antifeminism crackpottery men who should not ever be with women ever MRA oppressed men reddit whaaaaa?

What?! Men’s Rights Redditor blames Newtown school shootings on Title IX

Over on Reddit, Men’s Rights subreddit regular 0bvious_Atheist has offered the most, well, inventive explanation for the Newtown school shootings I’ve seen thus far. Apparently channeling the old Man Boobz troll NWOslave, he argues that they were the result of … Title IX.

MRobviousAtheistonTitleIXandshootings

The only good news here is that this theory was too weird and opportunistic for even the Men’s Rights subreddit, and 0bvious_Atheist’s post got many more downvotes than upvotes.

Also, the 4Chan thing hasn’t been confirmed by any reputable media source. Here’s something from the not-exactly-100%-credible Daily Mail on it is definitely a fake.

Thanks to r/againstmensrights for pointing me to 0bvious_Atheist’s post.

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

ZOMG, do these shitbirds know that you can be an atheist without being a complete and utter asshole?

clairedammit

A short search on the effects of…will show you…

Is this what passes for backing up your assertions in MRA land?

Miss Andrist

What’s grimly amusing is, he’s not COMPLETELY off the mark – this is actually called “aggrieved entitlement,” which is why every single attack since 1982 has been by males and overwhelmingly targets female victims – to the point of releasing the males first, then systemically murdering females (total strangers or not – just for being present, with a vagina and a beating heart) execution-style.

So it’s pretty safe to conclude that **anyone** who tries to suggest that aggrieved entitlement and the resulting male-pattern violence is somehow, magically, the fault (or responsibility) of the people who are targeted for victimization, is in fact a human-shaped sack of talking vomit, and quite possibly a menace to society themselves, imho.

CassandraSays

The last bastion of male only interaction is the internet.

Hate to break it to you, kid, but the killer is already inside the house and has been for a long time. There are lots of women on the internet. Some of them are even on /b/. The internet is not a treehouse that you can put a “No Girls Allowed” sign on and expect us to go away.

Curse you, blockquotes.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

I have only one thing to say:

HOBBITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kamilla
Kamilla

I used to go to a women’s only gym which was a safe place for many women who felt uncomfortable in a mixed setting. Some brilliant guy decided that this was a horrible form of discrimination and tried to initiate a human rights campaign to allow himself and other males to join the gym. He compared his crusade to the day Rosa Parks decided she would not move to the back of the bus. Sadly he failed and had to settle for the hundreds of other gyms in town.

Kamilla
Kamilla

Joanna

@Kamilla: For the sake of “equality” he should have proposed a men’s only gym. Segregation for all!

On another note, I’m wondering if all this mass shooting apologist crap is due to these guys feeling like their gender is getting a bad rap.

Tina
Tina

Huh? Like…you can’t control yourself? Or you can’t form your own club or get together with the guys to watch football or play football or basketball?

damselindetech

If their last bastion of male interaction is the internet, then maybe they should stop playing WoW and CoD, and go outside and try hanging out with some dudes. It would help if they’d stop with the “No homo” bullshit, and just be cool interacting with guys without policing each other’s masculinity. Just a thought. Or, you know, feminists are evil. Whatever works.

MorkaisChosen

Of course no gun control law would stop violence happening. It’d just make it less efficient and less lethal.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Is that why Augusta National Golf Club finally started admitting women earlier this year—the Title IX Femspiracy finally got around to oppressing them?

clairedammit

This, and that everything has to be about them.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Fucking entitled shitbags. Everything has to revolve around them, everything has to promote men (or that very narrow range of people who they think are acceptable men) and exclude women, and they just shrug off murder, even when it includes little boys.

Dvärghundspossen

NO REALLY!? (:-O

Btw, how come you have sororities and fraternities in the US? In Sweden we have clubs and organisations at universities and colleges as well that arranges parties and stuff, but they’re gender-mixed. Since lots of people are interested in hooking up, and lots of people are straight, it sort of seems more efficient to have mixed clubs. Is there some special reason why you have this gender-segregation thing, or is it just tradition that goes way back and nobody remembers how it started?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

By that “men are excluded” argument, women should have been going around committing mass murder when we were excluded from most sorts of work, from voting, from owning our own property, from getting loans, from … strangely enough, we didn’t. And strangely enough, most men even in the misandrist dystopia of the US don’t do it, either.

Eat Legos, MRM.

Miss Andrist

Because men everywhere but Sweden HATE WOMEN, to the exclusion of all else. When hating women is built into the reality of half of everyone, mixed organizations? We can’t get men to acknowledge that this is indeed JUST PART of male pattern violence – because that would require them to acknowledge that male pattern violence even exists.

And they won’t. Calling it what it is makes it much harder for them to excuse doing it.

CassandraSays

Hate to break it to you, Miss Andrist*, but we don’t have fraternities or sororities in the UK either.

*Also LOL, troll harder.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Serious overstatement and generalisation there, Miss Andrist. A patriarchal society doesn’t literally mean all men hating all women. And, incidentally, you’re grossly insulting a lot of the regulars here with that comment.

We don’t do fraternities or sororities in Oz, either, as far as I know.

blitzgal

What a fucking asshole.

clairedammit

Fraternities and sororities in the US tend to be really big on tradition. A lot of the tradition is a matter of the members wanting to protect their privileges, at least at the University I went to. So I suspect they’re single gender mostly because nearly everything was years ago and no one wants to change the system.

clairedammit

So, does anyplace but the US have fraternities or sororities? They are huge among a certain class of people here, middle class with pretentions, like my mom’s family, for one. When I was in the ninth grade, my grandmother already had my sorority picked out for me. (I didn’t joint one. I was so not that kind of young woman.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I know when I think of fraternities or sororities, I get a sort of twinset-and-pearls or Ivy League image – very 50s or 60s stuff and very rich-white-kids. Which may be totally inaccurate of course!

CassandraSays

I really don’t understand the kind of people who join frats/sororities. Used to work with some, and their need to be liked and accepted just seemed a bit over the top to me. Why would you willingly sign up for that kind of hazing? I don’t get it.

MorkaisChosen

Whereas Oxbridge no longer have any all-male colleges. There are some female-only ones; one justification I’ve heard mentioned (nth hand) is that there may be people who’d send their daughters to an all-female learning institution but not a mixed one.

I’m not sure how good they are about trans issues – I know Germaine Greer said some dickish things while affiliated with one of the all-female-student Cambridge colleges, and was I believe roundly called out for it by other members of the college hierarchy, but I don’t have details.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Germs has made a lifetime career of saying dickish things. She was criticising the PM about her arse recently, ferchrissakes.

MorkaisChosen

My sentence structure there may not make it entirely clear that I was speaking about dickishly anti-trans type things, but that doesn’t really hurt your point…

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Don’t worry, it was clear you meant dickishly anti-trans – I was just adding that she makes dickish comments about all sorts of stuff.

CassandraSays

I kind of think of Greer as being an irl troll. She seems to take great joy in pissing people off just for the hell of it.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

That’s a very good description of her. She’s a misanthropic type and I suspect she’s been coasting on her early reputation (and she got a fair bit of side-eye for her associations then) for years. She does articles for The Age now, and mostly it’s stuff like whining about the way language is changing, or how much she hates Australia.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Or, yes, how our PM commits the terrible crime of having a “big” arse and not covering it with long-line jackets.

Oh for crying out loud.

Is that the Australian PM?

… Isn’t Greer meant to be at least some sort of feminist?!?

clairedammit

I can honestly say I’ve never noticed Julia Gillard’s ass.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@MorkaisChosen – yup, the Australian PM. I feel the same way about Greer. She’s said quite a lot of garbage over the years that makes me think, “Remind me of when she was a feminist again? Oh yeah, prolly when she wrote The Female Eunuch.”

MorkaisChosen

What the everloving fuck.

URL pretty much says all the article says there.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

Surely the Australian Prime Minister would have more important things to worry about than covering their arse with a jacket? For example, running Australia?

timetravellingfool

Oh god. Those people are the worse people in existence. Every gas station should refuse to give them gas, every restaurant should refuse to serve them.

Of course they are.

justeunperdant

Wow I did not know that Title IX has so much influence in today world. This person must be really important if we are talking about him here. I guess this person represent everything that is wrong with every men today. Good work David to have identify this person has a representative of men collective.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Everything I’ve read about those Westboro … argh, I haven’t even a word for them … members, suggests they’re in it purely to get people so angry they’ll attack them, and can then be sued. I’m not sure it’s not worse than actually believing all their shit; it sounds like it’s a purely predatory money-making exercise (with a large dash of sadism thrown in).

But either way, whether they believe their own claims or not, they are utterly vile human beings.

MorkaisChosen

Underpants: This blog is not about things that are important per se. It’s about mocking misogynistic arseholes. They don’t have to be important ones. They aren’t representatives of Men Everywhere – that’s sort of the point, they’d like to think they’re fighting for my rights and the rights of the rest of us, but I don’t feel they represent me well at all.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Justin Underpants, how about improving your English reading skills? Just because some fuckwit misogynist ties murdering children to Title IX doesn’t mean that he’s “reallly important”, it means he’s the sort of misogynist fuckwit this blog mocks. As are you, btw. You might try reading and absorbing the line right up there in the title – “Misogyny. I mock it.”

You might also want to change those underpants. They’re decidedly smelly.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

(As in, “reeking of bullshit”.)

Fuck off, Underpants.

Re: The Westboro clan, this was interesting. It’s about two of Fred Phelp’s granddaughters, one who is running a lot of things now, and one who is estranged from the family.

CassandraSays

It’s between Westboro Baptist and whichever bouffant-haired megalomaniac is currently running North Korea.

And the Taliban.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I couldn’t bring myself to do more than skim that article about Megan Phelps. Too fucking horrible. I mean – the only reason to have anything to do with that sort of God is through fear. That’s got nothing to do with love, or at best, it’s the kind of perversion of it that abusers promote (and the way those Phelps kids are raised sounds like intervention material to me, ethically if not legally).

These are the sort of ideas that make me wish that it could be proven that JC was gay, just to piss these people off.

Kim
Kim

Do you think this would still work if they weren’t calling themselves a church? Like, do you think anyone could form an organisation for the purpose of doing a con like this and get away with it?

Hmm.

My first thought would be some sort of bogus civil rights group going and trolling particularly reactionary areas. Not sure if that’d work. I also think it’d be reprehensible and immoral, but sometimes working out how to do reprehensible and immoral things seems interesting.

1 2 3 5