogenes The Cynic

whatabout

I’m terribly hurt. Gonna go to the corner and lick my wounds now. BRB.

whataboutthemoonz

Lick them with acid.

Argenti Aertheri

Kitteh I’m always happy to provide HTML help, and math for that matter (OMGS John, really with the sperm jacking? Really? STDs are so much more likely!)