a voice for men antifeminism facepalm FemRAs frontman fallacy MRA oppressed men transphobia TyphonBlue whaaaaa? YouTube

FeMRA TyphonBlue: What if the men who seem to run the world … AREN’T REALLY MEN?

How women rule the world.
Women ruling the world?

When confronted with the simple fact that men hold the overwhelming majority of positions of power in the world – in government, business, culture, and pretty much everything else – MRAs like to pretend that the actual gender of those in power makes no difference because, well, the men in power are probably a bunch of manginas doing the dirty work of the women who really run the world. Or something like that.

Indeed, some MRAs have even managed to convince themselves that the very basic historical and sociological fact that men in power, by and large, tend to represent men’s interests more than women’s interests is some sort of locical fallacy – something that they’ve labeled  “The Frontman Fallacy.”

Now A Voice for Men contributor and YouTube videoblogger TyphonBlue has done these guys one better in terms of sheer antifeminist loopiness. In the comments on one of the Warren Farrell protest videos I recently wrote about, she argues that men in power don’t really push male interests because … they probably don’t even think of themselves as men.

Here she is, writing under her other nom-de-net Genderratic:

yttyphonbluebizarre3yttyphonbluebizarre2yttyphonbluebizarre

I don’t even know what to say to this. I mean, WHAT?!

PROTIP: You’re not going to convince anyone you’re a great ally of trans* people if you refer to them as “it.”

Fibinachi

“Spell-Checking Mein Kampf: My Misadventures In Manifestos, MRA’s and Misogyny”

The sequel is

“Applied Neurology: How To Scrape Out Memories With A Spoon”

Bina
Bina

Glass of wine, do your work,
Rid my mem’ries of this jerk!

Puddleglum

All this talk reminded me of a bottle of absinthe I had bought ages ago. I just checked; it’s still there. OMG, 60% proof? No wonder we’re supposed to dilute it.

thebewilderness

I sent the dark lord a troll alert.

valeriekeefe

@Fibinaci

“No one came in here and asked you to dictate who was acceptable, or not acceptable, and pretending you have that right by some god given virtue is the sickest usurpation of attention I have quite seen”

It’s your pretenses to intersectional feminism that dictated the rubric under which you would be judged.

pallygirl
pallygirl

6 hic

hippodameia8527
hippodameia8527

I don’t think this troll has staying power.

brooked

The Jade brand of absinthe has brought my much joy, albeit costly joy. I loves it so.

thebewilderness

Authoritarian asshattery for fifty Alex.

Puddleglum

Sez the troll that thinks oppression olympics = intersectionality.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Even my cat seems to be wondering what’s going on, she’s weaving in and out of my legs alternately purring and yowling.

I bet she didn’t try to talk Robin Morgan out of, um, something? Either.

(Still not sure what we’re supposed to be angry with her about tbh, only book of hers I remember is Demon Lover.)

Unimaginative

Feminists caused trans meds to be de-listed in the US, and now you want us to campaign for Planned Parenthood to provide them? Or is it that Planned Parenthood runs the FDA? Holy crap, we’re back to women secretly running Big Daddy Gummint! I’m sensing that the real cause to all these problems is… Ancient Aliens.

Puddleglum

Puddleglum

Dammit.

1?

valeriekeefe

@

“I don’t think this troll has staying power.”

Gosh, I miss when I had the moral certainty to define troll as, “someone who disagrees with me.”

pallygirl
pallygirl

Unimaginative

Puddleglum

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Honestly I feel like if I started signing “rubber ducky you’re the one, you make bathtime lots of fun” it would make about as much sense as the rest of this conversation.

(Except that I didn’t have a rubber ducky, I had a rubber shark.)

hippodameia8527
hippodameia8527

Maybe you don’t have any moral certainty because you’re an asshole.

thebewilderness

We do disagreements hands down and walking away every day. Some days we disagree with our own selves. Trolling is not disagreeing and you have surely been on the intarwebs long enough to know that.

Unimaginative

Rubber sharky, you’re the two! I like bathing, yes I do!

brooked

I can only speak for myself, but I don’t take cues for intersectional feminism from white pedantic libertarian FeMRAs. I don’t think it’s productive.

Fibinachi

@weirwoodtreehugger

“When I write my memoirs they will be titled Spell Checking Mein Kampf: A Tale of Misandry and Cats.”

It’s so adorable that you get to minimize the mortality effects of the delisting of transition medicine in the US and the moral implications of tolerating same when it was a cisfeminist (one word) project.

@Fibinaci

Oh my my my
Here’s a little rhyme for your lie
When you make a simple phrase
don’t confuse your for we for I
That’s a “would” but it should be a “could”
on accounting the account
that the evidence mounts
for a standard of behavior
that you dictate with intents of hate
not intents of debate
not intending to relate
because you’re defending your isolate
opinion from a solipsistic mind!

If the framework is the rubric
that defines who could-be
it should-be and would-be
that it’s “could” when you define your terms
you evidence the interrelations of people in terms
of how they stick to others and what bothers
that’s differentials of power
our current misapplied theory of the hour

The stance of intersection isn’t “You’re wrong because I’m right”
It’s “This conflux of cordinates creates a little mesh
that I think influences quite a bigger mess”

Protip: If you use it as bludgeon
you’re just a fucking curmudgeon
who understood neither the theory
nor the idea
and should get back to the library
get out of here
read some more
if you intend to use the words without being a boor and a bore.

Puddleglum

More absinthe trivia: apparently, lots of people like to light it before they add the water. At 60% proof, I don’t think that would be the smartest idea.

valeriekeefe
Reply to  Puddleglum

@Puddleglum

Sez the troll that thinks oppression olympics = intersectionality.

Okay, so cis women calling out the privilege of trans women violates intersectionality how?

Oh, right, because “oppression olympics” is a phrase that devolved into, “don’t call out the structural power I have over you cuz we’re all leftists in good standing,” a long time ago, even if the person in question has nothing but privilege over you.

Wow, I’ve so been convinced of the error of my ways by the people who never said anything about Robin Morgan still being allowed out in public without an invitation to The Hague, alongside Gloria Steinem at a Women in Media Gala with the latter’s enthusiastic support… and let the distancing, or trotting out of an article in which she pretends she wasn’t a naked transmisogynist ensue…

Dawn Incognito
Dawn Incognito

Fibinachi, you’re my hero.

weirwoodtreehugger

I vote for keeping this troll. She’s funny.

pallygirl
pallygirl

I’ve always wondered about setting alcoholic drinks alight and baking cakes in the oven that have alcohol – doesn’t it make the alcohol burn as fuel/evaporate away?

valeriekeefe

@Puddleglum

“Wait, wasn’t the reason trans meds were de-listed because trans is no longer considered a mental illness?”

Nope. Janice Raymond in 1981

But the genocide-denialism does not go un-noted.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

And I still have no idea what Robin Morgan is supposed to have done, or why it means that she should have been under house arrest.

pallygirl
pallygirl

You were asked not to use that word out of respect to someone on this board.

Fuck off you self-centred idiot.

hippodameia8527
hippodameia8527

Nah, this is just garden variety trolling. The trolls in the old days were like boils, painful and lingering. Trolls these days are more like pimples.

thebewilderness

Your rewriting of history has also been noted. Zombie lies never die because asshats never stop telling them to the gullible.

valeriekeefe

@Unimaginative

I will try to reprint your post without the implicit erasure of my feminism, if you don’t mind…

“[Cisf]eminists caused trans meds to be de-listed in the US, and now you want us to campaign for Planned Parenthood to provide them? Or is it that Planned Parenthood runs the FDA? Holy crap, we’re back to [cis]women secretly running Big Daddy Gummint! I’m sensing that the real cause to all these problems is… Ancient Aliens.”

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Rubber sharky you’re the woo, we have lots of thing to…fuck it, I need a drink.

Puddleglum

I shall treasure this always.

Fibinachi

@Puddleglum

Sez the troll that thinks oppression olympics = intersectionality.

I’ve got an idea
so now listen here!

Let’s say there’s hierarchies, yeah?
And people stack up and down the pyramid, yeah?

(okay, so what?)

Well that’s no fun!
If you’re on the ground rung!
You’re crushed by the weight of indifferent mammon
you’re a cog in a machine, and if you can’t run
you’re undone
so no fun

Ah, yes, but maybe it’s a pyramid
maybe it’s a three-dimensional cloud map

(“so what’s with that?”)

Clearly that means that people are
as people do
sometimes not one sort of bad
sometimes two
red fish, blue fish, me and you
that green fish over there has troubles too!

(“Right, I get it, we all participate in a network of possible oppressions that can devaluate our essential human wonders into stale little rocks of pain, and this is bad, and there are multiple axis upon which these nodes turn!”)

WRONG YOU FUCKING TWERP
IT MEANS I’M BETTER THAN YOU
‘CAUSE I’M LOWER ON THE PYRAMID
SO I’M ACTUALLY ON TOP
SO EVERYTHING I SAY IS RIGHT
AND YOU MUST OBEY MUST OBEY MUST OBEY SWEAT MORE BLOOD MORE TEARS MORE STORM THE PENTAGON TODAY HUSTLE HUSTLE.

( It must be nice to make the world implode
become an epicenter of an ego
that blocks the sun
and for the rest of us
no fun
no fun
no fun )

valeriekeefe
Reply to  cassandrakitty

@Pallygirl

“You were asked not to use that word out of respect to someone on this board.

Fuck off you self-centred idiot.”

1. I have no idea what you’re talking about because there’s a torrent of abuse.

2. I can practically guarantee it’s a disingenuous concern.

3. But of course, talking over and mocking a trans woman’s concerns is okay because you can find other ones who’ll cling to your ankles in exchange for a reification of their sex… bravo.

Seriously, do you really think you’re doing anything but being bigoted assholes and calling it feminism?

Kim
Kim

Trolls should not have image posting privileges. They are not to be trusted.

hippodameia8527
hippodameia8527

The troll’s non-denial of assholishness has been noted.

valeriekeefe
Reply to  Kim

@Kim

And of course Troll = trans woman with a legitimate grievance considering it’s been cisfeminists who were responsible for the largest rollback of transition rights in Western History but we’ll pretend not because we’re indistinguishable from TERFs, ultimately…

brooked

A FeMRA posts an unimaginative, barely functional MRA meme as an anti-feminist gotcha. Yawn.

thebewilderness

Genocide is the word you were instructed to stop using until you understand what it means. There are those here who have experienced it up close and personal and your appropriation is offensive.

Puddleglum

Whoever called this troll a FeMRA nailed it. I’m surprised it took this long for ‘what about the menz!’ trope to pop up.

pallygirl
pallygirl

Here’s a game for you, why don’t you look at the comment before mine, and see which of the words you typed would be considered offensive.

Big hint: you were asked not to use the word earlier, so it’s a word you’ve used twice.

And I’m mocking you, not because you’re a trans woman, but because your posts are worthy of mocking. I would mock you if you were a cis woman too.

valeriekeefe

@hipposmeia8527

“The troll’s non-denial of assholishness has been noted.”

There is only so much I can do there being a half-dozen of you and one of me.

valeriekeefe

@pallygirl

I’m being mobbed, so you’re going to have to link, dude.

1 7 8 9 10 11 14