a voice for men antifeminism bullying harassment men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats warren farrell

Man Boobz readers would like to offer support for A Voice For Men’s doxxing victims in Toronto

STOP_Bullying_CLEAN

A Voice for Men has doxxed another student who was at the Warren Farrell protest at the University of Toronto. Her “crimes,” aside from going to the protest? She posted jokey comments on Twitter and a picture suggesting that it’s a good idea for people to get consent before having sex with other people. The Men’s Rights hate site has pledged to reveal the information of as many (female) protesters as they can find, and place them on Register-Her.com, its phony “offenders registry” which features feminists targeted by AVFM alongside convicted murderers and child molesters.

Readers of Man Boobz, in Toronto and around the world, would like to offer whatever support they can — moral or practical — to the targets of AVFM’s hate campaign. If you are one of the victims, or know how to get in touch with one of them, please contact me at futrelle [[at]] well [[dot]] com and I will pass their messages along to you.

EDITED TO ADD: If anyone has any messages for Sophia, the latest victim, I have a way I can pass them along to her.  Just email them to me, and let me know if you want me to pass your email address along to her as well. Anything you want confidential will be kept confidential.

bread
bread

http://www.avoiceformen.com/portal/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kill-all-men.jpg and then people on a voice for me think she’s actually going to get a tattoo like that oh my god I wish this could be funny but it’s just really really sad.

Eric26
Eric26

Ugh it’s illegal to tear down posters? I have to stop? Noooo.

I wish this girl well, although I can’t say I find murder jokes very funny. I assume she was trying to highlight how ridiculous MRAs are by echoing their venomous language?

hippodameia8527
hippodameia8527

I’m very happy to offer whatever moral and/or practical support will be of use.

Jezzlebutt
Jezzlebutt

Judging strictly by the screencaps this girl is kind of terrible, and giving them the ammunition they crave. From what I’ve seen, “A Voice for Men” (even the title is ridiculous) is a usual promoter of disgusting thinly veiled anti-female rape apology, but it just seems like she’s responding in turn against all men. Which is unfortunate, and unhelpful. She may be joking but the humor is lost on me I’m afraid, and it’s clearly lost on the MRAs as well.

Register-her is just… beyond awful though. Seriously. Clearly not sexist at all, to register only women as “false rape accusers” if they can’t PROVE their rape, and put alongside them women who are also just hateful, regardless if they have done anything. At least with sex offender sites we include men and women, because that’s how reality works…

Eric26
Eric26

Changed my mind, still going to tear down MRA posters.

Yoyo
Yoyo

Rather than posters maybe we dreadful womenz and manginas should turn to dacking and relieve them of their trousers?

cloudiah

Eric26, might I suggest that you try putting up a whole slew of our bizarre posters next to theirs? Judging by how much loathing they spew at David, I kind of think they hate being mocked as much as or more than having their posters torn down. (That just lets them feel like martyrs, which they looooooooooooooooooove.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

cloudiah – imagine if the Machete-Wielding Mob had stuck John the Otter posters all over the place! 😀 😀 😀

cloudiah

Seriously, I am going to print some of these out and put them up at my university. Just for shits and giggles. I’ll put the manboobz web site on them. XD

Cthulhu's Intern

Don’t do that! Otherwise, the MRAs are going to send their Elite Anti-Misandry Samurai Warriors with their katanas made of pure mithril at you!

Nepenthe

I have nothing else to say.

‘Cept this.

CatBeast
CatBeast

I have to ask, are there any people aside from MRA’s who think registerher is a good idea? The unfortunate implications of a *rapist* posting a victim is utterly horrifying, considering Paul Elam only wants to victimize women regardless of whether or not they did anything hugely morally offensive. I don’t think he even cares what Crimes(s)/offenses happened and weather there is actual, court-of-law evidence to prove him wrong. The site is one lawsuit waiting to happen. Is he even aware that the “false rape stats” came from a study done in the 80’s with terrible testing conditions that crossed the line between information gathering and outright harassment? Is it even his place to pass judgement on rape victims? (And the list of logical questions goes on to eleventy-billion) What an asshole, I hope he steps on legos for eternity and spends his afterlife reading “Gay-Nazi-Bikers of Gor” whilst having to listen to every song sung by Barry Manilow. Even the ones in the horrible Don Bluth adaption of “Thumbelina.”

CatBeast
CatBeast

Oops! *Whether.

MordsithJ
MordsithJ

I realize that Anonymous is 1. Nobody’s attack dog, and 2. Not an organized group, but a collection of autonomous individuals, but I think it’s just a matter of time before they’ll be paying Mr. Elam a visit, same as they did with this idiot.

BritterSweet
BritterSweet

I wish to send my regards to the student, and any others who will most likely also be targeted. There may not be much I can do as just a person at a keyboard. I don’t even have the hacking skills useful to groups like Anonymous. But keep in mind that this movement is indeed exposing the *real* hateful bigots. This just adds to the evidence against them.

Trae Dorn
Trae Dorn

It’s moments like this where I become absolutely baffled by anyone who says Men’s Rights groups aren’t hate groups.

CatBeast
CatBeast

I hope these girls are okay, regardless of Elam’s asshattery. I offer my support in Aus regardless.

CatBeast
CatBeast

Lol, oops. Two regardlesses in one post. AM I BECOMING STEELE?

ideologuereview

Oh, look, MordsithJ thinks that Anonymous is going to do her dirty work for her so she doesn’t have to learn and do that icky hacking herself.
And David has moved on from screaming about the declining Men’s Rights search queries (which have declined at the same rate as queries for “feminism”) to screaming about holding people accountable for their statements and actions. Didn’t you squeal with glee about that SPLC article which named and made fun of a guy for his health and financial situation?
If you object so strongly to naming and shaming, then don’t condone it.

I will also point out that doxing is defined by most sources as “the practice of investigating and revealing a target subject’s personally identifiable information, such as home address, workplace information and credit card numbers, without consent. The word is derived from “docs,” which is a shortened term for “documents.” So putting a name and face to a quote would not be doxing, especially if that information was already publicly available. Like Dave said, even the simplest of searches can unearth such information when it is posted by the user in question. All AVfM did was make that information more readily accessible to employers – anyone who really wanted to find it would have found it themselves.
Doxing would be more along the lines of that time when Dave released someone’s IP address linked through a backtrace site because he wrote comments that made Dave feel bad.

cloudiah

Preggo Punchout/IR, is it painful to be so stupid? I often wonder…

hellkell
hellkell

Shut up, PreggoPunchout.

(BTW, the sound wasn’t working in Firefox but it works in Chrome.)

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

It appears I’ve returned just in time to point out that that IP backtraced to what appears to be a ToR hub. But you keep fucking that chicken IR (at least some things don’t change?)

ideologuereview

Argentine, David did not know that was a ToR hub, did he? He thought he was posting the hometown of a dissenter. Why else would he link it through a backtracer?
The point is, David considers doxing okay when he does it. David just cares about making noise and causing grief for others, but luckily he only attracts pseudointellectual narcissists and, well, trolls.

Nepenthe

I’m glad I have Firefox, because watching that video with the Benny Hill theme would have killed me ded. Ded I say!

Nepenthe

pseudointellectual narcissists and, well, trolls

Hmm.. yes, yes he does. That’s remarkably perceptive of you Preggo!

Oh, oh, you were talking about the regulars here! I see… I was worried when in looked like you’d said something insightful.

ideologuereview

Oh, I was wondering how you guys measure intelligence. I’m fairly certain it’s not based on one’s independence or marketable skills (both of which Davey and many of the regulars here lack), so then how do you rationalize your intelligence? I’m not even trying to be hurtful or snarky, I really am curious how you try to write off yourself as “better” than the people you hate. I know a helpful and constructive answer on a social justice blog occurs once in a blue moon, but I’m feeling lucky.

ideologuereview

I was worried when in looked like you’d said something insightful.

I was also when in looked insightful said something, for great justice.

MordsithJ
MordsithJ

But he was right about the ‘troll’ part.

I was also when in looked insightful said something, for great justice.

He’s a bot, right?

Nepenthe

I’m better than MRAs because I have a larger collection of cute animal videos. It’s so obvious.

I know math. ∃ Red Panda ∴ Nepenthe is superior.

QED muthafuckas.

(The traditional way of ending a proof after midnight.)

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

katz — only if bots have started having deviant art accounts, that preggo punchout game is totally a pipe dream of his.

IR — considering it took me all of 5 min to realize that wasn’t anything like a home address, yeah it’s highly likely David had the same realization. And most of us measure intelligence in IQ points or another standardized method. Marketable skills are really not a factor.

Nepenthe

Oh man guys, I mistyped “it” as “in” because I’m laying on my couch watching animal videos and not fully engaged with trollboy. He wins all the arguments. Damn.

I know he’s not a bot, I just have a hard time believing that anyone could type “I was also when in looked” and think they were writing a real sentence.

cloudiah

The people I hate want all women dead. I am better than them. Disprove this, Preggo Punchout.

cloudiah

I am a bot. I have achieved sentience.

ideologuereview

Marketable skills are really not a factor.

IR/FF is still working on achieving sentence.

ideologuereview

Right, my earlier comment was making fun of this garbled nonesense:

I was worried when in looked like you’d said something insightful.

Most places I would post this would be able to infer I was joking and get the “for great justice” reference, but I guess in social justice blogs people are too stupid yelling at each other about ambiguous phrases and telling teenagers to kill themselves to think.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Argumentum ad Youtube is still not a viable method of debate, give me the cliff notes version if it’s not just a rambling mess. Also, you can claim whatever you like, as can random youtube people, the psych answer is standardized tests that don’t even debate including marketable skills (and yes, psychology includes the study of human intelligence in general).

“I am a bot. I have achieved sentience.” —

ideologuereview

Okay, I’m sure I don’t have the sociology/psychology/etc. degree that you have, but I’ve read enough of the material published throughout history to know that there is an accepted correlation between intelligence and marketable skills. In fact, I have yet to find a reputable study which finds intelligence inversely proportional to income level, regardless of how loudly too many pseudo-Nietzscheists proclaim that their superiority to the [rich] is unquantifiable.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Argenti Aertheri, lovely to see you back on site! 🙂

David, my moral support to the women these bastards are trying to intimidate/harm.

CatBeast – hi, fellow Aussie! ::waves::

To the MRM – may you shit Legos the rest of your lives.

Nepenthe

accepted correlation between intelligence and marketable skills.

Years of reading into gifted education leads me to ask, accepted by who? And what exactly is a marketable skill?

Nepenthe

I’m pretty sure that memorizing strings of numbers, making pictures with blocks, and putting story cards in order aren’t marketable skills.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Published…throughout history? I think you mean the last century or two. That aside, correlation is not causation (and I never did make a flashy gif for that)

And I didn’t say inversely proportional, I said that marketable skills are not a measure of intelligence. Also, art, literature, etc…usually not considered marketable skills. But you know what is a marketable skill? Mindlessly following directions like a good little employee.

The Kittehs’ Unpaid Help — I know I should know what your previous SN was, but my brain is failing me, care to enlighten me? (and then yell at me >.<)

Jessay (@jessay)

Women on registerher really need to take legal action against that site. Those who aren’t up there for rape/molestation need to get on them for a defamation suit. This shit is ridiculous.

Jessay (@jessay)

BTW, are all those on there for rape/molestation convicted of their crimes?

1 2 3 4