abortion creepy evil women markymark men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA reactionary bullshit

We’ve Reached a New Low in Misogynistic Self-Righteousness

The kitties are not impressed with your argument, Mr. Anonymous
The kitties are not impressed with your argument, Mr. Anonymous

So our excitable old friend MarkyMark (not the actor-singer) just put up a not-very-original rant of the “women are worse than Hitler because of abortion” variety. More interesting than his post — which is frankly not very interesting — is this comment from an anonymous fellow that takes misogynistic self-righteousness to a whole new (low) level:

This is one of the reasons that I use women for my convenience. They can kill with impunity – nothing I do to them comes close to that level of evil. So they are for my pleasure, then I ditch them although I do come back sometimes. (They aren’t very bright which is what makes it workable.)

Yep: He’s not just a self-righteous prick; he’s self-righteous about being a prick.

I can only hope his own “evil” is mostly of the “slept with a woman and didn’t call her back” sort — or is just imaginary internet boasting —  because his “logic” could pretty much justify anything short of violent murder.

CassandraSays

We know that you’re not very good with words, tediousbitch, but the fact remains that a fetus and a baby aren’t the same thing. You can call a fetus a baby if it’s easier for you to wrap your head around, though.

suspiciouscate

@judgybitch

I think we just call wanted fetuses “babies” out of respect for the parents. Otherwise, what does fetus refer to?

CassandraSays

Also, if it’s inside your body at the time you can call it whatever you want, regardless of medical accuracy, because at that point you’re expressing your feelings about it rather than giving a medical dissertation.

hellkell

Smugboringbitch: it’s really not a person, no matter how many semantic games you want to play.

clairedammit
clairedammit

semantics plural of se·man·tics (Noun)

1. The branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning.
2. The meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text.

So, yeah, calling a fetus a fetus and a baby a baby would be semantics. You are correct, judgybitch. Words mean things.

I wouldn’t call what someone lost in a miscarriage a fetus, though, because they might think it was cruel.

chocomintlipwax

There is another type of anti choicer that wants to adopt a baby, but the process is too costly and difficult for them. Instead of blaming the red tape, they blame people that get abortions. I guess in their view, pregnant girls “owe” them their fetus, and the body of the girl is their own personal baby factory. Yuck.

Arrrgh. A friend of mine from high school is like this. She wanted to wait for a while to have kids after getting married, and when she finally decided to go for it she found out she was infertile from PCOS (which had, ironically, been somewhat better over the years due to pill use). Cue several years of fertility treatments that made her gain about a hundred pounds and which didn’t work at all. Now she wants to adopt, but there’s so much red tape involved that she’s now looking for one of those “oops I got knocked up” girls who wants to give away a baby. And always says that it’s doing “the responsible thing” by giving a baby up for adoption (rather than aborting it).

I also found out she voted for Romney because she didn’t like the mandates on Obamacare. I kind of wish I were close enough geographically to throttle her just a little bit.

(I do feel bad for her because her m-i-l has been pressuring her like crazy and saying nasty, passive-aggressive things to her because there’s been no baby yet. But lordy. Still.)

Noadi

Males, on the other hand – in general – are loners. They’re content to mill about in their man caves. They like to hunt. They like to build things and kill things.

Someone has never hunted. Hunting is a very social activity, even with the advent of rifles. Hunting without firearms was almost always a group endeavor. If you can’t even get your basis for evo-psych BS right stop trying.

judgybitch

@Clairedammit

Thanks for the update. I SO didn’t know that!

Here are two more words for you to look up:

Connotation
Denotation

Have fun!

BuffySummers1000

You know, it keeps me up nights knowing I could accidentally sleep with one of these pricks. I do find some consolation in the fact that they won’t call me. At least there’s that mercy.

kysokisaen

Notice that whether the individual woman in question has had an abortion is irrelevant. She could have an abortion, therefore she is subhuman scum.

That was the first thing that popped out at me, as well. Someone, somewhere, did something terrible, so Imma gonna fuck you up. It’s a logical flaw so obvious a small child should be able to see and reject it. Or we can straight-up Godwin the argument: there has not yet been a female Hitler, so we can ____________ (fill in whatever horrible thing you were going to do anyway).

themisanthropicmuse

FFS, I wish these forced birthers would stop with the emotional pleas about ‘mass murdering babies’ and ‘holocaust’ as they are so obvious in their propaganda that it’s an insult to human intelligence. I haven’t seen a single case for anti-choice values that wasn’t based on religious directives to be disposable broodmares, self-loathing, or the need to shame women for having used their vaginas.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

The primary reason the “baby” label is in dispute is because “baby” refers primarily to a child that has been born. Anti-choicers use “baby” to conflate the pre- and post-birth states of development. Considering that even Morning-After Pills are an issue to anti-choicers, I find it very relevant to point out that, say, a blastocyst is not a baby. Plus, I’m pretty sure almost nobody is for legalizing infanticide.

hellkell

tiresomebitch, why don’t you go be a condescending asshole somewhere else? kthx.

Zanana
Zanana

I actually agree with Judgy to the extent that there’s a lot of disagreement over what aspect of “living thing” is relevant when it comes to moral quandaries… to some people (e.g., my catholic family) the question is metaphysical and not up for logical debate. if the pope says life starts at conception, then for them it does, and for that reason the ‘bodily integrity’ argument is the crux of the whole thing for me.
obviously, “fetus” is the more precise term for what we’re describing here, though.

kysokisaen

For clarification: an elective abortion is not an objectively terrible act. But the for the purposes of the argument, even if “abortion is always terrible” is something we could agree to, the logic is still shit.

judgybitch

@ Tulgey

But who cares? Even if it IS a fully conscious human from the moment the sperm hits the egg, who cares? We don’t hold people down and retreive life-saving bone marrow from them against their will, no matter how many lives that would save. Let’s say we can PROVE, definitively, that life begins at conception? So what? That life can’t proceed without a woman’s body and that makes HER in charge. End. Of. Story.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Even if one wanted to go with the “baby” designation, it doesn’t answer the point that nobody is allowed to use someone else’s body against their will, even to save their own life. No need to reiterate the details, we all know the argument.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

What are you actually arguing here, judgybitch? A woman’s bodily autonomy or forced birth/bone marrow donation and so on? Serious question, your last post wasn’t clear to me.

hippodameia8527
hippodameia8527

I think tediousbitch is trying to say that the fact that you can’t be forced to give someone a kidney is a bad thing.

CassandraSays

I’m also curious if when the conversation turns to rape Bitchy will suddenly decide that actually it is OK to use a woman’s body against her will.

hellkell

She’s definitely arguing out both sides of her mouth.

driversuz
driversuz

Hi JB!
You can’t argue wit Booblets; they aren’t constrained by the limitations of logic.

Hey Boobzie! Nice work! You utterly eviscerate a straw man, and then resort to comment-mining and pinch off a steaming rant against “Anonymous,” all in less than a week! Thank you! So, are you an MRA,and is the goal of this blog to highlight the growing desperation and increasingly obvious idiocy of feminism?
You’re becoming an asset to the MRM.

Amused

Holy macaroni, judgybitch is pro choice?? I’m going back to the control room, to look for recent disruptions in the space-time continuum.

Amused

Driversuz: I hate to break it to ya, but ranting on and on about “sluts” and their supposed inability to bond ’cause penis, isn’t logic. Now, there is a standard MRA remedy of peppering your screeds with fifty-cent words like “imbroglio”, “logical fallacy”, “ipso facto”, “sundry” and “ad hominem” to give them the appearance of being “logical”, so you are welcome to try it — but I don’t think it’ll fool anyone here.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Weirdly kind of agreeing with judgy right now… *checks prescriptions* Nope, I took everything I’m supposed to…huh. o_O

hellkell

Suz: don’t you have a son to pimp instead of coming here and whining about David not writing what you want how you want it?

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

their supposed inability to bond ’cause penis

Stupid penises and their molecular-bond-destroying sperms!

Amused

Well, her buddy driversuz mentioned “logic”, so I’m wondering if judgybitch is attempting some sort of exercise at high-falutin’ Platonic reasoning. Like — why not kill “real babies” that can’t survive outside the mother’s body if we don’t forcibly retrieve people’s kidneys anyway? Which is logical, alright, but proves the opposite of what was intended.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

driversuz, you hate women. We get it, you don’t need to repeat yourself.

cloudiah

Aha, driversuz is attempting to use reverse psychology against us. Very clever. If she can only convince David that his mockery is actually GOOD for the MRM, perhaps he will suddenly start doing the opposite of mocking. Now, where have I seen that technique used effectively before?

Amused

Stupid penises and their molecular-bond-destroying sperms!

I know, I’d love to see the biology “textbook” that this comes from. Like, what is the neuropathway for making a woman incapable of bonding as a result of having had sexual experience? Is there some scientific literature that demonstrates that chemicals generated in the brain as a result of orgasms cause structural changes that prevent bonding? Wouldn’t that mean that masturbation would have the same effect? What, can’t sleep with anyone and can’t touch yourself, either? Or is the “logic” here that sperm somehow travels to the brain and wreaks havoc on the love center?

hellkell

Amused, I think the “logic” is that there’s only but so much oxytocin to go around, so the more you slut it up, the less you have when you finally snag that poor beta husband. Then you leave him because hypergamy.

CassandraSays

But doesn’t your body produce a ton of oxytocin when you have a baby? I think I see a flaw in this don’t have sex or babies thing.

hellkell

Oxytocin, much like Elvis, is everywhere. Men have it too.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

But who cares? Even if it IS a fully conscious human from the moment the sperm hits the egg, who cares? We don’t hold people down and retreive life-saving bone marrow from them against their will, no matter how many lives that would save. Let’s say we can PROVE, definitively, that life begins at conception? So what? That life can’t proceed without a woman’s body and that HER in charge. End. Of. Story.

People care. It’s an emotional argument and its purpose is to confuse our feelings for cute widdle babies with incompletely formed, unconscious fetuses. “It’s not a baby” undercuts that and makes room for better arguments. Of course I agree with you, and so does just about everyone else here—even if they’re interpreting your argument as being to the contrary, given your other odious opinions—but that’s not the point.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I don’t know why MRAs whine about love anyway. They seem incapable of giving it and sure as hell don’t want it from women.

/hobbyhorse

BigKitty
BigKitty

JudgyB annoys the crap out of me, too, but her last post was actually right on the money. The double standard applied to pregnant women (NOT “mothers,” please! not every woman whose pregnancy test comes back positive can be/wishes to be identified as a “mother,” and surely you can see what the presumption of “motherhood,” immediately after a positive pregnancy test, implies), as opposed to absolutely every single other human who might ever be in the situation of being asked to give up his/her kidney, or blood, or any other bodily substance, to save the life of someone else is explicitly and clearly unequal and unjust.

JudgyB also puts her judgy little finger on another element that I think really is important, and that drives MRM types, Catholic authoritarians and most Xtian male supremacists insane: namely, YES, the determination as to whether a particular pregnancy – be it blastocyst/zygote/embryo/fetus – is a horrible parasite to be expelled with a huge sigh of relief, OR a beloved, longed-for and eagerly-anticipated baby is Entirely!! Up. To. One. Woman. And Nobody Else, Not Even Anyone Male, and Worse, Not Even Anyone Male and In Authority.

Only problem I have with JudgyB’s comments is, she seems to think there is something Bad about this. I don’t, and I challenge anyone who claims “libertarian” beliefs to explain to me why a specific, particular pregnant woman should not have the right to decide whether she’s (a) horribly infested with a revolting parasite that she wants to expel immediately, lest she be forced to gestate it at a huge cost to her body, mind, soul and life, or (b) eagerly awaiting a longed-for baby whose body she is overjoyed to create/develop/give birth to, no matter what it might cost her physically.

I don’t want to go all shrinky here, but I must say that I think a hefty portion of the right-wing “anti-abortion” – but also anti-condom, anti birth control, anti sex-ed, etc. – coalition is really ALL about their existential fear that, if their own mom had had a choice (i.e., a life of her own that wasn’t all about sacrificing for The Children), they might never have been born.

Emmy
Emmy

Crikey.

While JB is right that the bodily integrity argument makes the level of development in the fetus irrelevant, she’s wrong about the words “baby” and “fetus” meaning the same thing (as everyone else can see). It’s wrong if we are talking semantics, and it’s wrong in practice too since it is beyond dispute that anti-choicers use the word “baby” to emotionally blackmail vulnerable pregnant women into bearing the consequences of an unplanned pregnancy.

Even if the development of the fetus was relevant, late term abortions are incredibly rare, and most abortions take place within the first 20 or so weeks – and when I studied human embryology at university I was amazed at the difference, developmentally, between 20 weeks and a newborn – I would be telling a lie if I said I considered a 20 week old fetus to be a baby.

hellkell

BigKitty: that existential angst of the anti crowd’s is more than a little silly, because if you’re not here, you’re not going to care.

CassandraSays

I don’t start thinking of a fetus as a baby until it starts looking like a baby. It’s not a semantics thing, it’s that the first time I saw a picture of an early-stage fetus my first thought was “that looks like a seahorse”.

Amused

According to the CDC November 2002 report (sorry, no link on hand, but I’ll try to find it if anyone is interested), 50% of all abortions take place in the first 8 weeks, 88% in the first 12 weeks, and 98.6% in the first half of the pregnancy. Late-term abortions are EXTREMELY rare and undertaken only in the event of serious problems that threaten the mother.

Amused

Forgot to add: less than 0.02% of all abortions are performed in the third trimester.

drst
drst

Oh hell, I’m agreeing with judgybitch. Sorta.

Abortion needs to remain legal because each individual has an absolute right to control hir own body, and even if another person’s life is at stake, the state has no authority to subvert that right. Forcing a woman to stay pregnant against her will – or forcing a woman to have an abortion when she does not want one – is wrong for the same reason forcing someone to donate a kidney would be.

However. There is a difference between fetus and baby. Because, as everyone has said, words mean things. The medical definitions need to be used. It’s not a baby until it is breathing on its own and outside of a human body. And the main tactic of the forced birther camp is to ignore that reality.

driversuz
driversuz

“whining about David not writing what you want how you want it?”

Don’t be silly. I love what Boobzie writes! I despise feminism and he (with a lot of help from you Boolets) showcases the stupid desperation of feminists. This site does as much to discredit feminists as a number of men’s sites!

hellkell

OK, suz, I’ll bite. Why the feminism hate?

hellkell

I’m not sure how a site devoted to mocking misogyny shows the desperation of feminists, but you lot do live in your own realities.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Something Gloria S. said:

“And of course, allowing women the power to decide when and whether to have children is the only way to solve the 7 billion human load on this planet that threatens to destroy it. Women’s equality is also men’s survival.”

And no, I’m not saying people who have children are destroying the environment. Just that maybe every woman on the planet doesn’t have to have eight to 12 kids — or any kids at all. And when they don’t, it can be a good thing.

David, have you ever banned a troll for just being boring? If so, keep driversuz in mind.
I mean, seriously — Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Did someone mention elephants? They follow a matriarchal society. See: http://www.andrews-elephants.com/social-order.html.

Shiraz
Shiraz

*Chuckling* Driversuz, I can tell you’re desperate to be taken seriously…or something, because of your abuse of exclamation points. Stop shouting, knucklehead. And if you do, try to be interesting at least.
David? Seriously, that thing I said about boring trolls…

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Yeah, if there was a Boring Troll of the Year category, driversuz would be right up there in the running, especially now wossname Nature doesn’t bother posting those obscure bits of nonsense.

CassandraSays

Nature guy was at least funny in his randomness – he was the magic 8-ball of misogynist comments. Driversuz is just boring.