a voice for men antifeminism facepalm FemRAs frontman fallacy MRA oppressed men transphobia TyphonBlue whaaaaa? YouTube

FeMRA TyphonBlue: What if the men who seem to run the world … AREN’T REALLY MEN?

How women rule the world.
Women ruling the world?

When confronted with the simple fact that men hold the overwhelming majority of positions of power in the world – in government, business, culture, and pretty much everything else – MRAs like to pretend that the actual gender of those in power makes no difference because, well, the men in power are probably a bunch of manginas doing the dirty work of the women who really run the world. Or something like that.

Indeed, some MRAs have even managed to convince themselves that the very basic historical and sociological fact that men in power, by and large, tend to represent men’s interests more than women’s interests is some sort of locical fallacy – something that they’ve labeled  “The Frontman Fallacy.”

Now A Voice for Men contributor and YouTube videoblogger TyphonBlue has done these guys one better in terms of sheer antifeminist loopiness. In the comments on one of the Warren Farrell protest videos I recently wrote about, she argues that men in power don’t really push male interests because … they probably don’t even think of themselves as men.

Here she is, writing under her other nom-de-net Genderratic:

yttyphonbluebizarre3yttyphonbluebizarre2yttyphonbluebizarre

I don’t even know what to say to this. I mean, WHAT?!

PROTIP: You’re not going to convince anyone you’re a great ally of trans* people if you refer to them as “it.”

Puddleglum

Gotcha.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

non-forcible culture suppression would be things like how hispanic culture is devalued in the us, or how orthodox jewish culture or amish culture are devalued. these peoples are in a continual process of assimilation and must take proactive steps to avoid that. this is culture suppression but not genocide by any means, even if the amish were to someday entirely disappear.

native peoples typically have a very different experience, one which features rape, murder, and the kidnapping of children to be raised away from their parents. hence: genocide can be an appropriate word.

Robert
Robert

PoM – as in the (in)famous slogan, “kill the Indian, save the man”.

kittehserf

Would it be a bad idea to hold my breath while I wait?

::considers::

Yes, I suspect it would.

brooked

I used Latvia as an example of cultural suppression because Russification of Soviet Eastern European countries was clearly non-genocidal forced assimilation.

“Kill the Indian, save the man” didn’t get coined until the late 19th century, after millions of Native people were murdered in a deliberate government sanctioned genocide and only several hundred thousand remained.

vaiyt

@valerie

Wow… okay, One: What about my photo would make you doubt what my pronouns were?

Faulty premise: question assumes I knew what gender you identify as. The whole point of my post was that your little argle-bargle was too confusing for me to even guess (and I’d never assume anything about you based on your avatar, I have no way to know if the photo is even yours). I used “his” to refer to David, who, as far as I know, identifies himself as a man.

Do I need to detail some sexual assaults before you will stop mocking my concerns?

Faulty premise: your life history is irrelevant to whatever “concerns” you have about the attitudes of people from two years ago.

Puddleglum

I’m just glad we’re all on the same page re: natives experiencing forcible assimilation. Because there isn’t enough absinthe in the world otherwise.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

I hope that there is no doubt or confusion in anyone’s mind that I am indeed a Catshark, and that Puddleglum is evil.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

Valerie is still: (1) reading, (2) trying to comment even though she knows she’s modded, and (3) claiming that no one ever hand-fed her an explanation of what she was supposed to apologize for. It’s really sad.

Valerie, you’ll find the answer in the second comment on this very page! But since I fully expect you to whine that being expected to scroll up is oppressive, here is a sixth attempt to get you to pay attention: https://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2012/12/09/femra-typhonblue-maybe-the-men-who-seem-to-run-the-world-arent-really-men/comment-page-8/#comment-648769 . Sorry, I’m fresh out of silver platters.

weirwoodtreehugger

I can picture her pounding at her keyboard in a rage, spittle flecks on the monitor shouting about how we’re trying to genocide her.

It’s making me laugh and laugh.

hellkell
hellkell

That is sad–having a good keyboard smash with no one to read it. Word salad in the void.

Fibinachi

I am the ghost of rages past
my raging seas churn and
grasp the frenetic frolic of wrathspawned waves
outlast the rock of patience, shear
pillars of magnanimity to wreck
and burn the coast of commentaries with fear

Praise be moderators, scorn and snark
to halt these blasted puddles in their trek
delay the pissant, unpleasant fetid
fungus dank and dark
slimemolds across a mind of puerile perfidity

You’re neither welcome here nor there
so please avaunt yourselves bold
steadily.

Robert
Robert

Fibinachi – that read like a collaboration between Guillaume Apollinaire and Enoch Soames.

Just brill.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

If your keys break off from ragetyping really hard into the internet void does anyone hear them go click?

kirbywarp

The hell just happened here. O_O Is it worth going further back in the chat logs?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

i read the whole thing this morning and it was entertaining.

kittehserf

Well I hope everyone realises I am a king dressed up as a pirate. Because gravatar.

This one’s a real piece of work. How familiar are people here with her? She posts on MRA boards and told a woman (TW: child rape) that it wasn’t so bad her eight-year-old-daughter being raped because she had “damselling” to support her. This is radioactive-waste level toxic, abuser’s misogyny.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

the very first post set the tone. i saw it before going to bed but didn’t reply b/c i couldn’t figure out if this person was identifying as trans or as an ally, and i didn’t feel like inquiring w/o being able to properly type.

kirbywarp

All I know was that she was very active on twitter demanding David apologise for… something…

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Keefe displays textbook abuse. Probably why she got so mad at Fibi for bringing up Why Does He DO That and considered it a persona insult.

grumpyoldnurse

@ kittehserf – WTF is damselling? Until that I wasn’t taking this all that seriously. Just another manospherian troll. But excusing child rape with made up BS? Nope. I literally saw red just then.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Kirby, she was demanding a personal apology for his having used an asterisk two years ago. No, srsly. That is what she is on about.

kittehserf

Far as I can tell damselling is the notion that women and girls who are rape victims get support because teh menz are so eager to protect damsels in distress. Keefe claims she had it So Much Worse when she was assaulted as a teenager than a woman or girl would. Trans she may be, but she’s an MRA through and through.

kirbywarp

I’m assuming you’re talking about using the term “trans*”?

Two years ago was long before I started commenting on ShitRedditSays, which I think tends to be up-to-date on terminology, and I believe they were using trans*. It wasn’t until after I started commenting (a little over a year ago) that the term fell out of use, I think…

If I’m right about the history, then she was demanding an apology for use of a phrase back when it was the preferred term?

grumpyoldnurse

Thanks, kitteh, for explaining that. How solipsistic does one have to be to try to out-victim an 8 year old rape victim?

Please excuse me, I am too angry to do this just now.

Unimaginative

Kirby, that is correct. That is what she was doing. Very incoherently.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

Huh.

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

… Holy pancakes, what did I miss?!

1. Apparently I’m actually GLaDOS. I’m okay with this.

2. I’m also a bad feminist because I was an egg in my mother’s ovaries 34 years ago. I’m not so okay with this.

3. I’m almost positive that this whole thing is a “Gotcha” attempt – appear out of nowhere, act like an absolute arseshoe, use the resulting mockery as bullshit James O’Keefe-level “Proof” that we’re trans-exclusionary rather than arseshoe-exclusionary, ???, PROFIT. At least, that’s the only explanation that doesn’t make my eyeballs explode. There’s nothing okay about this.

weirwoodtreehugger

They’re about to announce whether Darren Wilson will be indicted. I was watching Sleepy Hollow on Fox so I’m about to learn that Michael Brown will get no justice from Fox News 🙁

kittehserf

Even if Wilson is indicted, they’ll never convict him. 🙁

grumpyoldnurse – no apologies, any decent person is angry at someone handwaving child rape. Hugs if they’re wanted.

kirbywarp

Is my link wrong, or did he not get indicted?

kittehserf

kirbywarp – ahhhh, fuckers, what a surprise, not. 😡

kittehserf

No, he didn’t, by that. We cross-posted.

grumpyoldnurse

Welp, we’re doomed.

C’mon, folks, we had a pretty good run, but everyone knew talking apes was a bad idea. Time for us to fade, maybe after one last blaze, and leave the planet for a more deserving species. I’m betting on potato bugs.

Thanks, kittehserf, for the cyberhugs.

Fuck.

Apparently cops are behind barracades around the courthouse. The whole thing smacks of “we’re gonna let this guy go and not give you justice, but don’t you dare do anything about it.”

Fuck…

weirwoodtreehugger

I’m just sooooooooooo surprised.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

@ M

Yep, I’m pretty sure this whole thing was an attempt at gathering evidence that both David and the commenters are bastard people, given how quickly things went from “this asterisk is offensive, why did you use it?” to “you are all bastard people who want to genocide me who also spellchecked Mein Kampf”. It’s classic trolling, nobody acts like that unless their goal is to start a fight.

She’s also attempting some sort of social justice aikido move over on her Tumblr involving creative/confusing use of terminology around the whole “real women” thing which is probably going to go over about as well as the whole “damselling” thing, but with bonus confusion. I tried getting Mr C to read some of this stuff last night and he just kept saying “huh?”.

grumpyoldnurse

Would it be petty for me to say that I hope she social justice aikido drop kicks herself in the head?

Yeah, that would probably be petty.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Sad to say but I remember how the Oscar Grant case played out, so I wasn’t expecting Wilson to be indicted. There were even assholes fundraising for him. Fundraising for a murderer – yep, I sure am proud of my ethnic group right now.

kirbywarp

It takes 9 out of 12 jurors to convict, and 9 out of 12 people on the jury were white. Interesting coincidence… I wonder how the vote turned out.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

I suspect it will be more like attempts complicated social justice aikido move, lands on own butt, may or may not have enough self awareness to feel embarrassed.

kirbywarp

Well, got that turned around in my head, so it came out like misunderstanding the math rather than grim sarcasm. Oh well. *goes back to quietly seething*

grumpyoldnurse

Self awareness is not for awesome FeMRAs with their awesome awsomeness. She’ll probably just blame feminism for tripping her.

hellkell
hellkell

Fuck fuck fuck re: Ferguson. Not that I didn’t see this coming.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Self-awareness and being a FeMRA would seem to be mutually exclusive.

BreakfastMan
BreakfastMan

Not happy about the Ferguson ruling at all. 🙁

grumpyoldnurse

The blinding rage must be fading, as kitteh’s kitty made me smile. Thanks, kittehserf!