a voice for men antifeminism bullying harassment men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats warren farrell

Man Boobz readers would like to offer support for A Voice For Men’s doxxing victims in Toronto

STOP_Bullying_CLEAN

A Voice for Men has doxxed another student who was at the Warren Farrell protest at the University of Toronto. Her “crimes,” aside from going to the protest? She posted jokey comments on Twitter and a picture suggesting that it’s a good idea for people to get consent before having sex with other people. The Men’s Rights hate site has pledged to reveal the information of as many (female) protesters as they can find, and place them on Register-Her.com, its phony “offenders registry” which features feminists targeted by AVFM alongside convicted murderers and child molesters.

Readers of Man Boobz, in Toronto and around the world, would like to offer whatever support they can — moral or practical — to the targets of AVFM’s hate campaign. If you are one of the victims, or know how to get in touch with one of them, please contact me at futrelle [[at]] well [[dot]] com and I will pass their messages along to you.

EDITED TO ADD: If anyone has any messages for Sophia, the latest victim, I have a way I can pass them along to her.  Just email them to me, and let me know if you want me to pass your email address along to her as well. Anything you want confidential will be kept confidential.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL Argenti Aertheri, no need to yell. I’ve only been on site a couple-three months or so. We haven’t overlapped all that much, I think, but I’ve read lots of old posts. I don’t really know you even in site terms but I am pleasedtaseeya. 🙂

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

PS and still didn’t answer your question – I didn’t have a different name, it’s just this one. Kittehs’ or any abbreviation is fine, too.

Argenti Aertheri

Hmm…I must’ve had you confused with one of cloudiah’s many alter egos or something then, whoops! Pleased to see you too then (and Argenti is fine, just please don’t abbreviate me to AA, I’m still not alcoholics anonymous)

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Welcome back, Argenti! I missed your extensive statistical smackdowns. Although I guess there was just the one. But still!

Dear Clueless Review, come back when you’re at least as incisive and interesting as Adventure Time when it gets political:

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Hey, being confused with cloudiah is a compliment!

I remember you mentioning not being AA in an old thread. Yup, forewarned not to use that. I was mightily confused the other day when I saw TKUH and thought, “Who on earth is that? Oh … yeah, it’s me. Duh.”

CatBeast
CatBeast

Heh, thanks Kitteh! I’m glad so many other feminists come from ‘Straya, and that we seem to have a fondness for things of the cat persuasion. IR was known as “preggo punchout?” 0.o WTF? Remind me how the MRM is not, nor could ever be a hate group?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

He wasn’t known as Preggo Punchout, he wrote the synopsis for a proposed game by that name. It was about what you would imagine, but with bonus racism.

justeunperdant
justeunperdant

I like to read David because he writes really good post. He takes a quotes from someone on the web and generalized it using is all too powerful brain. I like cat too specially when they pee in my apartment everywhere. My cat are my only friends because I am socially inept.

Argenti Aertheri

Hi Tulgey! I want to say I had statistics lessons for both Antz and NWO, but maybe NWO’s lesson was in basic math. I’d claim to be back with 150% more statistics, but I probably don’t have time for that (also, asshole conservative relatives eat a good portion of my patience for such bullshit)

Kittehs’ — you’re welcome for the compliment then I guess?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

CatBeast – well, we know feminism is just the cover for the Great Feline Takeover of teh World, after all. It’s all part of the plan.

Argenti – *curtseys*

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

[Owly]

150% of something isn’t even possible! Typical feminist arglebarglebargle.

[/Owly]

Argenti Aertheri

“well, we know feminism is just the cover for the Great Feline Takeover of teh World, after all. It’s all part of the plan.”

Well someone is going to have to provide the thumbs, it isn’t like cans just open themselves or anything!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I wouldn’t get too confident about that.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Exactly! We are but the dupes and slaves of Basement Cat.

[owly]

How about a 3:2 ratio then?

[/owly]

Feline take over? Perhaps more like fish take over in my case, I have a very large plec acting like he’d like dinner now please XD

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Damn, redundant before we even take over for them …

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Plecs are a type of CATfish aren’t they?

Argenti Aertheri

“Plecs are a type of CATfish aren’t they?”

Touche — and I have a catfish invasion since one of my cories laid eggs…my mother does keep trying to convince the kitteh to play nice with the cories, because they’re cat(fish) too…

Oh noes, I have been converted to a cat slave!

Kakanian
Kakanian

>Okay, I’m sure I don’t have the sociology/psychology/etc. degree that you have, but I’ve read enough of the material published throughout history to know that there is an accepted correlation between intelligence and marketable skills

I’m sure there’s some IQ test out there that test for marketable skills. I mean, the field has mushroomed beyond control decades ago already. But in general it’s a normalizing test. The original idea was to find a way to test children’s developement level with very basic questions and correlate it to their age in order to see whether children were behind on the proposed mental development curve or not.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“Oh noes, I have been converted to a cat slave!”

You always WERE, you just didn’t know it.

If I was a Matrix fan I’d say something about the red pill here … red kibble, maybe?

Argenti Aertheri

Red catnip? Red ball with a bell inside? (lol, that’s what cats really need us for, finding those when they roll under the couch)

Kakanian — yeah, there probably is some test for marketable skills, but it isn’t going to be one of the (very few) IQ tests that mensa or the like accepts — point was that IR wanted a standard definition, and marketable skills is not the standard definition. The usefulness of IQ is kind of it’s own topic (in part because the standard IQ score *doesn’t* really mean much in adults).

Well, having

Pilled the cat

Put dental wash on the cat’s gums

Trimmed the cat’s toenails

I am now temporarily released from duty and might go watch an episode of Due South. Y’never know, there might be feminists on boy-bone dog sleds in it.

Niters, all!

Argenti Aertheri

G’Night! I think I’m calling it a night myself, it is 4:30 am here (me and the fish get along, we’re all nocturnal)

mildlymagnificent

I hope the Toronto people are feeling a bit easier in their minds.

I also expect the Lego company to feel assured of profits for the next few years once somebody patents my idea for a silent, invisible lego block dispensing machine for activation in certain specified bedrooms and bathrooms.

CatBeast
CatBeast

@mildlymagnificent- I would proudly donate my extensive lego collection to this glorious project. XD

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

This video is an omen that feminism and men’s rights can reconcile and eat fish together*:

*Not really

blitzgal

Her “crime” is being female in public. That’s it. Period. And now they need to put her in her place. What entitled assholes these guys are.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Also expressing my support for these students. Please let us know what, if anything, we can do along practical/material lines.

MisterKittens
MisterKittens

Huh, Register-Her wouldn’t accept my submissions for one Paul Elam. Must be technical errors.

Falconer

Arrg, I’ve been trying to write something in support of these students that doesn’t sound condescending or mansplainy to me, but I’m going to give up and just say:

These MRA bastards are assholes for harassing anyone. They suck. Hang in there.

cloudiah

They’ve doxxed another one. Can’t do any fancy formatting on my tablet.

Also, what Falconer said is what I’d like to say too.

leftwingfox

Damn, these guys are twisted.

All support to the women these assholes are trying to intimidate.

cloudiah

I just noticed they’re claiming “fair use” on one of the photos of her, which leads me to believe it is copyrighted. She may have an avenue to go after them and their web host.

Falconer

Also, what Falconer said is what I’d like to say too.

It’s odd, but that feels like an endorsement for some reason. Thanks! (if I can take it as such.)

inurashii
inurashii

Please pass along my wish for general and specific support. If any of them wish to contact an ally on twitter, my handle is the same as here: inurashii.

cloudiah

Consider yourself endorsed! (You captured what I would have said quite nicely.) 🙂

timetravellingfool

Jezebel says fuck you to MRA’s.

inurashii
inurashii

I like that article.

cloudiah

Countdown until the put Kate Harding on register-her.com starts now…

Carleyblue
Carleyblue

I just read the Jezebel piece. Sums it up pretty well, I think (especially the part about them making it harder to trust real male victims).

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Would Canadian law offer these women legal protection in all this? Canada has hate speech laws, and the whole registry could be in violation of them. Sorry, I’m in the US and don’t know much about law, especially for other countries.

There are also women on the registry who have been acquitted of their crimes in a court of law, but r-h puts them on there anyway. That might be in violation of libel laws, too.

Tracy Bradley
Tracy Bradley

I checked the image on TinEye, and looks like this image was taken by (and therefore is property of) National Post photographer Brett Gundlock as part of his Prisoners Project, portraits of ppl arrested at the G20 protests here in Toronto in summer 2011. http://prisonphotography.org/2011/01/31/brett-gundlock-prisoners-project/

I’v sent him an email letting him know.

judgybitch

Wow! Are you kidding! In response an observation that men are less likely to go to college and more likely to commit suicide, she tweeted GOOD.

That’s awful.

Falconer

JudgyBore: Where are you reading that?

inurashii
inurashii

JB, taking her tweets at face value is less a sign of moral high ground and more a sign of intellectual low ground.

MRAs are constantly asking us to regard their rape threats as ‘jokes’ or ‘out of context’, but even the cherry-picked statements on @wowidec’s twitter are patently obvious as facetious satire — a parody of the ‘straw feminists’ that the MRM constructs on a daily basis.

She is trolling. I’m not huge on that style of trolling and I don’t endorse it, but that doesn’t make doxxing her okay.

sidestinkappleeye

Offering my support as well.

hellkell
hellkell

That’s awful.

You don’t really think that. You just want to be outraged over something, anything, and this will do until the next shiny thing.