a voice for men antifeminism bullying harassment men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats warren farrell

Man Boobz readers would like to offer support for A Voice For Men’s doxxing victims in Toronto

STOP_Bullying_CLEAN

A Voice for Men has doxxed another student who was at the Warren Farrell protest at the University of Toronto. Her “crimes,” aside from going to the protest? She posted jokey comments on Twitter and a picture suggesting that it’s a good idea for people to get consent before having sex with other people. The Men’s Rights hate site has pledged to reveal the information of as many (female) protesters as they can find, and place them on Register-Her.com, its phony “offenders registry” which features feminists targeted by AVFM alongside convicted murderers and child molesters.

Readers of Man Boobz, in Toronto and around the world, would like to offer whatever support they can — moral or practical — to the targets of AVFM’s hate campaign. If you are one of the victims, or know how to get in touch with one of them, please contact me at futrelle [[at]] well [[dot]] com and I will pass their messages along to you.

EDITED TO ADD: If anyone has any messages for Sophia, the latest victim, I have a way I can pass them along to her.  Just email them to me, and let me know if you want me to pass your email address along to her as well. Anything you want confidential will be kept confidential.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

I do think the admission/suicide joke’s in poor taste, actually. My response to this, if I knew her, would be to say “I don’t like that joke you made.”

Not going to, because she’s got enough shit to deal with.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Judgybore, yeah, if you want to be outraged, how ’bout having a go at the MRM itself? Plenty of material there, or do you think threats against women are “just jokes” and funny at that?

sidestinkappleeye

Come on Kittehs, you know the only proper reason to be outraged is if teh wimmins are threatening teh menzs with their hate speech and of course not being properly submitted house servant fuck toys.

/not really

cloudiah

David, sure. I didn’t even think it was that funny! XD

cloudiah

Wow! Are you kidding! In response an observation that men are less likely to go to college and more likely to commit suicide, she tweeted GOOD.

So clearly JudgyBitch spends every waking moment tracking down the real identity of every person who has ever left an offensive comment on a YouTube video, and then posts them on the Web. Right? Because otherwise she would be a total hypocrite.

timetravellingfool

Judgy- So registerher.com isn’t a catalogue of criminals but assholes as well? What other ‘assholish’ behaviors do women participate in? Not dating ‘Nice Guys’? Fighting for full custody? Accepting dinner without putting out? Charging men with rape? Vigilantism usually turns out badly when people start with the best of intentions, and anyone suggesting MRA’s have the best of intentions is clearly high.

I just noticed they’re claiming “fair use” on one of the photos of her

Because we all know that copyright law has a loophole for posting names and photos for harassment purposes.

Melody

Gosh, this site is so depressing sometimes. My heart goes out to those women. This isn’t okay.
I can’t even go on reddit……I just can’t do it.

fatguyfit

Long time Reader, First time Poster.

I live in toronto, and would like to offer my support to sophia, and anyone else going through this.

I run classes on self-defense, and am willing to give free time to anyone who feels they would like at least the basics.

judgybitch

So, if a group of radical religious fanatics violently protested and tore down posters advertising an aetheist perspective, you would be okay with protecting the privacy of those protesters?

Seems like double standard.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Except we’re not talking about a violent protest. And frankly I don’t care if posters for anything are torn down. You’re complaining about people protesting against a man who thinks incest is okay. That says a lot about you.

cloudiah

Sigh. It was not a violent protest. (I have been to violent protests. I was in downtown Los Angeles the night of the Rodney King verdict. I did clinic defense for years, and those Operation Rescue folks were seriously violent. I have been on picket lines where people tried to run us over.) At the Toronto protest, there was yelling and bad language.

Why are MRAs such fragile little flowers?

If a religious group picketed an atheist event, I would say “Hey, that’s their right.” If they tore down posters for the event, I would say, “Better to put up your own posters.” (But you know, street posters are BY THEIR VERY NATURE ephemeral, so I wouldn’t exactly consider it a crime against humanity either.) If they tried to blockade the event, I would call security and/or the police and let them handle it.

What I would NOT do is put their real names and locations out there for an audience of violent hatemongers, which is what the people you defend did.

So, not a double standard at all as it turns out.

But if you, JB, are not spending just as much time doxxing racist, misogynistic anonymous commenters on YouTube, you are the queen of all double standards.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oddly enough I don’t actually want to dox and/or harass people who’re anti-atheist. If they tear down atheist posters, atheists can put the posters up again.

The level of OMG DRAMA THEY TOOK DOWN POSTERS is hilarious. It’s like a bad daytime drama – next episode, alien abduction plus the long lost previously unknown twin returns.

cloudiah

TAKING DOWN POSTERS IS THE EXACT MORAL EQUIVALENT TO MURDER.

titianblue
titianblue

EVIL twin, of course. Or do I mean “vile” ? 😉

cloudiah

IF YOU SAY A BAD WORD IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF A MAN IN A PUBLIC PLACE YOU ARE STALIN.

inurashii
inurashii

Also, are aetheists people who believe that there is a special substance that the Gods breathe, floating above us in perfect circles?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

If I’m gonna be Stalin, do I have to grow the moustache? Only I don’t think that style would work for me.

cloudiah

He he he. Aetherists?

cloudiah

IF YOU DON’T GROW THE MUSTACHE YOU ARE STALIN!!!

(Oh, wait…)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Hey, I get to be Stalin either way!

Can I wax the ends if I do grow it?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

What if I CAN’T grow the Stalin stache, even if I try? Is there an exemption or does that just prove how evil I am?

inurashii
inurashii

@cloudiah

He he he. Aetherists?

Haha, I can’t go there because in my fictional city there’s an actual religion called Etherism.

titianblue
titianblue

I do like the idea (not really) that suggesting to a bereaved man that he might benefit from seeing a counselor instead of attending an incest apologist’s lecture is the violent. Because OMG those feminist counselors!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Cassandra – you’ll just have to buy a dodgy one from a costume shop and tie it on with string.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Or one could go for the young Stalin style which is at least easier on the eye.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I prefer Gangnam Stalin style.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“He he he. Aetherists?”

Hey now, it’s Aertherists because we can’t spell XD (yes, that is what the second part of my SN is supposed to be, because no, I can’t spell)

As for the Stalin ‘stash, you could always go the way some trans* men // theatre people do — glued on fake hair (looks way better than to costume shop string ones!) Warning though, latex gets itchy about 4 hours in.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I used spirit gum back in my teen days when I’d dress up as a cavalier and swan around town (greatest moment: some nearsighted idiot screaming FUCKING POOFTA!). Spirit gum wasn’t very good, though, it meant keeping a straight face all day.

When I saw “aetheists” I thought of aesthetes.

Young Stalin actually has a kind of nice disheveled-intellectual thing going.

hellkell
hellkell

Yes, jackass. Next.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Anyone giving good tips on false beards, I may pass it on to some friends who’ve attempted such things for LARP and not had it go too well.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Young Stalin is up there with Young Che in the Hot Revolutionaries category, if you switch off your brain and ignore all the stuff he did later.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Yeah, they do well in the Cute Guy stakes, pity they are massive fails in the Decent Human Being category.

SQ
SQ

These ‘men’s right’s’ activists are laughable. I don’t understand what part of protesting a speaker who just short of blatantly advocated child abuse was wrong. Did they not realize he was talking about the abuse of boys as well? The whole mr site was utterly sad and bizarre. The university should have researched who farrell was before hand, otherwise none of this would have happened.

Tracy Bradley
Tracy Bradley

Quick update – the photographer emailed me back thanking me for letting him know they are using his work on their site, and asked that I (or we) forward any correspondence we may have to him. At the very least maybe her picture will get removed from the site… a small victory, yes, but something I suppose.

Yay, Tracy!

::cheers::

::applause::

Tracy Bradley
Tracy Bradley

Tearing down posters – happens all the time (esp. with atheist posters), not violent.
Yelling, swearing – not violent.
Ok with protecting privacy of people who do the above, even if they are not on my side – yep.

If you think that was a violent protest, you’ve never actually seen one. The G20 protest in Toronto got pretty freakin’ violent, on both sides – cops beating up protesters (who weren’t doing anything), protesters (mainly a radical group who was there to cause trouble) setting cars on fire, throwing bricks through windows, etc. I was shot at with tear gas for sitting on some steps, silently.

Would I be ok with revealing the names of people who actually committed crimes and/or violence during a protest… like vandalizing property, hitting people, setting cars on fire? Yep. Did anyone commit violence at the U of T protest? Nope. And while I don’t personally agree with blocking the doors, blocking the doors was not violent.

What I don’t understand about the AVFM reaction… ok, I don’t understand a lot of things about it. But the protesters were protesting the individual, Warren Farrell – not against rights for men, or against men. I also don’t understand why they tend to fight and attack PEOPLE instead of their IDEAS.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

It comes to one thing, Tracy. They hate women, and they hate anyone who supports women. Not just feminism, though they like to pretend it’s feminism (or rather, their strawman version of it) that they’re complaining about. No, it’s basic hatred of women, the desire to punish us, not just for not being their domestic slaves and fuckdolls, but simply for existing. Being female in public, let alone daring to complain about anything a man says or does, is enough to bring out their frothing rage. I don’t know if you’ve read any of NWOslave’s comments here, but he’s one who thinks women should be beaten in the street for … well, anything at all. And he’s not the most extreme example. Everything else just follows from that basic loathing.

danaofdoom
danaofdoom

Wow I didn’t know this was going on! I hope these women are safe. This is absolutely terrifying to me.

Is there anything that can any of us can do for them?

ChuckFinale
ChuckFinale

hi Manboobz community and David.

I would like to take this time to point everyone towards some unlikely allies, especially helpful if this Toronto Weirdness gets bigger. I don’t know what everyone knows about the left wing, or specifically Marxism-Leninism-Maoism, but they are hardcore feminists. The are down for queer and trans liberation and socialism. Regardless of what you think about What Mao Did in China, these people are friends of the working class, the oppressed, and especially those under attack from the hard right MRA asses.

I’m not affiliated with prac in any way, and I don’t mean to speak for them. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a communist. 🙂 Smash Patriarchy with marxism,

Chuck.

Ps, I expect this to go to moderation – that’s fine. I’m hoping this info goes to David first and foremost, and maybe if the women under attack would like it, send it to them?

thenatfantastic

To be fair, the idea that the agrarian classes shouldn’t allow others to control them didn’t kill anyone. The practice of controlling the agrarian classes under the guise of liberating them did.

cherabushka

wait david do you mean maoism or marxism?

pecunium

Preggo: Oh, I was wondering how you guys measure intelligence. I’m fairly certain it’s not based on one’s independence or marketable skills (both of which Davey and many of the regulars here lack), so then how do you rationalize your intelligence? I’m not even trying to be hurtful or snarky, I really am curious how you try to write off yourself as “better” than the people you hate. I know a helpful and constructive answer on a social justice blog occurs once in a blue moon, but I’m feeling lucky.

Could you learn to lie a little better? If you aren’t trying to be hurtful, or snarky, then why marry this, “innocuous” question to an attempt at insult (both of which Davey and many of the regulars here lack).

You already tried to poison the well, quite apart from the operation from ignorance you’re working under.

1: You’ve implied intelligence = marketable skill. That’s not true. Ditch-diggers have marketable skills. So do street sweepers, and garbage collectors. Those are not jobs the society thinks need intelligence.

2: You don’t know what marketable skills people have. The best you can manage is an inference of their level of employment; which, given the present state of the economy is no marker of marketability.

Most places I would post this would be able to infer I was joking and get the “for great justice” reference, but I guess in social justice blogs people are too stupid yelling at each other about ambiguous phrases and telling teenagers to kill themselves to think.

Most people of average wit would realise they weren’t being taken seriously; i.e. they were being mocked.

cherabushka

regardless Chuck, myself being a Marxist, I would ask that no one advertise their political groups here unless things get dire, it’s just a bit tacky, no one is coming here to join a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist study group

bev
bev

Is yelling fire in a crowded theatre jokey? Are death threats jokey? Is publishing comments wishing men dead jokey? Authorities dont consider them jokey. Neither should you. There is freedom of speach but there is a line and she stepped over it. People have been arrested for what she said. Just has happened in Australia last week. That person said no more than this woman did.

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

Sweet Kropotkin, not the RCP!

“A zombie is moaning across North America. The decaying, braindead corpse of Maoism.”