antifeminism crackpottery men who should not ever be with women ever MRA oppressed men reddit whaaaaa?

What?! Men’s Rights Redditor blames Newtown school shootings on Title IX

Over on Reddit, Men’s Rights subreddit regular 0bvious_Atheist has offered the most, well, inventive explanation for the Newtown school shootings I’ve seen thus far. Apparently channeling the old Man Boobz troll NWOslave, he argues that they were the result of … Title IX.

MRobviousAtheistonTitleIXandshootings

The only good news here is that this theory was too weird and opportunistic for even the Men’s Rights subreddit, and 0bvious_Atheist’s post got many more downvotes than upvotes.

Also, the 4Chan thing hasn’t been confirmed by any reputable media source. Here’s something from the not-exactly-100%-credible Daily Mail on it is definitely a fake.

Thanks to r/againstmensrights for pointing me to 0bvious_Atheist’s post.

Argenti Aertheri

Shaenon — yeah that logical proof is kind of, um, broken…I’m not sure that’s even a proper fallacy as it really doesn’t remotely follow.

“What I want to know is, how did they build a tree-house out of internets?”

Clearly it’s really just a hammock made of RJ-45 and co-ax.

pecunium

It’s not worth the risk for me to meet him. If he were to say the thing about the holocaust in my hearing, I don’t like to think of my reaction; esp. if I know he’s armed.

Re-reading the piece I wrote about the sulfa reaction… I left a lot of the really nasty parts of that two weeks out of the description.

Argenti Aertheri

If it makes you feel any better, I very nearly hit him for that comment…and then got yelled at when I stormed off *sigh* He definitely brings out the worst in people (and I think he tries, just so he can then claim he’s better than me/you/etc) I doubt he’d pull the derringer, or pocket shoot it, unless getting a serious beating…he likes to stay just this side of legal so he can claim he’s done nothing wrong. He truly is a wondrous specimen of humanity, by which I mean he’s an example of all the things no one should want to be.

Honestly, I prefer the trolls, I don’t have to worry that they’ll haul off and hit me…I’m only fairly sure my father knows that I’ll break something if he dares (eg his hand)

Do I want to know the nasty parts? Perhaps you should email it considering the responses my wiki link about SJS got?

Argenti Aertheri

Shorter version — my respect for you would likely decrease dramatically if you actually wanted to meet him. I have no desire to be around either the sort that agrees, nor the sort that wants to be violent.

pecunium

The nasty parts are just the details I recall, and the odd bits I glossed over, e.g. every time I spiked a fever (and they were hitting 104-105F) they would pile ice-packs on my armpits and groin.

Or the IV that blew, and the nurse who tried to put a new line in too close to my wrist and was pinching the nerve (I think I took a couple of years off some of the other patients in the ward).

The nurse who decided, when I was complaining that the potassium burned, didn’t adjust the ratio, just slowed the drip rate). The fact that I didn’t really sleep from when I was admitted until after the steroids started (I wasn’t awake the whole time, but it was the restless sort of sleep of the feverish and ill).

And those are the unpleasant parts which are fit to share in public.

There were good parts too, but some of them are the good parts of those who have been truly ill. The 0500 vampires who could get a stick done and barely wake one. Heidi (the charge nurse) who 1: got a new line in the next morning (after I refused to allow the on-duty nurse to try anymore) and 2: helped me maintain that line for the next nine days while 3: refusing to take it out until I was actually ready to walk out the door.

The friend who showed up (he was in DC from Calif.) as I was getting ready to walk out the door… 15 minutes later and he’d never have found me.

Argenti Aertheri

“(and they were hitting 104-105F) they would pile ice-packs on my armpits and groin.” — hey, at least they were thinking of the possibility you might want to make babies someday! (105 is hot enough to um, cook gonads…perhaps this conversation isn’t fit for public consumption…)

As for the “good parts” — having had 5 vials of blood drawn by the phlebotomist from hell, I understand the perks of having a good one.

And in typical fashion, I just creeped down the stairs with my teapot, filled the kettle, and my father woke up yelling about how no one can sleep with me making noise at this hour — about 10x as loud as running the water was (and I creep quite well, you might notice me coming, most people do not).

Apparently it’s “ridiculous” to be up at this hour, meanwhile my psych asked why he cares so much — they don’t give a shit *when* I sleep, just that I am actually sleeping (relatively nightmare free even, I gotta give the less-likely-to-kill-me drug credit)

Argenti Aertheri

And I’m reading your WP finally, you have my attention with the Petraeus post — my father and grandfather had plenty of shit to say about that (many a year ago my grandfather was a PI doing the sort of unofficial work that spooks can’t technically do in the US…oh the stories I heard when he thought I was too young to remember them 🙂 )

Needless to say that convo had a lot of blaming of the “whores” involved, and no acknowledgement that the men fucking them had free will (and they say feminists have the lowest views of men!)

Argenti Aertheri

“You promise to reveal nothing which is classified to anyone who doesn’t have need to know. You also don’t want anyone to know you know classified info.”

I guess I should maybe note that none of what my grandfather worked on has been interesting since “the red scare”.

Back on the off-topic, that sort of feverish ill sucks — I think my first action post-swine flu was sleeping, with people going all “but you slept all week” because no, no I had not.

Runic244
Runic244

I love how we know absolutely nothing about the Newport killer’s motives yet, but that hasn’t stopped the MRM from blaming it on the women. They know exactly one song, and they are willing to break it out for every occasion.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

And they sing out of tune!

hellkell
hellkell

clairedammit: been in a similar situation, hope you’re on the mend soon. Hugs.

pecunium

The only good thing to come out of this bout of illness is I have an app’t to see/acquire a primary care physician. I’m being what I hope is a trifle paranoid, and asking for a TB test. I’ve had a sort of chronic cough for the past few months, and in the course of this flu I coughed up some bloody sputum.

This means the odds of my seeing the sorts of doctors I ought to be seeing semi-regularly (rheumatologists, cardiologists, dermatologists, opthomalogists, and GP) are more likely to happen.

Now I ought to go back to bed (having been given a flu shot, and stuck for about five vials of bloodwork).

leftwingfox

I’m not sure that’s even a proper fallacy as it really doesn’t remotely follow.

If a then b.
Not b, so banana.

timetravellingfool

@ pecunium- I am going to internet doctor you and say it’s more likely you have a case of chronic bronchitis, and the bloody sputum is from little tears in your trachea for having spent the last few months coughing. I say that because the same sort of thing happened to me once, I’m not trying to take the place of your real life doctor. Just don’t worry about the TB yet- there are lots of reason to have blood in your phlegm that aren’t lethal.

cloudiah

Ack, pecunium, hope you’re feeling better soon!

pecunium

TTF: I am sure that’s what it is too, but better to be safe than sorry.

pecunium

And if that’s it… a steady diet of benadryl for a month or so ought to be all I need.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Pecunium, I hope you are better soon!

timetravellingfool

Fingers crossed for you, Pecunium!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Fingers crossed here too, Pecunium! Chronic bronchitis was what I thought of, too. Been there. But yeah, better safe than sorry!

pecunium

That press is glorious. My mother worked for a printshop: I remember cylinder presses. We used one (and a linotype) on occasion when I was in High School. That he has all his fingertips means he’s really good; i.e. not foolish enough to think he can “pop hickies” with his pinkie.

deezers

Hi fellow boobz – been falling rather deeply in love with this site and many of you for the last while, and decided to comment on something not-too-controversial (just for starters).

So anyway – how are Westboro not classified as a hate group? Or are they? I’m Irish so I’m not exactly sure what they deal is with getting groups like that classified (is it the same lovely SPLC that saw straight through AVFM bullshit?).

D

deezers

Oh dammit I just realised I asked a question relating to a very much past conversation. This is embarrassing….

cloudiah

Oh, the Westboro Baptist Church are a hate group, for sure.

Also, it’s fine to reference older conversations. People just kind of chime in whenever they are able to get on the internet. And welcome to your new de-lurked status!

mxe354
mxe354

Oh, dear, he said “equalitarian”.

I hate that word so fucking much.

THE G IS JUST FINE THE Q LOOKS AWFUL

It’s like “expresso.”

deezers

‘irregardless’

WeeBoy
WeeBoy

I’m kind of laughing at the meds side effect discussions… I have akathisia from one set of meds, and the ones I took for two years cause hypertensive crisis if you eat any of a very loooong list of foods. It was reasoned that my likelyhood of dying from hypertensive crisis was lower than my likelyhood of offing myself, and they had tried literally every other option.

pecunium

Irregardless (and nevertheless, for it is true none the less) some people will say they want an expresso: I tell then to go to the cafetiere and pour it for themselves.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::waves from Oz::

Welcome, deezers! 🙂

What about a cup of chino?

Argenti Aertheri

Just catching up here! Hi deezers! Feel free to comment on things from pages past, or cats (in any thread), or most other non sequiturs really — the fondess for derailment is one of the things I love about manboobz.

WeeBoy — ick, at least I can still eat whatever the fuck I want (and even have unofficial permission to drink, with the warning that I may decide it’s sleepy time…which is more a “that’s not a bug: it’s a feature” in my mind)

And I say irregardless, usually with a hand wave, to signal that the other person is right, but the whole thing is stupid — I fully understand that it’s a double negative of sorts, should mean more like “with regard” than “regardless”.

pecunium — feel better!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Non secateur: irrelevant interjection in gardening conversation.

::hides under desk::

Amused

Pecunium: Feel better! You probably don’t have TB, but have the test anyway.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Non cicada: irrelevant insect invasion in August.

Also, I saw a June bug yesterday. Should I be scared?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

THE JUNE BUGS ARE COMING

FLEA FOR YOUR LIVES

deezers

Aw thanks guys! Yes I’ve been looking through older comments, getting mad as hell but also laughing my ass off at the almost embarrassing disparity in logic, reasoned argument and comprehension. This is going to be fun. With cats on top.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

With cats on top.

(The natural order of things.)

cloudiah

D’AWWW. Kitty on a puppy.

Jessay (@jessay)

I was wondering which route they would take to blame this on women despite the fact that several women lost their lives trying to protect children. So is this an example of female disposability?

Courtney Hammett
Courtney Hammett

He makes one good point–some women just want to destroy the fraternity men have together. A woman recently tried to get into an all-male school, one of the very few all-male schools left (though all-female schools are always fine.) and quit that same year, when she won her case.

lowquacks
lowquacks

Courtney, you’d best not be who I think you are.

lowquacks
lowquacks

And citation needed. Where are you that all-male schools are rare? Most of the posher Catholic ones here in Oz are single-sex.

Argenti Aertheri

lowquacks — are we playing name-that-troll again? I lost last round, though I have a guess on this one (would he really sink to sockpuppeting though?)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Not just the Catholic ones, either. Melbourne Grammar, Scotch College, etc. Lovely breeding grounds for arrogant little shits.

D’you reckon it’s Emma Ale trying it on yet again? That line about false accusers in the other thread is bog-standard MRM shit.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Argenti – haven’t most of them sunk to sockpuppeting at some stage?

I saw your answer about used socks in the other thread, too – LOL ewww!

Hey, while you’re online, want a derail about Latin? As in, d’you think you can concoct a word for me?

Argenti Aertheri

kitteh — I hope so actually, because my guess is a far more persistent pain in the ass. This does sound more like Mr. Al than the previous sock did though — start sorta typical // remotely reasonable, descend into chaos sooner or later (usually sooner).

The typical MRM “issues” so far though remind me a bit of my least favorite troll. I don’t think he’d sock though, he’s too grandiose for that.

Argenti Aertheri

kitteh — see above re: “don’t they all sock” — a couple are too pretentious for that, or so I hope. And I can give your create-a-word a try anyways.

lowquacks
lowquacks

I’d guess proxied and sobered-up Mr Al at this point, but it’s early days yet and CassandraSays isn’t around.

lowquacks
lowquacks

@Argenti

I don’t think so – he’s a bit “yeah, but…” for that. No Title IX as feminist world domination plan or anything like that anywhere.