creepy douchebaggery men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles PUA rhymes with roosh

Innovative New “Bread” Metaphor Explains Why Most Women are “Stale” and “Moldy”

Some men are also Bread

On his newish blog Return of Kings, pickup-guru-turned-philosopher Roosh V has come up with yet another way to justify his creepy obsession with women a lot younger than his hairy self: he compares them with loaves of bread.

When a loaf comes out of the oven (puberty), it’s warm and delicious. You can’t help but stuff yourself. (18-24 years old)

When you leave the loaf out, it gets a little hard. You have to heat it up with a toaster first, but it still won’t taste fresh. (25-29 years old)

If you leave the bread out for too long, mold develops. You can cut away the mold, toast the bread, and still be able to eat it, but you won’t enjoy it. You’d have to be starving. (30-34 years old)

If you leave it for even longer, mold takes over and completely destroys the bread. There is no way to excise the toxic portions. You must throw it away before the mold makes you sick. (35 and up)

The lesson in this? Live next to the bakery.

Well, that was creepy as fuck.

Also, he seems a bit confused about when puberty actually happens. Or he just doesn’t want to state outright that he’d really rather be “dating” 15 year olds.

Eww.

amandajane5

Good night, reymohammed, that’s eighteen million kinds of fucked up. Why would you spew that kind of violent threat ANYWHERE, much less here.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Reymohammed, what bothers me is not so much that you said a fucked up thing, because most of us are capable of saying fucked up things in the heat of the moment, but that when others pointed out to you how fucked up it was, you doubled down on it.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Well, I wasn’t expecting this thread to lead to me wanting to keep my legs firmly crossed for the rest of my life due to the absence of our regular trolls, but I guess there’s a nasty new surprise around every corner.

Carleyblue
Carleyblue

@ Rahu

I don’t want to be rude in the least, but maybe a few people on here have trouble believing your story 100 % because it’s just so shocking, frankly. Did you have so little contact with the outside world that you thought the attitude ‘a man can go after a girl of any age’ is prevalent? Wow. Did you go to public school? Can I ask how long ago this was, and when you ‘got out’? (rude questions, again, I know) I’m not saying I don’t believe you, really, I’m just curious.

I know that feeling about questioning one’s own beliefs, though. The more I read MRA and even regular conservative blogs, the more I realise that the beliefs I took for granted are not, in fact, taken for granted by everyone- not by a long shot. I find myself questioning things I deeply believe. But in the end, it shouldn’t matter what the majority of people believe. If it’s wrong, it’s wrong.

Yeah, and I get hit on by old men all the time. In fact, I get almost exclusively hit on by old men, younger ones don’t seem to like me. Some of them will even admit they are married, and the last one I met was telling me about his granddaughter who was the same age as me without even a hint of shame. I wouldn’t have anything against going out with someone older, but I’m not attracted to most people over the age of about 35. This has only happened in the last couple of years, though (I am 24). Most older men don’t hit on teenagers. Also, from talking to them, most of them believe rape or other kinds of sexual coercion to be wrong (even if ‘she was really drunk’ doesn’t count), so I’m pretty sure most of them are not MRA-level bad (small comfort, I know).

Jessay (@jessay)

WOW! I understand completely being frustrated by women who speak in ways that hurt their own sex but DAMN!!!! That was… wow.

cloudiah

@reymohammed, Threats of sexual violence? Totally unacceptable. Fuck right the hell off.

cloudiah

Thanks, David. There’s at least one comment quoting it that you might want to redact.

cloudiah

Or more paraphrasing than quoting, but still possibly triggering… I should read more carefully so I don’t have to post multiple messages.

Wow, that was upsetting out of nowhere.

clairedammit
clairedammit

For what it’s worth, I found emilygoddess’s comment before rey’s and didn’t find it upsetting. It’s here http://manboobz.com/2012/11/23/innovative-new-bread-metaphor-explains-why-most-women-are-stale-and-moldy/comment-page-4/#comment-223659 though, if you want to delete it, David.

Rahu
Rahu

@Carleyblue – thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand that many people will not believe me. That’s fine. For the record, I am a very truthful person in general and have always (and will always) tell the truth here, but again, if someone doesn’t want to believe me, that is their right and I understand. And you’re not being rude. 🙂

Yes, I had very little contact with other people while I was growing up. My father kept us pretty isolated and we were constantly moving, so I had very little knowledge about things that seem pretty basic to others. (My therapist is particularly fascinated by the fact that I’d never heard of Michael Jackson until recently.) For a man’s right to pursue anyone, it was my father’s firm belief, he taught me everyone felt that, and I believed him. I did go to a couple of public schools – my father would try to keep me out of them, and wherever we moved, there would often be a furious argument via letters between the school authorities (and other authorities) and my father, once they found out I existed. This was several years ago. I left the family and went to live on my own a long way away. I pretty much kept myself as isolated as I could, until just under a year ago, when a very close friend died, and another close friend (they both knew my past – most people don’t and I am SO staying anonymous on the internet) – this other friend pushed me into therapy, where I started talking. I don’t remember when I found this site, but I think I was lurking here about four months before the first posting.

Thank you for telling me about questioning your beliefs – yes, that is exactly how it is. And thank you, so much, for telling me about the men you’ve met – it is really nice to hear about men “out there” who are good. 🙂

I am about to go to sleep, so I apologize if you reply and I don’t answer until tomorrow. Good night, everyone!

cloudiah

It’s one she made @ 8:50 paraphrasing the original comment — and just to be clear I think she is blameless in this.

whataboutthemoonz

Glad I missed whatever the fuck just happened.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Cloudiah, I missed that one.

Rahu, thanks for being honest about your upbringing. You never know who is lurking who could benefit from your story.

Magpie
Magpie

Rahu – my Dad was sort of like that, but didn’t say it so bluntly, usually. If it wasn’t for my Mum and her sister, I would have believed that stuff, too. I went to public schools, sunday school and Brownies, but I feel I only picked up the idea that women are people from Mum and Aunty, at least till I was about 14. It’s weird.

Evito
Evito

@Everyone

Thanks for answering my other question (about how MRAs can have so many “ideas” on women + viginity + value). I realize that part of it really IS just that different people have different opinions…but it obviously wasn’t the case for everything I heard. After all, I’d read completely opposite comments written by the same poster. So it really does seem that it’s a little of the “herd mentality” at work there…people are willing to say one thing on one forum, and flip it on another.

Also, I’m going to apologize ahead of time and let everyone know that I work 55 hours a week, minimum. I’m not often able to get to a computer to respond…and I refuse to do it on company time. I will log on and respond whenever I can though. 🙂

That said, I am in AWE of how quick some of you can comment here! Lol

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

@cloudiah and everyone else, I’m sorry if anyone was triggered or upset by my paraphrase above. In the heat of the moment, it didn’t even occur to me that it might have that effect on someone, and I’m truly sorry if it did. I hope everyone is OK.

reymohammed
reymohammed

Sorry if I lost it. That kind of woman makes me blind mad, because that kind of woman does enormous harm generally and has done it to me personally. I have never done violence to a woman in my life, except that I smacked my mother’s face when she prevented me from leaving home at the last moment, and *then she smirked*. But the rage is there. I apologize for letting it out.

lauralot89

I’ve never been more happy to have missed a post here.

pecunium

reymohammed: That there are federal/state/city laws (and perhaps county ordinances) is why I said, “several” .

I’m not a lawyer, and while I am well informed on the law, in general, my level of knowledge is more attuned to federal/California laws, and principles of Constitutional (with some specialised knowledge of libel laws, and Article Three of the Geneva Conventions of 1948/1972), so more detailed than that I didn’t want to be, because that sort of advice is tricky, even when one has better general knowledge than I do.

BTW, this Sorry, but the kind of woman who betrays women like that doesn’t deserve to be one.

Unacceptable. She may not have a worldview I like. I may hope that her ideal lifestyles stop being seen as the norm, but she is entitled to both her opinions (so long as she doesn’t try to force her ways of life on others), and she is most certainly a woman, and entitled to be one.

I’m actually at a loss as to what you mean… she should be a man? She should be, “unsexed” and treated as a neuter? She should be shunned by all people?

None of those is justified for her being reactionary.

…and, it seems I missed something even more fucked up. Not cool.

I’d say, from the reactions I saw, you have done violence to a lot of women (and some men) right here. Implying that women who aren’t up to someone else’s standard aren’t women, and/or deserve abuse/punishment/rape, is violent.

cloudiah

@emilygoddess, No worries. I’ve done the same thing myself, so now I’m hyper aware.

@reymohammed, Even your apology reads like its straight out of the abuser manual. “She just made me so angry!” No, just no. At best, you probably shouldn’t participate here if bad people make you fly into a blind rage — bad people are kind of what this place is about.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’m sorry but there’s just no way that anyone would come out with that particular explosion of rage unless they had some hardcore internalized misogyny going on. There are plenty of ways to express your anger towards a woman, even ways that involve violence, that aren’t quite so clearly taken from the misogynists-r-us handbook.

reymohammed
reymohammed

Listen, guys, since you can’t accept that a woman may have been so abusively treated by other women as to have rage issues, I will bid you adieu. Your own little hangups are infinitely more valid than mine. Farewell.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

And isn’t it interesting how reymohammed doesn’t fly into a rape-and-violence rage at any of the male misogynists we see here – even the ones spewing their own rape/violence issues? Yeah, internalized misogyny is a hell of a drug.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Not that it would be OK if she’d aimed a similarly horrifying curse at a man and just changed the orifice in question. It is interesting that she never has, though.

pecunium

Holy Shit. I”m getting the impression the violence discussed was worse than I thought.

That’s sad, and sort of sick-making.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Let’s just say that if anyone I knew ever said that they would in theory like the thing that reymohammed suggested to be done to a person of any gender, they would no longer be a part of my life. The things people say in a fit of rage are a clue as to what they might be capable of when angered, and although they might not actually do the exact thing that they said, there’s a level of viciousness that I just don’t feel safe around.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Of course not! But it’s interesting how aften feminists can find ourselves being harder on other women than we are on men. Sometimes it’s because we hoped we could expect more from other women, but other times it’s just that even those of us who are aware of and actively fighting misogyny aren’t able to completely free ourselves from it.

And unfortunately, the result is that reymohammed has put many of us in the position that was so upsetting to her: feeling betrayed and hurt by another woman, someone who should have been on our side.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Argh, that was in reply to Cassandra’s “not that it would be ok in another scenario” comment. Y’all are fast!

Some Gal Not Bored At All
Some Gal Not Bored At All

@emilygoddess

I think some of this is because women are responsible for so much and the standards are so exacting. It is hard to stop judging a female someone for a dirty house, for example, and it doesn’t matter that a male half of the couple is there since it is coded as a female job. Men are allowed, even expected, to be bad at housekeeping. It is the same with kids and appearance and, relevant here, niceness and civility.
(Not that we would accept it from a guy, but the shock might be less, the responses slightly different, etc.)

eline
eline

I read the reactions here and went digging my email if I could find the offending comment. I did, and I must confess it didn’t shock me, at all. The fact it did shock so many others is an indicator of how seeing comments like that (and much worse) on weekly or even daily basis desensitises the mind, and not that it’s actually acceptable to say such things (except in the strictest legal sense, perhaps) if some people don’t feel offended.

I guess anyone involved in gaming knows exactly what I’m talking about. You learn to block it out to the point of some women even defending the open use of such threats. Glad that Manboobz is a zone free of that trash.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh, on a gaming site I’d expect it (which is a big part of why I don’t hang out on those sites). From someone who IDs as a feminist, though?

eline
eline

To reymohammed, I’d like to say this: I’m willing to believe you are simply desensitised to extreme violent language and would not commit such an act in reality, to a real human of flesh and blood. In the future when you feel the urge to post something like that think about what you’re about to post. Not just as words on the screen that will be forgotten as soon as they’ve been posted but think of the content real hard. If it’s something you’d say to a friend during an argument, and you’d stay as friends afterwards then go ahead and post it. If not, then rethink.

The only way to get over the desensitisation is to force yourself to remember there’s a human being reading your comment, and they might have experienced the horror for real. Or might have someone threatening them with such for real. If you find it an unacceptable idea that someone close to you could be that reader, then you have hope still.

CassandraSays, I’m not even surprised anymore. I see it everywhere, but it’s the gaming community in particular that is the worst. A source of kinds, no matter how much I like it for other reasons. Everyone gets a little bit corrupted when they spend time in those cesspools, and spreads the corruption to other parts of the internet with their comments. I’ve been a community manager for the best part of the past decade and I’ve lost the count of how many times I’ve been “promised” to rape, beat to death etc fun stuff by the same people who wanted to be my friends the day before and showed no signs of mental instability, which might explain such a change of persona. Even generally good folks can forget we’re all still people despite the internet’s anonymity and then… this happens. Except of course when it’s a case of true malice in the clothes of progressiveness.

Only reymohammed knows which zie is, I guess.

ShakaKhan

This guy is about as attractive as a yeast infection.

(Now to check this thread to see if this joke’s already been made!)

Rahu
Rahu

@clairedammit – thank you for your comment!

@Magpie – thank you also for your comment. I’m sorry you had this, too – and I’m glad you had your mother and your aunt!

@Pecunium – you addressed a comment to reymohammed, but spoke about various laws. I’m pretty sure you meant that part of your comments to me, since you seem to be referring to an earlier comment you’d written to me. Thank you – I appreciate your expertise.

Jessay (@jessay)

Yeah, it wasn’t the statement in general that shocked me, as I’m someone who has grown up watching horror movies and seen visual depictions of worse, it’s the source. Being in a space that condemns people for using sexual violence and threats of sexual violence, to see someone who isn’t a troll say they’d like to commit such an act on a woman is bizarre. I don’t get why anyone would think that THIS would be the space to make such a comment.

Faradn
Faradn

“Or he just doesn’t want to state outright that he’d really rather be “dating” 15 year olds.” That would put his sex tourism in a new light.

dualityheart

I hit puberty at the ripe old age of 9-10 years old. That’s when my boobs started growing (and growing and growing). By 12, I was a DD cup (and no, I wasn’t an obese child, either) and having periods. I was constantly being hit on by men in their late 20s and it was creepy as fuck.

The idea that as a woman, I have only a limited “usefulness” to a man, and that I’m only good for a short time before he’ll be “obligated” to trade me for a younger model is not only insulting to me (that I would stand for such treatment) but insulting to men in general, many of whom do not treat women (and humans in general) like disposable foodstuffs. In addition, is anyone else creeped out by the “eating” implications of this analogy? As though women are edible and must be consumed in order to survive (which kind of makes logical sense as to why they seem so upset when they can’t “get” sex- but I assure them, lack of sex does not equal death). Makes me want to write a horror story. Sadly, the true horror is that people actually think like this.

meerkat
meerkat

This is why you have to put women in refrigerators! (You know, the comics trope.) It all makes sense now.

ithiliana

@Meerkat: am just cruising through the top posts to see if I missed anything, and am glad I did because your comment is PRICELESS!

*claps loudly and appreciatively*

heheheheheheh.

Nezumi
Nezumi

” If you leave the bread out for too long, mold develops. You can cut away the mold, toast the bread, and still be able to eat it”

Even disregarding that this is part of a creepy metaphor about how women 25 and older are increasingly undesirable, that’s just factually inaccurate. Even at the earliest stages, you can’t eat moldy bread — by the time you can actually see mold, it’s thoroughly colonized the bread and it isn’t safe to eat, as what you can see are the fruiting bodies. It’s already mature and reproducing by that point.

1 4 5 6