a voice for men antifeminism bears evil women MRA oppressed men paranoia parody playing the victim spermjacking

Canada: Land of Danger for Men and Boys?

feministbear
Canadian feminist trying to eat a man’s butt

I’ve seen some strange and paranoid comments on Men’s Rights hate site A Voice for Men, but this recent comment may be the strangest and paranoidest I’ve ever seen. In the comments to a post outing one of the protesters at the Warren Farrell talk at the University of Toronto, a commenter called Redfield is worried that Canada has now become some sort of death trap for men. Because of all the feminism.

AVFMredfield

That’s right: Because a couple of feminist college students in Toronto made jokey remarks on Twitter about killing all men, this man is afraid that his 18-year-old son will be in actual physical danger from evil feminists if he sets foot in Canada.

In a later comment, he reports that he and his sons will be going to Canada after all:

AVFMredfield2

But he wonders if there are any “travel advisories” that can, I guess, warn him where feminists tend to congregate:

AVFMredfield3

In the comments here at Man Boobz, Cloudiah imagines how his conversation with the consulate staffer might have gone:

Mid-day at the Consulate General of Canada in Sydney.

Pierre: Hello, you’ve reached the Consulate General of Canada. My name is Pierre. How may I help you?

MRA: I am planning a trip to Canada with my sons next year, and I wanted to know what the feminist threat level will be?

Pierre: Excuse me?

MRA: Yellow? Orange? RED???

Pierre: I’m sorry, I don’t understand.

MRA: I need to know what steps I need to take to protect myself and my boys from being killed by feminists. Do we need to get any shots?

Pierre: Did you say ‘feminists?’

MRA: How many men would you estimate are killed by feminists in Canada in January? February? Or do feminists only thaw out in the Spring?

Pierre: You think we freeze feminists?

MRA: I need to make travel plans!

Pierre: Sir, I think you might have been misinformed.

MRA: I assure you that my information is accurate. It cannot be denied that feminists have been engaged in a campaign to kill all men in Canada.

Pierre: Sir, I believe I would have heard about that.

MRA: I SAW A VIDEO! A pack of rabid feminists tore Warren Farrell apart, limb from limb, and feasted on his spleen!

Pierre: Warren who?

MRA: Then an angry mob of feminist zombies attacked John the Otter with flamethrowers. Or maybe one of them had a cigarette lighter, but it was definitely menacing.

Pierre: John the what?

MRA: They might have accidentally singed his sleeve! Or murdered him with fire!

Pierre: Sir, I’m not sure how to say this but… It might be best if you stayed home.

MRA: It’s because they’re SPERMJACKING us now, right? You’re saying that for my own protection. I get you.

Pierre: Um, sure. Right. Please do not come to Canada. Ever.

MRA: THEY’RE POINTING A GUN AT YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW, AREN’T THEY?

Pierre: [Holds phone in front of his face for a moment. Slowly places it back in the cradle.]

MRA: [Hears dial tone.] Oh my god, they’ve killed him. I must alert A Voice for Men!

I think this is literally how these guys see the world.

This may be why Men’s Rights movement is so much less popular these days (as a search term at least) than one up-and-coming rival for the world’s attention: Smelly discharge. Google Trends doesn’t lie!

GTmrvssmelly

Thanks to Cloudiah for coming up with this as well. She is winning so many internets she may need to move into a bigger place.

To see more things the Men’s Rights movement is less popular than, click here.

NOTE: I am aware that “paranoidest” is not a real word. The correct term is “paranoidallyest.”

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Given that I’m totally committed to the idea of opening up military service so women are allowed to be frontline infantry… poor choice of examples.

Fundamentally, soldiers sign up and volunteer to risk their lives. Currently the options are more restricted for women. I fully support evening it up, and I’d hazard a guess that the vast majority of our commenters here agree.

cloudiah

@freitag, go over to the Kate Harding thread to see what some on r/mr think of that Judge.

freitag235

I’m offended that I’m merely hypocritical and not a full blown “woman hater” yet.

Here’s a bulldog pup.

freitag235

Too bad you can’t ask the 158 Canadian men (compared to 3 women) who died in Afghanistan.

Can’t speak for Canada, but in the U.S., military women are suing for the right to serve in combat.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

FUCK did my comment just get eaten? Or are links to MRA sites auto-modded?

cloudiah

I’m pretty anti-war, actually, and it ain’t feminists who are asking men to sacrifice their lives in Afghanistan. But yeah, as long as we have a military, I think it should look as much like the population as possible, which means I think women should serve. Most feminists think the same.

Myoo
Myoo

People are far more internet savvy in 2012, and even occasional users like myself know that most people skip internet searches and just click through to their favourite sources for news and entertainment or use longtail search terms to find what they are looking for.

And people somehow only use that Internet savvy to search for men’s rights and not for everything else, yeah, that makes sense and is not a far-fetched explanation at all.

markjones
markjones

“Mark, please do set up a blog. We need more mansplaining haters on the Internet.”

“No, for the moment you seem to be more angry that a site dedicated to mocking misogyny exists. Not sure why, but feel free to be upset.”

I have noticed this tendency to call people “angry” and “bitter” with no evidence that they are. It’s part of what’s illogical about this site.

“Personal information about people on the Internet, often including real name, known aliases,”

Why did you only quote the part of the statement that benefits your argument and ignore the rest? It’s not as if this site hasn’t exposed what other people have said before and opened them up to possible harrasment, you are only concerned when it’s done to people you don’t disagree with.

“This is exactly what AVfM did. The support we are offering to these women is because — as AVfM intended — they are now receiving rape and death threats online from people who’ve read those stories.”

How do you know what AVFM intended?

teratomatastic

A little late to the party, but here’s some drop bears from my favorite comic series, Nextwave…

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

“painful and heavy consequences” does not sound like hugs and puppies.

Captain Earnest of the SS BoringTroll:

What is your evidence of the site being illogical, oh wise one? Because trust me, MRAs try this tactic a LOT. Evidence or GTFO.

What do YOU think the purpose of RegisterHer is?

@everyone else:

There’s been a school shooting in Conneticut. Elementary school, at least 27 dead – 18 of them pupils. Shooter was apparently the father of a pupil. Really awful stuff.

*sigh* How long before the MRM blame this on women?

freitag235

“Thanks for the encouragement, I’m off to learn the ins and outs of wordpress now.”

The title “Anti-Manboobz” is already taken. Otherwise, please let us know when your blog is up and running.

Go read Paul Elam on never voting to convict in a rape trial, even if he is certain that the accused is guilty. Get back to us about the angry and bitter thing. “Fuck their shit up.” I wonder what that means? Sending them links to baby otter videos?

freitag235

School shooting: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/nyregion/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school.html?hp

Damn this shit. What goes through someone’s head when they open fire on little kids??

thenatfantastic

For truth the MRM is full of sunshine and unicorns. So much less hateful than this site.

Falconer

I just heard about this school shooting myself. It’s horrible.

In at least one recorded instance, the shooter explained herself: “I don’t like Mondays.”

thenatfantastic

I don’t know Freitag. There was a case of a shooter opening fire on a class of five and six year olds in Scotland when I was around that age, it was that massacre happening that gave the final push towards the UK outlawing firearms. Too much to hope it would be the same in the USA, right? 🙁

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Dear God.

Those poor children and families, may they find all the comfort and strength they need.

cloudiah

Someone just posted a video of Paul Elam’s entitled “How to Build a Male Bomb” on a r/mr thread about the CT school shootings. Accompanying text was “I think Elam said it well right here” to answer the OP’s question about why most mass shootings in the US are committed by white men.

thenatfantastic

So that’s what, about an hour between a mass killing and women in general being blamed for the actions of the male murderer? I am Nat’s total lack of surprise.

cloudiah

Just so, so sad and depressing that someone would do something like this. Shooting children is just on a whole other plane of terrible.

timetravellingfool

we don’t live in a culture that normalises sacrificing men to your demonic overlords.

Hehehehhe

timetravellingfool

God, why do trolls write their prose as if they’re skeet shooting when really it’s all a bit of argleblargle. Oh, Markjones, do be a dear and link us up to your sexist blog? Remember- we let you in the dorr when you came a trollin’, it’s only fair you should return the hospitality.

pecunium

Mark: Please set up a blog. Imagine how many readers you will get (from all the long tail searching).

As to the non-sequitur about women in combat… It’s not feminists who are against it, you might benefit from the comments in this piece Michael Coren is a clueless, dickless, worthless fuck

Take a look at what the feminists say about men.

Then compare it to the pee-brains at AVfM.

hellkell
hellkell

How do you know what AVFM intended?

Because, Mark, it’s what they always do.

What does an MRA’s house look like? I figure there will be a Romney magnet on the fridge…

markjones
markjones

“Oh and BoringMark, in this post you can see AVFM regulars make rape threats against the women Elam was attempting to doxx. For example, “someone needs to rape that bitch at the end”.”

Those are youtube comments. There’s zero evidence that they were made by AVFM members.

“Tell you what mate, find me one example of a commenter saying shit like that on this site without being shunned/banned and I’ll set up your WordPress site for you.”

Tell you what, find an example of someone saying shit like that on AVFM first. I haven’t seen it.

“How do you know what AVFM intended?

Because, Mark, it’s what they always do.”

That’s a circular argument, totally void of logic.

“While you’re learning the ins and outs of WP, perhaps you could learn to quote? Our trolls are always so deficient in that area.”

It’s not necessary to italicise quotes.

Mark, this conversation has moved on. We are now talking about what MRAs look like.

thenatfantastic

MRArk, you fucking lazy arsehole, there’s an entire tag devoted to the shit those guys say.

So tell me again how mocking misogynists makes us irrational but your “I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?” arguments are the fountain of all that is logical.

As I said before, evidence or GTFO. Or at least have some kind of funny meltdown.

These new trolls are so fucking boring.

cloudiah

What do people think regular AVfM commenter Chris Key (MRO) looks like? Here he is on his other forum, advocating for kicking feminists in the cunts and calling guys he disagrees with “faggy.”

I think he is probably white, with brown hair and brown eyes. Probably totally average looking. I very much doubt he has horns, or any other obvious way to identify him as a violent, hateful asshat. What a great movement you’ve got there, Mark.

inurashii
inurashii

Why do trolls always come in here, make a ridiculous claim, and then say that WE have to do the legwork to disprove them?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Fuck you. Our house.

AVFM commenters have made NUMEROUS rape threats and disgustingly misogynistic comments that have been quoted on this blog. Hell, the site itself has promoted violence, and Dave has pointed it out. It’s literally in some of our post titles. We can go dig ’em up, but guess what — you came here and shat on the carpet, so you get to back your claims up first.

We’re not gonna repeat ourselves just because you’re lazy.

thenatfantastic

Oh wait, I criticised a man. Did I do a misandry? Quick, put me on RegisterHer.

cloudiah

I wonder what redditor EvilPundit looks like? Here he is rationalizing away the murder of Kasandra Perkins as the “lesser evil.” Or just below him, redditor wrez, who thinks an unfaithful woman “drives” a man to kill her?

Based on a NY Post story no less. How do you think we could recognize someone so awful on the street?

hellkell
hellkell

I see Mark’s another MRA jackass who wants everyone else to do the heavy lifting for him. Mark, you lot are so big on personal responsibility, why don’t you exercise some for yourself and find the info? You may learn something.

inurashii
inurashii

*proud face*

inurashii
inurashii

*registers u*

cloudiah

So I’m thinking of having a page on my blog where we can “register” examples of the really bad writers of the MRM. Guys like the “ballerina is a stamen of privilege” dude. Good idea? Bad? I’m not trying to identify them; it’s just that that shit is funny.

Anyway, what a terrible morning, eh? Anyone need some medication?

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

This is part of your method of surrounding yourself with like-minded people so that you won’t have examine your own beliefs from time to time. It’s lazy and cowardly, but not surprising.

Said by someone who is praising AVFM. Does this count as an example of hypocrisy?

At any rate Mark, I’m thrilled that you’ve discovered A Voice For Men. I’m certain that it will provide you with hours of internet pleasure. Best of all, it means that you won’t have to keep coming here and bugging us about how illogical we are, and how David just wants attention, and how you don’t even like the articles. And stuff.

Happy Holidays!

inurashii
inurashii

cloudiah, I think that if you identify them by username only, it’s not really problematic.

freitag235

@cloudia, I actually listed to the Elam vid all the way through. Now I feel like someone’s shat in my brain.

8+ minutes and he didn’t say a thing. Not one damn thing, except that men are put upon by the ebul feminazi society and soon the streets will run with blood.

Kinda like skinheads and the Turner Diaries. “On the Day of the Rope, all you race traitors will be sorry then!” And if all you ebul feminazis don’t come around, then MEN will rise and take back what is theirs.

Meandering arglebargle all the way through, with a thinly disguised longing for the War in the Streets that will soon come. (And the MRM is the bomb squad that is society’s only hope to prevent said War in the Streets.) Yeah, he said that.

cherabushka

markjones the point is that when people are making rape threats it’s dangerous to release their information in places where these people are probably going to go, being concerned with anti-feminism if not MRA itself.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

ballerina is a stamen of privilege

Um, what?

whataboutthemoonz

I wanna play with the new troll!

Quick, new troll, says something logical. Play with me.

freitag235

Updated info on the Conn. shooting.

18 children dead, 6 adults.

This shit makes me hurt inside. There is not enough brain bleach in the world right now.

Falconer

@CassandraSays: You missed this comment? I’m surprised.

Falconer

I made a beeline for the Occupy poster of the ballerina standing on the bull. Only six months had elapsed, but for some reason, the image now seemed wholly different in its tone, in its import. The bull had transmogrified into a pedestal; the central focus, the ballerina, was now a stamen of privilege – auto erotic, self absorbed and uniquely divorced from the kerfuffle in the background. The combatants – presumably male – are marginal and deliberately unimportant. Their only task seems to be keeping some unseen force at bay, away from the protagoniste – an almost singular entity threatening to prick the fragile gossamer film of tranquility surrounding the female consciousness.

For those who don’t feel like clicking a link.

I’m sadly staying away from the school shooting right now. I don’t have any answers except one half the country doesn’t want to hear (fewer guns) and it’s just too horrible to contemplate.

I’ll come back to it later, when it’s less fresh.

Falconer

But hugs all round, especially for Freitag, for anyone who wants ’em.

timetravellingfool

We need a thread for the shooting. I want to hide from it, but I want to express how awful it is.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

See, this is why I keep thinking that MRAs are Poe’s – I just can’t wrap my head around the idea that anyone would write like that if they weren’t try to be funny.

freitag235

Today is the last day of final exams. Tomorrow all of my students (those who haven’t yet left) will pack up and go home for the holidays. Some I’ll see in the spring, others I won’t. They’re going home to family and friends to celebrate whatever they choose, mostly having a break, I’d guess. You get fond of them over a semester.

I hope all of them make it home safely and have a wonderful time. I’m sick with grief for the families in Conn. whose lives have been destroyed and for whom this holiday will be a horror.