abortion creepy evil women markymark men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA reactionary bullshit

We’ve Reached a New Low in Misogynistic Self-Righteousness

The kitties are not impressed with your argument, Mr. Anonymous
The kitties are not impressed with your argument, Mr. Anonymous

So our excitable old friend MarkyMark (not the actor-singer) just put up a not-very-original rant of the “women are worse than Hitler because of abortion” variety. More interesting than his post — which is frankly not very interesting — is this comment from an anonymous fellow that takes misogynistic self-righteousness to a whole new (low) level:

This is one of the reasons that I use women for my convenience. They can kill with impunity – nothing I do to them comes close to that level of evil. So they are for my pleasure, then I ditch them although I do come back sometimes. (They aren’t very bright which is what makes it workable.)

Yep: He’s not just a self-righteous prick; he’s self-righteous about being a prick.

I can only hope his own “evil” is mostly of the “slept with a woman and didn’t call her back” sort — or is just imaginary internet boasting —  because his “logic” could pretty much justify anything short of violent murder.

freitag235
freitag235

I hate when trolls pretend to be women. I’m not sure if they like the idea of women arguing with each other, ’cause weeee, catfight! Or if they’re trying prove some women don’t dig equality.

I think it’s to try and claim credibility. “I are a wimmin so you must takes me seriously.” Coming in and announcing that they’re an MRA automatically deducts points, so if they pretend to be wives and moms they think their arguments will carry more weight.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“I are a wimmin with a creepy crush on my son. Why you no respect me?”

themisanthropicmuse

“Honestly I think there are two things you’re overlooking here. 1. Most people who call themselves pro-life aren’t actually focused on the saving babies part at all (you can tell this by how they frame their arguments, as well as by their lack of interest in other child welfare issues)” Well considering that less unwanted pregnancies = less abortions yet many of these people don’t agree with the idea of family planning or birth control pretty much makes it painfully clear this it has fuck all to do with ‘babies’ and everything to do with controlling women.

whataboutthemoonz

MRAs automatically dismiss people for being women, so they assume feminists will do the same and only accept dissent from other women, maybe?

freitag235
freitag235

@CassandraSays, did you read the “letter” s/he wrote to a prospective DIL? That is *very* creepy. The “son” is such a paragon it’s not even funny. A Marine (the ultimate in manly manliness) who’s been deployed (such a manly thing to do), is brawny, handsome, on his way to a posh job because of the manly things he’ll be studying, drives manly cars, and is much too good for any female-type person. Things s/he won’t allow for her manly son: any body fat, self-esteem, independent thought, education, or any indication that she’s going to be anything other than devoted to the imaginary son and dedicated to keeping herself in perfect shape to appeal to him at all times.

No, I don’t believe driversuz is female. Reeks of MRA troll describing his ideal self and his ideal woman.

Amused

@freitag235: One thing I immediately noticed in that lengthy post about her son is a total absence of any description of his personality. That struck me as really weird.

freitag235
freitag235

@Amused, I work with a lot of women and it’s been my experience that when speaking of their children, they lead off with things about “my daughter brought home this great painting she did in art class” or “he’s so clever about insects” rather than “she’s a beautiful child” or “my Stevie’s so handsome.” It’s up to others to comment on photos and mention the child’s looks. And no, driversuz only describes his virility rather than what he’s like. This smacks of MRA, since they tend to have rather disagreeable personalities.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I find it vry hard to imagine a doting mom who doesn’t know (or care) what her kid is studying. As usual, when MRAs try to impersonate women they fail miserably due to having no idea what women are like either individually or as a group.

themisanthropicmuse

All I know is that if I take her post about her son as being legit, it’s a bit disturbing to me and it makes me pity him. His mom will be sure to chase away his prospective partners. I mean, who the hell would want THAT for a MIL?!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Another birthday kitty.

Dvärghundspossen

@Cassandra:

No worries. I’m curious about why adoption isn’t an option in Sweden, though. I assume adoption isn’t totally illegal, so why isn’t it an option for someone who’s pregnant and trying to figure out what to do?

It’s not illegal, but it’s not presented as an option, it’s very rare, and those few women who have managed to adopt their babies away have been fighting tooth and nail with the authorities to do so.

I think it’s a combination of some general assumption that adoption is only for crazy pro-life people, and we’re not like that in enlightened Sweden, we abort if we don’t want a baby. Plus biological ties with children are generally seen as sort of sacred here. Which is stupid, and I don’t know why that is (I guess some sociologist could explain that). For instance, if someone is a terribly unfit parent, the kid might be taken to a foster home. And stay there temporarily, until terribly unfit parent is momentarily better (like, for the moment doing less drugs or being less violent or whatever) – then the kid is thrown back to unfit parent. Until unfit parent gets worse again, and it’s back to foster home. Recently there’s been some discussion about this policy perhaps not being in the best interest of the children – maybe, is someone has proven that zie is really unfit to be a parent, it would be better to let the foster home adopt the kids rather than keep carting them back and forth. But there’s this general assumption that ties between biological parent/child are SUPER IMPORTANT.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Way back upthread, Pecunium said this:

The cute animals are how we deal with the unpleasant things in the world (e.g. your own dear self). Like time spent with babies, or in the garden, or listening to music we enjoy, it rejuvenates us. It increases the net happiness in our lives.

That seems to offend you.

Seems to me that says a lot about the MRM generally. They could call themselves the MLC – Misery Loves Company. From what I’ve seen (and I don’t follow Dave’s links often, there’s only so much toxicity I can stand) they are a miserable, hate-filled crew who are not just enraged by women having independent lives, but by people of any gender being happy. Who the hell gets angry about baby animal videos, ferchrissake? But one sees that sneer here, and not just about us watching them; sometimes it’s expressed* as dislike for animals themselves.

Which only makes the MRM more despicable, of course.

Oh, and I am inclined to think FailSux is a man, for the same reasons everyone’s stated. I mean, just the bit about uni courses – going to university is such a huge deal, so expensive and so important to a young person’s future – it has the potential to affect their whole life, as does not being able to go – how could any caregiving parent not know or care what course and subjects their child was doing? It makes no sense at all. So at the very least, I’d say this son is imaginary, regardless of “Suz’s” gender. And if he’s real, then S sounds like a pretty creepy and crap parent.

*Assuming the trolls are actually writing what they’re trying to say, which, given their general incompetence, isn’t a given.

WeeBoy
WeeBoy

I am always a bt anti deciding someones gender isnt what they say it is. It smells of transphobia to me.

cloudiah

Seconding what WeeBoy just said. At the end of the day, who cares? What’s important is that driversuz can’t make a logical argument, and just copypastas the standard MRM talking points without being able to support them.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Any way you slice it, Failsuz is creepy, lazy, misogynistic, and wrong. I’ll take her presentation for what it is. I mean, heck, I don’t know why any woman would say that pleasing men’s weiners elevates women above livestock, but there’s TyphonBlue saying exactly that shit.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

For me it’s about who’s saying it. MRM trolls have malicious intent here, which puts me into disbelief mode; it doesn’t apply to other commenters. It’s more about trolls being lying liars than about what they’re specifically claiming. Like Dr Philosopher Cardinal General President Pell.

hellkell
hellkell

I’m going to third that. I really don’t think Suz is smart enough to pretend to be something they aren’t. I can believe there’s very clueless women with Gertrude complexes who support the MRM.

freitag235
freitag235

I’ll agree to not try and gendertype driversuz, but I find it interesting that zie is more concerned with how a potential mate for zir son looks rather than if he loves her, if she loves him, does she have a sense of humor, does she like his dog (if he’s got one), can they be happy together. That sort of thing is what I hear from parents I know when discussing their children’s future, not “muffin tops.”

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Most dads, like most moms, tend to have some idea what their kids are studying. I mean, if nothing else, if you as a parent were paying for it wouldn’t you at least be curious?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

And belated happy birthday, wordsp1nner! Here’s a naughty Bengal bacon thief:

hellkell
hellkell

That was certainly a topic of much discussion during my first phase of college, and lard knows my mother has enough helicopter parent stories from her time in higher ed to turn your hair white. OTOH, if you’re a total anti-intellectual, and you’re not paying for it, maybe not.

hellkell
hellkell

Happy birthday, wordsp1nner!

Melody

Wait MRMs don’t like cute fuzzy animals? The monsters!

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

It applies only to college disciplinary hearings, which are not courts of law.

LALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOU LALALA FEMINISTS ARE EUGENICISTS WHO ARE GETTING RID OF DUE PROCESS ON CAMPUSES LALALA

driversuz
driversuz

Oh look. somebody finally looked up “Dear Colleague.” So is it better for 99 innocent men and 1 rapist to be kicked off campus, to ensure that the rapist is removed?

I see nobody has looked up “Dual Arrest” policies yet.

Freitag:
“Yes. Remarkably, “career academics” spend our lives in honest discussion. It’s kind of what we do.”
Yeah. So I’ve heard. And yet, “… misogyny. You display it in every post.” Really? Where did I say I hate women? Where did I say I support the hatred of women? I believe you already quoted my statement about what I hate. Did you read it?

The comments since I left for work are exactly what I predicted. Amused, your vitriol says a lot about you and your preoccupations.

hellkell
hellkell

Amused is smarter than you could ever hope to be.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Seriously? You’re picking on Amused? There’s lots of posts that picked your opinions apart…better start responding to each and every one.

What’s this? You being smug?
“The comments since I left for work are exactly what I predicted.”

Yeah, and I predicted that you’d use the dumb dad in a sitcom to prove global misandry, and you did. I guess we’re all a little psychic around here.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Apparently the intellectually honest cannot tell the difference between “displays” and “claims.”

Where are you even getting this number?

The comments since I left for work are exactly what I predicted.

I’m glad you foresaw us disposing of your half-assed claims. Next time, try making a coherent argument.

Protip: lists aren’t arguments.

hellkell
hellkell

Goddamn, she is tedious.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Vitriol? I’ve read hundreds of comments on this site and nothing Amused has said has ever struck me as vitriolic. Perhaps Suz is having another vocabulary fail.

Amused

Oh, Suz, you of all people shouldn’t be complaining about “vitriol”. You come here name-calling and doing your damndest trying to insult people (though I have to say, you go about it with all the panache of an academically challenged adolescent), and then you say something about “vitriol”? Doctor, heal thyself.

As for your characterization as a misogynist, its accuracy doesn’t depend on you formally conceding that you hate women. If you say, “I think Jews are to blame for every bad thing that’s ever happened in the world,” that would peg you as an anti-Semite, even though the statement does not contain the magic word “hate”. The dictionary defines misogyny as a hatred of women — not an act of saying that one hates women — and if you really understood logic as much as you claim, you would appreciate the difference. Everything you say here and on your blog creates a reasonable inference that you hate women. The fact that you don’t say those exact words is neither here nor there.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Yeah. Amused, would you accept a fistbump? *fistbump*

pecunium

Suzie: I’ve been reading this site for months, and there is no honest discussion here. There is nothing remotely akin to intellectual curiosity here. There are half-baked “opinions” and slogans, substantiated with out-of context and/or Googled soundbites (see: Date-rape, exciting.) There are personal anecdotes masquerading as evidence. There are straw men, obfuscation and misdirection. There is shaming and group bullying against anything resembling dissent. This is not the stuff of honest discussion; this is how sixth grade girls establish the pecking order within their carefully defined (and arbitrarily exclusive) cliques.

And yet you waste your time posting.

That’s either gratutous self-indulgence (i.e. intellectual masturbation), delusional narcissism (i.e. you think yourself such a sterling rhetoritician/logician the quiet masses who read and don’t comment will be persuaded), or you think manboobz so notable that counting coup here is worth some sort of “anti-misandry” (see, we can use pointless scare quotes too), brownie points.

In all regards if that’s what you truly believe it’s a waste of your time to post here. We do benefit, because we get more misogyny to mock; and yes, you are a misogynist. The “letter to your future daughter in law” is the proof of that pudding.

while simultaneously disapproving of the large majority of women who hate men (openly, in every venue in our culture.)”

Cigtation sorely needed. You being the honest debater, par excellence, will (of course) be soon forthcoming with same. Just to show those of us who aren’t up to scratch how it’s done.

pecunium

Suzie: I see you have a list. Those aren’t citations. Those are things you don’t like/misrepresent (care to explain to me how it is that women aren’t required to register for the draft? Be sure to explain how NOW’s lawsuits saying that if there is to be a draft, women need to be included are misandrist), but they aren’t citations.

whataboutthemoonz

“So is it better for 99 innocent men and 1 rapist to be kicked off campus, to ensure that the rapist is removed?”

In all reality it would look more like 95 rapists and 5 innocent men. It would suck to be one of the 5 innocent men, of course, but I really, really dislike having university campuses where rapists are walking around and administration doesn’t give a shit.

I like how you bitch about how no one is willing to engage in “honest discussion” but you chronically refuse to actually discuss anything. Keep it classy.

pecunium

Suzie: “~Women and children are the real victims of war because they lose their loved ones.”

Been in a war zone?

I have. Being a soldier is sort of shitty. You get boring food. You don’t sleep all that regular. Books are hard to come by and letters are much more important (well, that’s changed but in 2003/2004 I didn’t have much internet). Sometimes people try to kill you.

And… being a civilian in a war zone is a metric fuckton worse (in case you were wondering “metric fuckton = A Helluva Lot!!!).

When people tried to kill me, I could try to kill them back. When I felt threatened I got to point a weapon at people. If I was scared I was allowed to shoot them.

If they did any of that I was allowed to kill them.

Trust me, it sucks to be shot at. It sucks a lot more to be shot. The US has had 6650 total fatalities (as of today, publicly reported) in OEF/OEF (yes, I keep up on that bit of news… do you?).

Excess deaths in Iraq (those people who died as a result of the war, who would not otherwise have died) are somewhere between 200,00 and 1,000,000.

Who is suffering more?

pecunium

Dvärghundspossen: But if someone says “abortion is wrong because it’s killing, the right to life is more important than other rights” etc, you can’t convince anyone not already agreeing with you that this person is wrong by just going WOMEN ARE PERSONS.

I only buy that when the rest of the positions they take support the idea that life, qua life is sacred. As a rule, they don’t.

At which point it’s, “unborn babies are more important than everyone else”, which is bullshit.

And I’m not saying that people who have questions/doubts are wrong/immoral/stupid. I’m talking about the people who are formulating the environment in which those sorts of questions are clouded by the hypocritical elements of the debate.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Thanks for all the happy b-days! I went out for sweets and drinks with some of my friends, so I had a good birthday. Also one hot toddy and I can’t type right, so I’ll be signing off. Though I have managed to crochet fine (at least, I hope I’m crocheting fine. I guess I’ll find out in the morning if I have to rip out everything I did or not.)

Amused

@Shiraz: *fistbump*

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Glad you had a fun birthday, wordsp1nner! 🙂

pecunium

Wordspinner: Many happy returns. I shall spin some yarn tomorrow and think of you.

lenwayne shade
lenwayne shade

I’m trying to unsubscribe from manboobz this site but having trouble doing it how do I do it how do I stop this emails from th

Frank James Spencer

Interesting time for a poster run…

Xanthë

Exams are finished for the year and most of Deakin’s campuses have the social stimulus of a graveyard during semester. Looks like you’re really going to reach a lot of eyeballs with that, Karma.

pecunium

Xanthë It does have the advantage of them going longer without removal/cover up.

MOAR ACTIVISM!@#$^$&*!!!!!

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Wow, that musty canal looks like the perfect place for AVfM posters, in so many ways.

Frank, I’d be honored if you put this up as a poster: