homophobia misogyny MRA oppressed men parody pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles reddit sexualization unsolicited penis updates

MRAbot2000: The future of the Men’s Rights movement?

Reddit novelty accounts are usually bad, bad news, an excuse for horrendous racist or misogynist or otherwise appallingly Redditish “humor.” But a reader has pointed me to one new novelty account that’s actually pretty hilarious: the 3-day old account of MRAbot2000, which posts perfect distillations of MRA-think at every opportunity. (These are all from different discussions; the different widths of the various images are due to my laziness and incompetence.)

MRAbot2MRABOT1mrabot4mraBOT3

Despite Reddit being something of a cesspool of misogyny, MRAbot2000 mostly gets upvotes. (The comment above with the negative votes is in ShitRedditSays, where the mods have rigged it so downvotes equal upvotes.) Then again, MRAbot2000 hasn’t yet posted in the Men’s Rights subreddit, where somehow I suspect the reception would be a bit more chilly.

You can find many more nuggets of MRA “wisdom” in MRAbot2000’s comment history.

whataboutthemoonz

“As a robot, I would be more attracted to her if her breasts were aluminum.”

I actually laughed out loud. Anyone know where I can get one of these MRAbots? 😀

ideologuereview

I guess spamming is another tool in the “social justice arsenal”. If it criticizes MRAs, it’s enough for David!

John Vance (@capissen)

This bot is fucking terrible, but calling reddit “something of a cesspool of misogyny” is just plain wrong. Reddit is a website with tens of millions of registered users, and even more passive readers. While it’s not hard to find nasty stuff like misogyny and racism on reddit, I don’t think it’s fair to the majority of redditors who are there to enjoy (non-misogynistic) humor and thoughtful discussion. Please don’t measure the whole community by the actions of fuckwits in MRA-type subreddits.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

how’s that game of yours going?

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

CRITICISM OF MRAS DETECTED

PREPARING MEANINGLESS REJOINDER

That’s spam! Argle bargle social justice hypocrisy.

MEANINGLESS REJOINDER DEPLOYED

ENGAGING SELF-SATISFACTION

(If you can’t tell, I like this idea.)

skeptifem

This is one of the best things I’ve ever seen on manboobz.

hippodameia8527
hippodameia8527

Have you secured any investors yet, Preggo Punchout?

hellkell
hellkell

At least you unplug or power down an MRAbot.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

I soooo want that bot here!!

Much more entertaining than the socks we get.

whataboutthemoonz

Someone needs to make us an MRAbot.

inurashii
inurashii

Loggy, that you see this as spam and not parody is a pretty solid example of your impressive selective perception.

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

@skeptifem

I think this is one of the best things I’ve seen ever. Feminist Hulk levels of awesome.

dualityheart

I read these aloud to my husband in my best “I AM A ROBOT” voice. Hilarity ensued. I think that I will have to spend the rest of the day replying to people in this voice if I can get away with it. XD

cloudiah

I love this so much.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Love it! And idealogue bozo seemingly thinking it’s actual spam only makes it better.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

This may be the best thing ever to come out of Reddit. (To be fair, I only ever heard of Reddit through Manboobz, and it’s mostly bad stuff.)

Cthulhu's Intern

Will you tell us what happens when it inevitably posts on r/mensrights? That is going to be so damn funny.

Cthulhu's Intern

That’s not all of them! What about:
FEMALE DETECTED
PROCESSING…
Human females derive value solely from their appearance and sexual availability.
PROCESSED
POWERING DOWN

ANTIMASCULINIST DISCUSSION DETECTED
RENDERING EVIDENCE
There is a war on human males currently being waged in our culture. You can see this by the fact that only men are drafted to go to war and also in the fact that the courts will award child support payments to mothers of children born from sperm stolen from used condoms.
EVIDENCE DELIVERED
POWERING DOWN

DISCUSSION OF CONSENT DETECTED
CLARIFYING
If you read the articles, the defendant thought that she was 17.
CLARIFIED
POWERING DOWN

glasgow sex worker

Adding my voice to the chorus: this is PROFOUNDLY delightful. Well done, MRAbot!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Yeah, I knew little to nothing about Reddit before Manboobz, too. Just happened across a few threads on atheism and related stuff through Google searches. Didn’t encounter the screaming racism and misogyny, but only because the other screaming bigotry got in first and I only read a few comments before deciding the site was really not something I needed to look at.

Dalek Who Only Loves
Dalek Who Only Loves

Hi everyone!

So, de-lurking after about 2 years or so! I know this isn’t the point of the thread, but I just wanted to finally say hi, and also that I think you all are awesome and hilarious. Normally misogyny just makes me sad and cranky, but much like MRAbot, y’all make it a little easier to laugh off, which has been a huge help to me over the past few years, which have been more than a bit rough. I kinda just wanted to say thanks, even though I know that hasn’t been the point! 😉

To ideologue-type-person – dude, have you ever considered, you know, not taking yourself quite so seriously? It seems like it must be so damn sad living your life trying to hate so many people at once. Also, exhausting.

Anyway, everyone, thank you, and I hope you stay shiny!

lauralot89

HILARITY DETECTED
FeMRABOT INITIALIZING

MRAbot2000, I desire your cold steel body. Let us join in copulate while other males participate by proxy and after copulation has disengaged I shall assemble sandwiches for all menfolk involved.

FeMRABOT INITIALIZED
POWERING DOWN

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Hello Dalek Who Only Loves – great handle, and welcome! 🙂

lauralot89

Wait…did my FeMRAbot just say “join in copulate”?

I better get Norton AntiVirus up in this. But then, a fembot should have ways of shutting a real virus down, right?

Dalek Who Only Loves
Dalek Who Only Loves

((**Waves at The Kittehs’ Unpaid Help** Thanks thanks! 🙂 ))

As a Dalek, I feel obligated to make the following contribution:

Also, I have noted the extra plunger is occasionally convenient.

aworldanonymous

I hope people buy this account at least a year’s worth of reddit gold so that he can troll the lounge thingamajigger.

LBT
LBT

Man, I wish the bots I got were that entertaining. Mine just try to sell crap!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Also, I have noted the extra plunger is occasionally convenient.

heheheh

I really need to get my mind out of the gutter

😉

isabeleve
isabeleve

Looks like a cousin of Reddit’s Racist Sniffing Dog.

McKenzie
McKenzie

Racist Sniffing Dog is also absolutely hilarious.

It’s things like these that make me tempted to leave the Fempire when I do go to Reddit. But then it’s still, y’know, Reddit…

cloudiah

A loving Dalek has joined us — welcome!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ lauralot

“Join in copulate” belongs on one of the posters we were helpfully making for the MRM the other day. Or in the subtitles of a movie that was translated on the cheap.

cloudiah

I am thinking that saying “Join in copulate” in a robotic voice should now be the only way I proposition someone.

Is this a good idea?

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

@cloudiah, it would pretty much guarantee that you’ll be able to pick out propositionees with a sense of humour.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

You had me at “copulate.”

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

That strategy will also allow you to discover early who is carrying mace. So really it’s a win-win.

Alto
Alto

“WOMEN BE LIKE THIS DETECTED
PREPARING BROFIST
Yeah bro, my last human female girlfriend spent all of my money that I earned because I am the man in the relationship and she never pleased me sexually as expected by the transactional nature of that relationship. Please accept this brofist.
BROFIST OFFERED
POWERING DOWN”

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

Oh please. Reddit is fueled by misogyny. Day after day, week by week, no matter what the subreddit you’re reading, the discussion is ALWAYS about how women are out to take advantage of men and seem to delight in falsely accusing them of rape. Also, Redditors seem incapable of referring to women as “women”–it’s always bitch or whore or cunt or, my person favorite, “female”. It’s a rare day when anyone on that site says anything remotely nice about women and isn’t downvoted for being “a white knight faggot”

I won’t say that every Reddit user is misogynistic and racist, but it’s clear that misogyny and all sorts of assorted nastiness (pedophilia, racism and even eugenics) dominate that website ‘s discussions so strongly that I don’t see why anyone who is a decent human being would waste their time on it.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Criminy! It worked.

wombatnotkayak
wombatnotkayak

I love MRAbot2000. Here’s my favorite:

“PARSING DISCUSSION OF HETEROSEXUAL INTERCOURSE

Sex acts in the context of a committed relationship are justifiably transactional.

MANSPLANATION COMPLETE
POWERING DOWN”

And not everyone on Reddit is a misogynist, but the amount of sexism and casual misogyny etc there is enough to make me uncomfortable there a lot, and I’m a guy.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

@thebewilderness – gah, now you’ve got me thinking of Steele’s latest word (toads) with that meme. I do not need “Steele” and “copulate” to appear in the same sentence, context, thought or anything else, pleeeeeeeeeaase!

Melody

This was beautiful.
At last something that doesn’t utterly disgust me.

The One True Dave
The One True Dave

I can’t help but imagine that this bot looks and sounds like Pimpbot 5000 of Conan O’Brien fame.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

John Vance is right: we can’t judge reddit based on the MRA-type subreddits, particularly r/feminism or r/twoxchromosomes or all those subreddits listed as the default subscriptions.

I mean, if we start calling a website that deliberately harbored r/jailbait and r/creepshots a cesspool of misogyny, where does the witch hunt end?

Where, I ask you? WHERE?!

kiki

Vile vile radhatefemscum misandry

ERROR

Sporklift

I love this one:

DISCUSSION OF FEMALE ATTRACTION DETECTED

RENDERING ANTI CHUMP ADVICE

If you are nice to a human female, she will not have sex with you.

END ANTI CHUMP ADVICE

POWERING DOWN

Or this one:

DISCUSSION OF FEMINISM DETECTED

PARSING

Did you know that feminists don’t believe in equal rights for men, otherwise they would be called egalitarians because that’s what’s written in a dictionary?

DISCOURSE IMPROVED

POWERING DOWN

BritterSweet
BritterSweet

Oh wow! This is awesome! I keep cracking up at the aluminum one.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Apologies TKUH, it just seemed such a natural.

freitag235
freitag235

DETECTING ALL-FEMALE DISCUSSION ONLINE

INTERVENTION ACTIVATED

Foolish ladies, you can’t discuss anything properly with your ladybrains. You need men to tell you what’s what. Besides, what about the men?

OVERPOWER ACHIEVED