advocacy of violence evo psych arglebargle grandiosity hate heartiste it's science! men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed white men paranoia patriarchy politics racism reactionary bullshit

“As men, Force is the greatest weapon we have … We must use it,” says racist manosphere asshat.

More thoughts on the election from the Manosphere. These are from the comments section of Chateau Heartiste, in response to that little manifesto from Mark Minter we talked about the other day, and which Minter also posted at the Chateau.

Here John Salt suggests that “force” works better than voting.  And, oh yeah, he’s also as racist as Hitler.

Here Sidewinder offers some “optimism” for the future:

You’ll notice that no one there voices opposition to any of these sentiments.

Amanda Ching

Why does everyone have to drag the Force into it? The Jedi Council want no part of this wacky wagon.

meltydali
meltydali

I kind of want to throw every asshole on the internet that talks about “natural law” into an intro level sociology class

inurashii
inurashii

Holy shit, I dunno how I can continue to be surprised by what human garbage the manosphere produces.

inurashii
inurashii

(and yet.)

jose
jose

Is the manosphere mostly right-wing?

clairedammit
clairedammit

But if white men care to do anything as a group to resurrect their good society, they must talk less and be more violent.

I do not think you know what “good society” means if you think violence is the way to uphold it.

There is no “convincing” our women, or niggers, or jews, or mestizos that our will to power is virtuous or even valid.

I am not your woman. Nor am I your nigger, your jew, or your mestizo.

And this was in reply:

We were the masters of the world, until after WW2.

until after 1965
The year white America handed its pussy to whoever wanted to fuck her.

Okay, now I’m not even “your” woman anymore , I am now just pussy? That is owned by America? (I’m sure by America he means white American men.)

These guys really do think they’re the only people who are actually human, don’t they?

clairedammit
clairedammit

Huh, is “pussy” a word that gets your comment in moderation?

clairedammit
clairedammit

Oh, no, I know what it is! I was quoting the post and used the n* word in full because I copied it from the comment. Whoops! Next time I’ll add some stars.

Sivi
Sivi

@Jose

Pretty well by definition, really.

meltydali
meltydali

I think I’ve seen one self described “liberal” MRA. Basically he thought men get screwed in family court therefore women have advantage everywhere, though I don’t think he went along with the whole women are all evil (though he was somewhat sexist)

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

There was a left-wing-esque MRA catalogued here on Manboobz at one point. It was a couple of weeks ago, I believe.

Carleyblue
Carleyblue

If these guys are truly serious about what they believe, sooner or later it would have to come down to the use of physical force, wouldn’t it? Of course, they also know that there would be many people who might stand against them, and they wouldn’t like that very much.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

They are acting as appeasers, incrementally becoming more and more socially and morally relativistic, trying to chase voting blocs that will never vote for them. The republicans are too out of touch and too far gone.

It’s true that the Republicans are out of touch. I’ll give him that, but I would not describe them as appeasers. If he paid attention to how the Republicans in Congress act, he’d know why they are described as the “party of no”. With them, it’s my way or the highway and compromise is for suckers. And we saw how well that approach worked out for them last Tuesday.

John Salt sounds like he’s ready to join some right wing militia group. Those heartiste readers are scary.

cloudiah

Isn’t that Pigman dude some kind of lefty? There’s also someone on r/mr (David Byron? Something like that…) who calls himself a communist, I think.

Shiraz
Shiraz

I’ve looked over definitions of “nationalism” before. I don’t recall anything about “Gaming hot women and keep them in line.”

Bostonian

Once again, the MRM’s own words are worse than anything anyone else could say about them.

Keep digging past the bottom of the barrel, guys!

deodorant
deodorant

Sidewinder’s plot is unrealistic; you can’t “Game” blocs of women. it must be done individually. Is he suggesting Romney “Game” remotely, via commercials? Can’t be done. Sure, he could go door to door and flash his cash and/or penis, but there are something like 125 million adult women in the US. Not enough hours in the day.

cloudiah

Brain bleach.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

Not at all scary. Also, I am always amazed at the number of slurs which exist. It’s like hate mongers are curators of hate.

cloudiah

Did someone say brain bleach?

cloudiah

And this is why I needed the brain bleach:

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

Pigman and the leftist MRA from a couple of weeks ago, mentioned above, both claim to be anarchists.

Not to go all ‘no true Scotsman’ but pretty much the central tenet of anarchism is a refusal to accept hierarchies as a valid way of running the world. If they think that they should hold rule over women, they’re objectively and demonstrably not anarchists. Like anarcho-capitalists (basically from the School of Rand), who think that authority over another by virtue of having more shiny things is a perfect valid model for society aren’t any kind of anarchists I recognise either.

When talking about MRAs in general, it depends how you define left/right – are you going on economics or authoritarianism? Most MRAs are libertarian (free/laissez-faire market) economically and right-wing authoritarians. Basically the GOP’s point of view – ALL HAIL BUSINESS! SCREW CIVIL LIBERTIES FOR PEOPLE WHO DON’T LOOK LIKE ME! And then it also depends what one defines libertarian economics as. Some would argue it’s left-wing because it leaves people’s money in the hands of those people to do as their Galt selves see fit and damn everyone else, I’d say that’s an inherently right-wing point of view, and so on.

If anyone’s familiar with the political compass test, I’m at the very bottom left, most MRAs would be in the bottom right and the two dudes who claim to be anarchists are probably top left.

Amused

Okay, I get their “theory” on how women supposedly enjoy being put upon. But Jews? Do Jews enjoy white master-race domination? As a Jewish woman, I really need my masters at Roissy’s to tell me which way I ought to lean.

freitag235

Fat baby bulldog! Best brain bleach there is. I love her little growls while she tries to figure out how her legs work.

Bottom left of the compass. Not surprised at all.

hellkell
hellkell

John Salt misogyny and racism is stunning. I’m always awed (not in a good way) when they let it all hang out like that.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Thanks to cloudiah’s link, I found a rebuttal to Saltnozzle’s racism! It involves tiger photosynthesis. http://leasthelpful.com/post/17821103282/no-offense-science-but-im-going-to-choose-the

cloudiah

The bottom left of the compass is the place to be! I’m hanging out there with some fat baby bulldogs and orange tabby kittens, if anyone wants to stop by.

I seriously question the political compass test. A one-dimensional axis is too limiting, but a two-dimensional grid totally encompasses everyone’s views? And libertarian and right are orthogonal to each other?

Polliwog

Interesting – apparently I’m defying the conventional wisdom about people getting more conservative as they age, since I’ve drifted to the left both socially and economically since I last took this test, back when it was the new thing going around my group of friends. (2004ish, maybe?)

(Really, I’m probably just demonstrating that people get stronger in their opinions as they age – I suspect most of the shift can be attributed to being more likely to hit “strongly agree/disagree” than just “agree/disagree” these days.)

freitag235

Orange tabby kitten, as requested:

What a sweet baby.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

Katz, I agree. Hence the badly worded garble about how you can define libertarian economic policies. But it is slightly more useful than just using one.

freitag235

About 10 years ago I saw a woman with a flat tire on the highway. I got out to help her change it, and her immediate reaction was to jump in her disabled car and lock the doors. This is why I hate MRAs. This poor woman was terrified of me because I am a man and for no other reason. Shit like “force is the greatest weapon we have” makes me sick. Force is a last resort you imbecile. It’s called civilization. Look into it. It produces collective farming, architecture, literature and art. Force produces nothing; it destroys. Fucking idiots drowning in their butthurt and hate. Get The Fuck Over Yourselves.

Baby bulldog brain bleach:

drst
drst

My day would be immeasurably improved if I had a baby bulldog to cuddle with. This week needs to be over already.

Certainly, two axes are much better than one. But unless you have a separate axis for every issue, there are always going to be oddballs who don’t fit naturally anywhere on the scale.

It’s also odd how they seem to think that this test will work for everyone the world over. Different countries have really different issues that they face, and anyway, a test calibrated for the US would put everyone in Europe way over to the left, and one calibrated to Europe would jam most of America over to the right.

Melody

This mentality leads to rape.

I’m gonna go spend some time watching bad ass ladies be action heroes now.

Here’s some Veterans’ Day brain bleach.

Historophilia
Historophilia

Melody, I recommend Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon for that.

Arguably some of the best fight scenes in film history, generally beautiful cinematography and visuals, amazing soundtrack and it passes the Bechdel test with so many flying colours it’s like being smacked in the face by a rainbow.

Also it allows you to worship at the alter of Michelle Yeoh’s face. My god that woman is beautiful. And bad ass. So god damn bad ass.

Sgt Grumbles
Sgt Grumbles

Next time just don’t spell it with an ‘er’, lest you might sound racist.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

There is no “convincing” our [insert various non-white-male categories of individuals here] that our will to power is virtuous or even valid.

1. Maybe because it isn’t.

2. Wait, being black or Jewish or mixed-race is antithetical to having a “will to power,” even if one is a man? Race > sex? I’m confused. Maybe because this crap makes no sense and is also crap.

hellkell
hellkell

AMEN. I could not agree more with this sentiment.

freitag235

@drst, if you had a baby bulldog, it would waddle over to you, push its snuffly muzzle into your hand and adore you with everything it’s got. Baby bulldogs are made of 100% pure love.

drst
drst

Puppies generally are like that, but it’s the wrinkle-butt phenomenon of the baby bulldogs that make them so painfully adorable.

Those Labrador puppies are pretty damned cute too. And beagles. And Pulis. And… 😉

cloudiah

Birds can be pretty adorable too:

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

From here on out let’s say “Objectivist Rapture” instead of “Going Galt”. Also, we are all awaiting the MGTOW Rapture. Totally stole this from a comment on Scalzi.

deodorant
deodorant

Well, no. The central tenet of anarchism is that a refusal to accept institutionalized hierarchies. If Mr. Pigman believes that men are “naturally” the dominant sex, well, that’s entirely in line with anarchism. After all, what are you going to do, enforce equality?

freitag235

we are all awaiting the MGTOW Rapture.

Or at least for them to just STFU and GTOW.

Melody

I’m going to watching crouching tiger hidden dragon now.

Thanks for the advice.

reymohammed
reymohammed

Well, Hell, I knew they thought like that. And yes, I remember clearly a time when most beats and left-activists specifically thought all *men* were created equal. Women were for making coffee and providing sex. Women who insisted on any kind of reciprocal obligation were hopelessly selfish, bourgeois, and unfeminine. Women who unspokenly desired reciprocity were “insecure” and therefore unworthy of it. It was this kind of attitude that kick-started the Second Wave.

1 2 3 5